Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kill Dargyn Pilots Before They Hit the Ground riven challenge: titanias abilities changed or bugged?

cha0sWyrM

Question

so yeah i got the Kill Dargyn Pilots Before They Hit the Ground challenge for a riven. ok sure...np.

the normal easy way I do this is to take titania to the plains and either use her 1 or 3 (3 is better, but 1 works) to snatch the pilots out of the dargyn and hold them in place to shoot.

well....thats no longer working (sort of?). her 3 simply just doesnt work on them anymore...you can cast it all day long...it doesnt do anything but make the sound effect and waste energy. her 1 still plucks them out of the dargyn and holds them there....but killing them after doesnt count towards the challenge...except one time it did. one time, out of like 15 or so attempts. each time they were just floating there long after the dargyn crashed, so they were out, and not on the ground....and they were still alive at the time i shot them...they just didnt count except for that one.

so...is this a bug? did they change the way spellbind and lantern work? the way it is now....ill trash it before i waste time doing it. the rng on the dargyns is already problematic.

6 minutes ago, cha0sWyrM said:

so yeah i got the Kill Dargyn Pilots Before They Hit the Ground challenge for a riven. ok sure...np.

the normal easy way I do this is to take titania to the plains and either use her 1 or 3 (3 is better, but 1 works) to snatch the pilots out of the dargyn and hold them in place to shoot.

well....thats no longer working (sort of?). her 3 simply just doesnt work on them anymore...you can cast it all day long...it doesnt do anything but make the sound effect and waste energy. her 1 still plucks them out of the dargyn and holds them there....but killing them after doesnt count towards the challenge...except one time it did. one time, out of like 15 or so attempts. each time they were just floating there long after the dargyn crashed, so they were out, and not on the ground....and they were still alive at the time i shot them...they just didnt count except for that one.

so...is this a bug? did they change the way spellbind and lantern work? the way it is now....ill trash it before i waste time doing it. the rng on the dargyns is already problematic.

Don't know, but if you're interested in other methods Ash Shiruken still worked fine earlier this week.

1 hour ago, Tiltskillet said:

Don't know, but if you're interested in other methods Ash Shiruken still worked fine earlier this week.

For me the easiest way to do that challenge is using Nidus, shoot the dargin, the pilot drops to the floor, use larva to make it "float", profit.

Mag, Vauban, Titania and others i might have forgotten usually fails it for some weird reasons. Nidus for now didn't.

Edited by Somnium_Bellator

2 hours ago, cha0sWyrM said:

Since I had "kill Dargyn pilots before they hit the ground with melee slide attack" I am using Nidus with max range, and just snach them from Dargyn with 2 (do not shoot them at all).

Have in mind that for that challege you need to use PoE Dargyns, the Kuva Fortress ones do not work.

Edited by Zakkhar

eh...i trashed the riven.

i know tons of other ways to do it. vauban, ash, nidus, limbo, i can probably even use magus lockdown to catch them before they hit the ground....this challenge isnt difficult, its just no really worth doing time-wise, even with titania making it dead easy with 0 chance of failure its almost more of a pain than its worth. im certainly not gonna waste time trying it with a bunch of finicky other ways to do it that most of the time dont even work. the explosion kills them, they hit the ground regardless, they arent considered "in mid air" for some unknown reason....nah. i already have more rivens than i can keep...

ill just add this challenge to the growing list of ones i just dont do because they arent worth the time it takes to do them.

Did this one just the other day, Titania I fly around in Archwing see them blow up the Dargyn let them hit the ground swoop down and use Spellbound on them let them get off the ground kill them = winner.

Or fly around and see Dargyns on the ground land near them so the flies don't kill them and hit them with Spellbound wait until they float a little bit kill them = winner.

BgOA6.gif

15 hours ago, RLanzinger said:

Damage will kill the Dargyn and it's pilot.

Killing the dargyn and a pilot does not complete a challenge. Dargyn must remain itact.

For the same reason any AoE or high penetration weapons also fail the job.

Edited by Zakkhar

Nope, this method work but :

• When the pilot is in the dargyn, you must kill it, not OVERKILL IT !
  • At destruction, the pilot is spawn next to the dargyn (not very visible)
  • At this moment you must use Cosmic crush to attract, freeze and kill the falling pilot

If you do too much damage (>> x2 HP) the overkill can ruin the process or ragdoll the pilot body very far away. So you need to activate it when being on the top of him, using a spamming method to do a lot of crush instead of a big one (this prevent the overkill).

On 2023-07-10 at 5:39 AM, RLanzinger said:

to @cha0sWyrM : No need for any warframe, Just SPAM Itzal's "Cosmic Crush".... attraction + Damage will kill the Dargyn and it's pilot.

that wont work, the pilot has to be outside the thing and not have hit the ground before he dies....and youre missing the point here.

i know there are a lot of other ways to do this. all of them are terrible. the challenge is already bad because it relies too much on rng just to get the things to spawn. add on top of that the finicky way you need to do it...and the entire thing just isnt worth the time or effort.

the ONLY way id even consider doing this challenge is with titania since she has 2 abilities which trivialize the whole thing. well, she USED to. neither of them work anymore so the entire challenge is no longer viable, due to it just taking too long. it used to be you take titania to the plains, fly around in archwing looking for dargyns, then when you see one go into razorwing...fly up to them, pop 'em with lantern and shoot them. from the moment they spawn in till you get the kill takes like 10 seconds tops.

now her abilities dont work on them anymore and every other way to do this just takes too long or is too finicky to be consistent. its just not worth the hassle.

the maximum amount of time im willing to spend on a riven challenge is the 5 mins it takes for 1 round of survival. if its going to take longer than that...its endo.

Edited by cha0sWyrM

whats this about the dargyn needs to survive? Have done this many times with success - shoot the dargyn and blow it up.  pilot falls to ground and survives.  cast titiania 1 on them and they float.. then shoot them.  It has never NOT worked for me.

what pisses me off about this challenge is if you SNIPE the pilot and kill him in his seat, he never hits the ground cause he's already dead, the dargyn survives and floats to the ground, but you don't get credit for killing the pilot before he hit the ground... WTF? that is actually the ONLY way that actually SHOULD make sense to me.

• Like 1

I think there's actually a bug going on right now with riven challenges where the challenge isn't displaying entirely, or it's displaying incorrectly. I just completed a riven that simply said to get finisher kills. However, it was only working on unalerted enemies. My friend has been working on one to simply kill dargyns in flight with a bow, and it keeps resetting for some unknown reason. My guess is that your riven has some additional requirement to it; maybe sliding while getting the kills, or maybe have one of the dragon keys equipped

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, (PSN)Lord_Bucket_ said:

I think there's actually a bug going on right now with riven challenges where the challenge isn't displaying entirely, or it's displaying incorrectly. I just completed a riven that simply said to get finisher kills. However, it was only working on unalerted enemies. My friend has been working on one to simply kill dargyns in flight with a bow, and it keeps resetting for some unknown reason. My guess is that your riven has some additional requirement to it; maybe sliding while getting the kills, or maybe have one of the dragon keys equipped

The one in flight with a bow, I had that one the other day and couldn't work out what I was doing wrong, the riven didn't display the full text on entering the plains, because I was cracking a few of them I didn't notice until I went back in the gate and looked at it that it also stated while aim gliding which wasn't showing when you hit escape and look at the riven.

15 hours ago, Slayer-. said:

The one in flight with a bow, I had that one the other day and couldn't work out what I was doing wrong, the riven didn't display the full text on entering the plains, because I was cracking a few of them I didn't notice until I went back in the gate and looked at it that it also stated while aim gliding which wasn't showing when you hit escape and look at the riven.

Yeah they changed how the riven challenges are displayed (I assume last update) there are many times I ended up doing this half way because of this.

It doesn't matter if the pilot hits the ground.  What matters is if the pilot isn't on the ground and not in the Dargyn when he dies.  The easiest way to do that is to use a floating CC when the pilot is on the ground,  this will pick him up and then you can kill him no problem.    Yanking the pilot out of the Dargyn is much less consistent.   You can find Dargyn pilots on the ground standing by their dargyns,  those are the easest to do this with.    Just don't let them hop on the dargyn.  Lift them up and kill them before they reach it.   

Think the riven process is bugged atm, got a 6 melee combo also and spent hole exterminate on steel path just melee killing on all combo duration and chance was on 11 combo for whole mission and still not complete. Got another mine/kill/fish and cant find a single not to mine replace the riven and the hole area come up with places to mine, put it back on and not single place to mine! Use Titania, Vauben and Wukong stomp and not a single succesful Dargyn kill!

18 hours ago, Dangermouse007 said:

Think the riven process is bugged atm, got a 6 melee combo also and spent hole exterminate on steel path just melee killing on all combo duration and chance was on 11 combo for whole mission and still not complete. Got another mine/kill/fish and cant find a single not to mine replace the riven and the hole area come up with places to mine, put it back on and not single place to mine! Use Titania, Vauben and Wukong stomp and not a single succesful Dargyn kill!

the "get a 6x combo for 30 seconds" only works if it stays at 6x. The moment you go to 7x, you fail (at least, you'll have to use it up and start over)

On 2023-07-12 at 11:27 PM, (PSN)Lord_Bucket_ said:

the challenge isn't displaying entirely

All the text that I can see on the riven is "Kill 5 Dargyn Pilots before they hit the ground 0/5". I've done this challenge before, but this time all the tricks aren't working. I float pilot with Titania #1, or Naramon #1, or Nidus #2, or Moa Ant-Grav. Tried a bunch of weapons and other frames. Nothing seems to count. Is it possible that there is some part of the challenge that I can't see?

7 минут назад, Lotus-123 сказал:

All the text that I can see on the riven is "Kill 5 Dargyn Pilots before they hit the ground 0/5". I've done this challenge before, but this time all the tricks aren't working. I float pilot with Titania #1, or Naramon #1, or Nidus #2, or Moa Ant-Grav. Tried a bunch of weapons and other frames. Nothing seems to count. Is it possible that there is some part of the challenge that I can't see?

• Like 1