Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 33.6: Echoes of Duviri

[DE]Taylor

2 hours ago, Traumtulpe said:

Wasn't this like fixed twice already?

I know it was broken as part of a "fix" they pushed for Drifter's Sirocco years ago, and they haven't touched it since despite it being brought up constantly. Beyond that, couldn't say.

15 hours ago, [DE]Taylor said:

These rooms come equipped with the ability to change the backdrop from the Room Options console. Select from all of the Duviri Spirals (Joy, Anger, Envy, Sorrow, Fear) to set the mood. 

Should add this feature to the Duviri Captura scenes also

• Like 2

17 часов назад, [DE]Taylor сказал:

On defeat, Jackal will drop Rune Marrow and has a chance to drop the Jackal Sigil.

how about you change this so that the jackal (and vor) drops one of the arcanes available in duviry?

Edited by Merrcenary
  • Like 2

• Common Cambion Drift resources (Ganglion, Lucent Teroglobes, and Pustulite) no longer trigger the special resource notification when picked up in the landscape. 
    • These special resource notifications are meant to highlight uncommon or rare pick-ups in-mission. Players will still be able to see common Cambion Drift resources via the regular resource pick-up notification -- we’re just saving that special pop-up for harder to find items! 

Any chance this change gets carried over to railjack too? It's much more egregious in that gamemode since every empyrean resource has the pop-up and can very casually drop just by casting seeker volley or shatter burst

• Like 3

5 hours ago, TeeMeunTsundere said:

Should add this feature to the Duviri Captura scenes also

Yeah, I was surprised you can toggle "time of the day", rain and light in Duviri captura scenes... when there are none present in the actual Duviri Kingdom. All the light is colored and time of the day basically non-existent except night-looking Fear spiral, but that's not what light toggle does anyway.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Joezone619 said:

Decisive Judgment's basic E combo is STILL broken. It ignores the 'align attacks with camera' option in the settings and just treats it as off regardless of if its off or not.

If we're talking about broken stances, Cleaving Whirlwind is still the only stance that actively punishes the player. It's forward combo ends with a forced self stagger that lasts for multiple seconds, making the stance completely unusable. And just to preempt the inevitable replies, no, it doesn't have remotely enough modified DPS to actually justify it. It's got several slow combo steps, and they're all 100%/200% modified.

• Like 1

On 2023-07-27 at 5:01 PM, [DE]Taylor said:

Puncture Changes:
Weakened Status Effect Buffs:

• Increased the debuff to enemy attacks from 30% to 40% on the first stack.
  • Reduced the maximum amount of stacks from 10 to 5.
  • Increased per-stack debuff from 5% to 10%. 
  • Increased the total debuff at Max Stacks from 75% to 80%. 

Impact Changes:
Stagger Status Effect Changes: 

• Reduced the maximum amount of stacks from 10 to 5.
  • Increased the Mercy Threshold from 4% to 8% per stack. 

Not cool. Consistency is important. Should be  10 stacks. There is a myriad of other ways to improve it.

Cold Changes:
Freeze Status Effect Changes:

• Increased the maximum amount of stacks from 8 to 9.

Close. But no cigar. Otherwise nice buffs.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Frendh said:

Not cool. Consistency is important. Should be  10 stacks. There is a myriad of other ways to improve it.

This is a case in which I disagree about consistency. Status effects pride themselves on variety between themselves, including many DoT stacks not having the same limit either. This is a functional change that simplifies and encourages these options.

On 2023-07-27 at 6:01 PM, [DE]Taylor said:

Enhanced Damage Numbers

Warframe is a numbers game, whether you’re Modding your Warframe or your Weapons to do as much damage as possible. With that in mind, we have introduced a new Enhanced Damage Number setting with the goal of properly communicating the impact of your attacks and increasing the overall legibility of damage numbers in-game. 

This new setting can be found in the Interface: HUD Category of your Settings Menu under “Show Damage Numbers.” You can cycle between the new Enhanced system and the familiar Legacy system or turn off damage numbers altogether!

65397108e3956605103e2562c9786e40.png

Causes instant crashing the moment I'm about to land a hit on an enemy with the option on. Disabling it/reverting back to legacy fixes the issue.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, iPathos said:

This is a case in which I disagree about consistency. Status effects pride themselves on variety between themselves, including many DoT stacks not having the same limit either. This is a functional change that simplifies and encourages these options.

I disagree. It should be easy to see when you have max stacks. There are enough things to memorize in game as is. Dumb to make it more complicated when it is unnecessary.

Edited by Frendh
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, [DE]Momaw said:

We know about the buff icon not displaying correctly, but how are you testing that shows the damage itself not working?

(it is VERY easy to miss the target and lose the buff while they are getting pushed around by the Incarnon mode's impact)

Some differences I noticed: I was using the Latron Prime when testing, and the icon did not appear (as you said) - so we're using a different build (of Warframe)?

How I tested it: I used an unmodded Latron Prime with the Incarnon mode charged, and emptied the entire charge in melee range into the back (to avoid headshots) of a level 20 demolisher in the Simulacrum - he survived at ~10% health. I repeated this multiple times, with consistent results.

Next I added the mod Double Tap to my Latron Prime and repeated the test with all other variables being the same - the demolisher continued to survive at ~10% health. There was no observable difference, no matter how many times I repeated the test.

From this it seems fairly obvious that the mod doesn't work on the Incarnon mode, no?

Also: In your video there is an increasing damage number - but there is also the consistent 223+Impact proc that does not increase at all. Isn't that the projectile hit? So even by your own video the projectile itself seems to not be affected (though another number appears to be, which might have something to do with the stacking heat procs, although it looks like that's the AoE).

Edited by Traumtulpe
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, Traumtulpe said:

Next I added the mod Double Tap to my Latron Prime and repeated the test with all other variables being the same - the demolysher continued to survive at ~10% health. There was no observable difference, no matter how many times I repeated the test.

There used to be Sim bug where mods would sometimes not work if slotted there or in the relay.   I mostly don't notice that bug happening anymore, but I've heard from @(XBOX)TheWayOfWisdomthat it's still happening reproducibly with Empowered Blades.  So perhaps with other mods too, or under certain circumstances.  Long story short, it might be worth making your DT build in the Orbiter. then going to the Sim, and seeing if it's any different this time.

The other thought that occurs to me is maybe there is something odd happening in the Sim that's Demolisher-specific, perhaps related to their damage attenuation.

13 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

There used to be Sim bug where mods would sometimes not work if slotted there or in the relay.   I mostly don't notice that bug happening anymore, but I've heard from @(XBOX)TheWayOfWisdomthat it's still happening reproducibly with Empowered Blades.  So perhaps with other mods too, or under certain circumstances.  Long story short, it might be worth making your DT build in the Orbiter. then going to the Sim, and seeing if it's any different this time.

The other thought that occurs to me is maybe there is something odd happening in the Sim that's Demolisher-specific, perhaps related to their damage attenuation.

No. Demolishers do not have damage attenuation. I tested it with the mod already added in the orbiter, and on the same enemy as [DE]Momaw - it does not work at all.

Latron Prime Incarnon with no mods:LhgQDmT.png

Latron Prime Incarnon with Double Tap added in the Simulacrum:r9v2njN.png

Latron Prime Incarnon with Double Tap added in the orbiter:

L2n2F8t.png

You can clearly see no difference in damage on the main projectile hit (the one with the impact proc). Also, as I have noted, even in [DE]Momaw's video you can see that the main projectile does not increase in damage.

The mod does not work, period.

Edited by Traumtulpe
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Traumtulpe said:

No. Demolishers do not have damage attenuation. I tested it with the mod already added in the orbiter, and on the same enemy as [DE]Momaw - it does not work at all.

They do, but that's separate from this issue. The damage being inflicted unequivocally displays that the buff isn't working at least in the simulacrum. Since it's a nightmare to do consistent testing of something like this within missions, the simulacrum should be a reliable option to do said testing.

As things stand, the buff icon simply does not appear in the simulacrum when using Latron Prime with the Incarnon Genesis adapter installed, regardless of whether incarnon mode is active 

The damage numbers reflect it stacking with Incarnon mode disabled, but there is no discernable difference when it's enabled - regardless of ricochets or not.

• Like 1

So after playing a bit with DX12 and the new cache, the engine is still fighting itself over the cache causing longer load times, additional hitching in some places although much of it has been mitigated, and sometimes freezing. So whether or not it's using the GPU Vendor Shader Cache or the new cache... it's still causing serious problems that hardly show themselves without the cache. This engine simply has a bit problem with shader caches as a whole. Something needs to be done because caches of any kind are suppose to facilitate improvements and this engine seems to be doing the complete opposite with the caches present.

I've also noticed that several files in the - Warframe\Downloaded\Public\Cache.Windows - which I'm assuming has to be related to the new cache are being updated almost every single second. If this really is the cache that's being updated, then it's incredible destructive and wasteful especially on SSDs having these files being written to almost every single second. If this really is the new cache, then a pre-generate option for all shaders needs to be implemented as soon as possible.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Traumtulpe said:

Oh, they actually do. I stand corrected. Nevertheless the damage would increase even with damage attenuation.

Of course it should.  I was just speculating, idly, that maybe it could be related to your test target.  What's unusual about Demos?  Damage Attenuation, for one thing.

But you've refuted that theory.