The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Echoes of Duviri: Hotfix 33.6.1

[DE]Taylor

Still no mention about the missing controller inputs in drifter for previous/next ability as I mentionned here about ability menu :

and in my other post in the update feedback (which was silently relocated in my first thread although the absence of these controls is still different from the ability menu thing).
Is it that hard to let controller access the same bindings as keyboard ?

1 hour ago, KitMeHarder said:

I have not tested it, but that would mean frames like Protea were nerfed in Duviri. Decrees like the "on crit deal 40% cold and status" potentially no longer work on her. If that's the case, please revert this change.

I can confirm Kullervo's 4 no longer proc that intrinsic.

1 hour ago, [DE]Taylor said:

Fixes: 

• Fixed issue where Anku Incarnon didn't properly benefit from Range and Slash Damage bonus on Slide Attacks, and didn't inflict any status effects.

I just tested Anku incarnon mode slide attack in Simulacrum and still can't notice any slash damage or range increase, the damage on slide might be bugged still since it's damage output is extremely low compared to neutral attacking or heavy spam while this upgrade was supposed to improve it's slide attack.

The notification on the console in the orbiter takes you to the announcement page for Duviri (base release) not this announcement page.

Steam's new browser is a broken POS, and it took fighting with multiple popup windows (and if you close the wrong popup the whole browser closes) to get here to find out if you fixed the problems that make playing Duviri damn near impossible.

DE please fix.

2 hours ago, [DE]Taylor said:

Missed Notes:

• With the new Ability Damage qualifier with the Enhanced Damage Numbers system, some players may think that certain Warframe abilities have had their Critical Chance nerfed. In truth, some Warframe abilities had a Critical Chance multiplier simply to add “oomph” to their damage numbers, without having an actual impact on Damage output. With this new Enhanced Damage System, that extra oomph is no longer needed, so those non-functional Critical Change values were removed, but the overall damage of these abilities are unchanged. 

Excuse me, you were lying to us?

I hope you get all the blowback you deserve from players who believe their damage output has been lowered.

2 hours ago, reaper10678 said:

Mate, the Kullervo event has been gone for weeks, why do you let entirely irrelevant grievances live in your head rent free for over a month?

Are you okay?

I like that people remember things like this.  DE does some braindead-looking things, either intentional or accidental.  I suspect it won't matter, but I like it when people remember and call out badly designed systems, and that Kullervo one was such a system.

3 hours ago, [DE]Taylor said:

Fixed various offset issues with the Clearvoy Drifter Suit. 

Oi thanks! Will check later if certain clipping is gone :)

Any news regarding the Steam Input changes and XInput being unusable if SIAPI is disabled through Steam?

DE: So, we added the Argo & Vel.

Players: Great, a new weapon.  Oh....60 more pathos clamps.  Sigh.  

DE: But, it's heavy shoots a glaive.

Players: OK, cool.  So, will it function like all the other weapons?

DE: No, it's unique.

Players: No...  Will you buy it, and then have it added to Cephalon Simaris' offerings to buy afterwards?

DE: {Cricket noises}

Players: Good lord.  The Jackal borks the Steel Path and now I have a scan nightwave...that I cannot spend on the new content.  It's just a bang-up job that you're doing here.  I mean, I'm only expecting you follow your own rules....but why?

Side note, I recently read an article basically praising DE for Warframe.  It cited that now the dev team was being divided....and it came out a couple of weeks back despite almost a year since that was announced at a Tennocon.  I know "games journalism" sucks, but when their summarization was that warframe had to die "eventually" and that things weren't looking good, I had to laugh.  This game has been on a long slow death spiral since PoE, where every new release is built on bad old ones...but "someday" the gravy train will end.  It's almost like they don't understand that this is what we've dealt with for years, while begging for better.  Jesus Crisco, my sweet buttery pastry savior it's funny to think that this is "good enough" and that we tolerate it.

3 hours ago, [DE]Taylor said:

Echoes of Duviri: Hotfix 33.6.1

Fixes: 

• Fixed Clients attempting to do Finisher the Jackal in the Circuit sometimes not properly registering, allowing players to deal damage without progressing the fight stage, leading to players becoming progstopped.
  • Fixed Host Migrating in the middle of a Pazaron Finisher to the Jackal in the Undercroft resulting in the remaining players being progstopped. 

ETA on the rest of the bugs in this fight?

One I can immediately think of (because it's happened to me twice) is where you just fight phase 1 three times and then nothing happens, so you have to leave and lose all progress.

Such fun.

1 hour ago, Wheelhouser said:

I like that people remember things like this.  DE does some braindead-looking things, either intentional or accidental.  I suspect it won't matter, but I like it when people remember and call out badly designed systems, and that Kullervo one was such a system.

It gets ignored anyway, and you end up just looking like a jaded player to everyone else because you remember all these issues and cite them where appropriate. I would know :clem:

Kullervo's Hold "event" (I can't believe "event" was used in this context) was just a stupid person tax. Nothing more, nothing less. If the mission offered anything additional or unique for that first time period, I don't think anyone would mind. Charging a resource for an already accessible mission that functions identically to the free version of that mission is just ridiculous. Like all issues like this though, the rug greets it with open arms as it's swept under there.

4 hours ago, reaper10678 said:

Mate, the Kullervo event has been gone for weeks, why do you let entirely irrelevant grievances live in your head rent free for over a month?

Are you okay?

Well, for one thing, they hinted it could come back.   Which, if it came back the same, would be.... funny cat GIF

25 minutes ago, Voltage said:

It gets ignored anyway, and you end up just looking like a jaded player to everyone else because you remember all these issues and cite them where appropriate. I would know :clem:

Kullervo's Hold "event" (I can't believe "event" was used in this context) was just a stupid person tax. Nothing more, nothing less. If the mission offered anything additional or unique for that first time period, I don't think anyone would mind. Charging a resource for an already accessible mission that functions identically to the free version of that mission is just ridiculous. Like all issues like this though, the rug greets it with open arms as it's swept under there.

You also look like a jaded player, and an A******, when you say things like "stupid person tax" without considering that there are reasons a person might be willing to give up 5 clamps for the convenience due to available free time not coinciding with certain in-game cycles, for one example. The game is plagued with issues and there is a higher chance of one being acknowledged if it's being brought forth by a unified group of players, but attitudes like yours are the opposite of unifying. Enjoy complaining to people who don't care, who don't have to care because you're alone.

21 hours ago, ConfidentFart said:

You also look like a jaded player, and an A******, when you say things like "stupid person tax" without considering that there are reasons a person might be willing to give up 5 clamps for the convenience due to available free time not coinciding with certain in-game cycles, for one example. The game is plagued with issues and there is a higher chance of one being acknowledged if it's being brought forth by a unified group of players, but attitudes like yours are the opposite of unifying. Enjoy complaining to people who don't care, who don't have to care because you're alone.

The only reason you would buy into the event is if you were desperate to finish the content quickly or didn't respect your own time. I'm not a diplomatic person. It's evident in my posts. I'm straight to the point. DE made a bad system that just wastes your time if you buy into it.

The cycle times are also a manufactured problem that they are making you pay for the solution to (which funnily enough was also time-limited).

1 hour ago, ConfidentFart said:

Let me echo this as a stupidity tax.  You're welcome to call it a way to pay one resource for more instant gratification...but that's not how DE structured this.  Allow me to elaborate.

How many runs were required to get Kullervo?  Can't answer, well that's because it's a statistical distribution.  42/4 = 11.  42/5 = 9.  42/6 = 7.  It takes between 7 and 11 runs in order to earn the frame...assuming you use it and feed it to the helminth.  This means the pathos clamp cost is also 5*?...or 35 to 55 clamps.  Sweet buttery bagels, that's an absolute pain.  That's 4-6 additional runs at minimum you have to do to make up for impatience.

Let me compare and contrast this "event" to past ones.  In one past event they introduced the Bursas as an enemy type...and we could earn dojo statues.  The Detron/Brakk were introduced in another, where which side the tenno supported determined what weapon was earned.  I remember the tube men awarding a bunch of common reactors (before the time of endo, the way to level up mods).  Plague Star....well, it's called Formastar and beloved by the community for a reason.  Scarlet Spear...it was badly received due to garbage progression, half baked systems, and bugs.  That said, it did allows many of us to finish our arcane collection, because RNG often makes the Eidolons suck to grind.  

Now, the above range the gamut from a great and beloved event (Plague Star) to a crap fest...which at least let us choose arcane rewards.  What did the Kullervo's Hold give us?  The ability to ensure access to Kullervo even if the cycle wasn't right...kind of like that gun DE showed off in Deimos that would switch the Orowyrm cycle.  You know, with the exception that they delivered this and like the original archwing launcher it sucks because it was a resource drain.

Let me short this.  Kullervo's Hold was an event like my spit is a panacea.  That is to say that it was not, it was insulting, and the reward was and now is still available most of the time without expending finite resources....which we need in droves for everything from purchasing arcanes to making incarnons.  This is a stupid person tax...because 3*5 extra runs is a pain...let alone the real total required to get past this RNG wall...hidden behind the scheme of "well, it isn't a complete RNG mess, so stop being so angry with dev team that decided to try a skinner box inside a tax, inside a game where you're going to need to grind to do any of this.

Could we please have a look on Pathocyst charged throw damage bug? Its charged throw heavy attack damage has been delaing half of the damage it was supposed to deal since 2021. Actually, right now, Pathocyst charged throw heavy attack damage is equal to its throw heavy attack damage, however the charged throw heavy attack of all other glaives deal twice the damage of their respective throw heavy attack.

Here is a video proving that:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PVvmYbi27Y

The ability crit change seems like a bad decision, crit had more to it than damage as it could be used to bypass some of the DR restrictions as well.

So it's not a "non functional" effect.

I hope it doesn't affect actual abilities that have crit damage as an actual mechanic (gyre).

3 hours ago, master_of_destiny said:

Let me echo this as a stupidity tax.  You're welcome to call it a way to pay one resource for more instant gratification...but that's not how DE structured this.  Allow me to elaborate.

How many runs were required to get Kullervo?  Can't answer, well that's because it's a statistical distribution.  42/4 = 11.  42/5 = 9.  42/6 = 7.  It takes between 7 and 11 runs in order to earn the frame...assuming you use it and feed it to the helminth.  This means the pathos clamp cost is also 5*?...or 35 to 55 clamps.  Sweet buttery bagels, that's an absolute pain.  That's 4-6 additional runs at minimum you have to do to make up for impatience.

4-6 additional runs? For what? Doing a regular run awarded 10 clamps, but cost 5 clamps, so after each run you had a net gain of 5 clamps. A steel path run awarded 15 clamps, minus 5 was a net gain of 10. Did you think kullervo's hold option cost 5 clamps but rewarded 0? Or are you confusing pathos clamps and kullervo's bane, the resource used to buy kullervo parts and bp?

37 minutes ago, ConfidentFart said:

4-6 additional runs? For what? Doing a regular run awarded 10 clamps, but cost 5 clamps, so after each run you had a net gain of 5 clamps. A steel path run awarded 15 clamps, minus 5 was a net gain of 10. Did you think kullervo's hold option cost 5 clamps but rewarded 0? Or are you confusing pathos clamps and kullervo's bane, the resource used to buy kullervo parts and bp?

You get 10 Clamps after doing the normal run, if you check how many you started with it will show 10 awarded plus the 5 that DE puts back in your inventory that you don't see unless you know your inventory count. Yes, I do agree it's silly to charge it in the first place but you don't lose anything.

13 hours ago, [DE]Taylor said:

Fixed Wisp skins without custom Motes not using Mote Prime when equipped on Wisp Prime.

• Note: This does not affect Wisp Skins that have custom Mote textures (like certain TennoGen items, etc.)

I created a post some time ago about this, it was concerning not only Wisp but all Warframes that have a prime models for their abilities, could we please get all of them fixed? Another annoying case of this would be Garuda's dread mirror when paired with any tennogen skin, it would display the normal version of the frame and not the prime one.

Edit: I just read the other comments and saw some people raising this topic too, sorry for spam

Archived