Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hydroid Future Rework at last! + dog and cat rework

CosoMalvadoNG

8 hours ago, CosoMalvadoNG said:

Undertow it's the best ability he has, sooo possibly Tentacle Swarm since it is a ability it is useless in actual warframe.

I used to think the same about Zephyr's Tornados. At least until her rework. Now it's one of the best defensive DPS crowd control abilities in the game.

I'm hoping Tentacle Swarm gets similar treatment.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Lionsheart89 said:

Hydroid needed some help, but Frost needed it more. He's not the only frame either in need of a serious rework. A friend of mine is always hopeful that they will get Frost up to par one day, but that hope is fading with each passing announcement.

Frost is ok what are you saying he can literally remove armor permanently now no need rework

• Like 1

I hope they combined Tidal surge and undertow. Just make it an ability where he can turn into water. Stay still to be a puddle, hold to surge forward, tap to return. 

Personally, I like the visuals it tempest barrage and hope they just buff it. It's cool to make it feel like a storm with a Kraken flinging enemies left and right. 

Please don't just make him a generic water caster character with reskinned abilities! Please! He's one of the few frames with unique abilities that feel different from your basic CC, fireball, buff moves. 

• Like 1

I hope it's a good one like Wukong or Zephyr and not an ehhh one like Ember.  Ember is better than she was and quite strong and useful, but the weird variable energy drain on her 2 and the fact that her 1 is still a dead slot mean that her rework isn't all that it could have been.

Even if the rework is still suboptimal, I'll finally be purchasing the deluxe skin.  It's one way to send the message that reworks for underwhelming frames are welcome and appreciated.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, (NSW)HydroidPrime said:

I am hoping his passive is changes and 1st ability gets scrapped, it's a useless helminth anyways so maybe something everyone can enjoy, even if not playing hydroid. There's much better ways to stack corrosive these days without sacrificing mod slots. 

unfortunately because it's the Helminth ability, I'm not sure they'd scrap it. 

I mean I guess there would be some weirdos out there who have it on other frames. 

hace 7 minutos, CrownOfShadows dijo:

It took us what... two years of constant complaining to get a Hydroid rework? Buckle up guys, we might need another 2 years to get an Inaros rework. Hopefully everyone's still alive to enjoy it.

If I remember correctly, Pablo said that the reworks came after Duviri, so I expect more changes in other warframes in the near future.

On 2023-08-26 at 11:26 PM, _Eclips3_ said:

I hope they don't get rid of puddle mode, it's weak but I love it.

Undertow is useless and boring. It being hilarious never was and still isn't a valid reason to keep it around. 

On 2023-08-27 at 12:19 AM, Hypernaut1 said:

I hope it retains some of his playstyle. I hate when they completely change a frame

Hydroid's current playstyle is utterly boring, inefficient and completely antithetical to Warframes current gameplay and is the reason he has earned the title of Worst Frame in the Game. Completely changing Hydroid is not at all a bad thing, because out of all frames in the game he is the one who actually needs to be completely changed in order to be brought up to speed with the current version of Warframe.

Honestly, I have no idea how or why people still have opinions like this when it comes to Hydroid, especially in 2023. It's been more than enough time to establish just how bad Hydroid is in his current state and how desperately he needs a rework, more so than any other frame at the moment.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CrownOfShadows said:

It took us what... two years of constant complaining to get a Hydroid rework? Buckle up guys, we might need another 2 years to get an Inaros rework. Hopefully everyone's still alive to enjoy it.

Wait... inaros has abilities????

Season 5 What GIF by The Office

33 minutes ago, TheGodofWiFi said:

Undertow is useless and boring. It being hilarious never was and still isn't a valid reason to keep it around. 

Hydroid's current playstyle is utterly boring, inefficient and completely antithetical to Warframes current gameplay and is the reason he has earned the title of Worst Frame in the Game. Completely changing Hydroid is not at all a bad thing, because out of all frames in the game he is the one who actually needs to be completely changed in order to be brought up to speed with the current version of Warframe.

Honestly, I have no idea how or why people still have opinions like this when it comes to Hydroid, especially in 2023. It's been more than enough time to establish just how bad Hydroid is in his current state and how desperately he needs a rework, more so than any other frame at the moment.

I wouldn't mind his playstyle if it weren't countered so easily by every faction in the game.

Can't strip armor so puddle vs grineer sucks.

Can't suck up eximus

Energy drain infested wreck him

Corpus bubble Boys wreck him

Sentient don't give af

If he were effective against any one faction I could see using him occasionally but he got hit hard with the eximus rework and the nerf to corrosive. Even pre nerf he was middle of the road regarding efficacy and still very unpopular due to the general gameplay use.

I hope Pablo and his team do hydroid solid. Aesthetically his prime is awesome.

On 2023-08-27 at 12:30 AM, CosoMalvadoNG said:

Frost it's just fine, how dare you to compare Frost with Hydroid? it's a joke right? right? 

I don't like Forst :c

Anything he can do, other frames can do better, I would like to see a rework given to him but I don't disagree that some of his changes are nice.

(Please don't hurt me)  

43 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

I don't like Forst :c

Anything he can do, other frames can do better, I would like to see a rework given to him but I don't disagree that some of his changes are nice.

(Please don't hurt me)  

Do you mean there is another frame that has an ability that can strip 100% armor, freeze enemies in place, buff your weapon crit multiplier (by applying 6 cold stacks to enemies), and create overshield for you and your teammates at once?
I can see people complaining about his 1st and 2nd which are actually pretty useless but as a whole package not really.

• Like 2

vor 12 Minuten schrieb Marvelous_A:

Do you mean there is another frame that has an ability that can strip 100% armor, freeze enemies in place, buff your weapon crit multiplier (by applying 6 cold stacks to enemies), and create overshield for you and your teammates at once?
I can see people complaining about his 1st and 2nd which are actually pretty useless but as a whole package not really.

You always have to keep in mind that there are people here with 100 hours in the game and will discuss with people who have 10000 hours. So it is understandable that the guy who you are talking to does not really know what he is talking about.

Hell, most players have not even touched Steel Path, where the game basically is completely different to the pre-SP era.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Dunkelheit said:

You always have to keep in mind that there are people here with 100 hours in the game and will discuss with people who have 10000 hours. So it is understandable that the guy who you are talking to does not really know what he is talking about.

Hell, most players have not even touched Steel Path, where the game basically is completely different to the pre-SP era.

Not really criticizing or anything. But Frost's Avalanche is one of the most broken abilities in this game and it only ever gets buffed (it was ok-tier before the amor strip change, cold proc buff, and most recently the Overguard change and buff). He would still be very viable even if all his other 3 abilities are complete trash (actually more than viable with Helminth now available to us). And it's not the case. Globe is very much still one of the best defensive abilities. 

Edited by Marvelous_A

41 minutes ago, Marvelous_A said:

Hah!, Yeah, you got me! xD

Yup, I know he can quite a bit now with his recent changes and I am yet to fully invest in him but there are many frames that can do what Forst does, such as Styanax but I know for a fact that Forst's Passive & 4th Augment is stupidly powerful and I am looking forward to trying him out once I get my hands on that new skin of his (If DE change the price).

However, I will agree that his 1st and 2nd need to be changed or even merged into 1 Power itself since I tend to use all Powers of Frame (Minus one due to Helmith). Hell, His Snowglobe and Avalnach seem to be the best of his kit for obvious reasons. 

I just dislike older frames, since they are often left out for frames that are "Better" in terms of Design/Visual or Power Synergy, for example, Styanax can Buff Teammates Shields/Engrey and give them Overgaurd, Strip Armor with his 2nd and he is more "Flashy and Visually appealing"

While players might look at Forst and see that he is only good for one Gamemode, Defensive and such, etc. Not the player's fault just DE tend to make a better version of a frame and kind of cast out the old one, Volt is a sample of this, Guass can now run fast and Gyre seems to be the "Better" Shock/Lighting Frame.

Edited by Circle_of_Psi

hace 16 minutos, Circle_of_Psi dijo:

Hah!, Yeah, you got me! xD

Yup, I know he can quite a bit now with his recent changes and I am yet to fully invest in him but there are many frames that can do what Forst does, such as Styanax but I know for a fact that Forst's Passive & 4th Augment is stupidly powerful and I am looking forward to trying him out once I get my hands on that new skin of his (If DE change the price).

However, I will agree that his 1st and 2nd need to be changed or even merged into 1 Power itself since I tend to use all Powers of Frame (Minus one due to Helmith). Hell, His Snowglobe and Avalnach seem to be the best of his kit for obvious reasons.  

I'm sorry friend but you are talking nonsense.
Well, I don't like the 2nd one because I don't need it, but its 1st one is useful to me in some situations.

Styanax is incomparable to Frost, right now Frost with a single ability emulates a third of his kit and in a larger area. I've been playing frost for 10 years and right now there isn't a better strip, hard cc and protector than frost in the entire game.
and yes, I have tried every usable and recognized build of every existing warframe including styanax, even have dozens of builds that nobody would use but that are also functional for specific situations. I do love experimenting a lot, more like 90% of my playing time it's just experimenting stuff.

So I know very well what I'm talking about.

PS: I'm proud of myself.

Edited by CosoMalvadoNG
A comment

9 hours ago, TheGodofWiFi said:

It's the one unique skill that isn't a re-skinned ability from another warframe. There's no need to take this game so seriously. Games are for fun, the ability is fun. Why treat it like a full time job where everything has to be extremely efficient.

hace 2 minutos, _Eclips3_ dijo:

It's the one unique skill that isn't a re-skinned ability from another warframe. There's no need to take this game so seriously. Games are for fun, the ability is fun. Why treat it like a full time job where everything has to be extremely efficient.

It's not that good, it's just better than everything in his kit.
People tend to narrow down the need for every abilities to either be a DPS ability or give a big buff, otherwise they're bad.

Just now, CosoMalvadoNG said:

It's not that good, it's just better than everything in his kit.
People tend to narrow down the need for every abilities to either be a DPS ability or give a big buff, otherwise they're bad.

Doesn't have to be good, it's fun, which fits the game because it's a game.

14 hours ago, _Eclips3_ said:

It's an immortality skill of which there are plenty. Undertow is only unique in just how bad it is.

"Fun" is subjective and not a real defence. Plenty of people found Ember's old World on Fire fun, plenty of people found Mesa's old Peacemaker fun. Didn't stop them from being changed because things are not changed based on whether or not people find them fun. Efficiency is one of the things that DE takes into account when changing an ability.

I honestly do not know how anyone could find Undertow "fun". It does no damage, takes away all your weapons and makes you slower than a dead snail. It's the worst ability in the entire game and the only thing it has going for it is the novelty of turning into a puddle and I feel confident in saying that most people are probably over that by now. It needs to go.

Edited by TheGodofWiFi
  • Like 1