Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PSA: Heirloom Collection Platinum Changes & Lessons

[DE]Megan

Just now, Gladehart said:

Lowering the price would lead to a lawsuit

3 minutes ago, BETAOPTICS said:

Lowering prices = altering the trade deal and that is illegal my friend.
For example if you go take a look at the prime access bundles, there is a reason why DE only made new bundles available when a new prime access came and not when a pack deal was already going. 

Oh please

is that all you care about?

Edited by Circle_of_Psi
  • Like 7

5 minutes ago, (XBOX)TheWayOfWisdom said:

No, it was always permanent.

full quote 

LUNAR RENEWAL 

Embody the fearsome and ferocious tiger with Lunar New Year bundles! Give your companion or Warframe a new look with brand-new Kubrow Armor, a beast-inspired Grendel Skin, Weapon Skins and many more items to decorate your Orbiter or customize your loadout with.

All of the Lunar Renewal items in the bundles are also available for individual purchase in the in-game Market! 

*With the exception of the Lunar Renewal Prowl Sigil, Lunar Renewal Theme, and Lunar Renewal Background in the Spring Festival 2022 Pack.  

The Lunar Renewal items and Bundles are available via in-game Market for Platinum until March 7th @ 2 PM ET.  With the exception of the Grendel Nian Skin, which is remaining in the Market as a permanent addition! Grendel’s first official DE-created skin, Grendel takes the form of the beast from below and comes out to stuff his greedy belly. 

These Lunar Renewal time-limited items will be making a seasonal re-appearance in the future.

nice to see the post which de can edit and change without edit flags:crylaugh: , but ingame it was not denoted that i recall , i purchased it myself at the time , specifically stated time exclusive, later it changed with a notice , which i shrugged as i already had the skin

You have behaved correctly towards the players in terms of monetization for years, this started to go in the wrong direction with Regal Aya not so long ago, you failed us again releasing paywalled bundles that were overpriced and whose price was extremely inflated with aya and platinum.

Your community has openly spoken about how they feel and what they want out of this game, they do not want predatory techniques like FOMO and overpricing on a game that has managed to stay clean of it for so long, your "compensation" for missing the mark solves none of the issues the bundle presented on the first place, I'll be clear with what your players wanted it out to be:

- Not time-limited.

- Separated bundles for each frame, they both are unpopular, the chances of a player wanting both skins is slim.

- Remove entirely the platinum and aya out of the bundles.

- Make it buyable with platinum.

We cannot say it more clear, you have time to redeem yourself, the damage is already done but the wounds can be better fixed if you stop trying to be so greedy. Tencent influence is already quite noticeable.

• Like 13

Here's the Feedback this reaction doesn't address:

- Why are platinum and Regal Aya inserted to bloat the cost of the pack without an option to buy the skins separately? This is transparent predatory marketing guised as exclusivity

- Supporting this game is great, but 2 skins + unwanted items for the price of a AAA game is absurd. It's great these are just cosmetics and everyone has the choice of buying or not; however, this sets a valuation precedence and pricing standard that gives tenno reason to worry about the future and how they want to support the game.

- From my understanding, these skins are near or equal-quality to deluxe skins or tennogen skins. There are no special effects or animations which would justify an augmented price.

Additionally, it's a shame this has become the talking point out of Tennocon rather than the exciting content. What a pointless distraction - nothing celebratory about it.

• Like 16

23 minutes ago, Cerikus said:

I cannot justify fully agreeing with this outlook, because they are not selling power. It's just a supporter cosmetics pack. Just look at how Path of Exile does this. It's pretty much similar and nobody is complaining within PoE community.

Warframe is unique exactly for not doing that. If DE start to align with others, they will lose everything, rust and decay like most of them. 

Currently, Warframe is in top 5 best video games and one of the biggest who still exist for so long.

With this practices they will alienate the community and they'll fall.

I've spent money not because I need it something I couldn't get in the game, but only to show my support for a decent developer and a fair game.

Don't change that. One player and few hundred euros maybe don't count, but I'm not the only one. Most of us are just like that. 

• Like 11

10 minutes ago, RX0UnicornGM said:

you people who are complaining about it being a FOMO tactic you need to get your heads out of your asses and understand that 10 year anniversaries don't stay once it's over so the fact that they are time limited is completely fine especially since from what I was informed they will not disappear until the end of the year so still plenty of time to get them think about Excal prime guess what that was a time exclusive and guess what it was top support the devs so here you people are complaining about how you wanted cheaper packs and you don't like some of the stuff in the packs and how it's time limited how about you think about the fact that the game has survived 10 years and is still going strong with so much more yet to come as well as supporting 2 skin devs that left and came back to celebrate the 10 years that it's been going for and stop complaining every 5 seconds about really petty and shocking stuff I missed excal prime because I didn't know about the game but you don't see me complaining about how I want it or anything grow up and just be happy for the devs and the team ffs because seeing all this is getting tiresome also you do realize that 98% of DE is owned by the Chinese company Tencent so some of the choices may not even be completely DE's choosing

Is this... is this 1 sentence!?

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, Waeleto said:

I hope the next heirlooms don't exist

i perfectly understand why you wouldn't want that, but at the same time... it's not like de cares about og frames anymore anyways, i doubt their getting anymore skins (yes rhino got one but who else) outside of a possible heirloom, so i would want an actual reason for og frames to be special

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

We do not feel it would be fair to those who purchased an Heirloom Collection already with the understanding that they were time-limited to now remove that element

Why though? People hate exclusivity, sure make the 10 year profile badge and the 10 year sigil/glyph only available this year but don't make the skins a one time only thing. 

You guys put effort into making these skins make them permanent and you'll always profit from them at least.

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, VorTekx130 said:

It's also unfair for the players to not have expectations for monetization. DE is still a company selling a product. People often forget that. This happens all too often with "free to play" games. DE has to do this so it can support itself for the next few years where they will be developing more of the game yall know and love so much. Nothing is free and certainly not a high quality product like Warframe. If people can't understand the true value of giving DE their money then so be it.

Just stop de makes way more than enough off plt,access,skins as is that's how it's always been this is tencent diving in wetting it's beak or better explanation it's funds for that crappy soulframe trash

• Like 8

Just now, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

Why though? People hate exclusivity, sure make the 10 year profile badge and the 10 year sigil/glyph only available this year but don't make the skins a one time only thing. 

You guys put effort into making these skins make them permanent and you'll always profit from them at least.

Also just like.

Offer refunds for those upset that they're no longer timed exclusive.

Not rocket science. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 21

3 minutes ago, ShogunGunshow said:

Also, they can change things to not be timed exclusive without getting sued. They've done it before. They could offer refunds to those that only bought it for exclusivity. It's not a legal issue - at all.

Exactly, it's not that hard, they just don't wannaaaa loose moneeeyyy 

Edited by Circle_of_Psi
  • Like 8

1 minute ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

Oh please

is that all you care about?

Like I've said to several others: My posts are not personal evaluations on how things should be but rather evaluations on how things are currently. I don't like the trade laws either hence why my initial post went with I understand that wish but they are still laws that companies are obliged to follow irrespective of my personal viewpoints. Impersonal vs. personal viewpoints.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, (XBOX)EternalDrk Mako said:

nice to see the post which de can edit and change without edit flags:crylaugh: , but ingame it was not denoted that i recall , i purchased it myself at the time , specifically stated time exclusive, later it changed with a notice , which i shrugged as i already had the skin

So your excuse is that DE edited the post without edit marks, and did so across every patch note and announcement. Couldn't be that you were just wrong.

lol

lmao even

• Like 2

You didn't learn anything or listened to any one

Mostly everyone asked for a cheaper pack with the cosmetics only no platinum or regal aya just the cosmetics  but you decided to not listened in the hopes people will forget and fomo will kick in and you get 100 dollars 

Your game has started going down hill and get extremely greedy ever since tencent took over and you truly have stopped listening to fans 

• Like 12

Just now, (XBOX)toughdragon17 said:

You didn't learn anything or listened to any one

Mostly everyone asked for a cheaper pack with the cosmetics only no platinum or regal aya just the cosmetics  but you decided to not listened in the hopes people will forget and fomo will kick in and you get 100 dollars 

Your game has started going down hill and get extremely greedy ever since tencent took over and you truly have stopped listening to fans 

Super Troopers Yes GIF by Searchlight Pictures

• Like 10