Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PSA: Heirloom Collection Platinum Changes & Lessons

[DE]Megan

52 minutes ago, DogCoveredSyrup said:

lmao well it was a really bad joke lol the 1/3 they banned didnt make them as much as you think

Russia alone was enough to make an impact. Prices were too good not to invest.

36 minutes ago, Cerikus said:

Can you link us the source of your claims?

Here you go.

1 hour ago, Rann0n said:

To me it seems

1 hour ago, (PSN)rexis12 said:

Oh man, I wonder why I insulted your intelligence when you started by calling everyone throwing tantrum and that they only recently learned how to count.

God, if you CANT take it, DONT dish it out.

Now, go back and play with your keys little baby .

Nobody said anyone "only recently learned how to count". That's your interpretation of an explanation. Which is incorrect ofc.

Normally I'd be genuinely interested where you saw the "recently" part as that's pretty fascinating, but given your reliance on referring to people as children... Well.... nuff said.

Have a good tantrum though, and don't mind the dwindling support numbers. It can't be easy to hold onto a problem that's already summarily been fixed, but I'm sure you'll manage it.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Greetings, Tenno!

We’re back in action after TennoCon 2023 - and our number one priority is addressing the community’s reaction to the Heirloom Collection.

We missed the mark here and understand the feedback we're receiving because of it. After taking some time to review and evaluate our options based on the concerns, we have opted to increase the Platinum amounts in all Heirloom Packs. 

The Feedback we can address for the current Heirloom Collection:

“The value of the Packs does not justify the price point.”

Our Change to Address:

We are increasing Platinum to all Heirloom Packs to bring them alongside Prime Access standards:

• Increase Platinum in Risen Pack: 400 to 800
  • Add Platinum in Celestial Pack: 800
  • Increase Platinum in Zenith Pack: 600 to 2100

*The Platinum will be delivered via in-game Inbox to accounts that have already purchased the respective Packs. We are coordinating our efforts now to arrange the Inbox send, and Hotfix required. We will signal when the Inbox has been delivered on all Platforms.

Similar to how Regal Aya bundles launched with no Platinum and were met with strong feedback, we agree Heirloom Packs need more value to justify their status.  

This decision was made to address the feedback and maintain the expectations we had set for players upon the release of the Heirlooms (time exclusivity and Pack contents). In doing so, we are able to increase the value of pack contents in a way that does not remove any value for Tenno who have bought them. We do not feel it would be fair to those who purchased an Heirloom Collection already with the understanding that they were time-limited to now remove that element. Those who have purchased simply get more, and ultimately they are now a good Platinum deal with exclusive Cosmetics.

Heirloom Collections are intended to be unforgettable (for the right reasons) - we are also discussing ways we can better preserve that feeling of legacy, quality, and prestige for future Heirloom Collections (if we make more).

We truly appreciate your feedback and concerns and recognize the responsibility we have in ensuring that any new directions we take with cosmetic exclusives are done with much more careful consideration. The Heirlooms were designed with the celebratory nature of this year's TennoCon and 10-year anniversary, and it's on us to ensure that you, as a player, feel that we are upholding years of lessons learned when it comes to selling cosmetic exclusives. If we continue with this series, we are dedicated to ensuring all future Heirloom Collection releases have more purchase flexibility and reflect all feedback we received during this launch.

Thank you, Tenno!

Hello Team, I have bought the risen plat and I only got 400 instead of 800 plats. Please help

18 minutes ago, prodi1600 said:

DE wanting whale segregation, if you get the skin day 1 without the extra platinum you get the sperm whale, if you purchase today you'll get the humpback whale status, if you purchase after they do another "adjustment" we'll get to be Narwhal 

They should probably start renaming this game whaleframe then…

• Like 11

2 minutes ago, (PSN)MYKK678 said:

Nobody said anyone "only recently learned how to count". That's your interpretation of an explanation. Which is incorrect ofc.

Normally I'd be genuinely interested where you saw the "recently" part as that's pretty fascinating, but given your reliance on referring to people as children... Well.... nuff said.

Have a good tantrum though, and don't mind the dwindling support numbers. It can't be easy to hold onto a problem that's already summarily been fixed, but I'm sure you'll manage it.

Yes, the problem has been fixed. Thats why people keep coming and posting here, why content creators criticized it on youtube moments after the original post was made, etc etc. Clearly everything is fine now... No, it was fine before the change. Now it's GREAT.

• Like 4

You know, I was indifferent of the heirloom packs cuz mag and frost aren't exactly my mains, And you have creative control while working with Tencent, but there's also a secondary deal with the plat value increase is that we players Can ALWAYS trade for prime parts & rivens for it.

Tencent already has challenges no need to readdress, but it's being brought in a game where the premium currency is tradeable, and that helps buying other cosmetics of not just your design, but other creators Like Liger, with great reception from both you and the player base alike. in fact, you asked him to make the Dex operator suit you gave to everyone who logged in at Tennocon Day.

for having great communications with open creators, you can fill out a study of the heirloom pack pricing practices, and communicate better with players with these creators as to what the packs would be worth. besides, you promised to never again make a purchase offer like the limited time founder's pack. and the prime resurgence system have everyone farm the warframes these heirlooms are for anyway, and regular aya have us farm for the relevant relics.

why not something like that for individual blueprints for each heirloom item??

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cerikus said:

Seriously, how do you expect to get an official source for a reason for DE to suddenly become greedy?

The last time they pulled something like this was back in 2013 (founder pack), when the company was on the verge of bankruptcy.

And what could be the reason for doing it again now? Money problems. Blocking a large amount of playerbase from purchasing directly affects financial income, don't you think? And it happened fairly recently.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rann0n said:

And what could be the reason for doing it again now? Money problems. Blocking a large amount of playerbase from purchasing directly affects financial income, don't you think? And it happened fairly recently.

Soulframe is being developed under their hood, and are to publish another game, Wayfinder, from airship syndicate. still, bankruptcy issue is way behind them now. at least, it seems like it.

• Like 2

The change is appreciated and brings the packs somewhat more in line with the Prime Access bundles (which could technically just be interpreted as slightly discounted platinum packs with a few bonus items).

However, the lesson i would hope that registers long term is that hard-time-limited FOMO cosmetics are not a good idea. I'd strongly request this stays a one-off and future "heirloom" items stay available permanently or at least in a rotating format.

Look, it's easy to say "oh you're just trying to put whale-skins in the game, they even have the same name as in Apex bla bla bla", that doesn't add anything to the discussion. I understand the game costs money to make and over the entire 9 1/2 years i've been with you i've always been happy to support the development of the game, heck i've gotten life-changing levels of content and a sense of community out of it.

I just do not want this game to slip into the more eggregious monetization strategies that the EAs and Ubisofts and Fortnites of the world employ. You were and are a shining beacon through just how fair and balanced (and even community oriented) the monetization in this game is, and i'd hate to see you lose that aura of unquestionable integrity.

Certainly the amount of feedback you must've received on the pricing and the FOMO of these items must've been overwhelming, they were the only strong negative impression out of an otherwise amazing TennoCon. I simply hope this situation does not repeat. Other than that i've been blown away by a fantastic TennoCon and i'm looking forward to all three updates/releases teased and i'll gladly continue to support the game for years to come :)

Thank you for listening. In todays ugly gaming landscape, that is NOT a matter of course.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Cuboon said:

Soulframe is being developed under their hood, and are to publish another game, Wayfinder, from airship syndicate. still, bankruptcy issue is way behind them now. at least, it seems like it.

Milking the playerbase of their original game and ruining one of its strongest points just to release new stuff that might flop sounds like something didn't go according to original plans.

Edited by Rann0n
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Cuboon said:

why not something like that for individual blueprints for each heirloom item??

Because they already put the foot in their mouth with advertising the exclusivity. They could still go back on it if they actually wanted to do good by their community, but they won't.

Edited by Darkbring
  • Like 3

While I fully appreciate efforts to add value to the heirloom packs, the price point still requires more value other than just increasing the plat included in each bundle. If you really want these bundles to shine add some extra colour pallettes and some finish effects. 

I have already bought the zenith pack and eagerly await the additional plat plus some nice extra "apology" gifts? ;) 

Thank you for 10 years of a really cool game. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jukantos said:

. You were and are a shining beacon through just how fair and balanced (and even community oriented) the monetization in this game is, and i'd hate to see you lose that aura of unquestionable integrity.

Certainly the amount of feedback you must've received on the pricing and the FOMO of these items must've been overwhelming, they were the only strong negative impression out of an otherwise amazing TennoCon. I simply hope this situation does not repeat. Other than that i've been blown away by a fantastic TennoCon and i'm looking forward to all three updates/releases teased and i'll gladly continue to support the game for years to come :)

Thank you for listening. In todays ugly gaming landscape, that is NOT a matter of course.

1 minute ago, Darkbring said:

Because they already put the foot in their mouth with advertising the exclusivity

We play the game often enough as is, the value they put on the packs should come to them in a matter of hours writing this. community is one of the best things revolving around the game, let's keep it up!

Okay, my biggest gripe with this is how exactly am I supposed to feel as a player that supports you?
Past 2 months I've bought platinum in the amount of 4300 three times, each on discount. Which means I've purchased 12900 platinum for 150$. Is this bundle supposed to show me that that wasn't enough? I can't just buy a cool new skin you've prepared for your 10 year anniversary with those for what reason exactly? Corporate greed?

Just don't do those anymore. Prime access? Cool, even though it's a 1/10 idea, sure, we got used to that greedy move and looked past it. But locking another type of thing behind non-platinum time-gated fake fomo paywalls feels awful, scummy.

Tell those chinese investors it's not going to be good for your PR, it's not Asia. If you want to earn a bit more just release them for a bit more platinum with a bundle-only deal with some cool side cosmetics, creating a trade with the player that feels fair and respectful, not a scam or a grift, which is very insulting for me at least as you're basicly grifting people that love you and what you do. "You want to support us, right? Cmon, pay us unreasonable amounts of money for a few cosmetics, you love our game, you like us, surely it's fine, right?" No, it isn't. 

I've just spent 150$ supporting your game and your message is : "You want those two cool new skins? Sorry, but you have to pay more, your previous purchase holds no value in this situation." It feels insulting. How is this supposed to encourage me to pay you more money in the future? 

look at this deal from a player's perspective. How is the Zenith bundle supposed to be equal in value to 7740 platinum? Previously it was 2 skins + random stuff and 600plat, now it's up to 2100. So in your mind the pack you're offering is equivalent in value to 5640 platinum (btw, nobody buys plats without discount, as plat is around 4x overpriced, don't even start with the argument that plat's real value is higher, no it is not)? How detached from your own game's economy and your players you must be to believe that. And it was even worse in the beginning! 7140plat, which is insane to think someone actually greenlit this idea. 

To sum it up, as a player that regularly supported you financially over the years I take this whole ordeal as an insult. I can't find any good intent in this campaign, even if I try really hard. It was pure corporate greed. And it feels really bad to someone who has supported you over the years.

Please, don't do this anymore. If you release cosmetics other than prime ones, just let us buy them with platinum. That's what we bought the platinum for in the first place. 

Edited by Rychlas
  • Like 17

4 minutes ago, Rychlas said:

Okay, my biggest gripe with this is how exactly am I supposed to feel as a player that supports you?
Past 2 months I've bought platinum in the amount of 4300 three times, each on discount. Which means I've purchased 12900 platinum for 150$. Is this bundle supposed to show me that that wasn't enough? I can't just buy a cool new skin you've prepared for your 10 year anniversary with those for what reason exactly? Corporate greed?

Just don't do those anymore. Prime access? Cool, even though it's a 1/10 idea, sure, we got used to that greedy move and looked past it. But locking another type of thing behind non-platinum time-gated fake fomo paywalls feels awful, scummy.

Tell those chinese investors it's not going to be good for your PR, it's not Asia. If you want to earn a bit more just release them for a bit more platinum with a bundle-only deal with some cool side cosmetics, creating a trade with the player that feels fair and respectful, not a scam or a grift, which is very insulting for me at least as you're basicly grifting people that love you and what you do. "You want to support us, right? Cmon, pay us unreasonable amounts of money for a few cosmetics, you love our game, you like us, surely it's fine, right?" No, it isn't. 

I've just spend 150$ supporting your game and your message is : "You want those two cool new skins? Sorry, but you have to pay more, your previous purchase holds no value in this situation." It feels insulting. How is this supposed to encourage me to pay you more money in the future? 

look at this deal from a player's perspective. How is the Zenith bundle supposed to be equal in value to 7740 platinum? Previously it was 2 skins + random stuff and 600plat, now it's up to 2100. So in your mind the pack you're offering is equivalent in value to 5640 platinum (btw, nobody buys plats without discount, as plat is around 4x overpriced, don't even start with the argument that plat's real value is higher, no it is not)? How detached from your own game's economy and your players you must be to believe that. And it was even worse in the beginning! 7140plat, which is insane to think someone actually greenlit this idea. 

To sum it up, as a player that regularly supported you financially over the years I take this whole ordeal as an insult. I can't find any good intent in this campaign, even if I try really hard. It was pure corporate greed. And it feels really bad to someone who has supported you over the years.

Please, don't do this anymore. If you release cosmetics other than prime ones, just let us buy them with platinum. That's what we bought the platinum for in the first place. 

In the post they say they'll make more Heirloom packs twice, but not even once they say there won't be more exclusivity FOMO bullS#&$, or that these packs won't be cash only.

• Like 2

"buy once or it's gone forever" was supposed to end after the founders pack.

This is predatory no matter the price and you've really made me reconsider recommending the game to people after years (and four figures spent, quite frankly, over time). I've always recommended the game because it wasn't predatory despite being F2P but this has really shaken my trust in that.

As much as I want to celebrate the 10 year mark, I am not buying these, or any heirloom collection (or whatever you want to call it next to scrub this concern from SEO results) until there is an assurance you will not do further packs with a perm cutoff like that. Founders Packs was supposed to be the last time. That's the final straw from me and I'm not sure if I'll be supporting further. Addressing this change is good but without any assurance that there won't be more like that, I cannot in good conscience support DE or WF further monetarily.

I was excited for everything I saw at tennocon and the future, but this is very concerning.

• Like 9

This is a nice change. While I wasnt bothered about the price so much, Ive bought every prime access (and the stuff prior to prime access) thats come out. But for that reason getting Aya in the pack sucks, because I have everything it could otherwise be spent on. In the future I hope this isnt a trend to see Aya in these cosmetic packs, regal or otherwise.

1 hour ago, Rann0n said:

Seriously, how do you expect to get an official source for a reason for DE to suddenly become greedy?

The last time they pulled something like this was back in 2013 (founder pack), when the company was on the verge of bankruptcy.

FOMOs no. Actually they have been sneaking in some supporters pack with FOMO skins for quite a while, in each big update to be specific. But they all had better values than this 10-year anniversary cr@p, they often include all the new equipment in the update (warframe, weapons) together with some exclusive weapon skins. It's FOMO but at least they weren't locking out warframe skins which is more important and the packs were just overall better in value.

Predatory business trick? Also no. Regal Ayas caused a turmoil in playerbase too. Basically they wanted to "improve" the Prime Vault experience and suddenly our real money had less value (I.e. getting fewer items with the same money). Eventually they put some "extra" platinum in each Aya purchase like this time to end the huge backlash. But the truth is even with the added platinum the Regal Ayas just barely match Prime Vaults in terms of value. Basically they tried to pull a sneaky on players to undercut them and got flamed. 

Edited by Marvelous_A
  • Like 6