Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Abyss of Dagath - Dev Workshop: Accessibility + HUD Improvements:

[DE]Taylor

Wow all these are great! Having conservation markers disappear when putting away tranq rifle was a gripe of mine.

Auto melee: can we please have this for semi-auto weapons?

Buffs and debuffs: since we're getting so much HUD customization lately, is an option to always hide certain buffs in consideration? With Galvanized mods and Steel Path/Arcanes, etc it's pretty busy. I don't need to know static Incarnon buffs that are enabled if over X armor or energy e.g. Fortress Salvo: I'm already aware of my Warframe's stats and the active perk in the Arsenal.

• Like 5

22 hours ago, [DE]Taylor said:

Your days of spamming E are over with the new Auto-Melee function coming with the Abyss of Dagath.

I'm glad that this change is coming. But that only covers HALF the spamming of attacks in Warframe. Why no Auto-Trigger function for Semi-Auto weapons? I know the RoF reduction was put in-game to make it easier to click certain weapons, but it's still spammy with a fully modded set of weapons like Akjagara Prime.

Do what you are doing with auto-melee and allow certain weapons to retain their abilities by limiting it to everything but glaives, except in this case it would be limit it to weapons that can't normally change mode-types.

Here's a link to my year and a half crusade for Auto-Functions for Melee and Triggers down in the suggestion forum:

Thank you for helping make accessibility a bigger issue and making it easier for folks to play the game. Now I would like if you would finish it with adding auto-trigger to some weapons as well.

• Like 7

Hopefully we get a Full Auto accessibility setting for all semi-auto weapons as most also require button mashing and it makes them near impossible to use with arthritis. Destiny 2 already tried the "making disabled players use worse stuff by making the accessibility setting a mod", and then finally gave us Full Auto for all weapons from an option in settings last year.

• Like 9

I really appreciate the change to melee.  But it bothered me they didn't even mention semi-auto ranged weapons, especially after their clumsy attempt to fix the issue by adjusting some RoF stats.

Hopefully they're exploring it, but just didn't say anything for legal or outreach reasons.

• Like 6

23 minutes ago, ShardPerson said:

Hopefully we get a Full Auto accessibility setting for all semi-auto weapons as most also require button mashing and it makes them near impossible to use with arthritis. Destiny 2 already tried the "making disabled players use worse stuff by making the accessibility setting a mod", and then finally gave us Full Auto for all weapons from an option in settings last year.

I even documented that fact in my suggestion thread. Good on them for being like "Yeah, this is a bit crazy, the amount of clicks you gotta do with certain weapons".

Now to get DE to have this AH-HA moment as well.

• Like 1

Not sure if this is really accessibility related, but can the visual effects from Eximus Attacks have an intensity setting/toggle the same way we have a setting to adjust how intense teammates abilities/weapons appear to us? The new effects are getting to be a little too visually obstructive, especially if you're playing Nekros and spawn your own Eximus units which then add to the number of "enemy" abilities being cast on screen.

Adjusting the Arson Eximus' attack so that it visually lines up with the hitbox would also be helpful, it still looks like it can be avoided by jumping over it when in reality it is an expanding wall.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, ShogunGunshow said:

Highlighting is so good... but I'm going to be using it even when I don't need it for accessibility. As I imagine most players are.

I can't help but feel like the art direction on enemies is wasted when the best way to play optimally is to just smear neon paint all over them. 

If using it makes things more visible and is improving your performance, then you are, in fact, using it for accessibility.

• Like 2

On 2023-09-28 at 7:29 PM, [DE]Taylor said:

Where to find this screen
This new Update History Screen will present to players the first time they log into the game following an update, but it can also be accessed any time at two locations:

In the pause menu above the Nightwave button.

Via the new banner over the News console in your Orbiter!

This part is just bad. Above the Nightwave menu? Yes, a prime real-estate for miss-clicks, surely it is not going to become obnoxiously annoying in a day of play..... surely.  Could have been just a tab in the ESC menu, maybe above Profile, named "Version Highlights" or something ...... it is that simple really.

The New banner over the News console? The news console that barely showed relevant historical information before, now will show you only the last 3 "news"... this is terrible. Hotfix information will now get buried by only 3 posts... i feel sorry for the poor chaps that rely on that in-game console for information.

It could have been a full square, and just cycling like the Market banner does, from Update History Screen to News & Community. That way at least it both, utilities the entire banner space AND lets the other information be viewed properly without cannibalizing it's area.

Please think this over, I know you put effort in making the Update History Screen, but the way it is just slapped for alternative access points is not great to say the least.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, IDystopiaI said:

Not sure if this is really accessibility related, but can the visual effects from Eximus Attacks have an intensity setting/toggle the same way we have a setting to adjust how intense teammates abilities/weapons appear to us? The new effects are getting to be a little too visually obstructive, especially if you're playing Nekros and spawn your own Eximus units which then add to the number of "enemy" abilities being cast on screen.

Yes it is called "Effect Intensity" and is already in the game. Sure it impacts your Warframe and weapon VFX, but small price to pay to be able to see right. And yes that setting for your weapons works on enemy abilities too.

Fiddling with the amount of particles can also help you see better!

I play on 200 Effects intensity and max particle amount and quality, i will not say why.

1 hour ago, Do_High_Go said:

Yes it is called "Effect Intensity" and is already in the game. Sure it impacts your Warframe and weapon VFX, but small price to pay to be able to see right. And yes that setting for your weapons works on enemy abilities too.

Fiddling with the amount of particles can also help you see better!

I play on 200 Effects intensity and max particle amount and quality, i will not say why.

That's kind of unfortunate that it's tied to my own intensity settings and not the one used to reduce visual effects from your squad, or its own separate setting. 

• Like 4

It may be irrelevant, but they could add a way to adjust the scale of the chat window. In addition to just changing the size of the letters, but the general size of the window. Maybe it's because of playing on a big screen, but I personally feel uncomfortable with the chat in the corner of the screen, sometimes you can't even see certain things.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Metal_Sign said:

If using it makes things more visible and is improving your performance, then you are, in fact, using it for accessibility.

Nah, accessibility is about making things playable for people that have disabilities or other challenges that make it hard to play normally.

I don't have accessibility concerns that need to be compensated for, so I will be using it not for its accessibility, but readability, because Warframe can get so visually noisy that having something that cuts right through that noise is valuable to anyone, disability or no. No more having to strain your eyes on Deimos or the Zariman is too good a QoL to ignore. 

On 2023-09-28 at 10:45 PM, Snackrat said:

Highlighting seems like it will be very useful for telling spectres and enemies apart. I'm guessing 'temporary allies' are still marked as enemies since they can still take damage, albeit with damage-storing in some cases? (Things like Revenant thrall, Nyx control, Garuda altar, Xaku gaze, Titania lantern... )

I am constantly wasting time shooting less obviously-friendly spectres. And I'd definitely love a more visually-apparent way to mark Thralls so my squadmates don't kill them. Especially when I've managed to whittle down an eximus' overguard without just murdering them.

On 2023-09-29 at 1:18 AM, 3mptylord said:

Will skin-exclusive buffs also appear here? For example, that Scindo skin that gives +10% damage and -10% attack speed. 

Why is that even a thing? By all means, have an option for that, but shouldn't skins be purely cosmetic?

21 hours ago, IDystopiaI said:

Adjusting the Arson Eximus' attack so that it visually lines up with the hitbox would also be helpful, it still looks like it can be avoided by jumping over it when in reality it is an expanding wall.

This. This needs to happen. I still try to jump over it sometimes, even when my brain is going "No you idiot, we know that doesn't work!". It's muscle memory at this point, and I know that I need to unlearn it, but this would still help immensly.

• Like 1

En 28/9/2023 a las 13:29, [DE]Taylor dijo:

HUD Improvements

When are we going to be able to Manually Move ANY HUD Item around the Screen
Warframe is an extremely fast paced Game, I need to place my HP/Shield and Energy Bar
closer to each other and move them towards the Center of the Screen, seriously

I cant believe this Change wasnt even brought up during the Discussion, its almost mandatory

Angry Fox Tv GIF by Hell's Kitchen

• Like 3

On 2023-09-28 at 9:29 AM, [DE]Taylor said:

Character Highlighting System

The enemies you face in Warframe tend to be well-themed to their tilesets -- while this adds visual cohesion to the game, it also means that your foes can sometimes blend into the landscape. To improve enemy and ally visibility, we’re adding a new “Character Highlighting” section to our Accessibility menu

With this new system, players will be able to apply a Highlight on both enemies and allies, with a variety of customization options. Whether you want to improve avatar visibility or simply turn them a fun colour (or both!), you will be able to select the hue and intensity to your liking through the various settings:

98c4669db0724cf88330e2cf62678bc9.png

The inclusion of highlights are a great idea, but suggestion:

Instead of showing highlights around every edge like in the grendel presentation(highlights around his horn, fingers, stomach, neck, literally everywhere), just have the highlights show only as outlines for our allies/enemies. Otherwise, everything may look way too oversaturated, and arguably more important, it ruins fashionframing. Good example of highlighting can be seen from Overwatch. Even with all the bright, colorful abilities being used in that game, you can very clearly tell who is friend and foe with their simple highlighting, while still being able to admire their skin choices.

Also hightlighting will be automatically disabled in player hub areas like relays and Cetus, right?

Since Auto-Melee is removing a lot of the active element of meleeing, we are working on an addition to this system called “Perfect Heavy Attacks” that aim to release with Whispers in the Walls. 

Finally, we're transitioning out from Melee 2.999997, and into Melee 3.0. <3
As a melee fanatic, I'm excited to see what's coming. With a name like "Perfect Heavy Attacks", hopefully it's something that rewards skill or timing.

Buffs and Debuffs in Pause Menu
The meme of Octavia players giving their squadmates enough buff indicators to look like an MMORPG screen is real and valid. Worry not -- we’re not changing the buffs you get, we’re simply adding the ability to see what the actual Buff and Debuff Icons mean when entering your Pause Menu::community:

Could we get a few more color customization options for our HUD, categorizing different types of buffs? Even if it's just three, of which I recommend Self-buffs, Allies'-buffs, and Arcane-buffs, we'll be able to more quickly interpret our active buffs WHILE in combat, instead of having to press esc. As a veteran player, I can pretty quickly check for and locate the single buff that I'm looking for next to my health bar in a sea of blue icons(or whatever color y'all have Buffs set to) because I've grown used to it. But I'm sure everyone, new and veterans, will appreciate some color categorization to better check for our active buffs.

On 2023-09-29 at 5:53 AM, (XBOX)Chara8132 said:

Honestly this would be so nice, there have been quite a few times, mainly during circuit, where I want to know how much armour I have, and there’s just isn’t a way to tell, like even an option in the menu that brings up my modded and ability affected stats would be great, but an armour indicator in the main UI would be a godsend

for circuit specifically... I think we need a way to see our stats and not just an ability screen

• Like 1

On 2023-09-28 at 11:29 AM, [DE]Taylor said:

if you prefer the precision of individual inputs

About auto-melee (and since you've mentioned PRECISION), please remove the multi-hit combos of some stances (particularly prevalent in daggers, dual daggers, sparring) since those cause you to hit 2 or 3 times in a single tap of the button; or rather split those multi-hits into two or three button taps, like most weapons. Those multi-hit combos contradict what you've just stated here (I always found multi-hits to be imprecise and kind of cumbersome). And if it's about precision, it would also be lovely if standing combos had their lunge forward greatly reduced, since they're STANDING combos, if I want to move forward while attacking I can just press the movement button while attacking (this is another thing that I find cumbersome, specially with the aforementioned weapons that have very big lunge forwards).

This is something I had already suggested and I really think it would make those weapon types feel more fluid and precise.

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1365238-bringing-back-an-old-suggestion-now-that-auto-melee-is-being-implemented/#comment-12864101

Edited by JCMS130988