Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe community is terrible, mostly public matching.

(PSN)Zbeatza

I understand the afk/people not doing objectives complaints (which are totally valid) But like This is a game where you play as a techno organic cyborg ninja.

I'd be upset if I couldn't go six billion miles per hour.

If you want a slower mission time that's your thing, some people just want to meat grinder enemies while speed running.

Also the Developers should listen to the community when something is bad after all it's the players mainly bankrolling the game and also if alot of players truly think something is bad it probably is.

I recommend solo missions and specters if you wanna go slow 

28 minutes ago, (NSW)Justarius said:

Also the Developers should listen to the community when something is bad after all it's the players mainly bankrolling the game and also if alot of players truly think something is bad it probably is.

if it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck and a million people agree it is a duck, there's a high likelyhood it is a duck. 

however: the devs shouldn't always listen to the community on everything, sometimes, things need to be nerfed. the community hates this but it's a simple fact, game balance can only be achieved with both buffs and nerfs. the community gets mad every time DE nerfs something but if DE listened to those complaints, powercreep would rapidly take what little challenge remains away and we'd be left with a game where you can practically win by having a monkey press random keys on the keyboard. 

• Like 1

A lot of the issues with Fissures in particular is the fault of the game design. It shouldn't be so easy to accidentally grief the whole squad by killing enemies too fast.

You forgot about people in so much of a hurry that they take elevators before everyone's on board which just ends up making the mission slower. that too is a game design issue tho.

But yeah a lot of players just completely lack consideration for the rest of the team. Now just wait until half the playerbase are children on mobile and these problems get 1000x worse.

Edited by PollexMessier
  • Like 3

On 2023-10-03 at 7:56 AM, ReddyDisco said:

Can't say i've come across nearly as many toxic people as you describe and i've been playing for over 4k hours, maybe it's you who's the toxic one.

Maybe it's you that didn't play in public enough, it mostly happens in endless type  missions, fissures or not, they are not toxic it's just a behavior that they developed somehow, before you used to join a public session you would beg people to let you extract after 20 minutes, now people don't pass one round, i lost count how many times i restarted circuit, mirror defense, endless fissure, disruption because one guy leaves and nobody wants to play in 2-3. When it comes to nerfing broken gameplay or fixing an actual bug not designed by DE, players act spoiled, they don't play or do anything without a reward, i wish capture was a bit longer for the sake of "fun" or had second objective that was optional. Your 4k hours means nothing, how many of those hours are you sitting in orbiter, relay or playing solo.

On 2023-10-03 at 2:31 PM, PollexMessier said:

A lot of the issues with Fissures in particular is the fault of the game design. It shouldn't be so easy to accidentally grief the whole squad by killing enemies too fast.

You forgot about people in so much of a hurry that they take elevators before everyone's on board which just ends up making the mission slower. that too is a game design issue tho.

But yeah a lot of players just completely lack consideration for the rest of the team. Now just wait until half the playerbase are children on mobile and these problems get 1000x worse.

You're right, ans i don't want to imagine the waves of new players on mobile phones, hopefully they have limited hosting, if i play warframe on phone i would rather play solo or with other phone users.

"Terrible community, mostly public matchmaking"-nobody plays longer than 5 mins or 1 round of endless mission that they choose to play in public, somebody else in match said "makes no sense why you are leaving after 1 round, we barely started", if they have an emergency or i have one, i apologize in the chat and abort, when i am bored i go for 2-3 rounds, not a full rotation. And the spy missions, we failed sortie after sortie, because one guy couldn't sit and wait(more than one).

19 hours ago, (XBOX)EternalDrk Mako said:

personally i blame the flood of X destiny players , they brought bad habits fromd1/s2 over , least it was very noticeable from xbox perspective, prior to crossplay 

Idk about that, but my issues come from Mid to high MR players, low mr players actually want to play the game and they go longer if a pro stays with them, had a rhino stay 20 mins with me and thanked me for carrying him, he did better than most of his level.

On 2023-10-03 at 1:18 PM, (NSW)Justarius said:

I understand the afk/people not doing objectives complaints (which are totally valid) But like This is a game where you play as a techno organic cyborg ninja.

I'd be upset if I couldn't go six billion miles per hour.

If you want a slower mission time that's your thing, some people just want to meat grinder enemies while speed running.

I recommend solo missions and specters if you wanna go slow 

You missed the point entirely, untill DE fixes or changes how reactant drops people should stop speedrunnig missions, guess what, i blame you for killing everything not waiting a second for them to be corrupted, you can ignore non corrupted enemies, guess what it's you that is leaving the game after 5 mins survival because we all ended with 9/10 reactant desperately searching for the last one. I've had this happen before many times, those people ruined everyone mission and wasted our time, fissure and regular endless missions have to be played slightly different, i don't like it, i wish reactant was shared the same as railjack.

On 2023-10-03 at 10:00 AM, TurjanMi.ir said:

Heh, I wonder why that rant was posted just a couple of days ago. I was doing fissures for a while yesterday, and about one in three missions started with a host migration before it had really been on the ground. Mind, that was a rather unusual experience, and I wouldn't call it the norm.

I guess I was part of "the problem" during one run, where I was already waiting at extraction before the last player had collected all his reactants. Oops. That was a reminder to pay more attention to the numbers on the screen.

The issue with SO and ESO is part of the design. As most people play those modes for leveling and not for the rewards, it's more or less expected that people leave after they are done leveling. I personally make sure though not to leave after the first round, if it's just about topping up the last one or two levels after I had been left alone in the first run.

As far as endless missions are concerned, I always assume that some of the random players will just want to clear the node or need just one piece of a specific resource. That's just how it is. Sometimes it's also experienced players who leave because they only want to play if the other players don't spread the spawns.

It is the norm since DE allowed players to extract in survival(i want that because after 20 mins i get bored but 2 people were needed to start extraction), it was an issue when accolytes became a thing and DE added "undiscovered items" to stop players from leaving mid game.

What you said about players joing an endless mission to get a resource and leave are a problem, just play solo at that point, you decided to join a public match to do something that takes 2 seconds, you took a slot from someone that wanted a quick team to do a full rotation. Had a player that joined mot survival for 1-2 argon then left at 5 mins, why, now the other players don't want to continue as a group of 3 or 2. He could've gotten for sabotage, capture, anything was shorter and non endless.

I had more than enough restarts in mirror defense or circulus-lua, since DE added incarnon modes i avoid the circuit, because nobody plays longer than 1-2 rounds, maybe that's all they needed for tier 10, but now they ruined everybody else mission by taking up a slot. It's boring to keep reseting the gamemode when you finally got a few good decrees.

On 2023-10-01 at 1:06 AM, (PSN)Zbeatza said:

I've been playing since closed beta, we've had players afk or leaving early/quitting, but never to this degree, it angers me everytime i play on public matchmaking i see this behavior so often that i avoid other players, i would rather play solo and be able to pause the game. Here are some types of players i have noticed:

1.Early leavers, extracts as soon they can, usually one is enough to make the other two to leave aswell, they ruined an endless mission, nobody plays a full AABC rotation and they join back, i caught all 3 leaving and joining the same mission, 1 of them quitting before extraction, again.

2.Quitters, joins stays 5 to 10 seconds, maybe checking the relics i assume or miss click on the wrong mission(it happens).

3.Afk-ers. For an entire mission, what was so important that you cannot leave the game before, why do they join an endless mission only to not play.

4.Solo playstyle in public, terrible in fissure survival spreads enemy spawns, loot, fissures spawn but have no enemies to corrupt.

5.Speedrunners, they do the mission so fast and now we have to wait for void enemies to spawn or they stop spawning.

6. The bloodthirsty, they see red, forget about objectives, mission fails.

7. HumanNukes that ruin a afissure mission by killing everything too fast.

And many more, most of the problems i face are in endless, fissures, open worlds, anywhere it benefits to be in a team of 4. Recently i had a guy in eidolon hunt hold a shard and killing vomvalysts in a necramech, just place the f# shard, after capturing the second eidolon one player decides to extract, while holding another shard so we cannot spawn the next one, then he/she realised that they can leave the group in open worlds to solo extract. I've had so many players leave the moment lotus opens extraction that farming the Circuit, Voruna, Citrine, prime parts, sanctuary, relics became so painful that i would rather solo the entire game(i could try but would be more boring than it is now).

The community is plain terrible, failing a spy mission then leaving because spy missions are bad,not the clumsy guy that enters the room.

If anyone tries to say how great the community is, look at the vets, complaining to not change this and that because they can no longer one shot level 9000 enemies, they can't break the game over and over, finish a mission in 0.2 seconds, farm 100 relics in 10 minutes, those pleople that change their opinions when their favorite warframe content creator makes a video. New players have no idea what's going on because there's a guy holding two seers going on a rampage as the drifter.

#Edit: It seems some of you missunderstood my frustration, maybe it was my fault writing the post while i was angry from a recent case.

What i've been trying to say is that: endless missions are intended to go as long as possible, if we both choose to play with random people in a endless type gamemode i assume everyone intend is to stay for longer than 1 round, atleast 2. For some reason i see this pattern too often, 3 people want to battle, 1 decides to leave, second person decides to follow so is the 3rd, now you are left alone after 5 waves. In the circuit usually the first person to decide is what everybody follows, this made the gamemode harder to farm, reason why i avoid it, i tried to solo steelpath but after 2/3 waves of defense first mission i gave up, if i had a few decrees i could've succeed.

In fissures if you kill uncorrupted enemies you don't get reactant, you don't get a prime, simple as that, i'm not telling you to not play nuke frames, i'm telling you to wait for the enemies to become corrupted.

Everybody advice towards me is: play solo, stop playing, play with a premade team, this is simply avoiding the problem that you don't want to admit it exists. It has happened before hence why we have black boxes with a "?" After killing bosses.

There're other reasons why this community is terrible for game development, listening to the playerbase cries to change something is going to ruin the game, this community is going to kill the game before DE does. All of this problems come from high MR players, people that played for longer and have knowledge of the game, same people that ignore new content in favor of 30seconds capture mission for efficiency. Same people that tell others to stop spending money on the game and just spend time to trade for plat, i wonder why you can't buy heirloom skins with plat? Some of us have 10k (i barely have 200 bought plat).

This is exactly why communication, chat and clans exist. People creating a culture of not using these resources is not an excuse since people could also PROMOTE the use of these resources. I've joined in on a quite a few recruit missions and they were excellent experiences. Of course, some had bad apples but, for the most part, a proper chat goes a long way 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, (PSN)Zbeatza said:

Maybe it's you that didn't play in public enough, it mostly happens in endless type  missions, fissures or not, they are not toxic it's just a behavior that they developed somehow, before you used to join a public session you would beg people to let you extract after 20 minutes, now people don't pass one round, i lost count how many times i restarted circuit, mirror defense, endless fissure, disruption because one guy leaves and nobody wants to play in 2-3. When it comes to nerfing broken gameplay or fixing an actual bug not designed by DE, players act spoiled, they don't play or do anything without a reward, i wish capture was a bit longer for the sake of "fun" or had second objective that was optional. Your 4k hours means nothing, how many of those hours are you sitting in orbiter, relay or playing solo.

Did a disruption arbitration tday that lasted 25+min until 2 ppl died and rest extracted, no premade, no recruit chat. i just clicked on the thing and got matched up and was fun. i call that good enough

2 hours ago, fo3nixz said:

Heh? Did a few public sp levelcaps , If that's bad idk , most of the time people stay 10 rounds ez.

I especially love it when the team gets in sync with SP Circuit...to the point where we all, at the same time, hesitate on that one high level defense that we just don't have the confidence to dive into and take on...only to then all go for it, survive the next rotation and do it all over again. 😂

It's a seriously good feeling when random acts, feels and plays like a tight team. Take the bad with the good and focus on the good. 

• Like 4

No answer you get will please you. At this point you aren't looking for a conversation, you're just looking for an echo chamber. You dont get to dictate how other people play the game, and that's the risk you run when you play public matchmaking. Crying like you are and then talking down to people just trying to help you does nothing. Get over yourself. Make some friends who think exactly like you, because that's obviously what you want, or quit playing. This game wasn't designed for you alone. Its not perfect by any means, but the issue isn't as widespread as you like to think it is. 

Edited by (PSN)ErydisTheLucario
  • Like 2

On 2023-10-01 at 1:49 AM, SDGDen said:

#4: DE could add more incentive in survival to stay together, as well as educate new players better on staying together in survival. sometimes however, i do this not because i want to play solo but because someone else is running a build that messes up how my build works (for example, running chroma when someone is running an overguard styanax) so i have to stay out of their ability range. 

Hi, new player here. Survival is self explanatory - survive. Easiest done by sticking with the group. Also very noticeable when team mates are far away and there’s no enemies spawning.

What is not explanatory is the game telling you to extract when you don’t have to and get better rewards for not doing so.

Mission reward rotations are also not explained in game. As a new player I thought everything was random.

Edited by (PSN)FirmBizkit
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, (PSN)FirmBizkit said:

Hi, new player here. Survival is self explanatory - survive. Easiest done by sticking with the group. Also very noticeable when team mates are far away and there’s no enemies spawning.

What is not explanatory is the game telling you to extract when you don’t have to and get better rewards for not doing so.

Mission reward rotations are also not explained in game. As a new player I thought everything was random.

Yeah, that's the exploration side of Warframe DE likes to do. Their idea is to have the community work together, seek and share discoveries. It doesn't work for everyone but, personally, I absolutely love the community central intelligence system. I only have issues with it when people decide to completely spoil the game instead of providing hints and tips.

• 3 months later...
On 2023-10-01 at 1:06 AM, (PSN)Zbeatza said:

I've been playing since closed beta, we've had players afk or leaving early/quitting, but never to this degree, it angers me everytime i play on public matchmaking i see this behavior so often that i avoid other players, i would rather play solo and be able to pause the game. Here are some types of players i have noticed:

1.Early leavers, extracts as soon they can, usually one is enough to make the other two to leave aswell, they ruined an endless mission, nobody plays a full AABC rotation and they join back, i caught all 3 leaving and joining the same mission, 1 of them quitting before extraction, again.

2.Quitters, joins stays 5 to 10 seconds, maybe checking the relics i assume or miss click on the wrong mission(it happens).

3.Afk-ers. For an entire mission, what was so important that you cannot leave the game before, why do they join an endless mission only to not play.

4.Solo playstyle in public, terrible in fissure survival spreads enemy spawns, loot, fissures spawn but have no enemies to corrupt.

5.Speedrunners, they do the mission so fast and now we have to wait for void enemies to spawn or they stop spawning.

6. The bloodthirsty, they see red, forget about objectives, mission fails.

7. HumanNukes that ruin a afissure mission by killing everything too fast.

And many more, most of the problems i face are in endless, fissures, open worlds, anywhere it benefits to be in a team of 4. Recently i had a guy in eidolon hunt hold a shard and killing vomvalysts in a necramech, just place the f# shard, after capturing the second eidolon one player decides to extract, while holding another shard so we cannot spawn the next one, then he/she realised that they can leave the group in open worlds to solo extract. I've had so many players leave the moment lotus opens extraction that farming the Circuit, Voruna, Citrine, prime parts, sanctuary, relics became so painful that i would rather solo the entire game(i could try but would be more boring than it is now).

The community is plain terrible, failing a spy mission then leaving because spy missions are bad,not the clumsy guy that enters the room.

If anyone tries to say how great the community is, look at the vets, complaining to not change this and that because they can no longer one shot level 9000 enemies, they can't break the game over and over, finish a mission in 0.2 seconds, farm 100 relics in 10 minutes, those pleople that change their opinions when their favorite warframe content creator makes a video. New players have no idea what's going on because there's a guy holding two seers going on a rampage as the drifter.

#Edit: It seems some of you missunderstood my frustration, maybe it was my fault writing the post while i was angry from a recent case.

What i've been trying to say is that: endless missions are intended to go as long as possible, if we both choose to play with random people in a endless type gamemode i assume everyone intend is to stay for longer than 1 round, atleast 2. For some reason i see this pattern too often, 3 people want to battle, 1 decides to leave, second person decides to follow so is the 3rd, now you are left alone after 5 waves. In the circuit usually the first person to decide is what everybody follows, this made the gamemode harder to farm, reason why i avoid it, i tried to solo steelpath but after 2/3 waves of defense first mission i gave up, if i had a few decrees i could've succeed.

In fissures if you kill uncorrupted enemies you don't get reactant, you don't get a prime, simple as that, i'm not telling you to not play nuke frames, i'm telling you to wait for the enemies to become corrupted.

Everybody advice towards me is: play solo, stop playing, play with a premade team, this is simply avoiding the problem that you don't want to admit it exists. It has happened before hence why we have black boxes with a "?" After killing bosses.

There're other reasons why this community is terrible for game development, listening to the playerbase cries to change something is going to ruin the game, this community is going to kill the game before DE does. All of this problems come from high MR players, people that played for longer and have knowledge of the game, same people that ignore new content in favor of 30seconds capture mission for efficiency. Same people that tell others to stop spending money on the game and just spend time to trade for plat, i wonder why you can't buy heirloom skins with plat? Some of us have 10k (i barely have 200 bought plat).

It's not the Warframe community you're actually discussing. It's just players in general. New players learning the ropes, rush players applying impatience to every mission, afk players doing afk things, etc.

Honestly, this is why friends and recruit chat are such powerful tools. The real issue is the expectation that millions of players would be on the same page as you. Pub is pub and, just as they don't know you, they also don't know your playstyle. It's all about meeting new players that are like minded for the mission and adding them to your list.

On 2024-02-01 at 10:32 PM, (PSN)GEN-Son_17 said:

It's not the Warframe community you're actually discussing. It's just players in general. New players learning the ropes, rush players applying impatience to every mission, afk players doing afk things, etc.

Honestly, this is why friends and recruit chat are such powerful tools. The real issue is the expectation that millions of players would be on the same page as you. Pub is pub and, just as they don't know you, they also don't know your playstyle. It's all about meeting new players that are like minded for the mission and adding them to your list.

The reason why i have expectations in pub is because warframe has enough mission types for everybody, endless and fast objectives. When i want to farm a resource i simply join a solo session on any non-endless mission. Other players simply join an endless mission like survival to get 1 argon then leave, now there is an empty spot for someone that could've stayed for longer but didn't want to wait for people in recruit chat to join, switching to pub is faster than finding 3 other people. My experience when farming citrine and voruna had players leave just after 1 round, for example 1 guy leaves for whatever reason and the other 2 that wanted to continue decide to leave because of 1 player, i end up solo most of the time. I'm thinking how can new players enjoy the game if i do not enjoy it because of nuke builds and players leaving after 1 round, it's easy to say "play solo, use recruit chat, ask ypur clan for help." I do not need help i simply join a pub to have more enemy spawns, more loot, more affinity.

On 2024-02-01 at 4:11 PM, VasjaTheOx said:

That's why I only play solo.

Except for void fissures, archon hunts and nettracells.

Funny you say that, endless void fissure is my number 1 issue, people that join endless mission to open relics yet they leave after 1 round(not a full rotation), maybe they had one relic and didn't want wait for a shorter mission to appear so they join hoping to get a prime part they want or to take it from somebody else. Leeches per say. I had more high MR players leave than low MR.

17 minutes ago, (PSN)Zbeatza said:

Funny you say that, endless void fissure is my number 1 issue, people that join endless mission to open relics yet they leave after 1 round(not a full rotation), maybe they had one relic and didn't want wait for a shorter mission to appear so they join hoping to get a prime part they want or to take it from somebody else. Leeches per say. I had more high MR players leave than low MR.

I think it is more often than naught that players who leave early don't have a lot of relics. 

• Like 1

I agree with most of what you said, and this is the main reason I'd never play in public missions, not to mention the performance issues caused by hosts who have slow internet.. so yeah, Public matchmaking sucks and DE knows it sucks, and they will never fix it.

I gave up

I'm not one to usually complain about others...but I think I now hate running into Wisp players more than any other frame (yes, even Limbo).

Altering my speed by tossing speed motes everywhere, throwing down shock motes at room entrances in survival or defense missions causing things to take longer for no reason...

Seriously, if I had a nickel for every time I ran into a clueless Wisp player I'd be able to buy the largest platinum pack...twice.

Edited by Aldain
  • Like 1