The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

question to hildryn main: what do you do when you're matched with other armor-stripping frames?

novalery

This is why Pillage should have a base/flat damage value as well, so that it can generate shields for her (and Haven connected allies) when it hits enemies with no armor/shields left. Would also fix her being dead weight on Infested missions.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

This is why Pillage should have a base/flat damage value as well, so that it can generate shields for her (and Haven connected allies) when it hits enemies with no armor/shields left. Would also fix her being dead weight on Infested missions.

yeah that would make sense. have the pillage ability to have a certain effect on unarmored/unshielded mobs while still generating shield points for her..

• Like 1

You act similar when facing situation you mtched with another room clearing build, You simply collect loot and go to objective/extraction.

Or play solo to enjoy own set up frame. But its not as fun.

Its also similar when grendel meets others with nourish, you accept fact your nourish is overriten and you play along.

• Like 2

6 минут назад, Hexerin сказал:

This is exactly what Blazing Pillage does.

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, CoffeeElemental said:

This is exactly what Blazing Pillage does.

Which requires a mod slot. No other frame in the game requires using an augment to be usable at a basic level against a particular faction. Additionally, that doesn't make Pillage magically start working against unarmored/unshielded enemies. It only applies to enemies that are linked via Haven, which is limited by ability range (a stat that Hildryn doesn't really care about). So Pillage's own hilariously large range, is neutered regardless.

So no, Blazing Pillage is not a substitute for adding base/flat damage to Pillage.

• Like 5

Pillage works at a greater distance than avalanche. So there's enough shield restoration even with armor striping teammates. Also, there are corrupted corpus enemies (with shields) in SP circuit, so you shouldn't worry about leaving Hildryn without means to restore shields.

Edited by FulfillMyWill

16 minutes ago, FulfillMyWill said:

Pillage works at a greater distance than avalanche. So there's enough shield restoration even with armor striping teammates. Also, there are corrupted corpus enemies (with shields) in SP circuit, so you shouldn't worry about leaving Hildryn without means to restore shields.

Pillage has line of site restrictions where avalanche does not. So you very well may struggle maintaining shields if playing on a map with small rooms.

• Like 2

I guess if you haven't subsumed over her 4, you could use that, or run around with Balefire Charger priming everything with corrosive, idk.

personally I usually try to pick a different frame from whatever anyone else is using, and if someone's running Mesa or Saryn and one of my better support picks like Wisp or Protea is available, I'll run them instead. 

4 часа назад, Leqesai сказал:

Pillage has line of site restrictions where avalanche does not. So you very well may struggle maintaining shields if playing on a map with small rooms.

Been maining Hildryn since 2019 and never had this issue. If someone still struggles with maintaining shields, then Harrdow's Condemn or Helminth exclusive "Rebuild Shields" ability can help.

"Blazing pillage" augment mod can help with restoring shields too, but I wouldn't call it a reliable/good method.

I thought of her as a "Don't use against Infested" frame before Blazing Pillage was released, and didn't feel that was a terrible restriction.  I probably would have felt differently if I was looking for a main, or needed another super-versatile frame for my toolbox,  but I wasn't and I didn't. 

After Blazing Pillage came out, I slotted it, and barely thought about it again.  (The rare exception being a couple of bosses that can bug out from heat procs.)  Every once in a while I'll use the augment for her 1 too, for the same reason. 

Occasionally I run into an issue where I think I'm competing too much with squadmates over enemies to strip.  But it's rare.

I do think she'd ideally have some of that augment functionality built in to her base kit.  Which isn't exactly an uncommon problem among frames.

• Like 2

That issue doesn't really matter what frame is being used as you just proceed play normally. If your kit is entirely overshadowed then care less about your abilities and just use your weapons more. If even their weapons overshadow yours then just try to be useful (or at least not detrimental) and enjoy the forced carry.

There's not much of a reason to consider what you can do if someone else can do what your build does as the game ain't hard enough for it to matter. And you won't encounter such a situation that regularly as you move onto the next squad/mission.

Hildryn players  can also use Balefire Surge to regen shields very easily. The great advantage of Balefire charge is that the shields regen value per hit scales with both power strength and multishot, granting, depending on your build, about 1,000 shields per shot. It doesn't matter if the enemy has armor or not. As enemies won't have armor anymore, it will be easy to kill them with Balefire. 

Many players don't like it, I know, but I use it a lot and it works great. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, trst said:

That issue doesn't really matter what frame is being used as you just proceed play normally. If your kit is entirely overshadowed then care less about your abilities and just use your weapons more. If even their weapons overshadow yours then just try to be useful (or at least not detrimental) and enjoy the forced carry.

There's not much of a reason to consider what you can do if someone else can do what your build does as the game ain't hard enough for it to matter. And you won't encounter such a situation that regularly as you move onto the next squad/mission.

I'm not sure who you are responding to but the at-issue is not redundancy of ability-use or something. It is specifically related to hildryn using Pillage to manage her shields. Can't Pillage stripped enemies...

Personally I almost always use the augment that allows shield gain from pillage+haven but I can certainly see where it might be annoying to have frames like frost remove armor beyond line of sight so Pillage becomes less reliable.

1 hour ago, (NSW)AegisFifi said:

Hildryn players  can also use Balefire Surge to regen shields very easily. The great advantage of Balefire charge is that the shields regen value per hit scales with both power strength and multishot, granting, depending on your build, about 1,000 shields per shot. It doesn't matter if the enemy has armor or not. As enemies won't have armor anymore, it will be easy to kill them with Balefire. 

Many players don't like it, I know, but I use it a lot and it works great. 

I am one of the players who hates balefire surge. The cost to regen ratio just doesn't make much sense to me. Every missed charge shot is a big loss in maintaining shields. Especially if you are using haven.

20 часов назад, Hexerin сказал:

Additionally, that doesn't make Pillage magically start working against unarmored/unshielded enemies.

But it was added specifically to help Hildryn to deal with infested (aka unarmored/unshielded enemies), no? Or by "unarmored/unshielded" you mean enemies that have already been completely stripped of their defenses? It should work in that case too I think.

The fact that it's limited by Haven - yeah that sucks.

20 часов назад, Hexerin сказал:

No other frame in the game requires using an augment to be usable at a basic level against a particular faction.

Not sure about the 'particular faction' part, but there're examples of warframes being completely rescued by their augments (before Helminth at least). Like Nekros' Despoil or Ash's Seeking Shuriken.

9 hours ago, Leqesai said:

I'm not sure who you are responding to but the at-issue is not redundancy of ability-use or something. It is specifically related to hildryn using Pillage to manage her shields. Can't Pillage stripped enemies...

Personally I almost always use the augment that allows shield gain from pillage+haven but I can certainly see where it might be annoying to have frames like frost remove armor beyond line of sight so Pillage becomes less reliable.

It's still the same as if you're running with others and enemies are already fully stripped (and are constantly being stripped before you can Pillage) then they shouldn't be living long enough to be a hazard to you. Thus focusing more on just shooting them is a better use of your efforts.

10 hours ago, CoffeeElemental said:

But it was added specifically to help Hildryn to deal with infested (aka unarmored/unshielded enemies), no? Or by "unarmored/unshielded" you mean enemies that have already been completely stripped of their defenses? It should work in that case too I think.

The fact that it's limited by Haven - yeah that sucks.

Not sure about the 'particular faction' part, but there're examples of warframes being completely rescued by their augments (before Helminth at least). Like Nekros' Despoil or Ash's Seeking Shuriken.

This is why you don't hack up people's posts.

On 2023-10-07 at 10:00 AM, Hexerin said:

Additionally, that doesn't make Pillage magically start working against unarmored/unshielded enemies. It only applies to enemies that are linked via Haven, which is limited by ability range (a stat that Hildryn doesn't really care about). So Pillage's own hilariously large range, is neutered regardless.

Include the entire statement, it exists for a reason.

10 hours ago, CoffeeElemental said:

Nekros doesn't need Despoil at all.