Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dagath's abilities seems to be redundant (doing very similar things) like Sevagoth's 1+2.

quxier

I don't know if I'm missing something but most of her kit is doing very similar thing. Only her 3rd is different.

1st ability:

- Viral damage/status

- slowness

2nd ability

- Viral damage/status

- slowness

- synergy with 1st: spread viral

4th ability

- massive viral damage

- synergy with 2nd to permanently defense strip

Am I missing something or is each of those abilities doing very similar things alone (not joined by other abilities, creating synergies)? If that's the case then it's similar case as with Sevagoth's 1&2. They are very similar abilities. They have synergy (but it's very weak without grouping). Could you make each abilities doing something different on their own? Make them more stand out.

1. Viral on AoE + Damage.
    No slowdowns applied, from the gameplay it was probably an Obelisk effect.

2. Slowdown + Special effect, no viral damage.
    1st is more effective on enemies affected by Doom and spreads its effect to other enemies.

3. Better Sevagoth / Inaros Passive + crit damage boost.
    Enemies affected by Doom take even more damage.

4. Strong as a 200 mutation stacks Nidus stomp, no viral damage.
    Defence strip on enemies affected by Doom, killing them spreads it even further.

Only similarities I see on Dagath's abilities are her 1 & 4 doing damage, otherwise each is notoriously different.
Unlike Sevagoth all of her abilities seem useful on their own by default. Reap & Sow's synergy is cut short without armour strip sources + augment + lots of range.

• Like 2

[EDIT 1] : suppress info after mistake with another post

[EDIT 2] : Add the good comment on good post

By the way, with Hydroid going to Viral + Corrosive won't this be a bit too much VIRALS FRAMES !?

Viral Dagath, Corrosive+Viral Hydroid ... is this a way to avoid redo Saryn !?

Edited by RLanzinger
Need coffee, mistake with another post
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, (PSN)Pablogamer585 said:
  1. Viral on AoE + Damage.
    No slowdowns applied, from the gameplay it was probably an Obelisk effect.

2. Slowdown + Special effect, no viral damage.
    1st is more effective on enemies affected by Doom and spreads its effect to other enemies.

3. (4th ability) Strong as a 200 mutation stacks Nidus stomp, no viral damage.
    Defence strip on enemies affected by Doom, killing them spreads it even further.

Only similarities I see on Dagath's abilities are her 1 & 4 doing damage, otherwise each is notoriously different.

Where do you get info that it deals no viral damage (1 & 4)? Wiki says about viral in all 3 abilities.

7 hours ago, (PSN)Pablogamer585 said:

Unlike Sevagoth all of her abilities seem useful on their own by default. Reap & Sow's synergy is cut short without armour strip sources + augment + lots of range.

300% damage (afair) boost is much better than Sev's boost and 1+2 synergy without grouping. Still... I feel like it's very lacking abilities.

4 hours ago, RLanzinger said:

By the way, with Hydroid going to Viral + Corrosive won't this be a bit too much VIRALS FRAMES !?

Viral Dagath, Corrosive+Viral Hydroid ... is this a way to avoid redo Saryn !?

Grendel has viral too (on 3rd & 4th afair) but it doesn't seems that his team is just "viral frame"... imho.

Actually, I have another concern now that the topic has entered my train of thought again since the devstream. While this doesn't affect me personally, how are people who aren't in clans supposed to obtain her? This has been a thought in my mind for a long time, not just about Dagath either. Some players might not want to join clans for any of numerous completely valid reasons (probably the biggest being a desire to avoid interpersonal drama), so how do they access the numerous frames, weapons, etc that are (as far as I've ever been able to tell) locked behind clan membership? Really just seems like a bad design, honestly.

8 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

Some players might not want to join clans for any of numerous completely valid reasons (probably the biggest being a desire to avoid interpersonal drama), so how do they access the numerous frames, weapons, etc that are (as far as I've ever been able to tell) locked behind clan membership?

Solo clan is what I did.  It is a fair amount of investment, but pretty worth it for all the frames, weapons, misc. items, and trading.  Some people join clans temporarily.  Others just buy what they can with plat.

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, ReddyDisco said:

Can't know how good the abilities are until update and hands-on testing, i'll hold my opinion until then.

basically this, personally I don't hype much for new frames any more, so I'm more excited about the Hydroid rework. maybe Dagath will surprise me like Kullervo did (after he was fixed), or maybe not. we'll wait and see.

32 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

basically this, personally I don't hype much for new frames any more, so I'm more excited about the Hydroid rework. maybe Dagath will surprise me like Kullervo did (after he was fixed), or maybe not. we'll wait and see.

There is still the fact that they're literally the same recycled style and order of abilities that we've been getting for the last 4- 5 Warframes, and it's starting to piss me off.

I am so done with buff third abilities, they've even added one for Hydroid.

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD STOP IT, BE ORIGINAL AGAIN.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

There is still the fact that they're literally the same recycled style and order of abilities that we've been getting for the last 4- 5 Warframes, and it's starting to piss me off.

I am so done with buff third abilities, they've even added one for Hydroid.

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD STOP IT, BE ORIGINAL AGAIN.

honestly, hydroid's is more egregious because they're removing an ability that was actually mechanically unique in favour of "press 3 for armor and a damage buff", so basically a fusion of a worse defy and a worse xata's whisper. 

dagath's is a crit buff and becoming immortal which is actually insane powercreep. 

• Like 4

hace 9 horas, quxier dijo:

Where do you get info that it deals no viral damage (1 & 4)? Wiki says about viral in all 3 abilities.

The Devstream gameplay.
Since she isn't here yet, using the wiki didn't seem the most trustworthy thing, so I went to the official source, and only her 1 dealt viral during the showcase, no other ability did.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, (PSN)Pablogamer585 said:

The Devstream gameplay.
Since she isn't here yet, using the wiki didn't seem the most trustworthy thing, so I went to the official source, and only her 1 dealt viral during the showcase, no other ability did.

Devstream 173 Overview and footage suggest otherwise, there's Viral damage and status at play.

hace 12 minutos, PsiWarp dijo:

Devstream 173 Overview and footage suggest otherwise, there's Viral damage and status at play.

Wyrd Scythes being casted:

image.png?ex=6537d50a&is=6525600a&hm=825

(Viral procs on each hit)

Doom being casted:

image.png?ex=6537d4e9&is=65255fe9&hm=eaf

(No instances of viral)

Rakhalis Cavalry being casted:

image.png?ex=6537d526&is=65256026&hm=577

(No instances of Viral either)

Did I misunderstood something and they "do" viral damage but don't proc viral?
It could be that, but otherwise I do not see viral damage on the footage besides for Wyrd Scythes.

So again, I stand by my point, her 1 does viral damage, her 2 and 3 not (visibly).
However, maybe you guys are referring to this part:

image.png?ex=6537d64c&is=6525614c&hm=f4f

Here the scythes that mark enemies from Doom, once killed with Wyrd Scythes do launch inflicting viral to nearby enemies.
But then, using Rakhalis Cavalry on a doomed enemy:

image.png?ex=6537d6e8&is=652561e8&hm=5c1

So, is it viral damage but no procs? Gameplay isn't suggesting otherwise.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

Solo clan is what I did.  It is a fair amount of investment, but pretty worth it for all the frames, weapons, misc. items, and trading.  Some people join clans temporarily.  Others just buy what they can with plat.

Solo Clans ftw 

it takes some time to farm up the forma needed but its worth it. I got tired of public clans treating the game like a job. I had to travel for an old irl job and the last clan that was the final straw for me still wanted a daily login. Despite me doing a bunch to help them get started since I was a vet with a surplus of resources.

1 hour ago, Skoomaseller said:

Agreed

although preliminary thoughts... she has LoL's Hecarim's ult, so it's already kinda cool

It looks like her ult is pure damage but if they do go the hecarim ult and put a fear effect I’ll gladly take that extra cc lol

8 hours ago, SDGDen said:

better* voruna passive, it's 15 seconds of invulnerability followed by a 24 second cooldown.

it's the strongest death avoidance ability in the game. 

I'll still put one up for Mesmer skin (maximum death prevention ) and Nidus passive (replenishable extra lives), but yeah, that sounds crazy strong.

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Upl0rdYT said:

I'll still put one up for Mesmer skin (maximum death prevention ) and Nidus passive (replenishable extra lives), but yeah, that sounds crazy strong.

Imagine if Efficiency mods effect the cooldown rate.

12 hours ago, SDGDen said:

better* voruna passive, it's 15 seconds of invulnerability followed by a 24 second cooldown.

it's the strongest death avoidance ability in the game. 

I'm like 79% confident that it was a 60 second cooldown like Gyre.

I recalled incorrectly, it's 16 seconds duration and 24 second cooldown, similar to what you said.

At 38:50 running to 39:06:

That all being said, it's definitely not the strongest avoidance. Mesmer Skin is the strongest frame-based avoidance, while Last Gasp is just simply the strongest period (especially if you're running Madurai school).

Edited by Hexerin

22 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

That all being said, it's definitely not the strongest avoidance. Mesmer Skin is the strongest frame-based avoidance, while Last Gasp is just simply the strongest period (especially if you're running Madurai school).

/Safeguard Switch has entered the chat  

(If we're calling abilities like Mesmer "death avoidance" anyway.)

• Like 1