Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev's are out of touch

White_Matter

So I've been playing on and off for the last year or so and recently I thought it would be fun to go back into the Duviri Experience and the Circuit and I realized I couldn't, because the game was telling me to complete the "normal" mode for each node to be able to play them on SP. Now, I've played them only on SP from the start because the normal mode, aside from posing absolutely no challenge to me, is pretty unrewarding for a veteran. So what's the point of forcing me to play on normal difficulty, out of the blue? I don't want to waste my time, especially on circuit because it takes a while to complete the whole thing.

There are thousands of posts on the forums on how inadequate the end game is, that veterans need more challenging and rewarding content etc, and yet the Dev's go ahead and force someone who almost never plays anything outside SP to play on normal mode, a mission I've already done countless time on a higher difficulty. That's a textbook example of being out of touch with the playerbase. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, White_Matter said:

So I've been playing on and off for the last year or so and recently I thought it would be fun to go back into the Duviri Experience and the Circuit and I realized I couldn't, because the game was telling me to complete the "normal" mode for each node to be able to play them on SP. Now, I've played them only on SP from the start because the normal mode, aside from posing absolutely no challenge to me, is pretty unrewarding for a veteran. So what's the point of forcing me to play on normal difficulty, out of the blue? I don't want to waste my time, especially on circuit because it takes a while to complete the whole thing.

There are thousands of posts on the forums on how inadequate the end game is, that veterans need more challenging and rewarding content etc, and yet the Dev's go ahead and force someone who almost never plays anything outside SP to play on normal mode, a mission I've already done countless time on a higher difficulty. That's a textbook example of being out of touch with the playerbase. 

yeah it's annoying, but it's only 1 duviri (lone story) run and 1 circuit run, it's not THAT bad and literally everyone has had to have done it, including me

also lone story gives pathos clamps anyways so definitely still somewhat worth it

• Like 7

32 minutes ago, White_Matter said:

That’s….. what a tutorial is….. you do the thing on a normal mode to get that feel. Only when you actually know what’s going on (in most cases) do you get to do the hard mode. Plus if you wanted to do SP, the best warm up is through normal mode. Or you can be like me and do the Duviri quest then ignore Duviri for the rest of your warframe career :p

• Like 6

32 minutes ago, White_Matter said:

So what's the point of forcing me to play on normal difficulty, out of the blue? I don't want to waste my time, especially on circuit because it takes a while to complete the whole thing.

The intent is that because it's new content they want to start you out on the easiest level and work your way up, just as you did the star chart with steel path. The only reason I could understand the frustration is because they accidentally let users play SP content prior to completing regular Duviri modes, so upon correcting it required all users who hadn't to do so.

Like others have stated, it is really just 1 run and you'll never have to touch it again if you don't want to.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, White_Matter said:

It is unfortunate. The lack of challenge in various quests is also a disappointment. I'm one of the fools that still have a little hope this changes, but best we can do enjoy the game for what it is, the dev streams for the comedy they provide and move on when the enjoyment runs dry.

On the plus side, Warframe's myriad-of-bugs-upon-release-the-players-can-go-f...ondle-themselves modus operandi has conditioned me a little and now I'm looking forward to Ark Survival Ascended, despite the abundance of bugs Evolved had. A small art of me is also foolish enough to think Wild Card sorted out their nonsense as well 🤣

• Like 1

This is intentional. It's to gatekeep players from just jump into Steel Path Duviri. There's actually a difference between normal Duviri and SP Orowyrm. Jsut think of all the times Steel Path Incursion "Pursuit" happens. Everytime I join a public group I always wonder how these players even manage to complete the mission the first time around.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Silligoose said:

On the plus side, Warframe's myriad-of-bugs-upon-release-the-players-can-go-f...ondle-themselves modus operandi has conditioned me a little and now I'm looking forward to Ark Survival Ascended, despite the abundance of bugs Evolved had. A small art of me is also foolish enough to think Wild Card sorted out their nonsense as well 🤣

Oh yeah. Ascended will be great... after the patching. Im expecting a broken mess and still excited either way, perks of warframe being ones favorite game.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Malikili said:

That’s….. what a tutorial is….. you do the thing on a normal mode to get that feel. Only when you actually know what’s going on (in most cases) do you get to do the hard mode. Plus if you wanted to do SP, the best warm up is through normal mode. Or you can be like me and do the Duviri quest then ignore Duviri for the rest of your warframe career :p

3 hours ago, Naroxas44 said:

The intent is that because it's new content they want to start you out on the easiest level and work your way up, just as you did the star chart with steel path. The only reason I could understand the frustration is because they accidentally let users play SP content prior to completing regular Duviri modes, so upon correcting it required all users who hadn't to do so.

Like others have stated, it is really just 1 run and you'll never have to touch it again if you don't want to.

When Duviri first came out, I went for SP immediately. So all my runs were done on SP. Never bothered playing circuit or Duviri on normal mode. So I'll ask again(hoping this time you'll use an ounce of your intelligence while answering), why does the game force someone, who has completed the said modes on highest difficulty over and over again, to play the tutorial? 

2 hours ago, trst said:

Someone's definitely out of touch and it isn't the devs in this case. You'd have likely finished both runs in the time it took you to go to the forums and post this thread.

So we just shut up and take bad design decisions?

Those dev boots ain't shiny enough. Chop chop back to work.

Edited by White_Matter

22 minutes ago, White_Matter said:

When Duviri first came out, I went for SP immediately. So all my runs were done on SP. Never bothered playing circuit or Duviri on normal mode. So I'll ask again(hoping this time you'll use an ounce of your intelligence while answering), why does the game force someone, who has completed the said modes on highest difficulty over and over again, to play the tutorial? 

So we just shut up and take bad design decisions?

Those dev boots ain't shiny enough. Chop chop back to work.

You want some cheese dude? That wine youve got is sour. 
Because you clearly missed it, there was a bug many months ago now that stopped people from being able to do SP duviri at all. DEs fix for that was to reset it for everyone and make new players have to do them on normal first too.

So take your tears, bottle them up, and go do the boring arse grind that is abyss extermination. 

• Like 5

vor 4 Stunden schrieb White_Matter:

You don't know what you are talking about. FYI, you don't have to go to Tier 10.

This marked with a personal attack at the Devs is ... hmm.... how do I say it? ... problematic?

45 minutes ago, White_Matter said:

I'm guessing you didn't read the second half of my message - "because they accidentally let users play SP content prior to completing regular Duviri modes".

We can agree to disagree whether or not this is good design or respects the players' time, but there's a clear reason why this was done; you were not intended to immediately be able to go to SP, and so when they added this lock back in, players who had never completed base runs were locked back out. This tracks with how every other instance of SP nodes are treated, requiring the base missions to be completed before any of them. It doesn't matter how many hours you have or how long you've been playing, the game treats all players in new game modes & experiences this way.

That's the "why" here, though it's very clear you do not think that should be the case (as did many others when this change was made, saying they should've just unlocked it for players who had already completed SP runs). Regardless, it does not take that much time to complete those pre-requisites and unlock SP Duviri content again.

Yeah the Devs are out of touch. Sometimes they are so out of touch, its almost unbelievable. They are so out of touch, that it loops back around, and leaves me wondering if its actually myself thats out of touch, but then I remind myself I am a Veteran, of a Game. Which makes me a Gamer, the most oppressed minority. Reminds me of all the struggles and obstacles I have had to endure and overcome, and that has left me with a strong sense of touch. Almost superhuman, like Daredevil, thats how in touch I am, with touching. Actually my nickname at school was "The Toucher". People use to say "Hey, that guy is really in touch, best toucher really". 

Basically, I am an expert and authority on being in touch, and the DE Devs, they ain't it chef! Its simple maths, I can't be wrong, why? Well anyone who disagrees with me is a bootlicker and shill, and also out of touch. Now some of those boot lickers who need to touch grass, and get in touch, with touch, they might say silly things, like, "dude, chill, its annoying yeah, but not that big of a deal", but to them I say no! I will not chill, "dude" should we just shut up and never criticise anything ever? Should we pinch our noses too, and die from lack of oxygen? Outrageous! Do you not understand the gravity of this situation? The DE Devs are forcing me, to do something, that I already do, thats easier, that I only have to do once. Forcing! I am a Veteran and a Gamer, this is basically Gamerphobia and Racism, from out of touch Devs and Bootlicking Apologists! 

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Silligoose said:

It is unfortunate. The lack of challenge in various quests is also a disappointment. I'm one of the fools that still have a little hope this changes, but best we can do enjoy the game for what it is, the dev streams for the comedy they provide and move on when the enjoyment runs dry.

2 hours ago, (PSN)EntityPendragon said:

Oh yeah. Ascended will be great... after the patching. Im expecting a broken mess and still excited either way, perks of warframe being ones favorite game.

im just waiting for ark 2...

or the tv series...

in the meantime... they released another song (it's a remix of journey's end i think)

Edited by (XBOX)Upl0rdYT
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

Yeah the Devs are out of touch. Sometimes they are so out of touch, its almost unbelievable. They are so out of touch, that it loops back around, and leaves me wondering if its actually myself thats out of touch, but then I remind myself I am a Veteran, of a Game. Which makes me a Gamer, the most oppressed minority. Reminds me of all the struggles and obstacles I have had to endure and overcome, and that has left me with a strong sense of touch. Almost superhuman, like Daredevil, thats how in touch I am, with touching. Actually my nickname at school was "The Toucher". People use to say "Hey, that guy is really in touch, best toucher really". 

Basically, I am an expert and authority on being in touch, and the DE Devs, they ain't it chef! Its simple maths, I can't be wrong, why? Well anyone who disagrees with me is a bootlicker and shill, and also out of touch. Now some of those boot lickers who need to touch grass, and get in touch, with touch, they might say silly things, like, "dude, chill, its annoying yeah, but not that big of a deal", but to them I say no! I will not chill, "dude" should we just shut up and never criticise anything ever? Should we pinch our noses too, and die from lack of oxygen? Outrageous! Do you not understand the gravity of this situation? The DE Devs are forcing me, to do something, that I already do, thats easier, that I only have to do once. Forcing! I am a Veteran and a Gamer, this is basically Gamerphobia and Racism, from out of touch Devs and Bootlicking Apologists! 

Read this AI trumps voice. Fan freaking tastic. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, White_Matter said:

So I'll ask again(hoping this time you'll use an ounce of your intelligence while answering), why does the game force someone, who has completed the said modes on highest difficulty over and over again, to play the tutorial? 

I repeat, this was probably just a side effect of a bugfix, not an intentional slight against you

Intended design: all players, veteran and newbie, have to complete non-SP to unlock SP
Accidental oversight: veterans can do SP right away instead of unlocking it
Equally-accidental bugfix: previously-completed SP is locked until you complete the never-completed non-SP

They're not punishing you, just do the non-SP and get back to your daily grind

• Like 3

7 hours ago, White_Matter said:

Strangely you seemed to have no problem wasting time to type out this post, yet cant do the same for a quick run of the 3 normal modes.

Duviri accidentally launched without a safeguard being in place, this was rectified within a few days of its launch. Everyone should have had to have done the normal mode first. We didn't for a few days, now we do. "Beat Normal Mode to unlock Hard Mode" isn't new in gaming, some games even hid special hard modes behind specific conditions. This asks you to spend 20-30 mins to permanently unlock something. It's genuinely not even close to being a problem.