The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Abyss of Dagath: Hotfix 34.0.5

[DE]Megan

Voruna's kit feels like it's been completely broken, sadly.

Her 4 deals little damage since the update, from thousands pre-update to barely 300 on its own with a high combo, her 1 also started turning off when attacking in her 4, and maybe it's just me, but it feels like regaining charges from her 4 with her augment doesn't work as intended - the only recharge seems to take place when the bleed proc kills one closest enemy, feels like it's got something to do with the range (not sure if that last part is just me, so it's not something that important, but please, take a look at her 4, it feels unusable in SP!).

• Like 4

3 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:
  • Removed the breathing sounds that play when Dagath’s Grave Spirit is active. The ASMR tingles were too much to handle. 

Dagath lost her eerie feeling now. It wasn't just a cool atmospheric sound but also an indicator of ability being active. Please revert this change.

Edited by Aeon94
  • Like 6

3 hours ago, Dystopia said:

I just noticed that after this hotfix attacking with Voruna while in Ulfrun's Descent takes her out of her shroud but doesn't make her re-shroud after the attack finishes like it was before. Possible bug?

*Quick Edit* Ulfrun's Descent also seems to not be tracking the damage multiplier from kills. Last couple missions I didn't see any x# after killing something.

Can confirm this. Voruna's 4th is bugged since hotfix. It breaks the invisibility and doesn't gain damage multiplier from kills.

22 minutes ago, Aeon94 said:

Dagath lost her eerie feeling now. It wasn't just a cool atmospheric sound but also an indicator of ability being active. Please revert this change.

It was also extremely grating.  This is a grindy, grindy game, where repetition is expected and required.  A "cool atmospheric sound" can grow tiresome quickly, and wear out its welcome.  I'm glad the sound effects are gone.  If you needed them to check whether the ability is up or not, I'm sorry.  You can check the bottom right corner of the screen.  It's not a perfect solution, but it's there.

I just wish Citrine could get a similar update.  We don't need the constant chiming from her 2.

4 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:
  • Changed Astral Bond to increase your Companion's attack damage and grant a smaller amount of Void Damage. The intention is to have the Mod be more well-rounded for combat instances where Void damage wouldn’t necessarily be required. In cases where it would be (Eidolon Hunts), the idea is to maintain Operator/Drifter as the primary active means of stripping away their damage resistances. 

• Was: Damage dealt by Operator or Drifter grants 120% Void Damage to your Companion’s attacks for 10s. Companion Void Damage adds +30% Amp and Energy Efficiency to Operator or Drifter for 5s.

• Now: Damage dealt by Operator or Drifter grants 60% damage and 30% Void Damage to your Companion’s attacks for 10s. Companion Void Damage adds +30% Amp and Energy Efficiency to Operator or Drifter for 5s.

• Fixed the Combo increase from Tandem Bond (“Companion melee hits increase your Combo by 6”) being affected by additional Melee Combo Chance sources (e.g. Quickening, Exodia Triumph, etc.). 

• As noted in the Mod’s description, Tandem Bond is intended to have a fixed Combo increase of 6 originating from your Companion’s melee hits, not your own.  

Now could you make Ancestral Bond 40 seconds duration? Nobody is going to use it as is.

I don't think Tandem Bond needed a nerf.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Waeleto said:

Literally how is revenant even affecting your gameplay to ask for a nerf ????

Revenant's thralls do cause some issues with certain abilities/arcanes/sniper and melee combo. I forget if it also prevents weapon gimmicks like the Knell's/Perigale's.

It tends to get annoying in ESO when the rest of your squad is Revenants and just converts everything into thralls preventing your abilities from casting on them + taking up spawn cap.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, sunderthefirmament said:

It was also extremely grating.  This is a grindy, grindy game, where repetition is expected and required.  A "cool atmospheric sound" can grow tiresome quickly, and wear out its welcome.  I'm glad the sound effects are gone.  If you needed them to check whether the ability is up or not, I'm sorry.  You can check the bottom right corner of the screen.  It's not a perfect solution, but it's there.

I just wish Citrine could get a similar update.  We don't need the constant chiming from her 2.

They could just lower the sound effects of these abilities instead of FLAT OUT removing them.

Now I hate how hollow and empty this ability feels.

Also sometimes hearing is the key, there are many nullification factors and I can't constantly check bottom right corner in middle of fight to see if I have it active or not.

If Grave Spirit sound effect ( or any ability sound effect ) is that tiresome for you, I am sorry. You can lower your sound effects slider or listen to music while playing. They are not perfect solutions but they are there.

• Like 3

Glad to know i'm not the only one experiencing the Voruna issue as she is my most played frame. If I had to guess why her fourth breaks invisibility, they most likely coded it to count as a "basic melee" attack so it will count for her fourth, but doing so made it also break her invis as normal melee attacks do. this NEEDS a fix ASAP in the next hotfix

Ironically in light of the walk speed change years and years late, Zephyr's Tornado is still broken as of Update 34 and not applying its built-in damage ticks to enemies at all. Please fix as soon as possible, numerous bug reports by me and others have been submitted.

• Like 2

The mission uses nekrosd's Soul Survivor for rescue, which will kill the companion directly and permanently at one point and cannot be automatically revived, this bug has been reported no less than 3 times, and it has been in the version for a long, long time, but you have not fixed it!

• Like 4

With regards to the sound effects on abilities (e.g. Styanax, etc.), couldn't they just play them at full volume to start with, but then dial it down after repeated casts? Possibly with a cooldown, where it resets back to full volume if you don't cast after a while. Seems to me like that'd be the solution to make everyone happy. People spamming abilities don't get driven mad by noisy sound effects, while people using them infrequently can enjoy them the way DE initially designed them.

Edited by SteveCutler
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, SteveCutler said:

With regards to the sound effects on abilities (e.g. Styanax, etc.), couldn't they just play them at full volume to start with, but then dial it down after repeated casts?

See, while I agree with this idea fully because it actually provides an excellent middle-ground while providing other perks and looks well thought-out?

It's unfortunately TOO GOOD of an idea, thus DE will shoot it down.
Yeah, don't worry. You get used to it.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed the travel distance of Protea’s roll being cut short while rolling in succession. 

FINALLY! It's been fixed...

5 hours ago, ConDucktorWhirl said:

Regardless of host. If you are in the cambion drift with another person and they go to the necralisk extraction point and wait out the timer, YOU WILL BE TELEPORTED AND FORCED TO EXTRACT WITH THEM. How is this a thing?

This is how things work in all open world zones. It's trash, and the worst part is there's a way to extract without pulling others with you (ESC -> Leave Party). Nobody uses that method of course, because that would require people to think about someone other than themselves for a microsecond.

3 hours ago, sunderthefirmament said:

How about taking the middle ground, and making it a toggle like invert tap/hold so that players can make the decision for themselves?

6 hours ago, Jobistober said:

Thank you for the Zpehyr walking speed fixes, but can y'all please take a look at her tornados? They've been horribly broken since the initial Dagath update.

5 hours ago, Zaghyr said:

Can we get fixes to Zephyr Tornados.

• Since last hotfix her tornadoes do not deal any damage but still apply status effects.
  • Her tornados break and stop working after taking 500k damage. This is frustrating.
  • Funnel Cloud tornados break and de-spawn when hit with too many Gas clouds. This makes it difficult to use some setups.
  • Combo Multiplier is not taken into account when damage is distributed from a Heavy Attack.

I dunno, they seem to be working fine to me.

Level 140 with SP modifiers, per the usual testing. Man, it'll be nice to get to MR30 so I can set them to level 195...

again

I still see no fixes to many old bugs like

• mag, mirage and mesa locking their abilities (and sometimes weapons),
  • ash's 4 showing wrong numbers,
  • slams from operator launching you in the wrong direction or failing,
  • waypoints(not just in duviri), codex/simulacrum scans,
  • yareli bugs,
  • exalts being unmodded in duviri(and even if that's not a bug, that's a very bad feature that isn't explained anywhere).
  • kahl getting stuck in a rampart on a "Junk run mission"
  • not enough enemies spawning in railjack skirmish missions

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

I dunno, they seem to be working fine to me.

Level 140 with SP modifiers, per the usual testing. Man, it'll be nice to get to MR30 so I can set them to level 195...

I never said the tornados couldn't distribute damage, I said the tornados THEMSELVES are not doing damage. Which your clip is showing.....

• Like 4

8 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Enemies affected by the Slash proc from Voruna’s Ulfrun’s Descent attacks and then killed by it will now trigger the Health Orb drop chance from her Lycath’s Hunt ability. 

oh baby finally
voruna is good now
health orbs and energy for DAYS

1 hour ago, Megazawr said:

again

mag, mirage and mesa locking their abilities (and sometimes weapons),

Care to elaborate? First I'm hearing of this, and have not experienced it on either Mag nor Mesa (haven't played much Mirage, her kit is too broken/inconsistent with the light level nonsense). I've got several months of Mag and a few months of Mesa under my belt, so I figure I'd have encountered this/these.

1 hour ago, Zaghyr said:

I never said the tornados couldn't distribute damage, I said the tornados THEMSELVES are not doing damage. Which your clip is showing.....

You can clearly see them dealing damage in the clip. Multiple times, in fact, before I shoot one of them. In fact... I think they're actually doing more damage than they should be on those enemies, considering I dump strength on my build...

Nevermind, I was not aware that Airburst could inflict status. Those were slash procs. I retested:

91ee73a3c87f40823403b634eb8e5b89.gif

Still inflicting damage though. Obviously dealing nothing, because level 140 SP Kuva Heavy Gunners and I dump strength.

Edited by Hexerin

1 hour ago, iHeuksal said:

Very much entitled, I see.

Are you saying that because you see an issue or are you just too cowardly to face what might happen if you lose it?

1 hour ago, iHeuksal said:

Stop acting like a MC and leave something, which does not affect you in any bloody case, in peace.

... the hell are you implying with that? Ignoring the first bit, as it's probably blind shots-- let's go a bit more in depth there.

I'm asking for a balance change against something so powerful that it keeps churning the most comatose of players.
People wonder why Warframe is excessive grind with very little gameplay inbetween, yet slap on Revenant to "skip the parts they don't like".

It does affect me in multiple facets, mainly in that his users tend to perform in everything but crude violence incredibly poorly.
... but a narrow-minded player would ignore any claims that it needs a nerf, simply to avoid thinking about it.
How about- and pardon my language- we THINK about things beyond "KILL" and "ME MAIM".
I know, asking a lot.

Just take Limbo for instance. He has an incredibly hard time against anything with light Crowd-Control resistance, mainly because he has the Rift to avoid enemy fire.
The Rift can't protect against everything though, if you can't put it into the rift or it simply bypasses it? Very little you can do.
Yet Revenant gets a buff instead when he's doing just fine. Practically turning him unkillable, much to the point that's the ONLY reason people play him.
Cheat codes don't make players better. If you wanna play a Warframe with what's effectively one, you may as well sign a waiver that tells everyone you're garbage.

The only caveat to his Mesmer Skin defenses before the buff WAS the fact that it doesn't do well against things that chip it down quickly.
So you get thralls to distract the enemy and use them when their job is done to replenish your charges.
Instead, he's just become Tank+++ for very little reason.

The whole schtick with Revenant was the Thralls. Mesmer Skin was supposed to be a portion of that, not the entire kit.

But eh, what do I know?
Feel free to tell me how utterly wrong I am, though if I may be so bold? Try using more than a few sentences and elaborate.
Won't kill ya.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Hexerin said:

91ee73a3c87f40823403b634eb8e5b89.gif

Still inflicting damage though. Obviously dealing nothing, because level 140 SP Kuva Heavy Gunners and I dump strength.

That's not why. You're continuing to misunderstand and misrepresent the problem. You should be seeing purple ability damage numbers and status procs. As of the moment they only deal 1 damage no matter the conditions, not the correct amount of damage, often not even displaying the 1, not applying status as they should, and their damage type does not change based on incoming player damage as they should.

They are not functioning correctly and have not since the Dagath update.

Edited by Cryssoberyl
  • Like 6

7 hours ago, dimerapis said:

Is it an intended spec that Hydroid's passive is invalid against demolishers?

I think it is intended since these demolishers are counted as bosses. At the results screen those who kill many demolysts show "bosses killed", and Hydroid's passive doesn't work against bosses IIRC.