Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PSA: Nightwave Nora's Mix Vol. 5 Unintended Additional Weeklies and Not Earning Standing Fix

[DE]Sam

Howdy, Tenno!

A few extra Nightwave Acts slipped through on this rotation of Nora’s Mix Vol. 5.

Next week, Nightwave will return to form with the three new permanent Weeklies replacing three of the five regular Weeklies per rotation. The intended design for the following rotations has three permanent Weekly Acts and two regular Weekly Acts, culminating in the full five Weekly Acts (plus your usual amount of Dailies and Elite Weekly Acts).

However, while the additional Acts are unintended, we’re letting it roll for the rest of this rotation! Enjoy the extra Acts! 

Also, the new Permanent Weekly Acts were not awarding any Standing, which has now been fixed.

With the Standing issue resolved, we’re working on a script to retroactively award all the lost Nightwave Standing to those who’ve finished these Acts. We will update this thread once the script has run on all platforms!

Thanks, Tenno! We’ll update this post if there is more to share.

EDIT 11/29/2023: The script has finished running! All lost Nightwave Standing should be returned. 

EDIT 11/30/2023: We’re working on a change to make Permanent Weekly Acts recoverable so incomplete Permanent Weekly Acts won’t be lost! The intention is that if you’re catching up on missed Nightwave Acts, the Permanent Weekly Acts will continue to populate your Act rotation until you’ve caught up on the Rotations you’ve missed. As such, players will no longer miss out on Nightwave Standing should they not participate in any number of weeks. We will update you on the progress of this change when we have more information!

EDIT 12/1/2023: The team is still tinkering and testing the change to make Permanent Acts "Recoverable," however, it will not be ready for the next rotation, as we're finding the change may require a Hotfix/Update. When the change does come, all previous weeks will be Recoverable and not lost to the Void, allowing you to make up the Standing while we were tinkering. We appreciate your patience while we sort through this!

Edited by [DE]Megan
EDIT 12/1/2023
  • Like 28

Thank you for the update.

For those who did all the challenges and are waiting on the script, you should be Rank 5 with 3,000 standing left over once the script is completed. :)

EDIT 2: It looks like the previous announcement from the beginning of this month was edited just now to walk back the communicated "additional" aspect of permanent weekly acts:

On 2023-11-01 at 2:00 PM, [DE]Sam said:

EDIT 11/29/2023: The Permanent Weekly Acts are intended to replace 3 of the regular Weekly Acts, not be in addition to! This inaccuracy above has been corrected to reflect what Nora's Mix Vol. 5 will look like in-game.

EDIT 1: Regarding the "additional" language for these permanent acts, I organized the communication on this for anyone who is confused. Hope this gets cleared up.

2 hours ago, Voltage said:

There was actually a bit of confusion between Rebecca and Pablo in real time on Devstream 173. I just took the time to find it and clip it:

https://clips.twitch.tv/TangibleCleverTofuSSSsss-OtshjDeNUZgxZ88E

Dev Workshop, Rebecca, and Sam said additional, but Pablo said replaced. I'm guessing what Pablo said was not translated to a correction in all the announcement information or even the live build of Nightwave.

we’re introducing Permanent Weekly Acts with Nora’s Mix Vol. 5! These Permanent Weekly Acts join in with each weekly Act rotation, which can earn you an extra 13,500 Nightwave Standing each week.

From the Abyss of Dagath - Dev Workshop:

With these new Permanent Acts, you can earn an extra 13,500 Nightwave Standing each week!

Note: since these are in addition to your weekly Act rotation, they are exempt from the Catch-Up pool. 

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 34

I'd like to point out that the dev workshop prior to Abyss of Dagath mentioned that the permanent weekly acts were to be in addition to the 5 + 2 (normal/elite) weekly acts, for an additional 13,500 standing a week. It was also mentioned that these +3 acts would be unrecoverable.

Permanent Weekly Acts
Dreamers, we all like our little habits and rituals. To reward the little things you do every week, we’re adding 3 Permanent Weekly Acts intended to be unlocked with regular Warframe gameplay:

• Eximus Eliminator: Kill 30 Eximus.
  • Mission Complete: Complete any 15 missions.
  • Marksmen: Kill 500 Enemies.

With these new Permanent Acts, you can earn an extra 13,500 Nightwave Standing each week!

Note: since these are in addition to your weekly Act rotation, they are exempt from the Catch-Up pool.

With this change, does this mean that only 4 acts (the 2 varying weeklies + elite weeklies) are recoverable from each week?

• Like 18

Wait what? So the Permanent acts are supposed to add up to net neutral compared to the previous system?

While I am grateful that the Permanent ones are being fixed to give standing, I am certain it was said in a devstream the new Permanent acts are going to be additional and result in More Standing earned per week, am I Mandela effecting here?

As i was writing this @Prof_Blocks_007 did god's work to quote the original change

1 minute ago, Prof_Blocks_007 said:

And yes it if it reduces the amount of acts recoverable that is not a net neutral even, that is an outright net negative that will slow the entire NW progression to a crawl -_-

• Like 21

26 minutes ago, [DE]Sam said:

Howdy, Tenno!

A few extra Nightwave Acts slipped through on this rotation of Nora’s Mix Vol. 5.

Next week, Nightwave will return to form with the three new permanent Weeklies replacing three of the five regular Weeklies per rotation. The intended design for the following rotations has three permanent Weekly Acts and two regular Weekly Acts, culminating in the full five Weekly Acts (plus your usual amount of Dailies and Elite Weekly Acts).

However, while the additional Acts are unintended, we’re letting it roll for the rest of this rotation! Enjoy the extra Acts! 

Also, the new Permanent Weekly Acts were not awarding any Standing, which has now been fixed.

With the Standing issue resolved, we’re working on a script to retroactively award all the lost Nightwave Standing to those who’ve finished these Acts. We will update this thread once the script has run on all platforms!

Thanks, Tenno! We’ll update this post if there is more to share.

not sure if quoting tags someone, so @[DE]Sam sorry if this tags you twice...

I just want to point out that the Permanant Weekly mission of Eximus Eliminator was also not counting kills properly. This was during the Live tweaking which happened before my issue...or maybe caused it?

I was at 27/30 for a bit and had to kill about a dozen to make up for those last 3. I heard the sound of the shields go down and all. Was on the Mars node Zeugma with Loki Prime, Nataruk, Laetum, Lesion, Helios Prime, and Deconstructor Prime and all are at Rank 30.

EDIT - Oh yeah, I did get the Rank 3 reward of the Relic Pack, but it did not open to say what relics I had gotten.

Edited by 1OfTheUndying
forgot
  • Like 3

i am really curious how this effects catch up, if these acts are not recoverable then catching up to the nightwave is going to take even  longer than before, no?

please correct me if i am interpreting this incorrectly from the dev workshops and your statement because clarification would be greatly appreciated 

• Like 4

I thought the Permanent Acts were in addition to the normal rotation? 

If they're not, then they replace acts that rotate on a weekly/daily basis?  How does that interact with the recoverable acts if you miss a week due to Life and Stuff?

I am now very confused. 

• Like 13

15 minutes ago, Do_High_Go said:

I am certain it was said in a devstream the new Permanent acts are going to be additional and result in More Standing earned per week, am I Mandela effecting here?

There was actually a bit of confusion between Rebecca and Pablo in real time on Devstream 173. I just took the time to find it and clip it:

Dev Workshop, Rebecca, and Sam said additional, but Pablo said replaced. I'm guessing what Pablo said was not translated to a correction in all the announcement information or even the live build of Nightwave.

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, 1OfTheUndying said:

@[DE]Sam

EDIT - Oh yeah, I did get the Rank 3 reward of the Relic Pack, but it did not open to say what relics I had gotten.

Ignore the Sam tagging, tablet won't let me remove it. To answer you, relic packs got in this manner don't "open" like the normally would, it just plops three in your inventory so you don't actually know what you got.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Voltage said:

I simply can't believe this is the case. If the team is putting out information that says one thing very clearly in multiple posts and Pablo offhanded said replaced on stream, I'm assuming Pablo is wrong. These things are all designed and decided upon internally The team can't be expected get news and to change everything off a devstream comment, that would be a ridiculous way to run things.

a correction should have been posted ages ago if the information going out was wrong. Especially with how much the community talked about the extra rep.

Edited by (XBOX)Grey Gallant
  • Like 9

4 минуты назад, (XBOX)Grey Gallant сказал:

I simply can't believe this is the case. If the team is putting out information that says one thing very clearly and Pablo offhanded said replaced on stream, I'm assuming Pablo is wrong. These things are all designed and decided upon internally The team can't be expected get news and to change everything off a devstream comment, that would be a ridiculous way to run things.

a correction should have been posted ages ago if the information going out was wrong. Especially with how much the community talked about the extra rep.

we've also seen scrolling bar for acts on devstream, which means they also had extra acts even before season started

https://imgur.com/a/IooikZV

• Like 10

It's always been the case that when acts have already been done for a week, duplicates of those acts can't be recovered.  So if say this week you have Kill the Profit-Taker and complete it, and then complete enough of the weeklies to start recovering, if one of your slots attempts to roll an uncompleted Kill the Profit-Taker from a *prior* week, that slot would just get stuck.  It wasn't a valid task so it wouldn't populate the slot to allow you to complete it, but it *also* did not attempt to reroll the slot to seek a valid one.

It was entirely possible for someone who rejoined late in a nightwave run to end up with weeks where all of their recovery slots got blocked this way.  This can be pretty frustrating, especially because it's not clear to the player what's actually going on, they just think their slot bugged out.

So now people are only going to have 2 slots to attempt to recover tasks for outright?  That's not how it was described to us (it didn't sound like the permanent acts were going to so severely impact the variety of acts we see overall), and now if that recovery behavior hasn't been changed, it's going to be very easy to end up with those slots blocked - even if these specific tasks are set not to even attempt to come up in a reroll and thus cannot themselves block a slot.  Is this high level of impact on recovery intended?

Edited by Andvarja
I accidentally part of a sentence

2 hours ago, [DE]Sam said:

Think we'd prefer the permanents remain as additional weeklies, so as to still have the same amount of recoverable weeklies for late joiners to Nightwave.

Making the permanents recoverable would be a nice mid-way, but would mean less variety overall, imo.

glhf with whichever way you go, but I'd recommend revisiting if they're recoverable or additionals, as I think as it shipped this week on accident is neat for the less involved playerbase or late joiners.

• Like 2

Next week, Nightwave will return to form with the three new permanent Weeklies replacing three of the five regular Weeklies per rotation.

Don't you guys dare #*!% this up, this is the stupidest decision I've heard of from you guys in recent, and I'm still holding out hope that it's just a miscommunication. Seriously, this is pure idiocy to actually remove 3 of them, instead of in addition, like all of the wording said before today. This is purely worse if it's actually what is intended: removing variety, reducing how much you can catch up with, and relying on fomo to drive player numbers, are all scummy things to do.

Edited by Zark_Manthra
  • Like 17

Nightwave will return to form with the three new permanent Weeklies replacing three of the five regular Weeklies per rotation.

I sincerely hope that this is merely a communication error and that you are not making a change that contradicts all official statements and makes the system worse in every way.

• Like 12

9 minutes ago, Zark_Manthra said:

I'm still holding out hope that it's just a miscommunication.

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Grey Gallant said:

I simply can't believe this is the case. If the team is putting out information that says one thing very clearly in multiple posts and Pablo offhanded said replaced on stream, I'm assuming Pablo is wrong. These things are all designed and decided upon internally The team can't be expected get news and to change everything off a devstream comment, that would be a ridiculous way to run things.

I have some bad news....

The part about permanent acts being additional has now been crossed out and this was posted at the bottom as an update:

EDIT 11/29/2023: The Permanent Weekly Acts are intended to replace 3 of the regular Weekly Acts, not be in addition to! This inaccuracy above has been corrected to reflect what Nora's Mix Vol. 5 will look like in-game.

From here:

• Like 5