The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can we at least get a preview of this week's nightwave challenges when you pull this crap?

sly_squash

When the weekly reset doesn't coincide with the nightwave reset (for Heaven knows why), I think we should at least get a sneak peek as to what's coming down the pipe when the new Nightwave releases on Wednesday.

This is because many of our weekly tasks can only (or at least should only) be completed once, and because we don't know what the nightwave tasks are it is prudent to wait until we do.  This is especially the case since apparently a lot of tasks were scrapped and a lot of tasks were added so who knows what we got in store this week.

• Can we buy rivens from Iron Wake yet, or are we gonna get the Use Riven Shards nightwave challenge?
  • Can we run the Clem mission or are we gonna get the Help Clem nightwave challenge?
  • Can we run the Archon Hunt?
  • Can we run the Kahl mission, or is that a nightwave challenge now?
  • Can we socket my Maroo ayatan?
  • Should we farm up my weekly Zariman voidplumes now when we see a T4/T5 exterm or wait because we're getting a Kill 5 Void Angels nightwave challenge?
  • etc.

I think it's silly that there are breaks like this at all, but if there need to be can we at least be informed about what's coming so I can plan my week around it?  A lot of this stuff is missable and easy to forget so I hate leaving it just in case there happens to be a nightwave challenge this week.

• Like 5

Nora’s Mix Vol. 5

With Nora’s Mix Vol. 5, 12 Acts are being removed, alongside 25 revised Acts, which you can read about here.

Additionally, four Acts are being reworked to become Weekly’s instead of Daily’s, which look like...

• Ancient Obelisk: Activate 3 Requiem Obelisk on Deimos (was: 1)
    • Changed from Daily to Weekly
  • Hacker: Hack 10 Consoles (was: 8)
  • Kleptomaniac: Open 30 Lockers (was: 20)
  • Gatherer: Collect 4000 Resources (was: 1500)

New Acts!

With Nora’s Mix Vol. 5, we have a variety of new Duviri-inspired Acts!

DAILY:
Your Move: Complete a game of Komi in Duviri
Helping Hand: Rescue an animal in Duviri
Feed Me More: Feed the Maw 10 fish in Duviri
Salutations: Visit Acrithis in Duviri

WEEKLY:
Horsing Around: Fly your Kaithe for 1000 meters
Finely Tuned: Play 2 different Shawzin songs in Duviri
Beast Slayer: Defeat the Orowyrm
I Decree: Collect 10 Decrees in Duviri
Collector: Collect 100 resources from Duviri
Skeletons in the Closet: Kill 50 Dax enemies in Duviri

ELITE WEEKLY:
Perplexed: Complete 3 puzzles in Duviri
Elite Beast Slayer: Defeat the Orowyrm in Steel Path
Ceremonial Evolution: Evolve any Incarnon weapon in-mission 5 times
Vital Arbiter: Complete an Arbitration Mission

Edited by BroDutt
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Lord_Drod said:

I never even check what the challenges are in NW and always get to 30, but I guess sure if that's important to you, then I agree.  I check the store for new cosmetics, and might do a challenge if there is one up, but that is extremely rare.

This is by far one of the most relaxed, stress free "battle passes" I've encountered.  I don't play many battlepass games to begin with, but the ones I've seen always seem to be more of a chore and a money sink. 

• Like 1

@sly_squashI had this same concern, but realized I can just do them next week as recovered acts since these are always weeklies.

Also, some of your examples can be done by piggy-backing with others, given that the Nightwave task looks for mission completion, not rewards earned.

47 minutes ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

You don't have to rush Nightwave. 

Some players like to earn maximum rank for the season (like myself). It is a valid concern.

Edited by Voltage