The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Snowball Showdown needs to appear as an active event

Harutomata

The snowball event lasts from the December 1st til the end of December, it's just the 4 special alerts that last 1 day each, which IMO should be like 3 days each since not everyone is able to do each alert in that specific 24 hour time-frame

You just have to access the snowball fight from the conclave menu outside of the alerts

Edited by crimsonspartan1
  • Like 2

My friend, the glyph reward was the reason why people were even going to the event in the first place. As there's no reward for it anymore, why would they go there?

If DE are keeping it going, then it's probably going to be for another reward once the weekly reset rolls around, so we'll earn three or four rewards over the month ^^

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Terroriced said:

Wait, I missed an event reward? I dont even know what that glyph is called or how it looks like.

Yep, the alerts are all 1-day for no reason whatsoever. The Glyph is on the left:

alerts-1.png

The other is the Rift Sigil which isn't new.

Next weekend's (well, Friday and Saturday) is this:

alerts-2.png

• Like 1

Even worse, the alert timing doesn't reset with the standing reset, meaning after the alerts flip over it's likely prudent to wait until standing reset to actually do them because you've probably already filled (or are close to filling) daily conclave standing with the previous 3 runs.

Might as well get good mileage out of conclave progression if you're gonna do something like this.

2 hours ago, PublikDomain said:

Yep, the alerts are all 1-day for no reason whatsoever. The Glyph is on the left:

alerts-1.png

The other is the Rift Sigil which isn't new.

Next weekend's (well, Friday and Saturday) is this:

alerts-2.png

This is really sad considering how many lessons should have been learned with alerts in the past. I don't think there's ever been a Tactical Alert that has only lasted 24 hours (atleast in my years playing). I really don't understand why DE is whiffing with such easy and obvious things regarding how things are consumed by players.

• Like 5

vor 3 Stunden schrieb PublikDomain:

Thx.

Yeah, too bad I was focused on the Nighwave non-recoverable weeklies FOMO instead of this. My bad I guess.

Edited by Terroriced
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Terroriced said:

Thx.

Yeah, too bad I was focused on the Nighwave non-recoverable weeklies FOMO instead of this. My bad I guess.

Yep, I was too busy having a life to catch it either. By the time I had a chance to play today it was already 2 hours expired. Sorry DE, I wanted to see the new Godzilla movie and have dinner with friends last night. Won't happen again. 🙄

As much as I don't like the event, I did still have the intention to play it, a 24 hour tac alert that requires 30 minutes of gameplay is just not okay.

I don't even mind the 30 minute requirement, I mind the time we had to get it done. 

It should have been tiered like other events for each of the 4 rewards, and lasted the duration of TennoBaum as a whole.

• Like 3

Am 2.12.2023 um 20:27 schrieb crimsonspartan1:

The snowball event lasts from the December 1st til the end of December, it's just the 4 special alerts that last 1 day each, which IMO should be like 3 days each since not everyone is able to do each alert in that specific 24 hour time-frame

You just have to access the snowball fight from the conclave menu outside of the alerts

What special alerts? 

6 hours ago, (XBOX)K1jker said:

What special alerts? 

There's four 24 hour alerts that appear on December 1st, 2nd, 8th and 9th that give different items each when you win a certain amount of matches. You've missed the first two alerts unless you have actually done them, because DE decided they'd each be 24 hours long each so there's only a small window to get each rewards, and the 1st alert gave a glyph and the second gave the rift sigil. The 3rd alert gives another glyph and the 4th gives a forma. 

• Like 2

Conclaves biggest issue is the high level players just gank the low level players and it isn't fun. The squads should be level specific so that the low level players are together and can level up together. Every time I try to do conclave I am ganked right away and it is not a rewarding game to level up in. This has been the issue with conclave for years. No one wants to go into conclave in a squishy frame and have high level players ganking them the whole time. I would love to play conclave with OUR established frames or a level lock so the high level players cant be in low level frame missions. A simple change to the level requirement would get the low level conclave players in there. Right now it's gank city and not fun or rewarding in any way. The snowball game would have been more fun if it were the water gun mission they do in the summer in Cetus.