Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Support Warframes solo are not supporting anyone, let's have three companions to excite their effectiveness.

(PSN)Hopper_Orouk

1 hour ago, Reitrix said:

-snip-

Dude, you really got me wondering what you… expect from this game. Something like Trinity or Nidus or any support Frame is going to innately have healing capabilities, freeing players up to use alternative schools or mods or equipment or whatever they’d normally use to restore their gradients of damage that they take (if they’re not just using health orbs on the ground) because from the start those frames already have it covered. Any frame can do any content, but the frame you pick is going to influence your complementary choices and that in turn can influence how you build the frame.

I don’t know whether you suck at the game, but I’m pretty sure that you’re not particularly versed in variety, otherwise you would have seen the gradients of damage and understand the purpose of a healer.  Multiplayer admittedly isn’t a good chance to excercise the role (because players build to solo the thing themselves and to specifically avoid relying on someone else), but it shouldn’t be this obtuse to see what support can be

Edited by (NSW)Greybones
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

Dude, you really got me wondering what you… expect from this game. Something like Trinity or Nidus or any support Frame is going to innately have healing capabilities, freeing players up to use alternative schools or mods or equipment or whatever they’d normally use to restore their gradients of damage that they take (if they’re not just using health orbs on the ground) because from the start those frames already have it covered. Any frame can do any content, but the frame you pick is going to influence your complementary choices and that in turn can influence how you build the frame.

I don’t know whether you suck at the game, but I’m pretty sure that you’re not particularly versed in variety, otherwise you would have seen the gradients of damage and understand the purpose of a healer

This is one hell of a hate boner you've developed mate. Calm yourself. 

Go back to and re-read the first reply i made to you. 
Since you've been struggling with comprehension, i'll spell it out for you: I agreed with your stance that healing frames such as Trinity and Oberon are supporting themselves and NOT specifically trying to support a squad. 

Shield Gate was introduced before Steel Path.
Now, why was it introduced? Yes mate, you answered this already: Because one shots existed.
And not only did those ones shots exist, They happened with enough regularity to provoke a mechanical solution.

In that first reply, I revealed to you my favorite frame. 
My Nidus example was to show you the pointlessness of wanting to be a dedicated healer for a Squad. 
Despite taking that much damage in a single frame while moving, i was able to completely restore myself without need of an external healer. 
Even without Operators, There exists Arcane Grace, Lifesteal mods, Healing abilities through Helminth and various weapons with built in healing effects. 
All of which completely nullify any need or benefit to having someone in the squad trying to be a healer. 

Not a single person, in any content anywhere in Warframe is making a build and thinking "This will be amazing if i get someone else with me who uses Trinity/Oberon/Wisp!"
Every single build that anyone makes is made to be entirely self sufficient in keeping themselves alive. The only time a death happens is when it comes too quickly to effectively react to.
Like the one shots that triggered DE to create the Shield Gate. Which i remind you again: Implemented before Steel Path.

So in a game where every player in a squad is perfectly capable of maintaining their own survival, The role of a healer is absolutely pointless. 
We are not playing a 'holy trinity' based MMO where the poor squishy DPS need a meatshield to be able to do their job and the meatshield needs a Healer because said meatshield possesses either limited or no self sustain. 
Healers in MMOs require someone else to do damage for them to make up for their healing power. 
Healers in Warframe are just regular Warframes whose form of active survival is healing. That the healing splashes out to squadmates is purely a neat bonus when it happens as i described in my first reply to you.

This was relevant to the OPs request because Warframes who can heal are NOT handicapped like a traditional MMO healer with minimal damage output where soloing becomes a bit of a struggle. 
Trinity and others who also heal do not need extra AI companions for there is no DPS deficit that they need AI help to overcome. Weapons are perfectly capable of completing mission objectives regardless of the frame they are equipped by. 

Maybe next time you engage in discussion with someone, read what they're writing instead of making baseless assumptions about how they play the game. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Reitrix said:

This is one hell of a hate boner you've developed mate. Calm yourself. 

Go back to and re-read the first reply i made to you. 
Since you've been struggling with comprehension, i'll spell it out for you: I agreed with your stance that healing frames such as Trinity and Oberon are supporting themselves and NOT specifically trying to support a squad. 

Shield Gate was introduced before Steel Path.
Now, why was it introduced? Yes mate, you answered this already: Because one shots existed.
And not only did those ones shots exist, They happened with enough regularity to provoke a mechanical solution.

In that first reply, I revealed to you my favorite frame. 
My Nidus example was to show you the pointlessness of wanting to be a dedicated healer for a Squad. 
Despite taking that much damage in a single frame while moving, i was able to completely restore myself without need of an external healer. 
Even without Operators, There exists Arcane Grace, Lifesteal mods, Healing abilities through Helminth and various weapons with built in healing effects. 
All of which completely nullify any need or benefit to having someone in the squad trying to be a healer. 

Not a single person, in any content anywhere in Warframe is making a build and thinking "This will be amazing if i get someone else with me who uses Trinity/Oberon/Wisp!"
Every single build that anyone makes is made to be entirely self sufficient in keeping themselves alive. The only time a death happens is when it comes too quickly to effectively react to.
Like the one shots that triggered DE to create the Shield Gate. Which i remind you again: Implemented before Steel Path.

So in a game where every player in a squad is perfectly capable of maintaining their own survival, The role of a healer is absolutely pointless. 
We are not playing a 'holy trinity' based MMO where the poor squishy DPS need a meatshield to be able to do their job and the meatshield needs a Healer because said meatshield possesses either limited or no self sustain. 
Healers in MMOs require someone else to do damage for them to make up for their healing power. 
Healers in Warframe are just regular Warframes whose form of active survival is healing. That the healing splashes out to squadmates is purely a neat bonus when it happens as i described in my first reply to you.

This was relevant to the OPs request because Warframes who can heal are NOT handicapped like a traditional MMO healer with minimal damage output where soloing becomes a bit of a struggle. 
Trinity and others who also heal do not need extra AI companions for there is no DPS deficit that they need AI help to overcome. Weapons are perfectly capable of completing mission objectives regardless of the frame they are equipped by. 

Maybe next time you engage in discussion with someone, read what they're writing instead of making baseless assumptions about how they play the game. 

You told me how you play. There’s no baseless assumption, you  hang around in unbalanced SP, building to be self-sufficient even though you could build alternatively if you were paired with another player who is support (which why aren’t you sticking to solo if you’re going to be so self sufficient at cost to any alternative customisation; you certainly don’t need the other players)

You’re not a mystery, but you are coming from such a warped perspective I can’t peg how you think what you’re doing makes sense. One-shots can happen, but they’re not so common as you seem to think they are and Gating is still working alongside gradients of damage to our health that gets healed. Healing a squad through a frame designed to keep the squad alive or buffed gives the players a chance to do something a little more risky with either taking their builds higher (within reason) or rebuilding in an alternative way while they get the heals or bonus damage or whatever from their teammate.

Support has a place, you are specifically avoiding it and then acting like it’s the game that’s got it wrong. Which wouldn’t necessarily be a problem if you stuck to solo if you’re going to build to solo the multiplayer portion as well or understood that there’s more ways to build and play than what you do (popular as it is)

edit: In an utterly shocking twist, weapons too can be built in different ways! And then buffed from support or supplemented by others on the team

Edited by (NSW)Greybones

10 hours ago, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

Not correct...think of it like Railjack...3 additional crew replaces three missing players.

in public squads you will have only one kubrow/companion.

in solo you can "replace" the lack of a squad with two additional companions.

can you possibly read a few sentences post before you comment or was it not explained enough by me?

Companions are infinitely more useful with their priming and support capabilities than Railjack short bus crew

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ReddyDisco said:

What? you want to sit in a corner and let your pets/summons play the game for you? sounds incredibly boring to me

Where did you got that conclusion, in fact where does anyone here get their conclusion? You know I try to be respectful as much as I can, but you guy really don't pay attention to anything I say in my OP most of the time.

9 hours ago, (PSN)GEN-Son_17 said:

Nah.....nope

I'm not saying my idea is the ultimate of all ideas, but you just said no and left, so I'm gonna pretend you never said anything. I'm sorry.

Since the game is set up and balanced for 1 player I have to give this a big no. This wouldnt be like RJ which instead is balanced around 4 players at all times, so giving crew to solo players was a logical choice (although horribly implemented on so many levels). And no I dont count SP endless mob density as designed for 4 players, it is more that regular endless is severely gimped.

The game is just too easy to give us even more passive damage output or crazy stat increases, since that is practically what would happen with 3x pets.

Lets see.

Pet 1. +1.2x crit damage, +60% fire rate, free viral spread.

Pet 2. 30m Disarm, 30m application of 4 statuses as baseline, more added through buffs and bonds. Practically zero cd.

Pet 3. Depending on what we want/need. Charm, Enemy Vortex, Projectile Shield Dome, constant additive crit buff or whatever else you might like.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

Where did you got that conclusion, in fact where does anyone here get their conclusion? You know I try to be respectful as much as I can, but you guy really don't pay attention to anything I say in my OP most of the time.

I'm not saying my idea is the ultimate of all ideas, but you just said no and left, so I'm gonna pretend you never said anything. I'm sorry.

We support friendly NPC by wiping the map with one button like Saryn. Not everybody enjoys playing Tower Defense game mode.

Just to clarify, @Reitrix, because I feel like it’s a bizarrely novel concept; when I say “Self sufficient” in regards to what you’re doing, I’m not referring to being merely sufficient enough to handle a single player’s worth of spawning enemies and mission design. When referring to how sufficient you are specifically building yourself to be for the content you’re doing, you exceed that by so much that you also just happen to take 3 other player’s gameplay away from them when you jump into a multiplayer match

The game’s not going to stop you when you build for way higher than what you’re doing, but it’s not going to shift itself around your build either because you’re specifically choosing to not go to the part of the game your build more aligns with or using alternative ways to build that the content you’re doing enables you to use

12 hours ago, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

True, and my bad. 

It's just that I see these requests as "change for the sake of change" but not really beneficial to the game. In fact, I see it as detrimental. I say this because our power and fun really comes from making limitations work, and work well. A support, defense or attack frame doesn't matter if your loadout can function as all of those types at the same time.

An example of this is my Mag Prime, my Moa, beam kitgun, Cedo and Rakta Dark dagger. This combo is hella fun for me because of the shield restore support and CC. However, the kit offers so many offensive and defensive elements, that it gets harder to understand where my weaknesses are. Adding yet ANOTHER power on top of this is just way beyond overkill...and a big, wasteful challenge for the devs to undertake. All they would see is "unnecessary overpowering". 

Of course, it's just my opinion, but I don't believe in tossing in extra work that would hurt the overall scope of the game. To be fair, I also have no idea who is a support frame in need of support because no frame in my arsenal needs any more help than a proper build.

On 2023-12-05 at 10:47 AM, Hexerin said:

It'd make more sense to build off the existing specter system, and have the player able to bring a set of three warframe specters with them into missions (like how things work in the Index). This would let the player customize them, like you already can with the gear item specter you get from Rescue missions.

I'd still enjoy being able to field three MOAs on my solo runs though.

now if De made the current Warframe spectres more like landing crafts/ How the player obtains or unlocks them /then they could just be a more modifiable companion (Permanent and free to summon)

Similar to railjack crew or

On 2023-12-05 at 10:50 AM, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

we already sort of have this in syndicate missions, where 2 faction NPCs "aid" you in combat: in reality all they do is draw some agro and then die halfway through, you don't even have any incentive to keep them alive, such as maybe being awarded some extra standing for bringing their people back alive. they're basically free specters, but worse than specters. maybe I just don't get it because I enjoy being solo more than others do, but this seems like a lot of work for no real benefit IMO.

but with abilities that aren't strictly designed

Example Umbra could freely join if he really wanted to be sentient after his main calm the hell down quest

My one drawback is, at what cost {Helminth "Who maintains your Frames and Brings them back to health"}

The cost being their healthbar. they die, they are out...   until tomorrow / 8-12 hours

This is also presuming that these backup reinforcements are the warframes you own but aren't currently using

Supports aren't supporting anyone in the first place with how powercreep has gone. Frames in that situation (really just Oberon and Trinity) need full on reworks rather than some tacked on solo squad system.

Plus it wouldn't really do anything anyways. They'd need to be next to worthless to prevent "automating" low level endless missions meaning they'd be nonexistent in any mid content and you can forget about SP entirely. And we need to only look at how ineffective specters are (at doing anything other than supporting you) to see how bad dynamic scaling is.