Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What's your dream Loki Passive? (glorious purpose)

(PSN)Hopper_Orouk

I don't know if that's a popular opinion, or a hot take or in between, but I'm one of those people who think Loki should get no changes other than a new passive...since all of his abilities serve some purpose, at least the bare minimum of the game, even Decoy...plus he's a Warframe and probably the only Warframe in the game that can be modded without enhancing any power stats (duration, strength, efficiency and range)...just augments and some shield gating survivability alone will make him the most "tanky" Warframe in the game.

as for passive, it's 10 years old...it's way passed it prime if it ever had one, and I definitely agree that it needs change.

My Dream Loki Passive: Is basically his own custom decree system...whenever Loki gets 1000 affinity points, he get the chance to choose between three decrees, with maximum decree reserve being 10 

these decrees are only for him, and are different from duviri's. (or if we wanna spice things up, we can make some of these decrees cater to more of a support role) 

while there are only 10 decrees per mission, there are ones where they need to be chosen multiple times to reach their maximum rank, just like some decrees in Duviri.

as for what are the contents of these decrees, they could literally be anything, and I don't think it's worth the time discussing what they can be since it's beside the point. 

1 minute ago, TeaHands said:

Parkour Velocity/Sprint Speed increase while invisible would be pretty neat

Maybe we can copy rakta dark dagger and stalker's passive and combine them together.

reduce the range at which enemies detect Loki by 50%, and Loki receives 50% chance for +200% damage against enemies that don't see him. 

Disguise:

Loki can select 1 non-boss enemy to execute and steal their identity. Unsuspecting enemies will not be alerted. He can also use the enemy's abilities, where possible. Loki retains parkour movement, his stats, and weapons through the transformation. (120s cooldown)

Subterfuge:

Loki has a 100% chance to completely bypass (without going into the hacking UI) hack attempts (15s cooldown), and gains +20% Ability Duration per successful hack (maximum 60%).

All weapon noise is 100% silent while invisible. If his weapon is already silent (innately or via noise reduction mods) prior to becoming invisible, Loki deals 1.5x more damage with his weapons instead.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Skoomaseller said:

All weapon noise is 100% silent while invisible. If his weapon is already silent (innately or via noise reduction mods) prior to becoming invisible, Loki deals 1.5x more damage with his weapons instead.

Hushed invisibility?

Edited by (PSN)Hopper_Orouk
  • Like 3

Not exactly a dream passive, more of a quasi-realistic passive: keep his current wall latch bonus, add a damage bonus while wall latching and for a few seconds after.

1 hour ago, TeaHands said:

Parkour Velocity/Sprint Speed increase while invisible would be pretty neat

It would be neat.  But it bothers me in that it's only barely a passiveL i.e, in the sense that it would be active during other sources of invisibility, and not just capital 'i' Invisibility itself. 

Since Loki is not generally going to be building for any other sources, may as well just add it to his 2 and make a real passive.

14 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

Not exactly a dream passive, more of a quasi-realistic passive: keep his current wall latch bonus, add a damage bonus while wall latching and for a few seconds after.

It would be neat.  But it bothers me in that it's only barely a passiveL i.e, in the sense that it would be active during other sources of invisibility, and not just capital 'i' Invisibility itself. 

Since Loki is not generally going to be building for any other sources, may as well just add it to his 2 and make a real passive.

I agree with this...I was discussing with my alliance one day a potential Rhino passive and each one of them suggested one related only to Iron skin...like no that's not how passives works...they're usually universal, work in all cases (except maybe grendel I guess.)

also because we rarely ever wall latch, that damage buff has to be a super strong different multiplier not just additive damage, like make it 200% universal faction buff...basically Roar with 400% strength.

9 minutes ago, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

also because we rarely ever wall latch, that damage buff has to be a super strong different multiplier not just additive damage, like make it 200% universal faction buff...basically Roar with 400% strength.

I don't know about that...even though Passive power inflation is a thing, I don't know that I want to give in to it that much.  But it should be substantial, and not base damage.

Honestly, what I really want is a big  status bonus, as I'm a little bored with damage and there are barely any ways to boost status that aren't weapon mods.  But status is somewhat limiting, while damage is pretty much always useful.  I thought about proposing both absolute damage and status, and I'd be thrilled to get it,  but decided to keep it simple.

Loki is supposed to be something of a prankster, so maybe something like this:

Trickery: enemies surrounding Loki might have had their gear tampered with, causing one of the following actions to occur:

- the enemy's gun jams, and they cannot shoot for a few seconds.

- the enemy's grenades explode on their belt, dealing Blast damage and knocking them to the floor

- the enemy trips over, resulting in a knockdown and some impact damage dealt.

- nearby security terminals are electrified, and will shock enemies who try to use them. if the nearest enemy is idle, the console emits a noise that attracts them to it and makes them interact with it. 

- lasers trigger on the enemy causing them to be damaged and knocked down.

not really sure what else he could have honestly, but if nothing else it'd be fun to go around in a spy mission tripping over enemies, and shocking them with consoles while being invisible. sounds like a Loki thing to do IMO.

Some kind of HP scaling on his decoy would be a nice tweak.

As for passives, yeah something tricksy. I quite like the idea of enemies guns jamming/grenades going off early!

Silent weapons would be cool but Banshee already has that as a passive!

5 hours ago, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

I don't know if that's a popular opinion, or a hot take or in between, but I'm one of those people who think Loki should get no changes other than a new passive...since all of his abilities serve some purpose, at least the bare minimum of the game, even Decoy...plus he's a Warframe and probably the only Warframe in the game that can be modded without enhancing any power stats (duration, strength, efficiency and range)...just augments and some shield gating survivability alone will make him the most "tanky" Warframe in the game.

as for passive, it's 10 years old...it's way passed it prime if it ever had one, and I definitely agree that it needs change.

My Dream Loki Passive: Is basically his own custom decree system...whenever Loki gets 1000 affinity points, he get the chance to choose between three decrees, with maximum decree reserve being 10 

these decrees are only for him, and are different from duviri's. (or if we wanna spice things up, we can make some of these decrees cater to more of a support role) 

while there are only 10 decrees per mission, there are ones where they need to be chosen multiple times to reach their maximum rank, just like some decrees in Duviri.

as for what are the contents of these decrees, they could literally be anything, and I don't think it's worth the time discussing what they can be since it's beside the point. 

I can't say I agree that his kit doesn't need serious changes, you could really just roll Switch Teleport and Decoy into one ability for instance to give him something new. Give him a Blind or a delayed explosive ability that strips defenses, there's a lot you can give him. As for his Passive;

- Loki gains a Weapon Damage Buff that slowly builds up to 100% while he's not being targeted. When he's targeted, this buff decays rapidly.

Edited by (XBOX)Graysmog

3 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

I don't know about that...even though Passive power inflation is a thing, I don't know that I want to give in to it that much.  But it should be substantial, and not base damage.

Honestly, what I really want is a big  status bonus, as I'm a little bored with damage and there are barely any ways to boost status that aren't weapon mods.  But status is somewhat limiting, while damage is pretty much always useful.  I thought about proposing both absolute damage and status, and I'd be thrilled to get it,  but decided to keep it simple.

If you do explore that as his Passive, that could be a neat boon to Decoy as well. Make it something like his Weapon Status Chance increases while he's not being targeted.

Decoy actually does proc things like Impact, Slash and Puncture, so you could totally lean into that and have Loki as well as the Decoy receive a Status Chance buff. Getting ten procs of either helps Loki out regardless without getting crazy (the Slash literally only does 1 damage) and it would be nice having a Warframe who specializes in just maxing out IPS procs.

Decoy still obviously needs a lot of help, but looking at more unique interactions for his abilities that isn't just raw damage is always fun.

Edited by (XBOX)Graysmog

Frisky in the stable: Can be used in Teshin's cave once per day. Allows Loki to interact with the Kaithe, turning Loki into a mare to be boinked by the Kaithe. 5% chance that your current Kaithe is permanently replaced by an 8 legged Kaithe with 2x the speed.

Discord, Dessent and Doubt: Disables eximus and ancient auras against attacks made by Loki (guardian shield would still apply to the Guardian Eximus itself but not its allies). Also adds a 10% chance that targetted enemy special abilities (grenades, eximus skills, acolyte skills, boss skills etc.) are used on the nearest friendly target instead of Loki. And on AoE skills like the Eximus heat wave a successful roll would result in the skill hitting enemies aswell and not just Loki.

Something that fits with his trickster and stealth theme:
Loki's presence in the mission causes alarm systems to malfunction, so they'll never do anything no matter what. Trip a laser in a spy vault? Nada.
Retain his current passive in some way with a 30 second increase to wall latching *and* aim glides.

Something more universally-applicable:
Just give him an innate 30% parkour speed buff LOL

• Like 1

I have been thinking about another passive for Loki that would fix most problems I have with him and his invisibility

first of all for this passive to find some use, his invisibility needs to be nerfed to 3 seconds only at base.
the passive is as follows: Reduce the enemy detection and hearing range for Loki by 50%.

this means Loki will practically be unperceivable if you position yourself away enough from enemies, and unheard of if you do the same.
this is a passive invisibility and hushed invisibility that is always active, without concealing Loki's dapper fashion and bleach the camera view with golden hue.

nerfing his original ability to three seconds means he spends less time in it, and only uses it as an "oh crap" button, since Loki has a lot of those buttons actually.

32 minutes ago, (PSN)Unstar said:

Dream Passive: at the start of the mission, Loki's 1st, 3rd, and 4th abilities are replaced with useful abilities.

ah yes, Let's rework Loki to give him armor strip, shield strip...15,000 viral and corrosive damage on ultimate, 95% damage reduction and 30 seconds of invulnerability. because that's the only things that count as useful? 

sorry I'm being aggressively sarcastic, but yeah I'm trying to say he doesn't actually need any reworks...if anything I think his invis duration needs to be nerfed heavily...and give him a passive that compensates for it, as I have explained above  

Loki gets a very small buff to everything. 

Like all weapon stats? Slight increases. 2% more Crit, 1% more damage. 2% extra range. You get in an Archwing? 3% extra health, 2% extra energy etc. Not really noticeable to most, subtle really, more of a Loki... passive... 

Okay more seriously though, I'd actually like something a bit weird for his passive that might require some adjusting of his kit, and thats the more abilities Loki uses, the more effective his abilities become. At least in certain ways. Like Decoy? Instead of creating a Decoy of yourself, your Decoy is a Loki but with extra Decoys accompanying it. Grabbing more enemy attention, being more durable. Give each ability some sort of small buff that can be gradually buffed a little, up until a point (could be efficiency or range, or something else more interesting etc). 

Sort of like the idea that his trickster ways, illusions, tricks get more powerful and disarming like he is feeding off the chaos he brings upon the enemies. As well as encourage some abilities that people may neglect even if its to feed into buffing invisibility etc 

Granted at that point it may not be viewed as merely a passive, but hey, dream passive right?