Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Whispers in the Wall (and beyond Q&A)

(XBOX)Cram Duahcim

Fair amount of interesting stuff:  https://wccftech.com/warframe-whispers-in-the-walls-and-beyond-qa-with-creative-director-rebecca-ford/

Highlights for me:

• Saving progress in endless
  • Reducing bile costs for shard removal
  • 5 new Incarnon Adapters
  • Some ideas for frame reworks, one will be coming in 2024, but no firm plans yet.
  • No modular Archwing

edit: I missed the already existing thread about this here:

Edited by Tiltskillet
  • Like 4

19 minutes ago, o0Despair0o said:

God forbid we have an actual choice other than Amesha or Odonata Prime.

"Highlights" as in particularly noteworthy details rather than details I'm most pleased about, if that wasn't clear.  Not that a re-announcement of modular archwing on its own would have gotten my hype motor past first gear or  anything.

I'm super pleased about "Saving Progress in Endless" (Almost entirely because of  bad host migrations in Circuit and the side-effects on player behavior these cause.) and happy they're lowering bile costs at least.

I'm glad to hear more Incarnon are coming, but I hope it doesn't mean that only 5 are coming in 2024.  Similarly I'm glad they've got ideas for frame reworks, but I'm hoping for at least two next year.

There were other noteworthy things too, but I just picked out the things that interested me the most.

Edited by Tiltskillet
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, o0Despair0o said:

See that actual nuke on Elytra? Yeah, Dagath's 4 deals like 20+ times the damage. I mean, come on.

THAT is the fault of flaws in the modding system. Namely scaling differences. Abilities need absurd power creep to keep up with the fact that almost any basic weapon mod will outstrip dedicating an entire build to power strength if they have even remotely similar base damage.

• Like 1

Just a heads up that this might get folded/merged into this thread which is about the very same Interview that was posted earlier.

It was a pretty good interview, most of OP's highlights are mine as well, am curious to see what the Incarnons will be. Am hoping will be Tigris, Sybaris. Also interesting to hear we will get a fist weapon soon. I wonder if it might be an Infested Lich weapon. Though that might be later on. 

1 minute ago, Tesla_Reloaded said:

Please, no! I don't want to return to the Circuit! Anything but this awful, buggy mess!

Even if they're saving Circuit progress at that point? 

For me it would be one of the best game modes if it weren't for bugs causing progress halts.  So I'm really pleased about that.

4 minutes ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

Doh! I looked around but missed that entirely.   I'll /report myself.

• Like 1

4 минуты назад, Tiltskillet сказал:

For me it would be one of the best game modes if it weren't for bugs causing progress halts.  So I'm really pleased about that.

The progress saving will be only a slight improvement, considering all other annoying bugs that still present in the game mode (corrupted jackal bugging out, people getting pulled back into the loading zone or getting stuck in operator mode, host migration messing everything up and so on). It's like putting a band aid over a huge bleeding wound.

Edited by Tesla_Reloaded

17 minutes ago, Tesla_Reloaded said:

The progress saving will be only a slight improvement, considering all other annoying bugs that still present in the game mode (corrupted jackal bugging out, people getting pulled back into the loading zone or getting stuck in operator mode, host migration messing everything up and so on). It's like putting a band aid over a huge bleeding wound.

True, but I haven't given up on them fixing more Circuit bugs.  (Like, if they're not working on Jackal, they need to be sued for Dev malpractice.)  And I'd say that if these new Incarnon are attached to Circuit, it makes it even more likely bugs get fixed than if it were dead content.

I have given up on them fixing every host migration issue though, so for me this is probably the most important step they could make.  Hopefully it's coming soon and it actually works.

Edited by Tiltskillet

5 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

Yes because every new 5 Incarnons blows the rotation out another week.

Seems DE continues to wind down in releases, with planned content looking less exciting and cobbled together. WF1999 after Tennocon, some needless powercreep with no real opposition to it (Incarnon weapons, Archon Shard fusion stuff), some acknowledgements for things DE doesn't love and might look into (won't hold my breath)), acknowledgement of crappy mechanics they won't look into... 2024 looking rather barren and DE looking rather lack-lustre in passion, creativity and goals.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Loza03 said:

THAT is the fault of flaws in the modding system. Namely scaling differences. Abilities need absurd power creep to keep up with the fact that almost any basic weapon mod will outstrip dedicating an entire build to power strength if they have even remotely similar base damage.

TBH I've kind of wished that one of the archon shard bonuses was 'converts x% of ability damage to True damage.'

It's so bemusing that sometimes the best way to get Warframe abilities to actually kill stuff outside of a full armor strip is using stacking global damage Circuit decrees.

I mean, I guess the other thing they could do is do a complete Status 3.0+enemy armor/EHP refactor, but considering Pablo just continues to slap viral on sh*t that doesn't make sense thematically, I think DE has just accepted that this is how status works forever now. 

4 hours ago, ShogunGunshow said:

TBH I've kind of wished that one of the archon shard bonuses was 'converts x% of ability damage to True damage.'

It's so bemusing that sometimes the best way to get Warframe abilities to actually kill stuff outside of a full armor strip is using stacking global damage Circuit decrees.

I mean, I guess the other thing they could do is do a complete Status 3.0+enemy armor/EHP refactor, but considering Pablo just continues to slap viral on sh*t that doesn't make sense thematically, I think DE has just accepted that this is how status works forever now. 

Yeah, but we can dream, right? Of a game that has its internal maths sorted out, opening more design space for more weapons and playstyles...

8 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

What's your complaint, exactly?  If you just dislike Circuit gameplay, fine, but Tesla and I were talking about bugs making it unpleasant.

On 2023-12-11 at 6:26 AM, Tesla_Reloaded said:

Please, no! I don't want to return to the Circuit! Anything but this awful, buggy mess!

On 2023-12-11 at 6:32 AM, Tiltskillet said:

On 2023-12-11 at 11:49 AM, L3512 said:

Yes because every new 5 Incarnons blows the rotation out another week.