The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New War railjack mission

Helo_Prime

Ok, so I just started the New War quest. And I got to the railjack mission. I haven't done anything with my railjack so its level 0. I can't get past it. I just keep dying to fast. Am I just stuck? If I fight. I die. If i just try to run it. I die. Is there ANYTHING I can do?

i just got done playing as Veso. Then it puts you in your railjack. I didn't know I'd be using it. So I haven't done anything with it. So now I just keep dying over and over and I can't progress. If I knew I'd need to upgrade it. I wouldn't have started the New War quest. This is really frustrating. 

9 hours ago, Helo_Prime said:

...I haven't done anything with my railjack so its level 0...

Huh?

10 hours ago, Helo_Prime said:

...so I just started the New War quest...

WHYYYY? You are now locked out of the game and they are not doing account resets!

10 hours ago, Helo_Prime said:

I haven't done anything with my railjack so its level 0

Well honestly that kind of your own fault.

I mean, I get it. Some people don't care for RJ. But you started a quest that requires a RJ, and now you complain that the RJ you never even touched isn't up for the task. You really only got yourself to blame for that.

• Like 2

Time for you to start watching videos on how to play Railjack I guess. You'll probably have to keep trying to brute force it while getting good at last second hull breach repairs. But it is entirely possible to complete in that state.

Unfortunately you have only yourself to blame for going through the process of getting a Railjack and proceeding to not touch it even once afterwards. Then jumping into the quest that specifically asked for it.

On 2023-12-22 at 4:29 PM, Venus-Venera said:

"are you sure" is without precise information about what awaits the player, it is absolutely wrong and pointless.

Except this particular screen describes specifically, that it will involve rj content, and cannot be returned to the base game untill finished.

Sometimes I feel like expecting players to read their warnings is "wrong and pointless"...

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

it is a trap, i have never seen a quest in any game that i ever played in my entire life that won't let you start over/exit the quest. there is no excuse for the game to not add the "cancel" option, it is on purpose.

my suggestion would be take a rest and then see tutorial on youtube on how to do it, and if you are still stuck then i heavily suggest to try a different game or just create another account

On 2023-12-22 at 7:50 AM, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

if not... I guess you'll just have to make a new account lol, and remember to upgrade the railjack this time. 

Terrible terrible advice, but it’s the only other option. The New War screwed many players, this is another victim. 
Edit: I just realized this is a bumped thread

On 2023-12-21 at 10:02 PM, Helo_Prime said:

Ok, so I just started the New War quest. And I got to the railjack mission. I haven't done anything with my railjack so its level 0. I can't get past it. I just keep dying to fast. Am I just stuck? If I fight. I die. If i just try to run it. I die. Is there ANYTHING I can do?

Any luck getting past this?

Edited by Aruquae

• 4 weeks later...

I'm in the same situation now. When I got the rj I hated using it, so I didn't touch it again. The warning before the quest does not mention that it requires rj at all, otherwise I would have upgraded it. (Seriously I read that warning over several times and even waited for a few days before playing so I'd have the time to play. No rj mentioned.) I knew this was going to be hard but you can't seriously blame players that didn't upgrade the rj before this. I do feel they need to update the warning to mention the rj. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, (NSW)Dragonofthe5ea5 said:

I'm in the same situation now. When I got the rj I hated using it, so I didn't touch it again. The warning before the quest does not mention that it requires rj at all, otherwise I would have upgraded it. (Seriously I read that warning over several times and even waited for a few days before playing so I'd have the time to play. No rj mentioned.) I knew this was going to be hard but you can't seriously blame players that didn't upgrade the rj before this. I do feel they need to update the warning to mention the rj. 

Tenno. Not all is lost. You can do it. Just keep shooting and moving. Your mission does not end here. <3

• 2 months later...

I'm in the exact situation. To all the people who said there is a warning about using rj, I did not see anything about using rj in this quest. Like many of the players, I also have not upgraded my rj because I got it and didn't like it all that much so I didn't mess with it. I'm going to continue trying, though. I don't want to start over again.

I think the game needs some safety locks. Like with the New War, the game checks if your Railjack and Necramech are build and modded. If there isn't a basic set of mods on either of them, you can't start the mission.

Same with Eidolon hunts on Cetus: Stop! You aren't ready yet. Go finish your star map before you return here.