Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is it time to change Archon mods to trigger from weapon damage/kills?

Traumtulpe

Look, nobody is using these:

ArchonFlowMod.pngArchonContinuityMod.png

There *is no* warframe that kills with Cold abilities. There *is no* warframe that can use Corrosive procs on Toxin abilities. Can we all just agree that these mods would be great if they worked with weapon damage, and get DE to fix them? Please?

• Like 8

i don't think it's appropriate if these Mods counted any Damage, as then there wouldn't be any situational choosing of the Mods, you'd just always be using them.
these Mods being for Abilities keeps them interesting choices rather than just universal powercreep. it is more interesting to sometimes or even most of the time be saying "i can't use this", than to always be saying "i can use this".

it makes the times when you can use it something you've actively chosen/built for.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, taiiat said:

it makes the times when you can use it something you've actively chosen/built for

I don't think you read the part where I said "there is no frame that kills with Cold abilities". Because there isn't one. So there is no time when you'd build for Archon Flow.

Edited by Traumtulpe

3 minutes ago, Traumtulpe said:

I don't think you read the part where I said "there is no frame that kills with Cold abilities". Because there isn't one. So there is no time when you'd build for Archon Flow.

i get the joke, but those Warframes do still exist and they can have their toys.

Continuity works okay, though Flow really needs a buff. it's not allowed to trigger often enough and so the Energy cost to trigger it is going to tend to be quite unreasonable.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Traumtulpe said:

Look, nobody is using these:

ArchonFlowMod.pngArchonContinuityMod.png

There *is no* warframe that kills with Cold abilities. There *is no* warframe that can use Corrosive procs on Toxin abilities. Can we all just agree that these mods would be great if they worked with weapon damage, and get DE to fix them? Please?

It's prime mods you don't have to wait for basically.

They cost a bit more but have a little gimmick attached. The gimmick is bad because not a lot of frames have abilities that qualify not because of the mechanics.

Probably why you aren't showing Archon Vitality.

All in all these are ok. They're not "warm coat" or "ammo drum" useless

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Traumtulpe said:

There *is no* warframe that can use Corrosive procs on Toxin abilities.

You can make Mesa's regulators full armor strip using this mod and a couple emerald shards. It's quite useful.

Prior to emerald shards existing, getting 2 procs out of 1 is a pivotal boost on lavos for increasing the number of procs, as his 4 basically has a CO effect and scales heavily with how primed the enemies are. Saves you an entire cast, which is a large benefit for him considering the cooldowns.

• Like 7

And the joke about Lavos reducing his damage to 1/3 or less so he can get an energy orb (maybe!) that he doesn't need wasn't very good either.

2 minutes ago, Nobodys-Perfect said:

You can make Mesa's regulators full armor strip using this mod and a couple emerald shards. It's quite useful.

Isn't that a bug though? If I recall correctly DE removed some interaction between Archon mods and (pseudo) exalted weapons a while back. Anyhow, would be nice if they worked on all weapons, not just exalted ones.

Edited by Traumtulpe

2 minutes ago, Traumtulpe said:

Isn't that a bug though? If I recall correctly DE removed some interaction between Archon mods and (pseudo) exalted weapons a while back. Anyhow, would be nice if they worked on all weapons, not just exalted ones.

Regulators being exalted is a bit of an odd one anyway. They feel and work mechanically more like they're coded as an ability than an exalted weapon - they have that status just so you can customize the elemental damage they do.

If it's a bug, fixing it would make these archon mods even less useful, and it's not a particularly extreme benefit, just a nice build option.

• Like 1

People will and actually already pulled some totally impractical examples to argue changes are not necessary. 0.76% of players use Lavos (according to 2022 [DE]ncent stat) and will use cold and toxin damage on abilities therefore the mods are useful. Players are widely known to build cold and toxin damage on exalted weapons. Yes yes. 1.13% of players will use Frost and spam abilities to kill for 10% chance of an extra energy orb. Totally common gameplay phenomenon.

Edited by Marvelous_A
  • Like 6

2 minutes ago, Marvelous_A said:

People will and actually already pulled some totally impractical examples to argue changes are not necessary.

Even without the latter part of the text they're still slightly less good prime mods. Why do they need more power?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tombsite said:

Even without the latter part of the text they're still slightly less good prime mods. Why do they need more power?

[DE]ncent decided they could use more power, not us, and they also decided they would do a sloppy job at that. Waste of development resources.

• Like 1

Seriously, the things the communitu don’t use is like basically the whole game; it’s not like the greater community actually does anything fun or seeks out the situational cases that’s not blowing everything up and turning the game off, which lost its interest long ago.

Let them stick to their whatever optimal choices they want to live in, they’re not interested in mixing anything up and I’m not interested in every mod becoming popular with the majority when the majority suffer a lack of imagination

• Like 2

No no, let's get serious people, Frost does *not* kill anything with Cold abilities. He just doesn't. It's not a quirky odd build or something, it's not a thing at all. No warframe kills enemies with Cold abilities, period.

Just now, xXtiggyXx said:

But i am using these for excal ... his 4th ability can trigger them.

That's an exalted weapon. Would be great if all weapons could use these mods.

• Like 1

vor 1 Minute schrieb Traumtulpe:

No no, let's get serious people, Frost does *not* kill anything with Cold abilities. He just doesn't. It's not a quirky odd build or something, it's not a thing at all. No warframe kills enemies with Cold abilities, period.

That's an exalted weapon. Would be great if all weapons could use these mods.

looks like i miss read your post , well that would be fine i guess .

• Like 1

Assuming they work for all weapons, Archon Vitality would definitely be more frequently used, because heat is a really good status effect and being able to proc it twice in one go would be very powerful, potentially busted if you use high status weapons like Kuva Nukor.

Archon Continuity would definitely make toxin builds more viable with being able to proc toxin as well. The Cedo and any secondary with Secondary Encumber would become extremely good, potentially even busted, both in terms of damage and utility (free energy generation from electric procs and occasional energy orbs from cold, but i'd assume you'd actually need to kill enemies with cold damage, not merely proc it so people would need to build for cold damage on their weapons, so Archon Flow might not see much use either unless you're intentionally building for cold damage). If they also applied to sentinel weapons, then the Verglas would be extremely broken. Viral + Heat builds already melt high level enemies thanks to it's very high status chance, imagine having the Verglas proc heat at double the rate. 

I'm all for the archon mods being buffed, but i can easily imagine some weapons being potentially game-breaking if they applied to all weapons.

• Like 1