Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Whispers in the Walls: Gauss Prime: Hotfix 35.0.9

[DE]Megan

21 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

I'm all for more difficulty in the game, but random crits and headshots on players  are  a notoriously unsatisfying way to handle it.  And of course it would have had the most  negative impact on builds that weren't exploiting invulnerability, invisibility, or Mesmer Skin.  Healers, damage mitigators, and jump-arounders can use the boost.

Moreover its removal should make calibrating difficulty easier for DE as well as players.   Will DE actually treat this as a step back in order to take two steps forward?  I don't know, but it's a promising change.

I don't agree. Crit hits are just a form of damage variance, and a core part of how damage and weapons work in the Warframe universe. It is totally and completely ridiculous that with the same weapons, in the same fight, in the same game universe, we can score critical hits on enemies but they can't score critical hits on us. It has nothing to do with "satisfaction", as anyone achieving satisfaction from that is a cheat. Because that is what it actually is. Cheating, pure and simple. Even if it is DE cheating on our behalf. It is definitely not how I envision a Space Ninja, a Tenno, a famous war machine of death and destruction.

Considering our total over-poweredness and all the other cheats in our favor, it feels downright shameful. How do anyone square this with Teshin's talk about "honor"? I could list quote after quote, and they would just sound completely ridiculous too, with this taken into account. Where is the "honor" and "skill" in relying on systematic cheats in order to manage? Anyone getting satisfaction out of that does not have a clue about "honor".

I didn't need this, I don't want this, I don't want to have anything to do with this. So now that this has been put into the game, what are my options? There is no toggle for "I want to deactivate the no enemy crit patch". It becomes quite simple, really, doesn't it, in the end. The honorable choice even, in a way.

I don't know what's going on, but this patch and the very last patch are transferring at like WF 1999 speeds for me (56 kbits... remember dial-up?).

What gives man? OK, last time it really was 7-8 KB/s going all the way down to bytes per second. This time it's a little less painful!

Spoiler

RSvtorw.jpg

Is this the new norm for all patches going forward? Waiting 20-30 minutes to download something like 12 MB? The screenshot is actually the second thing its transferring... I was motivated to post this when I noticed it needed to transfer something else (after waiting for the first thing to transfer to finish!). And now it's "Checking for new content" ... forever! Update: Looks like "new content" is 80 MB (and now it's transferring at 3MB/s ... huh?!?).

I do foresee the wave of "Oh, git good Internet!" posts... to that, I give you speedtest.net (bottleneck through Wi-Fi):

Spoiler

54qN9Gd.jpg

I can't wait for the next multi-gigabyte major update!

Edited by nslay
Speedtest should be in a spoiler block.

I dont get it. Why are the alt helmet, floof, and noggle "bonus items limited to the accessories pack." But will also be in Varzias shop when his resurgence comes up?

What differentiates those items from the other accessories that aren't considered bonus items? Dont get me wrong, they absolutely should be purchasable when his resurgence happens, but marketing them as "Limited bonus items" if there is no difference between the other items just seems like deceptive marketing.

Also on the topic of Prime noggles. I don't believe last years prime noggles were given out this year. At least I have yet to get my wisp prime noggle even though I purchased her full pack.

7 hours ago, Horonelius said:

Stropha is still bugged to hell and barely worth using.

THIS again. I have invested so much into a weapon I love just for it to be disregarded for the last two patches. Bug fixes are supposed to fix bugs. This is a bug that needs to be fixed.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Graavarg said:

-snip-

Enemies also get to scale to the point where their flat damage alone can one shot you no matter how tanky you get, even if you build nothing but tank mods on a tank frame. And there is 50 of them and 1 of you. I think it is a good change. Do we get scaling armor and hp? No. Rather the issue be "did i strategize correctly or not" instead of "i just got randomly deleted for no reason". It happens rarely but I think I've had it happen 3 times over years where I just died even with 90% damage reduction in lv200 SP for apparently no reason; but now i figure some mob landed a lucky stray shot that happen to hit my head and crit while i was mid bullet jump

• Like 4

11 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:
  • Fixed Nyx’s Chaos Sphere ring VFX appearing as a very thin line.

Whatever you did for this, also broke Nova's Molecular Prime (again). A few hotfixes ago ya'll had accidentally fixed it (which was appreciated, even if nobody said anything), but now it's broken yet again. It's very hard to see anything through the massively oversized particle effect, and I'm sure everyone else in the squad is none too thrilled to have their vision interfered with as well. Please, can you fix it again?

Also, to clarify, I'm referring specifically to the massive horizontal ring (for the past few hotfixes, it's been a nice and tight/thin ring like it's supposed to be). The various small particles that fly around everywhere at random angles (basically a bunch of Null Star trails) are still normal and do NOT need to be fixed.

Edited by Hexerin

I'm not upset now. 

I'M FURIOUS BEYOND COMPREHENSION.

This needs to be added to the "Known Issue" List, because if I accidentally nudge my controller, or swap to my mouse too fast again, ONLY TO HAVE TO ALT+F4, LOG BACK IN, AND NOW TO SEE MY CONFIGS ARE ALL RESET (WHICH IS NEW, APPARENTLY), I'm actually just going to consistently remind everyone about this. 

Imgur photo of my Config A removed. No, I'm not lying in case someone's gonna pull it apart with the "Oh, you just removed them" sort of schtick. 

https://imgur.com/gallery/FNeuz1p

All three of my Gauss Prime's configs were wiped upon relog, not to mention having to relog ANYWAY due to this

I won't link the forum post again, as I already did earlier in the day, but I have it in the comment of the imgur photo. 

5 times today... 5 TIMES including just 10 minutes ago when it just removed all of my mods

Add this to the Known Issue List.

Edited by Halo
Further Clarification

3 hours ago, Graavarg said:

I don't agree. Crit hits are just a form of damage variance, and a core part of how damage and weapons work in the Warframe universe. It is totally and completely ridiculous that with the same weapons, in the same fight, in the same game universe, we can score critical hits on enemies but they can't score critical hits on us. It has nothing to do with "satisfaction", as anyone achieving satisfaction from that is a cheat. Because that is what it actually is. Cheating, pure and simple. Even if it is DE cheating on our behalf.

It is definitely not how I envision a Space Ninja, a Tenno, a famous war machine of death and destruction. As someone who obviously needs immersion-breaking cheats from some "Dev-nanny" from outside the game. Otherwise the poor sod will not feel "satisfied" enough? As I said, ridiculous. In the true meaning of that word. But I might have been wrong about "Babyframe", as "Crutchframe" might actually be more fitting.

Considering our total over-poweredness and all the other cheats in our favor, it feels downright shameful. How do anyone square this with Teshin's talk about "honor"? I could list quote after quote, and they would just sound completely ridiculous too, with this taken into account. Where is the "honor" and "skill" in relying on systematic cheats in order to manage? Anyone getting satisfaction out of that does not have a clue about "honor".

I didn't need this, I don't want this, I don't want to have anything to do with this. So now that this has been put into the game, what are my options? There is no toggle for "I want to deactivate Tenno cheating". It becomes quite simple, really, doesn't it, in the end. The honorable choice even, in a way.

Enemies also get to scale to the point where their flat damage alone can one shot you no matter how tanky you get, even if you build nothing but tank mods on a tank frame. And there is 50 of them and 1 of you. I think it is a good change. Do we get scaling armor and hp? No. Rather the issue be "did i strategize correctly or not" instead of "i just got randomly deleted for no reason". It happens rarely but I think I've had it happen 3 times over years where I just died even with 90% damage reduction in lv200 SP for apparently no reason; but now i figure some mob landed a lucky stray shot that happen to hit my head and crit while i was mid bullet jump

Hey DE, quick question:

image.png?ex=65bb8912&is=65a91412&hm=d93

Where in the god damn hell is the Auto-Melee Toggle?

I know I keep asking on a bunch of patch notes.
... and I'm going to keep asking for the single-digit minute fix because- unless I'm missing something- this should've been done to begin with.
It's a simple change, you don't even need to keep it in the Warframe Mobile build. (which we all know is why you even added it) 
I doubt the target audience will care to check. If your current users can't be bothered to check it, I don't think the infamous "Mobile Gaming" ones will even know about it.

Than again, you did add this voice line-- so perhaps I should just make enough alt-accounts until it's all you CAN hear.
Not that it'd be a good use of my time... or a fun one, but your company is not exactly easy to work with and if THAT'S what it takes? Dear god, that's a level of deaf not even a panacea can fix.

image.png?ex=65bb5f45&is=65a8ea45&hm=d9c

So uhhh... y'know, I could do that OR I could bring a sledgehammer or two until the ringing is not just in my head.
Your move, again.

11 hours ago, nslay said:

I don't know what's going on, but this patch and the very last patch are transferring at like WF 1999 speeds for me (56 kbits... remember dial-up?).

This usually happens when the CDN it's getting your content from is being overwhelmed or having issues. I usually recommend people briefly use a VPN to switch to another one (since you can't select which one and it's done for you based on I presume latency), and that works like 99% of the time. I'm not sure why the launcher can't detect there's clearly a network bottleneck (i.e. attempt to download from a few servers, or more intelligently determine when to check other ones if the speed is below a certain threshold) or just let the user choose one themselves, but this usually happens for hyped updates (of which Gauss Prime seems to be one) when a lot of people download at once.

• Like 1

rework Gauss's Mach Crash (Mach Rush Skill Augment) to work like it was shown in the prime trailer, instead of creating a vortex at impact, you would release a frontal (cone shaped) shockwave that damages enemies when you deactivate mach rush while running.

damage and/or range would scale of sprint speed to match the skill's speed scaling.

Il y a 21 heures, [DE]Megan a dit :

Fixed an additional +25% (+37% for Tauforged) applying on top of the Violet Archon Shard’s “Gain +25%/+37% Melee Critical Damage. When max Energy is over 500, the damage boost doubles” embed bonus. 

• This bug caused the bonus to exceed well beyond its intended and described values. To break it down, when below 500 Energy the Shard granted +50%/ +74% and when above 500 it granted +75%/+111% (resulted from +25%/+37% applying on top of the intended +50%/+74%). As far as we can tell, this bug has been live since the release of the Violet Archon Shard in the Whispers in the Walls update, so we understand if this fix is disappointing for those who have been using it in this state since then. But in the interest of properly executing the intended bonuses as outlined in the UI, we have restored it to its original design. 

UI is still bug in the arsenal. I don't know what crit damage value is good, it's so confusing...

vor 20 Stunden schrieb tel__arin:

is positioned wrong on volt, is higher than it shows on prime resurgence product. 

I think this may be a misunderstanding. The Prime Resurgence page shows Volt Prime wearing his Volt Prime Armor, not Edo Prime.
From what I can see, the Edo Prime Armor offsets are the same as in older marketing material.

Father’s dialogue is STILL bugged and has been for over a month now. I don’t know why the kids got theirs fixed but his didn’t. 

I’m begging you guys, please fix this. I visit him whenever I play the game and it’s kinda heartbreaking at this point he’s gone from his Rank 5 lines back to Unranked.

You know, making Lith R5 (top part being Rev Prime Blueprint) a new relic for Gauss and his weapons, and making it succeed Lith R4 (top part being Rev Prime) is making it extremely easy for people to scam others on radhsares. I just got out of a team that strictly said "Lith R5 Radshare" and EVERYONE ELSE on the team put R4. It's an off by 1 "mistake" that you only pick if you're really distrustful of strangers (not something I expected to need to be on a recruiting for help board, but here we are).

2 hours ago, [DE]Purzzle said:

I think this may be a misunderstanding. The Prime Resurgence page shows Volt Prime wearing his Volt Prime Armor, not Edo Prime.
From what I can see, the Edo Prime Armor offsets are the same as in older marketing material.

As I show in this post, these are my screenshots of the armor in volt prime. 

1 hour ago, tel__arin said:

As I show in this post, these are my screenshots of the armor in volt prime. 

I'll happily add to this: 

Every Single Volt Skin has this issue EXCEPT the Volt Proto Skin and the Electrolyst, where it properly aligns with the bicep

Proto Skin Which Aligns Fine: https://imgur.com/gallery/MFEeK8e

A Handful Of Examples Where it does NOT Align Properlyhttps://imgur.com/gallery/LYnxDQi

Does this affect both biceps? Yes, I just chose to focus on one side. 

Edited by Halo
Electrolyst Addition
  • Like 1

Okay, bit of time later, taking a proper look at the comments. Let's see what we can add...

On 2024-01-17 at 12:12 PM, Damocles said:

Any chance we can fix projectile punch through not working on specific walls and textures?

DE: "Best I can give is a 'Have you tried buying our deluxe package?', my good sir!"

Jab aside, you're more likely to get an entire "Punch-Through Rework" rather than that.
... and considering how much work that will take? Yeah, don't expect it anytime soon.

My best advice is to find some common ground between what does and doesn't work.
... only to pray anyway because DE's code is about as consistent as the Observer Theory in Quantum Physics.
(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Observer_(quantum_physics) for clarity, TLDR: "The moment you look away, it changes completely")

On 2024-01-17 at 12:24 PM, Dr.Membrane said:

Where is the promised Loki decoy Augment in that update? Cant see it anywhere in the notes.

Don't worry, it's coming with Channeling and Modular Archwings.

On 2024-01-17 at 12:37 PM, dimerapis said:

If the specification is not stable, shouldn't a disassembly system be implemented?

See, you made the mistake of assume DE would think of that.
... or try to implement it if they did.
Nah, they're too busy working on the fog engine.
(Next time it's going to an unapologetic attempt at crashing my PC via particles. It's no longer fun to look at when the mission itself is obnoxious, DE!!)

I'm still annoyed by the lack of toggle on Auto-Melee.
It's already cost me a few missions as is via bugs-- regardless of """Accessibility""".
Accessibility is cool and all, but when it comes at the cost of gameplay for literally everyone else, than it's just pandering.

It would take such a tiny amount of time to implement and would only get more difficult to do so as time goes on, but apparently it's a "low-priority".
Yeah, a "low-priority" until it's getting increasingly annoying and they have to go in and fix it anyway. Than it's a matter of "I told you so!"
Getting real tired of repeating myself though...

Point is, you'd think it'd be obvious- and while you're right- DE doesn't work that way.
We are the Quality Assurance and the Customer at the same time.
That is generally a no-no. Warframe is the example as to why.

On 2024-01-17 at 1:36 PM, -MElHiOR- said:

Nothing with Netracell fluf reward?

Bruh

b5e606c69407f504690d92d656ef44f7.jpg

... well, so I'm told anyway. People were wondering why I wasn't fond of the update on launch.
Gee, it's like I didn't have to look very far to find the issues.

Murmur is cool and all-- but there's nothing in a Netracell warranting the "Very Hard" difficulty tag except vague mockery.
Though- as you can probably guess- vague mockery does seem fitting considering the drop tables we were given.

Just another day at Digital "working as intended" Extremes.

23 hours ago, Xenoxic said:

Cool but can you also fix Eclipse not working on the new tilestets?

The day DE fixes Eclipse is the day we open portals to other planes of existence in a way that's affordable for the average person.

That ability is so infamously broken that you could probably make a case study on that ONE ability for an actual academic document.
And if anybody gets the idea to do so from this statement? By all means, give it a go. I'd love to see it.

I am STILL baffled to this day on how Eclipse somehow boosted a Scanner's Scanning Speed of all things.
Eclipse, which has either a "Damage Resistance" buff or a "Damage Boost" buff at any given time... somehow boosted SCANNING SPEED.
I have to say this thrice for good measure. IT HAD NO WAY TO BOOST THE SPEED OF SCANNERS IN ANY LOGICAL CAPACITY, YET IT DID.

This game is held together by the same things holding Cloud's Buster Sword together.
... that or they're using actual meat for their server-rooms. Latter seems more fitting somehow.

23 hours ago, PR1D3 said:

...What? Did I read that right? Enemies effectively had stock versions of our weapons (coding wise) and thus could actually crit.

You know, I gotta remember that things like this only makes direct sense to me by experience in many games...

DE seems to love reusing the same enemy assets for such an ungodly long time.
It makes sense that if they just wanna make a "new" enemy, they just slap a new texture on it and give it a new gun.
They wouldn't need to code a new gun, just give it one that already exists. The rigging might need to adjusted slightly, but it's possible.
Hell, I could argue it's fully possible to PLAY as the enemies if you put the "player control" parameter on them. We already do that with "Transference"  both in canon and actual gameplay sooo....

This is also why a long long time ago (like a few years back), there was an interaction with the Halikar where you can take a whole Battalyst arm right off and use it as a gun.
Of course, DE patched that out... or so they thought, because remnants of that code still exists in the game.
Nothing ever gets removed in this game. See also: Channeling done by Junction Specters, Auto-Melee triggering the old Void Blast, etc, etc.
You can still disarm Specters under friendly fire and that one Index Broker with the Dual Cestra.
This quirk has been around longer than I've been playing (little over 5 years).
While it's disabled if you're hit by a Radiation Proc, the reason it even HAS this code at all is because it's the same Halikar that the Drahk Masters use.
... Drahk Masters being the Grineer with the "Drahk" Kubrows, who are the only generic enemies capable of disarming the player.
(Other instances of player disarming are Sister Hounds or the Loki-Specter from the Silver Grove. More exist, of course... but this is to show that it's usually very rare to see.)

Personally? I'm more annoyed that DE doesn't use this system more often.
There's no reason literally every Lancer in a given area has to use the EXACT SAME Grakata.
Hell, as far as I'm aware? There's nothing preventing a Grineer from disarming you and using your own gun against you.
(Not that it'd be hard to implement a lore snippet, literally just the "ID locking" bit from Dark Sector would do.)

At the same time, why can't I use disarmed enemy weapons?
It'd be a fun challenge to try running through a mission using ONLY weapons I've looted off of enemies.
More fun than whatever Netracells is currently doing anyway.

These mechanics could result in a more interesting game, but DE said:
"Nah, Steel Path. Make everything have bigger health bars. That's difficulty babyyyy!"
... and than I sneeze on a Lancer and it dies all the same.

Granted, is this an issue that could be fixed in a single update? PFFFFT-- not in the slightest! Have you seen how long it takes DE to do basic fixes?
Would addressing it at all be nice? Yeah. Very nice actually.

22 hours ago, Xkore98 said:

It would really great if we had a proper list of enemies which was acutally effected by it. Because its very vague right now. (Like its effect every enemy or just a few like Bombards or those REALLY annoying Thrax enemies.) 

It'd be amazing if we could also figure out their damage types and the base values of each without having to visit the Wiki.
... or worse, find it out manually via some ungodly complex math and a lot of guesswork.

Oh yeah, by the way? That's something the game never tells you.
Just like how our Grakatas have IPS? Theirs do too.
Except- for some reason- sometimes it's different from ours and it's never clear when it is.

This is also why I dislike running Adaptation.
Since it can only account for 3 of any given damage type and you have to get hit to replenish it.
To get decent use out of it? You have to intentionally get hit.
So you either...

• You get hit and die, because you're trying to upkeep Adaptation.
    • Not only is this redundant, but it's also perfect for baiting stupid players.
    • Sure, you could activate Shield-Gate... but at that point, just use your shields normally.
      • Just save yourself the mod slot, put in Redirection or something else.
    • Hell, you could use Aviator instead-- which actively encourages the player to be moving around in the air.
      • This not only increases their survivability, but increases their engagement as well.
      • Engagement that Warframe is desperately lacking.
  • You get hit and don't care, because you're already invincible.
    • At that point, it's not only redundant... it's just stupid in the most overkill way.
    • The sad part is I've seen builds that say "Give your Revenant Adaptation!"
      • Like... bruh, he's already invincible.
      • How much more survivability do you need?!
      • Level 1 Lancer or Level 9999 Lancer, it will not matter when you take 0 damage and deal all damage.
    • ... and people wonder why I call Warframe easy.

I swear, if it weren't for the Wiki Team? This game would not have survived in the SLIGHTEST.
Try finding any decent information on this game without the Wiki. You can't and that's the facts.

At least the retro games would have the audacity to TRY and teach the player, even with subtle hints if all else.
"What does this ability do? I dunno, guess. (:" - DE, probably.

22 hours ago, BladeTZ said:

Removal of Duplicate Ephemeras when!?!?!??!

Probably the same day they let me sell all my Stalker Sigils.

image.png?ex=65bbd789&is=65a96289&hm=9ca

Would you believe me if I said there used to be a LOT more?
No, I don't know where they went and that bothers me more actually.

It implies somebody had the power- and went through with it- to remove all the excess sigils.
... only to stop at an arbitrary number of them, leave no explanation as to why or how and than never finished the job.

They didn't even give me to power to do the rest myself, god damn jerk.

Oh well.

21 hours ago, Graavarg said:

Warframe being such a difficult and harsh game that the developer felt the need to remove the ability to crit from our enemies is...  it is...  well...

Is this an alternate reality or something?

You know that trope where some characters in a story are thinking "Are we the bad guys?"
That, but try "Are we in the bad future?" instead.
Welcome to 2024, it's only getting worse from here!

Obvious jabs aside, I don't think enemies being able to Crit is really that much of a big deal.
Honestly, the fact that OUR crits are tied to RNG only gets tolerable because we're at the point where it's just silly amounts of it.

Now, things like "Eximus Enemies draining too much of Revenant's Mesmer Skin" getting him buffed to prevent that?
All while Limbo over in the corner is still curb-stomped with the Nerf boots because of a mechanic that not even DE understands?
Yeah, DE. No wonder we're tired of it. You're making the game so easy that counting the rocks in my driveway gravel seems more entertaining.

It is totally and completely ridiculous that with the same weapons, in the same fight, in the same game universe, we can score critical hits on enemies but they can't score critical hits on us. It has nothing to do with "satisfaction", as anyone achieving satisfaction from that is a cheat. Because that is what it actually is. Cheating, pure and simple.

On the other hand? It does make for a great plot device that you could also use to make a quick passive jab at DE.

A Corpus Crewman that- in the midst of some Tenno's Survival mission- becomes aware enough of his situation to just...
Lower his gun, walk off before the players notice and say :
"I'm not getting paid enough to die here, because looking at this? I may as well be told to die. I can do better"

Only to find out that by doing so? He notices things are off.
The Corpus around him aren't questioning his actions, they aren't even asking for backup.
Any faces he can see are usually very stock-standard, they all have... the... exact same face.
His face.

Going crazy, trying to figure out the cause-- stumbles one way or another into finding out that a lot of the world has been skewed in the Tenno's favor.
"What kind of a mad god is there? What justice is there? These Tenno are given some god's direct blessing?!"
"This clearly isn't the Void-- this is something else, something far more sinister..."

... and with a little bit of ingenuity, finds a way to REALLY turn the tables.
The modding system.

If you think a Kuva Lich is bad, wait until you see what an enemy can do if given just a handful of the mods we got.

Where is the "honor" and "skill" in relying on systematic cheats in order to manage?

Something something "History is written by the victors".

... it's just that- coincidentally- the only """victors""" here are the people the biggest IRL wallets.
Funny how the Corpus aren't that much different from the marketing ideals we have today, huh?

16 hours ago, IggySnow said:

but marketing them as "Limited bonus items" if there is no difference between the other items just seems like deceptive marketing.

Because it is. Unapologetically no less.

Did you not see the fiasco with the Heirloom Pack?
That wasn't an accident, that was intentional.

That was calculated and planned marketing ploy.
People were hired, paid and set down at a table to figure out to exploit others.
... but that's nothing new. The suits have been doing for decades now.

Likewise, this isn't new for DE. They may say otherwise, but here we are.
What IS new is that they're slowly and surely getting less careful about it.

There's a reason people got exceedingly angry at DE for it.
There's also a reason why DE did their best to sweep it under the rug.
There's a very clear idea on where this is gonna be going as a result.
We all called, DE played their cards anyway-- literally who is surprised by this?
"You. Grineer in the back. Put your hand down, I know you didn't get what I just said."

15 hours ago, Redrigoth said:

Rather the issue be "did i strategize correctly or not" instead of "i just got randomly deleted for no reason".

You know what would help in fixing that?

If DE made more enemy variety, especially in their tactics and pathfinding.
I keep saying it because it really is just the best example of how utterly and profoundly stupid this whole thing is but...

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Undying_Flyer

This thing exists. It is used in ONE SINGULAR NODE in the entire Star Chart.
... and in that mission, you only get to see in the first phase where most players blitz through it.
I'm talking about the Zealoid Prelate node, by the way. A mission that most people avoid anyway.

They have a perfectly unique enemy that is 100% just fine to use in any generic Infested mission.
Only to have it waste away in a distant corner of the map where absolutely nobody gets to see it.

TO THIS DAY, I still haven't fully scanned this because I just can't seem to find one.

And what's DE's answer to that?
Steel Path. "+100 Levels, +100% Armor/Shields/Health, maybe a few Acolytes spawn".
That's it. Nothing else.

I swear, I've heard every excuse to defend DE under the sun from all sorts of players too.
Common ones include, but not limited to...

• "It's not a high priority, it might be unstable in other missions", oh-- but Jackal being in the Undercroft is MORE of a priority and MORE stable?
    • It was pretty common-ground to say "This is a bad idea DE, what are you doing?" just from looking at it.
    • Jackal was already infamous for being buggy as hell. Not only did this NOT fix that part, it only made it worse.
    • Jackal is ALSO infamous for being such a giant wall to newbies compared to- quite literally- the next 6 to 8 bosses.
      • Hell, compared to the Jackal? The next mandatory boss that may give a player hassle of any kind might be Alad V or Tyl Regor.
      • Even than, I'm not fully convinced. Alad V would only be difficult because of Warframe's infamous knack to teach players absolutely nothing.
      • Tyl Regor is just annoying for being absent half of the fight.
      • Lech Kril just takes forever and the rest are pretty much set to just be instantly killed.
      • This isn't counting """optional""" bosses like Lephantis, Zealoid Prelate, Raptors on Europa (yes, those are optional), etc.
  • "They may not have the budget for it" they literally drop thousands of dollars to host a whole convention for their game.
    • They charge real money for Prime Accessories, along with dozens of other monetization methods.
    • They actively drop money on charities.
    • Companies only do these things if nets them profit and BELIEVE ME-- they are very likely making enough profit.
    • Yes, people tell me this.
      • Yes, I mock them for it.
      • No, I don't feel bad about it.
      • Yes, you should mock them for being stupid too.
      • Yes, it's mandatory.
  • "It's a free game!"/"You're just being entitled." Okay? That doesn't mean they have to be stupid about developing it. You can have a free game and still make it good.
    • Plus, it's still monetized. If it were some small indie passion-project? Sure.
    • ... but it's a game that's been in development for 10 whole damn years.
    • They (should) know what they're doing by now.
    • I'm not concerned about the price of the game, the price was never a concern to me.
      • I'm concerned if there's actual humans developing it on some days because who the hell authorized half of this stuff?!
      • I have a hard time believing a human verified this, gave the greenlight and it went on.
      • ... much less a whole team universally agreeing on that.
    • Free game or not, I shouldn't have to tell them to do their job.

And more, of course.

Such simple fixes should be ungodly easy to make, but apparently DE works on the same logic these defenders do.
"Throw some lazy excuse until the money machine starts pumping again."

5 hours ago, TheEndgineer said:

I don't know what crit damage value is good, it's so confusing...

From how they're wording it?
There was apparently a second "bugged" boost that was giving double the intended value at all times, regardless if you met the Max Energy requirement.
When you got over 500 Max Energy, it would instead quadruple the buff.

... which doesn't really sound right, even now.
So I assume DE just wanted to half the value for whatever reason and came up with whatever excuse sounded best.

I can't be bothered to double check.
DE can't be bothered to make an Auto-Melee toggle, I'm surprised I've even bothering to play their game

2 hours ago, tel__arin said:

As I show in this post

You know, I REALLY wanted to make a joke about about how "it seems DE has the reading comprehension of the playerbase" because of their reply to your post-- but couldn't really find a way to even make it slightly humorous.

It really is just that obvious, huh?
I wouldn't mind it getting properly adjusted, but I also imagine DE would likely say "Well, it's been this long and there's many players who prefer it the current way so we're not gonna change it." regardless if anyone actually liked it that or they're learning to tolerate it.

Either way, I'm using my Lodestar Armor.
What's better than cosmetics you pay tons of money for?

Cosmetics you earn.
Though "earning" the Lodestar Armor is arguably trivial provided you can login for even a minute a cycle, it's still at least the closest we have to something actually testing the player I guess.

... that does make me wonder if we can get a purchasable cosmetic from the market like the Protovyre set or the Vashero Sekhara.
Except this one requires a ludicrous task like "Clear [X] mission 500k times" or something.
Kinda saying a "Yeah, the cosmetic is fine on it's own... but if you wanna go the extra mile? There's a bit extra in there!"
Gives the players a little something extra to work towards for a good while that isn't directly time-locked like Syndicates.

• Like 2