The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Azima daily login reward

Not sure what you mean by rng. Been a while since I got it but thought it was a reward after so many days, no rng involved. In fact don't you get a choice of a few different weapons on a set number of days? Azima, Zenith and Zenistar? Also pretty sure it doesn't have to be consecutive days just cumulative. 

As for the weapon, yeah that's the joy of power creep. I remember getting the Zenistar a few days after the Melee changes which left it being not quite as top tier as it once was. Maybe in the future they'll change the rewards, who knows.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Voltage said:

Mastery Rank merely depicts a relative power level. It's the same reason Lato Prime and Skana Prime have Mastery Locks. I'm not sure how moving the weapon would solve anything.

Im just saying rewarding a mr5 weapon to someone who is legendary 2 is a bit late. Shoukd be a reward perhaps based on mastery level rather than login. 

At least it came pre-potatoed

1 hour ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

to be honest, they probably should buff the login weapons, or change how they're rewarded. they've kind of fallen off over the years, and not everyone is a fan of the login system.

Only Zenistar was any good and it was a complete accident IMO. They made the weapons bad so players wouldn't complain.

Players still complained though. Ironically not as much about the Primed mods which 3/4 were quite good.

1 hour ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

to be honest, they probably should buff the login weapons, or change how they're rewarded. they've kind of fallen off over the years, and not everyone is a fan of the login system.

For me that last bit is the reason to leave them novelties.   Although I wish they'd given the Azima a modest compensation buff or two when they nerfed its AFK potential.  The other weapons seem in much better shape.

im at around +500 login days. So Azima doesn't get offered at 100 days. It is rng on whether it is offered at each 100 day increment of logins. That's my point. I logged in 500 times and get a mr5 weapon after I have many rivens, every kuva and tenet weapon (most at 60% as well). Why prolong the Azima offering? Just offer it at 100 logins or make it a gift at MR5 completion.

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

im at around +500 login days. So Azima doesn't get offered at 100 days. It is rng on whether it is offered at each 100 day increment of logins. That's my point. I logged in 500 times and get a mr5 weapon after I have many rivens, every kuva and tenet weapon (most at 60% as well). Why prolong the Azima offering? Just offer it at 100 logins or make it a gift at MR5 completion.

You are factually wrong.

You are given choices for which weapon to pick on 100 ,300 ,500 and 700 day login.

It's not RNG , you only get unowned and unmastered (regular) weapon blueprints as part of daily logins.

If you only saw azima it's because you picked the other weapons already , you are probably at day 700 , or you would have seen the zenith , zenistar or Sigma and octantis as well.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

theres no rng. its just like the cache rewards where it has a preset number and you can choose your reward.

day 100: azima, zenith, and zenistar (lets say you pick zenith)
day 300: azima, zenistar and sigma& octantis (lets say you pick sigma)
day 500: azima and zenistar (you pick zenistar)
day 700: azima only.

no RNG involved all your choice

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Xzorn said:

Only Zenistar was any good and it was a complete accident IMO. They made the weapons bad so players wouldn't complain.

Players still complained though. Ironically not as much about the Primed mods which 3/4 were quite good.

Zenith is a staple weapon for its infinite punch through gimmick, and Sigma and Octantis was pretty good until new weapons powercrept it. Azima has always been the "weak" one.

8 hours ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

Im just saying rewarding a mr5 weapon to someone who is legendary 2 is a bit late. Shoukd be a reward perhaps based on mastery level rather than login. 

At least it came pre-potatoed

The point of the login rewards is to encourage you to continue playing (since it takes 3 years to get everything out of it).

Doesn't seem that strange to me. You just have to consider it a bit more objectively and in context, and beyond ones personal circumstance. 

For example, its not RNG, the earliest you can get it is after 100 days, the latest 700 (at least currently). Not everyone progresses through MR the same. In fact being MR 30+ is relatively rare across the total player base. People who start the game after the longer its been out, who progress through the game's MR system, extremely fast, can end up at the maximum MR for the time, before necessarily getting a high daily log in count. Thats not the case for a lot of people though, either those that started much earlier, and so their daily log in count is high, relative to the MR max at the time. I mean some people are going to be on their 3000th day soon. 

So for a lot of people, getting the Azima was something they got many many years ago, before MR 30 was even a thing, let alone Legendary ranks. Not that I think its ever been the top meta weapon, but still, in a time before Incarnons, Lich or Sister weapons, so on. You have to think about when the weapon was first made accessible and what that landscape was at the time.

Also, if you thought about it, would you actually want one of the best, strongest, fun weapons to be locked behind 700 days? For many, that would just be annoying and frustrating. Thats around 2 years of waiting, and thats assuming you can log in daily. For some, its fine the weapons aren't necessarily the top meta weapons. Could be nice if they were buffed maybe, sure, thats a valid stance too, given the power creep in the game, but you probably wouldn't find too many people happy if they suddenly became the best weapons around either. There are reasons why DE started to stop that practice of getting new weapons and went more towards cosmetics and evergreen rewards. 

Also thinking it should be changed to be more accessible, sure, thats a legit conversation that can be had, but why stop there? There are lots of items that are based on days logged in. Why not move them all to day 10. Then in a few months, someone can be like, day 10? Why 10 days? Why not 5 days? Then eventually we just get 3000 days worth on log ins, on our first day of playing. Then they discover thats a bad idea and make it 50 days and then people will complain some people got day 1 and now they have to wait 50 days, and some people are confused, wiki information needs to be changed around back and forth, and thats why changes aren't made so arbitrarily or on whim. 

3 hours ago, Voltage said:

Zenith is a staple weapon for its infinite punch through gimmick, and Sigma and Octantis was pretty good until new weapons powercrept it. Azima has always been the "weak" one.

Zenith was certainly never in my roster. I even made a video making fun of the weapon.

Spoiler

The Alt-Fire had too low of status for me to do anything with and those low levels I'd just use Ignis.
Sigma had a fun gimmick of throwing the shield but again, it's status was low. It wasn't till Silva Prime I even bothered with Sword n Shield.

Ironically Azima was the one I tried to theory craft with. It was the first weapon you got on the roster at the time. Extend it's Mag, slow it's fire rate.
Nothing really worked for any of those weapons though and Zenistar quickly filled the roll I was trying to accomplish with Azima.

7 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

Zenith was certainly never in my roster. I even made a video making fun of the weapon.

Reveal hidden contents

The Alt-Fire had too low of status for me to do anything with and those low levels I'd just use Ignis.

It's used for shooting things through terrain/hitboxes/etc. such as Eidolon Limbs, Profit-Taker pylons, and other similar cases.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

You're literally making my point for me. 

So RNG is not involved but 700 logins to get a MR5 weapon. 

It completely your choice to leave it till 700 logins was my point. you could have gotten it at 100 logins if you so wish.

I personally dont like the time gate , just highlighting factual inaccuracies in your statements.

22 hours ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

Azima only. No other choices. Wiki states it could appear after x days login So i assume rng picks azima

This is confusing.  You're LR2, but you only have 100 days logged in?  That's how the first post reads.  Have you just been target farming MR and nothing else?  Because on day 100, it's supposed to give you 3 options of the 4 login weapons, with the rest of the 3 being available every 200 days after that, so you get another choice on day 300.  If you have the other 3 (which is what I would assume of an LR2), then yes, Azima is going to be your only choice for your last weapon milestone, but your first post makes it sound like you somehow only have 100 days.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

would you actually want one of the best, strongest, fun weapons to be locked behind 700 days? For many, that would just be annoying and frustrating. Thats around 2 years of waiting

Good point. Perhaps no weapon shoukd be time gated? 

3 hours ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

How would it be more interesting based on time of receiving it? You either like it or you don't

I actually do like it. It just doesn't produce a lot of damage. Earlier in the game i may have used it.

3 hours ago, (XBOX)TehChubbyDugan said:

This is confusing

Sorry i wasn't clear. 

7 hours ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

Good point. Perhaps no weapon shoukd be time gated? 

Speaking personally? I'm not a fan of time gates like this in general. I think they are lame.

That being said, there is a lot in Warframe that I don't really like in general, like waiting for Forma, certain cool cosmetics sometimes costing essentially the price of an entire other game, Nightwave meaning you can have to wait years for stuff, like certain mods, cosmetics etc as far as ideas, however... none that really outweigh what I do generally like either, otherwise I wouldn't play it. Then also, thats just something certain game models rely on. FTP model games, ongoing live service games, etc, it comes with the territory, and sometimes its hard to roll stuff back on certain things.

For good or bad. Like there are some people in the past (and prsent) who have wanted more exclusive and cool items past, what is current, into the thousands... and for them, they talk about motivation, and earning special rewards, and thats a totally different mindset to maybe people like us, but eh... a lot of such players, play Warframe, and its possible they can even make up a large portion. Such tactics often exist because they are highly effective, to certain degrees. That all being said, I'm also glad that I am past that stage of Warframe (I think Lodestar Armour set at 1000 days is the last item of that nature. Or the Lodestar Syandana, I forget which comes first/last).