Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

One and Doners - ruining farming missions on a daily

Okay, I have to put this out there and with a bit of venting. Anytime I try to farm something like relics, reactant, etc. There is always and I mean ALWAYS, some person who joins or is the host I join, who turns around and leaves after either the first round or the first 5 minutes. The amount of how absolutely annoying and frustrating that is, makes me want to vomit. Why show up or que up a farming mission, only to leave after one round? They don't say anything, they don't give a heads up, they just leave.

Now if someone said as an example: "Hey, I'm just trying to quickly finish the star chart" then you know what, I'd be okay with that because they said something. HOWEVER, because this happens on a daily, it gets tiresome and irritating. Not to mention, SOLO is an option for star chart clearing. You go to your squad options and switch it to solo. That way, you as the inconsiderate player, don't mess up what others are trying for, especially if you're not going to say anything.

The main reason for this post is I'm simply fed up with this kind of playstyle. If their host, congratulations, you now need to rebuff yourself and what not due to host migration. If they're not host, then they're ruining the run for others by lessening the chances of better rewards or making things more difficult. Literally, before posting this, I went to do a void storm survival. After a few minutes, someone joined as Xaku and after the first 5 minutes, they went to the exit. During the countdown to leave, I typed in chat that they should just quit and to not ruin my reactant farm. You know what happened? They ignored the text, remained at the exit, then forced my mission to end. After it ended, ONLY THEN, did they leave. Seriously? The amount of unbridled rage I have right now is massive because of people with this mentality of playstyle. By the way, I did my absolute best not to use any cursing in this, but man do I want too.

Anyone else sick of this kind of playstyle from other players?

• Like 3

Could be many reasons maybe something IRL, every mission for that relic type is endless and they only want to open 1 or they just don't feel like it.

When you go public it's pure chaotic energy, you sign the contract that you are aware anything can happen there, if it's frustrating you a lot you could always look for a squad in recruit chat.

• Like 8

13 minutes ago, JonSupernova said:

my reactant farm.

This is the core of your problem.

You think the random matchmaking pub lobby belongs to you, and everyone else should play by your rules.

Unfortunately you cannot telepathically command players to stay your desired mission length. But you can recruit people for a dedicated run in the recruitment chat.

Edited by Kaiga
  • Like 12

Just now, Kaiga said:

This is the core of your problem.

You think the random matchmaking pub lobby belongs to you, and everyone else should play by your rules.

if I started it and I'm host, is it not technically considered, my farm?

I mean, I sympathise. I really do, because going long is my preference as well. I very much prefer longer missions. Especially if its Arbitrations or an endless Relic opening mission. Oh or say Lua Disruption, SP Circuit, Alchemy, etc. 

That being said, eh, I don't really have negative feelings towards people that leave once the mission lets them. Whatever their reason. Maybe its the first time they are clearing the node, maybe that prefer shorter missions, maybe real life intervenes. Its not ideal for me or my preference, but eh. Fortunately in my experiences, depending on what specific mission type it is, most randoms I play with tend to go longer. Might be my choice of missions, as I tend to be selective. Like I notice that say between a Steel Path Neo Survival in the Void, and a normal star chart Neo Survival against Corpus, more people tend to stay in the SP mission. At least in my experience. 

If I ever have a day where more people seem to quit early, I usually just stick it to solo (especially if there is like only 10 minutes left for a good Relic Endless mission), or scout out recruiting chat. Otherwise, in other missions, I'll stay as long as host wants to, and will have some great long runs with some great peoples. 

So I don't really get sick of that thing, from others. I do get it though, and wish their were matchmaking options for such a thing (anything with chill endurance would be my fav). 

2 minutes ago, JonSupernova said:

if I started it and I'm host, is it not technically considered, my farm?

That's not how it works.

If you created a solo game then it's your farm, if you join pub you have agreed to take whatever you get.

• Like 12

I have found proactive ways to deal with the frustrating reality that others do not always have the same goals as I do, and others just follow the leader because they don't know any better. 

I always ask at the very beginning of the mission in chat, "Staying for a bit or no?" If no one answers I leave and reset, if someone (especially host) says they're just here for one round, I also leave immediately - allowing someone else to queue in.

You might consider most people have no idea how to read chat and play the game, especially if they're inexperienced. Also, others have lives outside of warframe that come up and require them to leave a mission early even if they don't want to. I think for the most part, the people who leave in a short amount of time have different objectives or are just ignorant as to why staying longer gives higher rewards [Steel Essence] for instance. Likewise, if two people go into a mission together the likelihood is that whoever sends the invites will be the host with randoms coming in to fill the 3rd and 4th slots if they are open. We often find that if two of us stay we usually keep a third even if one guy does the typical bail at 5 minutes. Sadly, they might not know what kind of rewards they're missing out on, or how the tileset is ideal for the mission...but those people will eventually learn.

If you want to do a long run, use recruit chat or talk to clan mates to see if someone is interested.

We have a discord group of Warframe friends created just for running different things together, chatting, sharing builds, and the like; I know other groups do the same thing for different types of warframe missions - check them out.

I hope this helps. 

PS: One additional note, some people get miffed by others' playstyle, especially nuke and trollframes people who spread the spawns all over the map or don't ping voidtraces if they dropping far from them, those who join a relic run and don't put in relics, or people who want to corner-camp . I aways try to be considerate and I find that people stay more often than not. 

Edited by NeDesitVirtus
Post Script

17 minutes ago, JonSupernova said:

who turns around and leaves after either the first round or the first 5 minutes

More often than not, they're doing it because someone else did they same to them.

For example,

If I try to level a frame in ESO, but everyone leaves when I'm only 2 levels away from max rank, I'll have to join another session. However, now I'm at max rank by the end of the first round, so I have no reason to stay. So I'll leave after the first round.

You wanna blame someone, blame DE fo nuking old Draco.

I see a lot of people talking about the whole real-life scenarios, and I can sympathize with that, but I also said that NOBODY says anything. I can type in chat, use voice, etc, trying to get some kind of feedback from said players to check with them. More often than not though, nothing is said. No reply, nothing. So yeah, I get the real-life part, but saying something shows that you're considerate of others who are also playing. Yes, I have used recruit as well but like I said in the topic post, this scenario happens on a daily, regardless, if it's recruit or just random join.

2 hours ago, JonSupernova said:

"NOBODY says anything"

The above is a pug thing. If you are using "recruit" as host it's your responsibility to communicate it's a 30min, 1hr, or whatever parameter run you're trying to complete, if you join a group clarify before you go into the mission. If no clarification then leave the group. Also, I mentioned discord groups, try it. It will alleviate 90% of your issue here. 

Edited by NeDesitVirtus
formatting

Oh look, it's THIS thread again

Look, SOMEtimes we don't have a choice. SOMEtimes the game only rolls one Neo fissure mission and it's an endless mission. Given the choice between running five waves of defense and making you annoyed, and waiting literally two hours for another Neo fissure to happen, yeah we are gunna be one-and-doners thank you very much. This is literally "don't hate the player. Hate the game"

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

Oh look, it's THIS thread again

Look, SOMEtimes we don't have a choice. SOMEtimes the game only rolls one Neo fissure mission and it's an endless mission. Given the choice between running five waves of defense and making you annoyed, and waiting literally two hours for another Neo fissure to happen, yeah we are gunna be one-and-doners thank you very much. This is literally "don't hate the player. Hate the game"

IF the player doesn't give a heads up of some kind or even communicates, I don't know, that sounds like a decent reason to blame the player.

21 minutes ago, JonSupernova said:

I see a lot of people talking about the whole real-life scenarios, and I can sympathize with that, but I also said that NOBODY says anything. I can type in chat, use voice, etc, trying to get some kind of feedback from said players to check with them. More often than not though, nothing is said. No reply, nothing. So yeah, I get the real-life part, but saying something shows that you're considerate of others who are also playing. Yes, I have used recruit as well but like I said in the topic post, this scenario happens on a daily, regardless, if it's recruit or just random join.

You're not entitled to an explanation by random people online lol

• Like 2

Everyone is perfectly within their right to join a mission and leave whenever they want to. Just because you joined a mission wanting to go a few rotations doesn't mean anyone else owes you the time to go longer than they want nor to bother to inform you of what they plan on doing.

If you don't like it then go solo, form a group in recruiting, or organize with your friends/clan for runs.

• Like 1

Problems of both mission design and hosting mean that this is not going to be fixed. I do agree it's frustrating. Unless it's Apollo during a release, I'm typically left completely alone after only a few rounds of Disruption. One person leaves for whatever reason, and then everyone else just kinda follows. And don't get me started on the Circuit abandonment rates.

They could fix some of this with a group finder feature, where you could commit to a longer run - if you need to leave fine, but at least the base entry would be there and people would generally stay longer. They could also fix this by making the scaling rewards more attractive, enticing longer play. They could also fix this *somewhat* by dropping scaling rewards and instead making it so new people can join at any time. Drop in, drop out. Would be hell with migrations but you'd be left alone less often. But regardless people will always leave whenever they want to.

Your best bet is finding a good Discord group. Don't bother with recruit chat or clan chat, you'll be begging for an hour or more usually, all the people who immediately respond with this in threads like these don't actually follow their own advice and don't know how unrealistic it is.

I've "solved" this problem for myself by just playing every endless mission type solo now. It sucks, I'd rather play with people, but it is what it is. Less void trace headaches, that's for sure. No aggro-map problems. None of the irritating things people do. Plus I can pause.

Lone Tenno. Warrior in the Dark.

3 hours ago, JonSupernova said:

Anyone else sick of this kind of playstyle from other players?

I really don't get why people end up in this situation.

if you want to farm, to get something done as quickly and efficiently as possible, or to get as much of X as possible in whatever time you have, and you want to eliminate as many chances of things going wrong as possible... why in the blue void's name would you pick the ONE matchmaking option you have ZERO control over? 

and in the case of fissures, what the hell are you expecting when there may only be the one endless fissure available for that tier for the next 2 hours? is everybody else in the world just supposed to wait until either you've done your thing or the fissure changes so they can go somewhere else? do they HAVE to stay however long with you just because YOU want to stay, regardless of what THEY may want to do?

1 hour ago, CrownOfShadows said:

all the people who immediately respond with this in threads like these don't actually follow their own advice and don't know how unrealistic it is.

you can look through my entire post history if you'd like, you won't see one single thread like this where I complain about randoms, because I do actually take my own advice ,and always go solo or recruit people when I'm after something specific. I wouldn't give it out if I didn't also use it, and the reason I respond to these threads is not to be snarky (even if that's how it comes across), it's to educate people, to tell them that there IS another way. it's not perfect, but it's better than getting worked up over random people on the internet not doing exactly what you want them to do. 

1 hour ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

and always go solo or recruit people when I'm after something specific

If you're not after an aya relic or a release relic you're SOL in recruit chat, that's the hard truth. You can scream in recruit chat for a 30/60/90 minute endless all you like but it will take an eternity to get a full squad, and the same is basically true for fissures with the mentioned exceptions. Recruit chat is basically for fast relic cracking and not much else, anything else you wanna do, trying to recruit for it in recruit chat is a joke.

Need help clearing the SP starchart? Want to do iso vaults? Want to do RJ? Want to do 60 min conjunction survivals? Want to do 60 min kuva survival? Wanna just do random relics for 60 min? Recruit chat is not your friend.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

Being on console, viewing and "typing" using the virtual keyboard would take so long I'd die. So I don't bother. FYI if Xaku was a console player this is perhaps another reason for the silence. I almost never ever type anything because of that.

You know, as a PC player it never occurred to me that some of the issue is the console UI for typing etc. Thank you for this insight. It helps me personally understand why some players may not find it feasible to communicate consistently during missions. Thank you for your input. 

Edited by NeDesitVirtus
  • Like 2