Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do you wanna see a new Spy mission Trick?

Reshiram27

Question

23 answers to this question

Hmmm, so it uses the Helminth ability Master's Suppons to teleport your MOA companion through barriers and directly into the Spy vault, where it uses the Security Override precept mod to auto-hack the terminal.

The wall teleport seems clearly unintended, so I wouldn't be surprised to see this patched.

• Like 3

According to some comments about it in the wiki from 2022, the teleport function on Master's Summons specifically didn't work on Moas.  The presumption made being to prevent exactly this thing.

Then in Nov 2023 there's a comment saying it's a standard way of doing Lua.  /shrug

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hobie-wan said:

Well that's gonna be gone soon.

1 hour ago, UnstarPrime said:

Hmmm, so it uses the Helminth ability Master's Suppons to teleport your MOA companion through barriers and directly into the Spy vault, where it uses the Security Override precept mod to auto-hack the terminal.

The wall teleport seems clearly unintended, so I wouldn't be surprised to see this patched.

Someone finds an interesting and completely harmless way to use something that's otherwise completely useless?

"No, can't have that. No fun allowed!"

Edited by Hexerin
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, DeckChairVonBananaCamel said:

lol thats amazing

thx bro 

1 hour ago, Hobie-wan said:

Well that's gonna be gone soon.

no it wont the helminth said it spawns "next to you"

1 hour ago, UnstarPrime said:

how can it get patched???

32 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

Someone finds an interesting and completely harmless way to use something that's otherwise completely useless?

"No, can't have that. No fun allowed!"

There's "fun", and then there's "completely bypassing an entire gamemode's challenge"

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Reshiram27 said:

no it wont the helminth said it spawns "next to you"

1 hour ago, Reshiram27 said:

They can make the area around the console a 'no spawn' zone for companions to where it just finds the closest bit of ground outside the room. They can change it so that stuff can't be targeted through glass. There was a period where the scanner drones outside the grineer spy console rooms would see you through the glass and set off the alarms when you'd used a sneaky way in even though they hadn't before. It was fixed again at some point.

Using frame invisibility to bypass security still requires you to use energy and get to the console. Using ciphers lets you skip the mini game on lower level content, but you still have to get to the console.

This is clearly unintended since you walk up to the front window in most vaults and bypass everything.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pakaku said:

There's "fun", and then there's "completely bypassing an entire gamemode's challenge"

Do go on about how "bypassing a gamemode's challenge" is somehow an actual argument here.

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Infiltrate

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Operator

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Octavia

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Wisp

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Loki

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Wukong

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Limbo

That's just the shortlist of easy options, there's tons of other options as well.

Edited by Hexerin
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Hexerin said:

None of which involve literally teleporting through a wall and hacking the vault, you still have to travel through it as usual. Plus I don't think I need to state the obvious, but a stealth-related ability or mod is usually intended to make stealth easier

I know a certain melee is also good at that, lets just say I don't expect that to stay unpatched either

Edited by Pakaku
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Pakaku said:

you still have to travel through it as usual

And you have zero risk while doing so with any of those options. It's literally the same thing, you bypass the entire challenge. C'mon, rub those brain cells together my guy.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Reshiram27 said:

Plenty of ways.  Personally, I'd do something along the lines of adding a line-of-sight check to Master's Summons, such that to be a valid teleport location there cannot be barriers between the Warframe and the teleport location.

And it's worth mentioning that not only is this clearly unintended behavior ("Heal your companion and call it to your side." ), but in most situations it's also undesired behavior.  In general, if a player tries to summon their pet to their side and that pet ends up behind a wall, that leaves them separated from the pet they were hoping to be paired with, and players would be right to be frustrated by that and see it as a bug.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Reshiram27 said:

The simplest ways would probably be to add an exception to the moa hacking precept that specifically prevents them from hacking spy objectives.

Or add an invisible collision box around spy objectives that only collides with companions.

I get that this is probably "unintended" but hear me out.

Nova's Leverian talks about her portaling through walls, even though we can't.  We have so many mechanics for missions, and so many frames.  There should absolutely be a "right tool for the job."  I fully understand that this trivializes the mission, but there are plenty of things that trivialize other objectives.  For instance, Hildryn should never have been nerfed in the energy drain nightmare mode.  She was the right tool for the job, and used to work.  Then they changed her so that her shields drain, which penalizes her MORE than other frames.

Master's Summons is currently useless, imo.  This adds use.  Having to have Helminth, have a frame that you put an otherwise useless ability on, and then having that dedicated to spy should be enough of an investment that this is deemed acceptable.  

Because while it might be slower, I can already trivialize spy missions.  I can blast through them with operator, have Ivara in constant Prowl with Infiltrate for any detection devices, and use Perspicacity to clear terminals without any effort, even though I'm fine with cracking them manually.  It makes spy insanely trivial, because it's literally just walking to the terminal unseen, pressing a button, doing that 3 times, and leaving.  This "exploit" is that but faster.  It should be allowed.  There are several frames that can do this exact thing.  Limbo, Loki, etc.  Right tool for the job.  That's what this is.  It's using game mechanics to clear objectives creatively.  

• Like 2

I think this falls under the "multiple of ways to cheese Warframe" genre.

Ivara's wire can be used to hang out over the Jackal fight and just rain down on it from above where the lasers cant reach you.

The hidden loot in a big orokin hall in Void has these orbs on the ceiling that open up. You can just jump on them and do a heavy ground attack and burst everything open, it falls to the ground.

Any of the disappearing platform mastery tests are entirely moot with Titania's fourth because it's literally flying.

The stealth mastery tests can be done with Banshee's passive and a gunblade

The parkour mastery tests can be done Titania's fourth (again)

Excalibur can cheese junctions by doing a combo and then stealth attacking the specter.

Putting a healing mod on Valkyr's claws allows you to trigger immortally and just dice a few enemies until you're fully healed.

The Sergeant boss fight can be completed by just sneezing on him and he goes down.

Warframe is about 50% tactic, 50% cheese. This clearly isn't intended, but neither is the other stuff I just typed out. Spy vaults are usually trivialized by Ivara, Wukong, and other stuff, so ultimately, I think this is just another case of Warframe being spaghetti code.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Nimisha_Prime said:

Putting a healing mod on Valkyr's claws allows you to trigger immortally and just dice a few enemies until you're fully healed.

Hysteria has built-in lifesteal already. If you're even remotely intelligently built, a single attack while in Hysteria will fully heal you without the need of wasting a mod slot on Talons with one of the healing mods.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Hexerin said:

Hysteria has built-in lifesteal already. If you're even remotely intelligently built, a single attack while in Hysteria will fully heal you without the need of wasting a mod slot on Talons with one of the healing mods.

I built my Valkyr prime when I was MR4, and haven't changed her up much since then. I'm MR16 and only know working towards obtaining new mods and forma'ing the hell out of her to get her up to spec.