Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #177

[DE]Megan

Summary of things still promised, incomplete, juggling in the air 

-Lifting the whole (content islands are still very disconnected)

-A proper story mode containing the old events; we go forward with more and more complex stories but old stuff that is actual canon lore and important to the development of some characters like Alad V, Vay Hek or Tyl Regor is missing IN the game, and a Wikia page is not the place where a player has to search for it

-Wall running replacing wall hopping still not a thing (although mentioned in devstream, and hey...new games ripping Warframe off will do it), Geoff mentioned some problem...which hasn't been resolved yet?

-UI still unfinished...from December 2018...it's almost 5 and a half (FIVE) years

-Command wheel for pets (maybe second part of companion rework?)

-Leverian not seeing any entry for a while (another thing that had been left in the limbo, you started it and then forgot it...it was May 2019)

-Many new frames still don't have noggles (minor thing...but why Warframe Noggles don't drop 1 month after the frame release? I don't say day and date, but at least not year after)

-Drop chances revision as a QoL; the game has soooo much to do and collect that 0,0001% drop rate chances are just obnoxious 

-Where's Rage melee mode (also known as Changelling 2.0), mentioned in 2019, as the final phase of melee re work, at least address it that now is Tennokai

-Modulary archwing/Archwing melee revisit, another thing from 2019, then coupled with Scott idea to remove Archwing missions (NO, but they must be revisited)...where's Archwing gonna go in the game? What's his future?

-Railjack integration with open worlds, like it was shown and promised at Tennocon

-Squad link, did you really gave up on the idea? If there's the tech that makes Cross Platform, I don't think Squad Link will be impossible to achieve

-3rd Orb fight, sitting in a lake since November 2018 

-Sergeant/Phorid boss fights revisions...Sergent revision mentioned as Nef Anyo's fight BEFORE Fortuna was released

-Trials/Raids they were removed in March 2018 (6 YEARS)...a content many player loved, it was promised to bring back something in that vein but no news yet

• Like 7

29 minutes ago, (PSN)OmegaSlayer said:

3rd Orb fight, sitting in a lake since November 2018 

With a Narmer probe orbiting it once you finish The New War, too. The popular theory is that the 3rd Orb fight will be part of the reworked Raid system and, with the probe, it's now going to be part of the Narmer storyline... whenever they get to it, seeing as we're stuck with Albrecht and Wally's Not-So-Excellent Adventure for who knows how long.

tbh I'm just waiting for Infested Liches at this point after Pablo hinted at them in a Reddit AMA. 

RE: Leverian: I do recall Steve saying in a Devstream ages ago that he wanted to stop doing Leverians because he felt them to ultimately be a "distraction" (or something to that effect) but after he left Warframe entirely for Soulframe we ended up getting Styanax and Voruna Leverians.

That said, I believe the writer who did a majority of the Leverians is now the lead writer for the game, so who knows what the status of it is now lmao.

Edited by Finlaena
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, (PSN)OmegaSlayer said:

-Lifting the whole (content islands are still very disconnected)

-A proper story mode containing the old events; we go forward with more and more complex stories but old stuff that is actual canon lore and important to the development of some characters like Alad V, Vay Hek or Tyl Regor is missing IN the game, and a Wikia page is not the place where a player has to search for it

-Wall running replacing wall hopping still not a thing (although mentioned in devstream, and hey...new games ripping Warframe off will do it), Geoff mentioned some problem...which hasn't been resolved yet?

-UI still unfinished...from December 2018...it's almost 5 and a half (FIVE) years

-Command wheel for pets (maybe second part of companion rework?)

-Leverian not seeing any entry for a while (another thing that had been left in the limbo, you started it and then forgot it...it was May 2019)

-Many new frames still don't have noggles (minor thing...but why Warframe Noggles don't drop 1 month after the frame release? I don't say day and date, but at least not year after)

-Drop chances revision as a QoL; the game has soooo much to do and collect that 0,0001% drop rate chances are just obnoxious 

-Where's Rage melee mode (also known as Changelling 2.0), mentioned in 2019, as the final phase of melee re work, at least address it that now is Tennokai

-Modulary archwing/Archwing melee revisit, another thing from 2019, then coupled with Scott idea to remove Archwing missions (NO, but they must be revisited)...where's Archwing gonna go in the game? What's his future?

-Railjack integration with open worlds, like it was shown and promised at Tennocon

-Squad link, did you really gave up on the idea? If there's the tech that makes Cross Platform, I don't think Squad Link will be impossible to achieve

-3rd Orb fight, sitting in a lake since November 2018 

-Sergeant/Phorid boss fights revisions...Sergent revision mentioned as Nef Anyo's fight BEFORE Fortuna was released

-Trials/Raids they were removed in March 2018 (6 YEARS)...a content many player loved, it was promised to bring back something in that vein but no news yet

I 100% agreed with you.

• Like 2

My wishlist

1. Is space combat in general getting some content this year?

2. Legacy tilesets that is a candidate for a remaster. From the mobile trailer, it seems infested corpus ship is next. I want some confirmation from DE that this is the case.

3. Another balance pass on augments. Many augments are just outright useless. Big offenders are Chroma augments.

4. Melee arcanes on exalted weapons. Let those compete with incarnon melee weapons that have power crept them.

5. Now that you are adding void fissures to Zariman and Entrati Labs, will you add them to Lua and Uranus as well? 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Roble_Viejo said:

he has a Metallic Armor instead of a Leather-looking Robe.
In fact I think the Brown around his neck and the Orange in the Metallics are
both in the same channel, so the materials will have miss-matched Colors 😔

Have you not looked at the concept art? I mean... you posted it right there, the in-game model shown matches with the concept art 1-1 other than the clipping beard. The Leather and Metal are seperate channels unless you want to suggest he only has 3 color channels, 1 for the Black, 1 for the White, 1 for the Leather+Metal????? Clearly the Leather and Metal are seperate channels. Also just... again, the Concept art has metal on it, thats what the orange/copper parts are, its not a randomly brighter leather...

6 hours ago, (PSN)OmegaSlayer said:

Everything you said is fine but:

1) Wall running replacing wall hopping wouldnt be a good thing imo, it would mean that you couldnt tap off a wall a refresh your bullet jump as easily, you would have to engage a wall run then jump out of it, and do you really trust DE to make it a quick action with no delays to prevent animation jank?

2) Modular Archwing was mentioned as scrapped during an interview with Reb, contrary to popular opinion, the devs do not have to do every single thing they've ever mentioned.

3) Just like with the last one, this was mentioned as *mostly* scrapped, still possible to happen, but again, the devs do not have to do every single thing they've ever mentioned. Devstreams and Tennocon are a peak behind the curtain, some things that go on behind the curtain of every game is that: Things get scrapped.

For the love of god.

Make merulina a bit smaller so yareli won't hit her head on every and each door frame shes going trough while shes riding merulina..

And make it so yareli while riding merulina can actually go trough doors at FULL SPEED without crashing into every door she meet.

Please....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tabvee said:

Everything you said is fine but:

1) Wall running replacing wall hopping wouldnt be a good thing imo, it would mean that you couldnt tap off a wall a refresh your bullet jump as easily, you would have to engage a wall run then jump out of it, and do you really trust DE to make it a quick action with no delays to prevent animation jank?

2) Modular Archwing was mentioned as scrapped during an interview with Reb, contrary to popular opinion, the devs do not have to do every single thing they've ever mentioned.

3) Just like with the last one, this was mentioned as *mostly* scrapped, still possible to happen, but again, the devs do not have to do every single thing they've ever mentioned. Devstreams and Tennocon are a peak behind the curtain, some things that go on behind the curtain of every game is that: Things get scrapped.

Everything you said could be think is sad to us, but maybe DE have to DElayed the contents behind for a few years, not scrapped.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, (PSN)Spiderman_sense2 said:

Everything you said could be think is sad to us, but maybe DE have to DElayed the contents behind for a few years, not scrapped.

It was explicitely stated that Modular Archwings was scrapped.

"What about modular Archwings?"

"We have no vision for that. It's a shame that all that content was made. We would love to do something with it but we have zero designs to support it." - Rebecca Ford, Creative Director of Warframe.

10 hours ago, (PSN)OmegaSlayer said:

A proper story mode containing the old events

That's something I still really want, even if the stories are just placed in the start chart through progression or something. Just put those voice lines and stuff back in the game so new players have context as to wth is going on.

• Like 3

Accessibility Updates? Folks have been asking for a toggle for auto-melee. Any chance that could happen? Also, any word on doing the same for auto-triggers so folks don't have to spam clicks for guns?

Can we get Riven Transmuters in places other than JUST the hydrolyst? Nightwave would be a great place for folks to get a few, since you can't buy them from Tridylon sellers, forcing folks who don't want to do fight the 3 just to get a QoL item? You know... just asking for the community.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Roble_Viejo said:

The Helmet is clipping through his neck in this Post's screenshot and unlike
the Concept Art, he has a Metallic Armor instead of a Leather-looking Robe.

snip

Don't get me wrong, he looks amazing but he doesn't have the same feel as his Concept Art
He went from having a Leather Robe all around to an Armor and his Beard might be missing

snip

I don't think it's possible to tell from that concept art what material they were going for his robe.

Also, he's only made of 4 colors, what makes you think they don't have each their respective channels?

I, too, think the beard is clipping... Kind of a weird choice to pose him like that for such a big picture if that's the case 🤣

Btw, I'm waiting for that Loki augment, I wonder if it's gonna scale on power strength... Knowing this community, I bet there's gonna be an uproar of player complaining about that lmao

• Like 1

Looking forward to seeing the Inaros rework, the old sand dog has been left languishing in the sun for to long. Will there be a large focus on Warframe reworks in 2024? If so, is there perhaps any thoughts on giving Loki a rework? Decoy and Switch Teleport in particular are elegant abilities from a more civilized age in Warframe but doesn't really hold up in the current era.

• Like 1

I'm very sorry. I've no idea what they done that. I'm sure they sure they rework the Archwings mission to Railjack mission, but yes, Modular Archwings are now scrapped. I've sorry to doubt you. I've hope they think something out, mental healthy way, maybe.

On 2/15/2024 at 11:44 PM, Tabvee said:

It was explicitely stated that Modular Archwings was scrapped.

"What about modular Archwings?"

"We have no vision for that. It's a shame that all that content was made. We would love to do something with it but we have zero designs to support it." - Rebecca Ford, Creative Director of Warframe.

:(

On 2024-02-14 at 2:02 PM, Roble_Viejo said:

The Helmet is clipping through his neck in this Post's screenshot and unlike
the Concept Art, he has a Metallic Armor instead of a Leather-looking Robe.

ooEuhrW.jpg

Don't get me wrong, he looks amazing but he doesn't have the same feel as his Concept Art
He went from having a Leather Robe all around to an Armor and his Beard might be missing

Vdy6JRh.jpeg

Thanks for bringing this up I thought something was off about him, happy the breads not gone but I do hope DE fixes it so it doesn't clip they've fixed syanadas before so maybe? 🙏🤞.

And as for desiring Leather robes Dante might be a good candidate a void shell, then we could have the leather robe look.     

Edited by (XBOX)DragonMan 2700
grammar
  • Like 2

On 2024-02-14 at 10:00 AM, [DE]Megan said:

Earn yourself an Archon Shard Twitch Drop by tuning in!

This might be rather misleading ... as 'tuning in' implies someone loading the stream (sticking around for maybe 1 minute ... maybe 5 seconds) and instantly receiving the reward. Especially if the intention is more like the typical 30-60 minute watch timeframe to receive any loot.

Edited by uberfu