PC Dante Unbound: Hotfix 35.5.6

[DE]Megan

57 minutes ago, Grimm said:

also banshees base 1/3 armour strip doesnt inline strip (strip more per cast) only works with the augment that makes it increase with power strength, ability also still does not have any wording about its base strip feature.

The undocumented innate armor strip was bugfixed/removed last week.  :/

• Like 1

Thanks for the changes.  For the next update, please revert the CC nerf because you've gutted a lot of older frames.  CC has no place in the game anymore, but having it be the only thing that can interact with Overguard in some way would make it useful again. 

• Like 5

53 minutes ago, Daviodraan said:

Onos evolution lV Elemental Excess still doesn't work.

Can you be more specific why you think it's not working? I see the Onos' crit and status chance get modified as expected when I enable this evolution....

52 minutes ago, ConanThLibrarian said:

Hydraulic Barrel mod has disappeared from the game and inventory.

I see the mod in inventory, and you do have one on your account. Make sure that your Filter settings do not exclude Conclave mods

Edited by [DE]Momaw
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, Arbitrary said:

This was always how Pillage worked. Unsure what part of needing line of sight doesn't make sense to you. You can't see the enemies while you're behind the pillar, so they don't have the effect applied. It was like this since introduction, the patch just makes it a bit more generous even.

Still find it funny that enemies in the same room as you will not be touched, from an ability that should be covering rooms. 

7 minutes ago, Omega-Shadowblade said:

This is pretty much how Pillage has worked before. I'm not seeing any difference.

Assists in preventing people from camping behind pillars or walls in the same room as enemies. I never felt issues with it before as it has worked, but it just seems off. Could be just me. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:

NOTE: Warframes that grant themselves Overguard, like Kullervo or Rhino, will not be able to trigger Rage and Hunter Adrenaline from their own Overguard. Only Overguard granted by allies is eligible because this is the only interaction that is potentially disruptive to your build (i.e your ally puts Overguard onto your Rage-Build Nidus). 

And I was expecting a Kullervo indirect buff with this... oh well...

• Like 1

Hundreds of people asking to revert the LoS checks and DE just ignores all of them. If the issue was Tragedy being able to kill level 20 fodder units on Star Chart with three casts, well... than just remove the damage it does itself and remove LoS. I don't know why people are asking for a range nerf or why DE is claiming the range is an issue. Honestly, the fact that so many people don't realize Tragedy did any amounts of damage itself is kind of telling how little would change from removing that minor amount of damage.

Edited by TheTundraTerror
  • Like 11

Even if you magically make LoS work perfectly all the time with no cost to performance, it has no place on Dante's Tragedy.

It makes his playstyle inflexible and unfun. Dark Verse is an enabler, Tragedy is a detonator - being unable to detonate the procs you've spread feels awful. Procs spread by Dark Verse need to always be detonated by Tragedy, there cannot be a line of sight check! Frankly, thats bad design.

Reduce the range if you have to, or have Dark Verse apply a mark that makes enemies possible to target through walls with Tragedy.

• Like 20

29 minutes ago, Halo said:

Had to make a small video demonstration for Pillage for everyone. 

Overall Summary: Standing behind a pillar or column 11 meters or more from enemies in the same room as you will result in pillage not pillaging the enemy(ies). 

Overall Assumption until I test the rest of "Rendered Check" abilities: None of them will work 10+ meters away behind columns. 

Personal Solution: I will never use Pillage again, only solely on Gyre and Hildryn for the playstyle's I utilize for them, and even at that I barely use since DE still goes on the "Nerf CC" train.

If this somehow doesn't hinder players, I'd be in shock. Yes I'm fully aware that Pillage already had an LoS check on it, but this is just goddamn egregious now. 

I will thank DE for reverting the status damage for Pageflight, but the LoS stuff just has me reverting so many builds.

You apparently don't understand what LoS stands for. "Line of sight". By standing behind the pillar, you have no LoS to the targets, so of course they aren't affected by Pillage. This has not changed.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, crazywolfpusher said:

That's very weird. I just tested pillage with the same Range and Duration as you did on the video. Same position. I'm stripping them just fine.

Doubly weird indeed. Ah well, whether it's some one-off occurrence or it could happen multiple times, they won't look into it. 

49 minutes ago, Galexivity said:

I believe I speak for the majority when the main issue with Dante when it comes to Tragedy is the LoS. While we appreciate the fixes that you are doing, you need to see that the best fix for Dante's tragedy is to revert the LoS changes on it and make it a circle again

I hope a dev corrects me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that Tragedy is still a circular Area of Effect. It's just that it is now blocked by obstacles. The problem was that it was being blocked by insignificant obstacles, or even by nothing at all, because the Line of Sight system was poorly executing. They've improved the Line of Sight system to fix that, but some people seem to still note problems, while others just want Tragedy to not be blocked by obstacles. I sympathize with that, because it working through obstacles was a lot of fun.

I have tested to see if Tragedy will hit targets directly behind me. It does, at least when I'm actually testing it. There have been times where enemies behind me didn't die when I thought they should have, but since I wasn't trying to test the system at those times, I can't swear they didn't slip behind cover. 

• Like 1

hace 28 minutos, Halo dijo:

Overall Summary: Standing behind a pillar or column 11 meters or more from enemies in the same room as you will result in pillage not pillaging the enemy(ies). 

Overall Assumption until I test the rest of "Rendered Check" abilities: None of them will work 10+ meters away behind columns. 

Personal Solution: I will never use Pillage again, only solely on Gyre and Hildryn for the playstyle's I utilize for them, and even at that I barely use since DE still goes on the "Nerf CC" train.

If this somehow doesn't hinder players, I'd be in shock. Yes I'm fully aware that Pillage already had an LoS check on it, but this is just goddamn egregious now. 

I will thank DE for reverting the status damage for Pageflight, but the LoS stuff just has me reverting so many builds.

Thats LoS... just normal LoS doing its work. Its working as intended. What do you people though that LoS meant? It feels bad, its bad, yeah, thats exactly how it performs.

Dante went to hell... welcome to the others :)

• Like 4

Please revert the LoS restriction.

We have Frames that have similar abilities already that do not require LoS and can clear rooms very fast (Equinox, Saryn, Sevagoth, Lavos, etc.), I do not see the reason for Dante specifically to receive this nerf.

If anything, tweak the base range and damage so it requires more set up from Dark Verse and Page Flight, and more positioning.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:

Line Of Sight (Los) Improvements 

The following Warframe abilities have received the aforementioned improvements: 

• Excalibur’s Radial Blind (Rendered Check)
  • Excalibur Umbra’s Radial Howl (Rendered Check)
  • Dante’s Dark Verse (Rendered Check)
  • Helminth’s Sickening Pulse (Rendered Check)
  • Hildryn’s Pillage (Rendered Check)
  • Mag’s Pull (Rendered Check)
  • Nova’s Null Star Augment (Rendered Check)
  • Hildryn’s Aegis Storm (Raycast Check from floor where Hildryn is hovering)
  • Khora’s Whipclaw (Raycast Checks from multiple points around the whip's impact)
  • Qorvex’s Chyrinka Pillar (Raycast Checks from top and center of pillar)

The above changes also tangentially fixes the issue of low FOV preventing LoS checks from occurring (this was most reported for Dante’s Dark Verse, Hildryn’s Pillage, Khora’s Whipclaw, Mirage’s Prism, and Mag’s Pull). 

More LoS Improvements in Future Update: 
The following Warframe abilities will be receiving the same treatment in a future update, since they require Cert update (more information on what this means here) in order to launch across all platforms. 

• Ember’s Fire Blast
  • Gyre’s Rotorswell
  • Vauban’s Tesla Bank Augment
    • While a Cert update is required to apply the new LoS checks onto Vauban’s Tesla bank, we have in the meantime fixed the AoE from the mines getting blocked by non-static objects.The Augment was preventing the mines from behaving as they do in their non-augmented state where they check for cover for static objects (level geometry), so we’ve rectified that so that it is subject to the same checks as Tesla Nervos AoE.
  • Zephyr’s Tailwind (Dive Bomb) 

As written directly above, we are not done with improving LoS and will continue to assess where further improvements can be made. New reports related to LoS will be investigated for future Hotfixes/Updates. Thank you, Tenno!

Do not forget this:

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, ObsidianSage said:

I hope a dev corrects me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that Tragedy is still a circular Area of Effect. It's just that it is now blocked by obstacles. The problem was that it was being blocked by insignificant obstacles, or even by nothing at all, because the Line of Sight system was poorly executing. They've improved the Line of Sight system to fix that, but some people seem to still note problems, while others just want Tragedy to not be blocked by obstacles. I sympathize with that, because it working through obstacles was a lot of fun.

I have tested to see if Tragedy will hit targets directly behind me. It does, at least when I'm actually testing it. There have been times where enemies behind me didn't die when I thought they should have, but since I wasn't trying to test the system at those times, I can't swear they didn't slip behind cover. 

it is circular but inconsistenly circular, you are pointing your camara to the front in certain angle and you will target anything being rendered, your back is not being rendered hence you wont get the rendered enemies if the 3 lines they are tracing from them to you are obscured he will not be hit even tho you could technically see him by rotating the camera and being hence hit by your ability, LoS is awful and inconsistent.

Edit:
It feels like the current implementation is made to trick people into feeling its fine, you cannot see what you did not hit even tho they were in your Line of Sight, they were just in your back, they are making sure that enemies rendered are being hit tho, this feels like a bandaid to fool players, and it worked for some at least

Edited by Nero.DMC
  • Like 6

32 minutes ago, Halo said:

I made a thread warning y'all that they were going to screw a bunch of other stuff up with this.  Everyone kept telling me "oh they're listening to us, cause they're making the LOS nerf that no one wanted better!"

Nope.  All accepting LOS did was give them an open door to feel free to nerf everything else with this nonsense.  Not enough people stuck to demanding a full revert from them because everyone wants to act like compromise is best for everyone.  Well, they can have it.  I'm going back on hiatus from giving them money or engagement numbers.

• Like 7