The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

As someone who enjoys playing high Power Strength Wisp, what do other people think is a recommended amount of Power Strength for pubs?

As the title says, I enjoy playing High Power Strength Wisp.

But overtime I've withdrawn from playing her in Public games due to it negatively affecting the playable experience for other players, and on rarer occasions I've even had abuse thrown my way from squadmates or just straight up being accused of trolling.

I'm a bit bored of only playing Wisp in Solo and want to start using her again in Public games but my problem is, I don't really know what Power Strength people are fine with me playing with.

In my mind, more Health/Health Regen and Haste = More fun, but I understand that certain weapons suffer negatively from too much Haste, more so if they are a bullet hose already with a bad Ammo Economy.

I know some people will say "Who cares what other people think? Just run what you want." but at least personally I don't feel that way. So I'm kinda just hoping to get a general consensus on what people find a tolerable or enjoyable amount that doesn't hinder or ruin the experience of others.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, pwnSacrifice said:

I find ~300% just fine. 

If someone is complaining about wisp motes, that's a them problem. You just keep rocking wisp 

Agree with the first half

Slight disagree with the second half, but I make sure to put my motes in odd places, so people don’t randomly run into them. 
This only goes for shock motes, most of the time I don’t place them. If I do though, they’re separated from the other two motes. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Zahnny said:

straight up being accused of trolling.

lol what? damn imagine free 1K+ HP and calling it trolling....

personally actually dropped some strength for more tanking capabilities since wisp tends to fall over once her health regen doesn't do the job anymore. Though I do still run with 408% with full TF strength shards 🙃

So far nobody's complained but I understand the haste mote ammo aconomy issues with high rof weapons.

Edited by LittleLeoniePrime

Wisp's Haste Mote screws up my ammo economy regardless of the Strength Wisp has. This is because she increases fire rate but not reload speed. It's the reason I hate Wisp and I get automatically upset when I see one on my team.

That said, Haste Mote is a part of Wisp's kit and I would never ask the Wisp player to not use it. Abuse or trolling them are unthinkable. It's my personal problem and shouldn't affect the Wisp user.

So, you play the way you want and like and if others have a problem with your Wisp they either have to deal with it or ask DE to implement buff opt-out feature.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

Wisp buffs are usually quite OK except for shock. Dont ever use that in low level defense missions like hydron, it slows the game so fkin much. Of course, nothing would be such a problem if the buffs from wisp werent literally infinite. You cant even get rid of them unless you jump out of the map or something (or wait it out). But the circles on the ground are forever so if you palce it where people play, they can never get rid of it, for whatever reason they may have. I usually use the combined motoe on my wisp and place it sligthly out of the way to buff myself and whoever decides to go into that circle. Works very nicely. If the placement is a problem for some reason, I go way out of the way and cast it 2x which removes it from its original position. Then I cast it wherever its fit.

Edited by MaxTunnerX

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Aruquae said:

Agree with the first half

Slight disagree with the second half, but I make sure to put my motes in odd places, so people don’t randomly run into them. 
This only goes for shock motes, most of the time I don’t place them. If I do though, they’re separated from the other two motes. 

78193d8ab303d6e4cd320c37d57aaa1a.jpg

I wish I would encounter more people using wisp and her most trolly emote that way :)

Sadly I have yet to encounter even just 1 of those.... Or maybe I did once long ago but it is a rare thing to encounter speaking on my personal experiance.

Really wish there was a way to cancel them like Volt speed buff.

Edited by Defion
  • Like 1

Not sure why you let some randoms tell you how to play.

Is the mission at risk of failure? Is the grind being negatively impacted? Is their presence in the party necessary in the first place? Because if not, they don’t exactly have a leg to stand on in terms of complaining, and the exit out of multiplayer and into solo is right there if they want to not deal with someone else who’s just having fun in their own way

• Like 1

Well my personal approach, when I played Wisp more at least, its been a while... My personal approach was to put my Haste Mote in places where people would have to consciously go to, in order to get the buff. I usually liked odd high spots, places you would have to bullet jump and land on, that were a bit out of the way. Though it would be map dependent. Then I would leave a chat message saying that I placed my Haste Mote there, in case team mates wanted it. 

Health mote I would be more generous about, in more obvious locations. I never use Shock Mote. I also ran a negative range Wisp, and the duration wasn't that high either. 

As for other Wisps, I personally don't mind. I can understand why some might, and thats fair, but just on a personal level, I really aren't bothered. Playing with people is fun. You're probably in a different country than me. Man, people 40 years ago couldn't be doing cool stuff like this, playing games with people across oceans. I don't really care that much if our team synergy isn't perfectly optimal, I just hope you are a semi decent person who won't flame or be hostile, aggressive in chat etc. 

Well, unless... You are running massive range with Shock motes on a defence with multiple levels, and you are in chat telling people that you are trolling us all, and that you hope we all get bored to death... Then I start to get slightly suspicious that you might not be as good natured as I initially thought... 

39 minutes ago, Zahnny said:

In my mind, more Health/Health Regen and Haste = More fun, but I understand that certain weapons suffer negatively from too much Haste, more so if they are a bullet hose already with a bad Ammo Economy.

Isn't speed depend on player? Let's take melee for example. I rarely use speed mods on my melee. So for me it would be not great but not end of the world.

Wisp is one of the frames that I don't care how high her strength and motes are. It is in conjunction with other stuff like Speed or Dante's Overguard that makes it a problem.

Yes ammo econ might be a problem but I'll shun anyone who plays Wisp in Profit Taker. Outside of that I'll make it work.

Wisp is my most used frame and the majority of my play time on her was 144 strength builds. 

IF you actually use Wisp's kit you have no need for a huge pile of hp/regen because you shouldn't be taking damage in the first place. The attack speed and fire rate of stupid high strength is unnecessary as well. Sub 200 strength Wisp is where it's at.

I hate Wisp overall in groups, so any strength is imo too much.

I dont build my builds to cater to the eventual appearance of a wild Wisp in my groups, so I already have the attack speed and fire rate I want. I dont need the health and regen, since the surivival stats are already covered in my build. And the turd shaped as a cherry ontop that is shock mote is something I dont want at all.

Solo I mostly aim my strength around improving Breach Surge. I rarely use speed or shock mote since I dislike cycling and also fused reservoirs because it forces shock mote on me. I'd use haste mote incase fused reservoirs allowed for customization. But also, with the weapons I use, attack speed tends to be tied to my rivens, so not really something I'm willing to replace either with haste mote, and I dont want more attack speed than what is modded on my weapons.

Wisp does not need more than some around 300 ish. It is much better making her kit well rounded with defenses and other stuff as well. Wisp is not all about jsut strength. It is a common mistake people do.

5 hours ago, Zahnny said:

I know some people will say "Who cares what other people think? Just run what you want." but at least personally I don't feel that way. So I'm kinda just hoping to get a general consensus on what people find a tolerable or enjoyable amount that doesn't hinder or ruin the experience of others.

I admire how considerate you're being, but you're asking the wrong question.

Because the answer to "how much haste do other people want?" is "every amount of haste you could possibly think of, including none".  There is no singular correct answer.  If I'm using the Grimoire, I want all the haste.  If I'm trying to get big hits with Nataruk, I want none of the haste.  There is no amount of haste that your motes can provide that will please both of these players, let alone every player between them.

The question you should instead be asking is "how do I best accommodate all types of players?"  That's a question that gives us enough breathing room to actually solve this problem.  My suggestions:

• Place your Reservoirs so that they can be easily avoided by players that don't want your buffs; for example, don't place them in bottlenecks.  But also, don't place them entirely out of the way, so that players who do want your buffs can easily get them.  Endeavor to find a nice balance between the two.

• Don't use Wisp's Augment; instead, place each individual type of Reservoir in distinct and separate locations.  That way folks who want a health mote can get one without getting a different mote they don't want, etc.

That's what jumps to my mind, but I wouldn't be surprised if there's more.  Best of luck!

• Like 6

Just place it in a slightly out of the way position and mark it. If I know I have a wisp I won't bring certain weapons. 

Oh and, I know a lot of wisps use the merge augment, but please don't uses shock motes on defense missions.

1 minute ago, stormy505 said:

Just place it in a slightly out of the way position and mark it. If I know I have a wisp I won't bring certain weapons. 

Oh and, I know a lot of wisps use the merge augment, but please don't uses shock motes on defense missions.

I disagree it's handy if your doing incursions so you can actually get an acolyte before it's done in the usual 4 minutes 

There is a decent method of typing this out, but it is not this way:

The people that use the Reservoir augment mod are within the same grouping of people that don't push the shopping cart back to its corral. 

1 hour ago, RPColten said:

The people that use the Reservoir augment mod are within the same grouping of people that don't push the shopping cart back to its corral. 

For me, it's because of low Energy Efficiency.

Casting Fused Reservoir, while having a higher base cost, is still cheaper than casting each individually.

Another upside to Fused Reservoir, is when you're running Temporary buffs (e.g. Empower, Energy Conversion or the Parazon mod that only apply to your next cast) you only need to stack the buffs once, rather than for every mote.

• Like 3

I run wisp in pubs with high strength, low range and high duration, avoid putting down motes in doorways or near objectives. if people want the buff then they can go get it instead of forcing it on them.

• Like 1

DE oddly has a problem with multiplicative damage but multiplicative damage is fine.

I've always thought it funny they hand out attack speed and fire rate like candy but everything else is additive.

What is it, Rhino and Saryn the last one's standing now?

Yeah the main consideration with pubs is honestly range. The electric procs can irritate some people depending on their frame build. So I'd just make sure you have low range on any pub build, which suits Wisp just fine. A max range Wisp built for shock motes is the pub troll build.