Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can I consider this as a griefing?

Hello, I'll try to describe in short.

I load into a survival mission (Void Fissure) with other 3 randoms. We agreed to stay in 1 room and just simply killing mobs that are going on us.

There is 1 player, who's always running off from everyone for 200-300m away running around the whole map back and forth.

You probably know that when 1 guy separate himself from the group, he's literally reducing the amount of farm for other 3 people in a group. 1 of us couldn't been even able to collect 10 reactants.

This player didn't react to anything we were writing and telling him "Please come to us and stay with us, we don't have mobs because of you". Because of this 1 guy, we were forced to restart the mission.

So the question: Can we report this guy for griefing? Because I personally think we should've.

• Like 3

No, when you go into public matchmaking its expected random people are going to go off and do what they want. If you want everyone to sit there and farm that's fine, but you can't expect randoms to agree. Recruiting tab is always open.

• Like 22

14 minutes ago, Grigerbest said:

I load into a survival mission (Void Fissure) with other 3 randoms

Can we report this guy for griefing?

Griefing what? The only expectation in a public survival mission is that the mission is completed and you extract. Griefing would be using all the air support charges when you're at 99%/100% and potentially causing the mission to fail before 5 minutes is up.

• Like 11

Can this person read English?

Was a different pilot took over the controller after a while?

Malice and intent to disrupt must be proven first in order for it to be classify as 'griefing.' There is no proof of either.

• Like 2

Pssh I would hope not after some silly stuff I've done. Mostly to friends.

The Nova Portal loop. Loki Switch Teleport off a cliff or way back in the day, Stug friendly fire screen shake. =D

• Like 2

You’ll need to either figure out a way to force the guy to hang around (which seems odd since I can’t imagine why they wouldn’t want to stay with the group), or follow them and have a mobile farming group

The only way you’re going to be able to play the game your way in multiplayer is if you force your way upon others

Edited by Merkranire

It's not griefing because there's no predefined rules to Survival missions other than "don't run out of life support".

Now you might be able to argue that it was if said player explicitly agreed to the plan. But just as DE doesn't enforce "verbal" agreements regarding trade I doubt DE would agree.

However if it was actually griefing and DE punished players for it you'd quickly find the game's population taking a nose dive.

1 hour ago, Grigerbest said:

So the question: Can we report this guy for griefing? Because I personally think we should've.

Err, no... And no to what you think too.

No one is obligated to play the game your way, also, depending on the frames your team is using, he might be having to run off to collect loot that dropped elsewhere from enemies killed.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Usually I don't care of what randoms doing on a mission, unless it's affecting my gameplay and my rewards from a mission.

But don't you think guys it's quite unfair for 1 guy ruining a mission for 3 other people? Why they have to spend more time restarting the mission?

This guy was having the same amount of hours in the game as I do (and I have a lot), there is 0 ways he didn't know what he was doing. So the intent to ruin a mission for everyone was there.

1 час назад, Agall сказал:

Griefing what? The only expectation in a public survival mission is that the mission is completed and you extract. Griefing would be using all the air support charges when you're at 99%/100% and potentially causing the mission to fail before 5 minutes is up.

I said, one of our teammates couldn't collect 10 reactants because of him running around and dropping reactant 300m away from us, no one is going to follow this guy and collecting all things that he was dropping. If that's not griefing, I've no clue what it is.

I'm reading the comments and thinking like you guys are completely ok with this, which is a little bit weird.

Can Developers just make it so, when you q public and separate yourself from others, mobs will NOT spawn around you. Instead of spawning MORE mobs around you so others will have non? Why for so many years nobody is talking about it?

1 час назад, Waeleto сказал:

Not griefing, can't force randoms in public missions to play the way YOU like

I'd suggest you try to find a dedicated squad from recruitment chat 

No one using recruitment chat in my region (my timeline). It is what it is. I only have option to use public when I can play a game now.

Edited by Grigerbest
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Grigerbest said:

You probably know that when 1 guy separate himself from the group, he's literally reducing the amount of farm for other 3 people in a group.

Kinda

The efficiency in a scatered group is defined by the least effient player.

If that player kills as much as the other 3, then when enemies spawn, they will spawn in an ammount that can sustain the mission and your killing, the game makes a decision on where to spawn the next enemy and will split the spawns accordingly, you won't feel the difference.

If he starts to get overwelmed, then the enemies you have in front of you will decline, when this happens the players need to check each individual player to see who is strugling.

This is not griefing, the higher the efficiency of the players, the higher the gap for less experience players, it's not their fault.

AFK on the other hand is not only not allowed but also an act against the team in survivals, now that you can submit a ticket. The example you shown us can't be reported

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Grigerbest said:

No one using recruitment chat in my region (my timeline). It is what it is. I only have option to use public when I can play a game now.

Eh ? are you sure you haven't turned crossplay off ? turning it off places you in separate servers only with people who also have it off so that might be it

From my experience recruitment chat is never empty 

Posted (edited)
13 минут назад, Waeleto сказал:

Eh ? are you sure you haven't turned crossplay off ? turning it off places you in separate servers only with people who also have it off so that might be it

From my experience recruitment chat is never empty 

I was in the game just now. =)

There were people in the recruitment chat, but nobody was even talking, and I'm seeing that quite a lot. So you can guess that I'm not a bit fan of this chat.

Edited by Grigerbest
  • Like 1

I'm not going to argue with anyone, you guys know better than me anyway.

I'm just thinking it's unfair to other players, it's very disrespectful of others time.

Also I think that... The guy who was playing warframe for such a long time just must have at least some basic understanding of what you should not do, when you play with others.

Unless this guy is a total douchebag.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Grigerbest said:

Also I think that... The guy who was playing warframe for such a long time just must have at least some basic understanding of what you should not do, when you play with others.

When you assume what other players know, you put yourself at risk of being wrong and coming to faulty conclusions.  If you live in the world long enough, you'll eventually learn how easy and common it is for other people to go through life without learning things that you take for granted.

My earnest recommendation is to do both yourself and other players the kindness of not making assumptions.  Assume other players are operating in good faith unless you have solid evidence that they aren't.  I've found that when I remind myself that other people may not know what I know, I'm much less likely to get frustrated.  Being frustrated isn't fun, so that makes my life better.

When you start a random match, expect that you're going to be matched with players who have learned literally nothing in all of their time playing Warframe.  That way you'll never be disappointed, and most of the time you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Hope this helps!

Edited by (PSN)Unstar
typo
  • Like 2

the devs designed it this way to let players run off solo while in a group in a endless mode. it is at the end of the day a developers problem, which if we go by the vocal minority on the forums, is not an issue according to them. its very ironic too because basically everyone that speaks on this has encountered this problem before when playing with randoms. so either it IS a wide spread issue in random public matchmaking or it isn't. the vocal minority doesn't seem to be able to stick with one coherent story.

to me though, i wish they would address this issue, but i digress as i already made a topic about this.

Edited by latetier

Player issue, he either didn't know or didn't care. Not griefing though. He's playing the game as designed.

It's more of a game design issue, with the mob spawn parameters designed to follow individual players, and indirectly drawing players further and further away from their team as they chase spawns. For fissures - enemies getting corrupted only if a fissure spawns near them. If a team kills too fast they run the risk of having insufficient enemies getting corrupted, and may not collect enough reactant by the end of the timer. And of course having reactant drop for a guy 200m away means his team can't see it.

The mechanics of enemy spawns and reactant collection are very flawed in the current state, there's a lot to be done but DE obviously aren't prioritizing this right now.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Grigerbest said:

I'm just thinking it's unfair to other players, it's very disrespectful of others time.

I don't camp, I never have camped. We do however stay close until all people in the squad have 10 reactant. After that do your thing until the next relic selection.

And (in Steel Path) we've never had issues with spawns or reactants because we kill efficiently and pay attention to the map and where players are roaming to and fro to get the kills and keep spawns up. I also pay attention to who is barely killing and "help them along" so we keep the spawns up.

Likewise, marking reactant with WP in the event It all spawns in 1 area. 

All of these things can make for a successful relic run. 

To be honest, the one or two times I've been asked to camp have been since I came back after a long break last year. I have a Zaw named "Go Hiking not Camping" just for those occasions.

When I first started playing as an MR 9, I recall someone getting cussed out by a MR 23, which was extremely high MR at the time for asking to sit in one place and basically AFK. This was during the spin to wind days of Atterax slaying on the old Corpus tilesets right around the time Fortuna came out. 

What you're describing isn't griefing, it's more so a player doesn't want to be bored to death standing in one spot for 30-60 minutes. 

If you want to play that way, more power to you but some people actually want to play the game in a way that feels engaging to them, allows them to use their arsenal and abilities and that is not griefing in the least if it contributes to mission completion. 

I get your frustration in a sense. There are sometimes that people chat in squad to helpful or help correct some aspect of a mission for everyone's benefit and someone is oblivious and just doesn't notice til later on. I recall being that guy early on in my Tenno hood, it's a learning curve for sure.

But really, if you want to do a static farm find a group that has the same interests, you'll save yourself a lot of headache that way. 

I hope this helps and please don't take this as me trying to be condescending, it's really not meant that way at all. 

Edited by NeDesitVirtus
clarity
  • Like 3

If you're not getting enough reactant, that's entirely on you. The mode drops several times more reactant than you need if you're actually playing the mode correctly. Sounds like your little "agreed to stay put" squad doesn't know how the mode works and thus you got clapped for it. I suggest you own your failure and go educate yourself on how the mode works, rather than shift blame onto others.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hexerin said:

If you're not getting enough reactant, that's entirely on you. The mode drops several times more reactant than you need if you're actually playing the mode correctly. Sounds like your little "agreed to stay put" squad doesn't know how the mode works and thus you got clapped for it. I suggest you own your failure and go educate yourself on how the mode works, rather than shift blame onto others.

brain rot reply right here

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Grigerbest said:

I wish Void corruption rotate between each player so it won't matter how far players are apart reactants will drop for each player. Though the bigger issue is there's a cap to how many enemy units can be on the map.

22 minutes ago, latetier said:

brain rot reply right here

Spotted the person who wipes enemies before they get corrupted, and then comes crying to the forum about "nOt EnOuGh ReAcTaNt!1!!1!"

• Like 4