Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I'm loathing the eventual discussion surrounding Xaku happening again since their Prime is soon.

I remember around the time before and after Xaku had released, there seemed to be an air of confusion surrounding their gender identity. Some people assumed they were female because of certain body parts looking feminine and the 'release date order pattern' supposedly confirming them as such. Others said that it didn't matter but would still label them as a male and whatnot. And even when confirmation came through that Xaku was indeed nonbinary, they would still be treated poorly as some would say that it's impossible for a Warframe to be nonbinary, that there are only two sexes, and the usual outdated rhetoric one could expect.

It sorta irked me that the first nonbinary Warframe got a lot of flak simply for being different and the first of their kind, and I'm worried that there's gonna be a repeat of it once their Prime releases (as it's coming up soon in the summer) with people not respecting their identity. Especially considering that the Prime Release Order pattern is supposed to be a female then female Warframe, I can definitely see people going "see! see! They were a female!!". It's one thing to not understand it or be confused, but to deliberately mislabel and appropriate a different gender onto them is another.

I'm hoping that the WF community has gotten accustomed to Xaku already, but I have a feeling that it may not have been completely tempered.

• Like 5

Posted (edited)

They are officially non-binary according to the devs and lore, so there isn't much to be confused about. The "prime release order" is non-official, there's no list the devs have posted anywhere or stick to as far as I know, so Xaku filling in for a missing male or female slot makes no difference either way.

If homophobes want to out themselves just to mislabel/misgender a character in a videogame, then hey, it just makes it easier to report them

Edited by Pakaku
  • Like 16

I still question if non binary is an appropriate tag when they're literally three frames merged together. As they're less so identifying as "they" but just are a "they" in the same way you'd refer to a group of people as they.

Regardless, I'll never understand why some people get so hung up over these kinds of things like DE is personally attacking them with such inclusions. But if the drama does make a return hopefully the mods will be more aggressive with merging/deleting.

• Like 11

I feel that Xaku is simply plural, like the wiki says he's 'a composite'. I like what the person above wrote, 'they' fits Xaku, not as gender-neutral pronoun, but as in referring the quantity.

Assigning a gender to a group is inaccurate, but more so assigning gender to a thing that just not meant to be gendered. He's a skeleton by the core, and I'm guessing that skeleton didn't come from any of the 3 lost frames, but it came from the Void itself. Xaku just isn't supposed to be defined by the lost frames than formed Xaku's outer shell. Xaku is just Xaku's own identity.

• Like 6

53 minutes ago, Xycelium said:

with people not respecting their identity.

I'm not sure xaku cares all that much. 

I mean, gender is made up anyway, like people enjoy saying around here, and this is a game full of werewolves, mummies, space ghosts, pregnant angels, and other works of otherworldly fantasy.

The shark has been jumped a very long time ago. None of this matters anymore.

• Like 9

59 minutes ago, Xycelium said:

I remember around the time before and after Xaku had released, there seemed to be an air of confusion surrounding their gender identity. Some people assumed they were female because of certain body parts looking feminine and the 'release date order pattern' supposedly confirming them as such. Others said that it didn't matter but would still label them as a male and whatnot. And even when confirmation came through that Xaku was indeed nonbinary, they would still be treated poorly as some would say that it's impossible for a Warframe to be nonbinary, that there are only two sexes, and the usual outdated rhetoric one could expect.

It sorta irked me that the first nonbinary Warframe got a lot of flak simply for being different and the first of their kind, and I'm worried that there's gonna be a repeat of it once their Prime releases (as it's coming up soon in the summer) with people not respecting their identity. Especially considering that the Prime Release Order pattern is supposed to be a female then female Warframe, I can definitely see people going "see! see! They were a female!!". It's one thing to not understand it or be confused, but to deliberately mislabel and appropriate a different gender onto them is another.

I'm hoping that the WF community has gotten accustomed to Xaku already, but I have a feeling that it may not have been completely tempered.

So you're dreading a debate being started about this subject all over again, so you decide to bring the topic up yourself.

Interesting tactic.

Let's see how this plays out.

• Like 10

Posted (edited)

OP, once upon a time there was a thread saying that the (to be released) Jade Shadows quest "will be nothing but another glorified tutorial of the new ascension game mode".

Try not to predict too much ok?

Edited by RichardKam
  • Like 2

I understand and empathise. 

My personal general advice (meaning to no one in particular so specifically, but also to anyone and everyone who may wish to consider it), from a place of empathy, sincerity and experience is to... Let me put it this way. Generally the Warframe Forums, as far as rules and guidelines, often prefer certain topics of a certain nature, not necessarily be too heavily focused on, if not necessarily relevant, or appropriate. That being said sometimes they can be a little bit more relevant, for example recently we had a thread about Pride that was kept up, had moderator participation, and we were able to discuss some relatively polarising subjects. 

My particular background, understanding of science, history, Pride related issues, broader understandings around politics, rhetoric, language, people (I am a pretty curious about a lot of things), I already knew, that I was going to see ideas, arguments and points, I would consider sheltered, naive, inaccurate, but also a little sad, just as far as being a little belligerent and malignant. Not in a judgmental person to person way, but thats often a large issue with anonymous online conversations where you are participating with an unknown amount of potential participants. There are going to be people who read what I said, and could think "Oh, you think you just know it all don't you, and people who disagree with your personal worldview are sheltered and naive idiots. Get off your high horse buddy and stop virtue signalling!" and some will think "I think I get what they are saying, people don't exist in vacuums, their life experiences, education, age, lived experiences, parental and family situation, financial situations, potential country and cultural factors, may be exerting pressures against that individual that may mean on certain topics they are going to be relatively sheltered and naive over, and thats not necessarily inherently negative or an example of a negative character flaw, just a neutral fact. The same way that I or someone may be completely ignorant to what the current top 10 pop songs in the USA is right now (or what even is the general metric people use these days), and sometimes that can also lead to some pretty unfortunate conclusions and beliefs."

One interpretation is more accurate to my intent, the other considerably less so, but misunderstandings and miscommunications happen all the time, and are also things that people, as individuals, and groups sort of have to learn to navigate around and deal with. Like thats dealing with biases, presuppositions, axioms, assumptions, ego, emotion, as well. 

Also when we are dealing with important issues that are close to and relevant to peoples lives, safety, education and career opportunities, family, friends, loved ones safety, either first hand or second hand, human rights, validity, innate basic respect and or of being allowed to exist without threat, danger, harm, etc its naturally going to be personal for a lot of people. So certain discourse will be something to loathe, worry about, be preemptively annoyed about. 

So whilst I wouldn't try to diminish that potential, I do think its generally good idea to try and learn how to filter that and process it, in a way to make it more manageable. Usually often its not even really that personal. Not that I am excusing individuals personal responsibilities, actions, attitudes etc just that many people often overemphasis and misunderstand how much agency, control, people have over their own beliefs, ideas, knowledge, understanding and underestimate subconscious influences, pressures, and forces that shape them and their beliefs. Like one of my favourite ways to frame that, is to talk to people about socioeconomic mobility. Since a lot of people believe, that the harder one works, the more success they will experience. Then you start to ask them questions and talk about socioeconomic mobility and data and understanding we have, and comparisons of different countries, and the current ideas we have about different influences and variables and how and when they can shift depending on certain countries policies and approaches to financial systems, education, rehabilitation, as well as things like family strictures and wealth distribution and then you find out they have never heard the term socioeconomic mobility before... then say something like "well seems pretty obvious and like common sense that if you work harder, you will succeed so, all that other stuff sounds pointless". 

Now it might sound like i am making fun of that person, but not really. I was that person too, even at school, as a teen when many peoples core ideas of the world around them are formed and solidified. Certain pretty important ideas aren't taught at school and different countries and areas schools can vary in quality anyway... Some schools don't (didn't might be more accurate potentially) even want to teach Evolution as an actual scientific theory, with the explanation that "theory", in the scientific sense, is stronger than say... a fact or truth, and not the same as "theory" the way some people use it casually or informally so like...

What I am basically getting at, is that yeah, there will be some, possibly many people with really bad takes, uninformed views, poorly educated perspectives, and that shouldn't be a surprise, since such views pop up already, especially during Pride month, but if you are around the forums, you will notice them here and there, and they do indeed suck. The worst ones, the ones that are really hateful, or gross, you should flag, since DE doesn't want them, and many will be deleted and the user warned, and generally be moderated. The ones that aren't necessarily hateful... eh yeah, again I get it, but I don't know. I wouldn't want people to have that as a source of annoyance or frustration preemptively, when we can instead collectively anticipate and look forward to Tennocon instead. Plus Aoi, and Arthur, plus the changes to Heirlooms, and 1999, and that we do have a non binary Warframe, that DE is adamant about, and we also have Ticker, and that well spoilers for Whispers, but **that** relationship. Like try not let the knowledge of some people "not getting it", ruin the potential joy you could feel too. If you can help it I mean. Obviously such views in other context like real life can be more immediate and threatening. 

Take care all. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, trst said:

I still question if non binary is an appropriate tag when they're literally three frames merged together. As they're less so identifying as "they" but just are a "they" in the same way you'd refer to a group of people as they.

Well, it's kinda in the name, right? Xaku is composed of three other Warframes, Nonbinary refers to not being apart of a binary structure; so I say it perfectly fits.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, SolStreak said:

I feel that Xaku is simply plural, like the wiki says he's 'a composite'. I like what the person above wrote, 'they' fits Xaku, not as gender-neutral pronoun, but as in referring the quantity.

Assigning a gender to a group is inaccurate, but more so assigning gender to a thing that just not meant to be gendered. He's a skeleton by the core, and I'm guessing that skeleton didn't come from any of the 3 lost frames, but it came from the Void itself. Xaku just isn't supposed to be defined by the lost frames than formed Xaku's outer shell. Xaku is just Xaku's own identity.

Who are you talking about? I'm talking about Xaku, and you keep on referring to this other "he". Are you referring to Chroma? Sevagoth? Nekros?

Okay in all seriousness, you are partially correct on the basis that Xaku is considered to be a pluriform as the wiki labels them, since that does most accurately describe their current state. However, I believe you seem to also miss parts of the wiki that literally refer to them properly;

• Xaku is a composite of three Warframes that used to be beneficiaries of the Entrati. Throughout the ages, the trio were lost to the Void. Over time, their shattered remnants fused together into the being that is now known as Xaku.
  • Broken Warframes adrift in the Void converged to create Xaku. Together, they deal high damage. Xaku proves that the sum of the whole is greater than its parts.

Now if you want to assume that Xaku is simply just the skeleton by itself, then they would still be a composite of the three Warframes, because those three are still controlling Xaku even in their Skeletal form. How else do you think Xaku is still able to perform 'The Lost' while in that form? And quite literally, Xaku is defined by the lost frames that compose them.

And I just wanted point out the sentence I highlighted real quick, because I'm not sure if you realize you sorta contradicted yourself. First, you can in fact assign a gender to a group. If a group is all male, you can refer to them as such, and vice versa and either way. We already do so when we refer to groups as "they", as that is literally a gendered pronoun (as it refers to multiple or indeterminate gender). Second, how are you going to say something is not to be gendered, and then right afterwards gender it? It's frankly quite confusing on your part.

2 hours ago, Kaiga said:

I'm not sure xaku cares all that much.

I mean, as someone who is nonbinary themselves, I feel like I would notice if someone kept on referring to a character with my identity as something they aren't.

2 hours ago, Kaiga said:

I mean, gender is made up anyway, like people enjoy saying around here, and this is a game full of werewolves, mummies, space ghosts, pregnant angels, and other works of otherworldly fantasy.

Well yes, gender is made up; it's a social construct. Not necessarily in the realm of fairy tale fantasy as gender is still a real thing that people grasp onto, but I digress.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, (PSN)CUInc said:

Why is everyone saying that Xaku is gonna be the next prime?(besides, protea prime hasn’t even been out for that long) I haven’t seen anything about it.

It's either Xaku or Yareli following the usual order. Xaku had about 3x the playtime of Yareli last year, and the announcement for the next PA should be at Tennocon. Big event + popular frame. Protea released at the start of May so Tennocon will be right around the usual 3 months.

22 minutes ago, Xycelium said:

I feel like I would notice if someone kept on referring to a character with my identity as something they aren't.

Frames are made from different people, and gender is a personal choice, so why would every frame of a certain model be the same gender?

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Xycelium said:

And even when confirmation came through that Xaku was indeed nonbinary

• I think the wiki says it best, Xaku is a "pulriform". They are 3 different "dead/lost" frames put together to form a new one. They are no more "non-bianary" than Frankenstein's monster is. In fact, as far as I know, we don't even know if Xaku is comprised of male and female parts, as they very well could be 3 male frames put together.
    • Not to mention, "non-binary" is all about "gender" according to those that bring it up. And supposedly gender has nothing to do with what sex you are.... And that's all 99% of frames are, are near mindless "puppets" that are comprised of nothing but what is physically left... which is to say their sex.
      • (What our frames did in the Second Dream is the most the majority of them can do mentally alone in the most extreme of cases (break a single sword). In fact, the only 2 "frames" that have any real mental capacity left are 2 straight guys (at the very least 1) that kept their sanity from the sheer rage of seeking vengeance for their biological families.)
  • Personally, Xaku looks like a dude to me and I will continue to call him that. Him being slotted into the "female" spot means nothing to me, because he's a pulriform at the end of the day, and it means I get one of my favorite frames primed 3+ months faster than the alternative.

Frames have nothing to do with gender, as "gender is a construct" as supporters of this idea love to tote. But frames have no mind to "construct" ideas with. Stop trying to insert your issues and ideologies into things that have nothing to do with them. It's grating and counterproductive.

37 minutes ago, (PSN)CUInc said:

Why is everyone saying that Xaku is gonna be the next prime?(besides, protea prime hasn’t even been out for that long) I haven’t seen anything about it.

Because frames follow their original release order for the most part and go male>male>female>female repeat. Rarely DE will bump up a frame one slot younger for some reason (i.e. Wukong and Atlas). And the next slot is female. And since there's so few female frames in that time period, Xaku the pluriform is likely to be chosen for said slot.

So if that's the case it's like an 85% chance it's Xaku and a 15% chance it's Yareli.

(Protea has also been out for 2 months and we're supposed to get a prime every 3 months (aka 4 a year).)

Edited by KitMeHarder
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, trst said:

Regardless, I'll never understand why some people get so hung up over these kinds of things like DE is personally attacking them with such inclusions. But if the drama does make a return hopefully the mods will be more aggressive with merging/deleting.

Because some people hate that the world is complex, and people even moreso.  It scares them.  Anything that doesn't fit into their narrow world view is seen as a direct challenge to them that they must stamp out.  They don't like how the world is changing, all these "new" things are being forced into everything.  Despite the fact that all of the things they're railing against have been things for centuries.  It's just like the "rise" of left handed people.  There wasn't an increase in left handed people, teachers just stopped being allowed to force kids (often through violence) to become right handed.  There aren't more people identifying as something other than strict male or female, people are just being allowed to be themselves.  Well, somewhat.  There's still a lot of work to be done, especially in some areas.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, (PSN)Lollybomb said:

Because some people hate that the world is complex, and people even moreso.  It scares them.  Anything that doesn't fit into their narrow world view is seen as a direct challenge to them that they must stamp out.  They don't like how the world is changing, all these "new" things are being forced into everything.  Despite the fact that all of the things they're railing against have been things for centuries.  It's just like the "rise" of left handed people.  There wasn't an increase in left handed people, teachers just stopped being allowed to force kids (often through violence) to become right handed.  There aren't more people identifying as something other than strict male or female, people are just being allowed to be themselves.  Well, somewhat.  There's still a lot of work to be done, especially in some areas.

I don't care if the world is complex but in a game it's quite simple as I see it just play it and enjoy it, psycho analysing it to death can't be healthy, hell I grew up in a time when we weren't allowed to write lefthanded. lol

--------------------------------------------------

I just wish we could leave this pc police and wokeism or whatever it's called out in the real world and stop looking for things to complain about in a game, just get on with playing a fantasy game and stop bringing real life into a game.

I play games to escape real-life drama, yes I could stop reading the forums and just play the game like a good little head in the sand ostrich, just that 60 years ago all this stuff was just well unheard of.

I'm glad I grew up as a kid in a time when you didn't need to be involved in world/human events and had fun as a child outside, these days with access to social media at very young ages issues are forced down the throat of anyone wanting to hang off fact or fiction shown in them.

I've got nothing against all the views of others, it just seems so many things are their way or no way, look at Xaku for a prime in-game example players wanted the skeleton to stay whole others liked the look.

I know my post will offend someone, my views are my view/opinions what would the world be if it didn't? 

• Like 4

1小时前 , Xycelium 说:

Who are you talking about? I'm talking about Xaku, and you keep on referring to this other "he". Are you referring to Chroma? Sevagoth? Nekros?

Okay in all seriousness, you are partially correct on the basis that Xaku is considered to be a pluriform as the wiki labels them, since that does most accurately describe their current state. However, I believe you seem to also miss parts of the wiki that literally refer to them properly;

• Xaku is a composite of three Warframes that used to be beneficiaries of the Entrati. Throughout the ages, the trio were lost to the Void. Over time, their shattered remnants fused together into the being that is now known as Xaku.
  • Broken Warframes adrift in the Void converged to create Xaku. Together, they deal high damage. Xaku proves that the sum of the whole is greater than its parts.

Now if you want to assume that Xaku is simply just the skeleton by itself, then they would still be a composite of the three Warframes, because those three are still controlling Xaku even in their Skeletal form. How else do you think Xaku is still able to perform 'The Lost' while in that form? And quite literally, Xaku is defined by the lost frames that compose them.

And I just wanted point out the sentence I highlighted real quick, because I'm not sure if you realize you sorta contradicted yourself. First, you can in fact assign a gender to a group. If a group is all male, you can refer to them as such, and vice versa and either way. We already do so when we refer to groups as "they", as that is literally a gendered pronoun (as it refers to multiple or indeterminate gender). Second, how are you going to say something is not to be gendered, and then right afterwards gender it? It's frankly quite confusing on your part.

I mean, as someone who is nonbinary themselves, I feel like I would notice if someone kept on referring to a character with my identity as something they aren't.

Well yes, gender is made up; it's a social construct. Not necessarily in the realm of fairy tale fantasy as gender is still a real thing that people grasp onto, but I digress.

It is funny. People nowadays seems so fixated on this whole gender things that makes you wonder if English is evolving into French or something.

Xaku is a warframe, and is a composite of three warframes. He/She/Whatever is literally a frankenstein monster, component of warframes stitched together. Are we trying to assign gender to frankenstein monster as well? Is The Ship of Theseus non-binary? Shall I change the pronoun of my car after replacing its engine? Given the Helminth section has some degree of intelligence, would it be considered offensive if I gave him a boy or girl name without the Helminth consent?

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, KitMeHarder said:

And supposedly gender has nothing to do with what sex you are...

In some older scientific literature, sometimes sex and gender were conflated into one concept or idea, and this also reflected certain general ideas, but were also reflective of certain ideas and beliefs as well, but the neat thing about science, is that its constantly being refined and modified for a variety of reasons. For example, one of my favourite  outdated scientific ideas that persisted for a long long time, and much longer than its successor theory, was the idea humans had four humors that needed to be balanced for optimal health. You go back 700 years and try to tell people that its more complex than just variables and people will think you are crazy and possibly a witch. 

In current modern times, scientifically (and to be transparent, I am no life long career biologist or anything), but as far as terminology and scientific understanding, gender is now better framed or understood as a social construct, in the sense that its about a persons sense or inner sense of being, including perception, identification, expression, which can be reflected by, and informed by, be influenced by, and generally shaped by social, cultural, ideas, distinctions, language so on. Where as sex, as in biological sex, tends to be framed and better understood as an attempt at biological classification, for certain specific purposes. Like categorisation in science is important, to try and be objective, figure out stuff, create effective models. Like there is a broad idea of biological sex, but human biology can be quite different from many other Earth species biology, including aspects around sex. That doesn't mean though that ideas around biological sex are static and unchanging once thought of. Maybe less so relative to say gender because that involves a whole lot more subjective elements. Like some outdated science ideas in some countries, didn't allow for the possibility of gay animals. Like the language was literally lacking. Like the idea was that some humans might engage in same sex sexual behaviour, but that it wasn't normal or natural, and then scientific disputes would happen, because some scientists would document, study or report same sex sexual behaviour in non human animals. 

Like you probably know that the term/word homosexual didn't come about until 1869, and then become standardised around 1886. Humans and animals have been engaging in homosexual behaviour and activity far far longer. Obviously there were other terms for the idea too, like say "Sexual inversion". Thing is, myself, I assume yourself, and many other people? We (mostly, probably?) aren't over 140 years old. So homosexuality isn't a woke political term some people just randomly made up for an agenda. Mind you, there are still some people that think that non human animals are all "straight" and thus straight is natural, and anything else is a sin, and they are completely oblivious or ignorant to all the scientifically reported and discussed homosexual behaviour and activity in non human animals. 

Back to biological sex though, in humans specifically, (we start talking about other animals and things get pretty different, pretty fun pretty fast), there are certain variables we tend to emphasis over others. Like historically and traditionally a lot of cultures it was external genitalia which was the biggest variable. Later on, the idea of producing sperm or eggs (and then some who might say the "exception". Then often, certain variables may overlap, like say secondary sex characteristics, hormones, chromosomes, (once technology progressed enough we could make such distinctions) and for some, there was enough overlap and consistency that you can argue a binary exists. With any exceptions or inconsistencies being its own different thing, like say intersex. That being in relatively recent times, the idea of sex being bimodal has gained traction, amongst many in relevant fields. I follow some (as in not your random anonymous Twitter "woke" negative stereotype person, that some might like to think are the types to push such agendas, but actual biologists, scientists etc), but to my current understanding, its not necessarily a universally accepted idea, its well its complicated and I am trying my best to be concise and relatively simple and accessible to those that aren't super into the science). 

Another thing to consider is the context of being general, or being specific. So trying to discuss all animals on Earth biological sex, can get pretty complicated with lots of differences, fuzzy lines, exceptions to the general rules, unusual oddities, modifiers etc but even when we start to get more specific, well, there can be other things to consider within that context. Like how we frame "exceptions" and "outliers". Like you know, people with red hair. Now sex and gender also aren't in a vacuum, especially human biological sex and gender, gender ideas, and gender terminology. Naturally and somewhat obviously, they have often been tied to each other and are related, historically and even today. A lot of countries modern ideas around gender likely have roots or basis from observations, patterns and understandings around sex. No one should try to deny or argue that, the important, contentious part, is how much is subjective perception and influence how much is fact based reality. For example, some people believe that certain colours are "biologically coded", even though that tends to be more of a cultural thing. 

1 hour ago, KitMeHarder said:

as "gender is a construct" as supporters of this idea love to tote.

Its not really a "supporters" thing. More of a historical context and scientific understanding thing, with a bit of language and culture to the side. I want to address this, because framing can be important. A lot of people who were/are anti evolution for example, liked to swap out the theory of evolution for "Darwinism", because then they could attempt to make the scientific theory, less about science and more about the individual of Darwin and any failings or character flaws they might have. Like "oh, evolution? You mean those Darwinists supporters, who worship Darwin and have faith in science", when anyone with more scientific understanding knows that the scientific theory is more robust, expansive and larger than Charles Darwin/s understanding/knowledge. There are also plenty of non political scientific organisations that have credible explanations, definitions around such things. 

Hope that gives some context, thanks and all the best to you. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Xycelium said:

If the discussion around Jade on these forums has been any indication, I think the community is probably no better than it was when Xaku first released.

I would prepare for things to get messy for a while.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, --Leyenda-yight6 said:

Wouldn't it be xaku and lavos?

Has to be a female (or in Xaku's case a wild card) since prime release follow FF MM order. We had Gauss and Grendel, not we have Protea and _____. It's unlikely to be Yareli since they'd be forced to shift 2-3 frames (Xaku, Sevagoth, Lavos) forward or backward in release order, while Xaku keeps everything simple.

• Like 1

Xaku is more of a multipurpose option rather than some gender-identity-issue hurdle. According to the traditional MMFF prime rotation, a non-male frame is due next to be primed. Xaku and Yarelli are the oldest non-male frames. DE could go with either.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TsukuyomiNoGeki said:

Hol'up

Does that mean there's a small chance to get Yareli next instead of waiting next year? 

The only hold up is that Xaku is much more popular than Yarelli.

Xaku's 1.43% play rate vs. Yarelli's 0.52% play rate.

Although I'm sure folks who despise k-drive would appreciate a better avenue to playing as Yarelli.

• Like 1

I don't think people will use the prime rotation as an argument for Xaku having different pronouns from they/them. Cause it's a move motivated by money to make sure Xaku, a much more popular frame is released around tennocon, the time when interest in the game is at it's peak. It also doesn't really change the cycle that much, just go protea > xaku > Yar > lavos > Seva. You still have FFMM cycle with just an exception thrown in between.

7 hours ago, Slayer-. said:

I just wish we could leave this pc police and wokeism or whatever it's called out in the real world

Nah f*ck that, if we did that with video games they'd be bland as sh*t. Samus would be another dude in armor, Fallout would just be walking in a wasteland with no one to talk to, the Metal Gear series would evaporate into non-existence, I prefer when creators push the envelope and go into unknown territory instead of walking on eggshells to avoid Gamer tantrums.

• Like 6