Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I'm not the only one who thinks the Regal Aya is kind of a ripoff right??

So, I like the idea of Regal Aya, it's a way for players to get specific prime items without having to buy the enitire pack. On paper it works. But last time I looked at things (and I don't know why it took me this long because when I did I was looking at Titania Prime's accessories) I found the price for Regal Aya compared to how much I'd be getting is a complete ripoff. It was to the point I actually felt it would be more worth buying the accessories pack itself considering how little you get from buying the Regal Aya bundles. Even the bonus platinum doesn't make it feel worth the price being paid.

"Just don't buy it" is one thing I can already see coming from this, but can I send feedback without that tired answer always being given?

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Techmaster7032 said:

But last time I looked at things (and I don't know why it took me this long because when I did I was looking at Titania Prime's accessories) I found the price for Regal Aya compared to how much I'd be getting is a complete ripoff.

Provide the numbers to back that claim.

• Like 3

hace 9 minutos, Techmaster7032 dijo:

"Just don't buy it" 

That is the only correct answer, a company is not going to lower the price of something that makes money to satisfy ppl that are not willing to pay.

Simply if you don't want it, don't buy it, period.  Besides, you know, there are laws and things like that.

And let it be clear that I have never spent on a ''regal aya'', as you say it seems expensive to me but I am sure that there are people who don't care about that and can spend that money without complaining.

Edited by CosoMalvadoNG
  • Like 3

It's a rip-off and it's obscured by the way the pricing is set up, which is pretty deceptive. The fact that the "value" is padded out with Plat to force you to over-spend, instead of adjusting the original numbers to be more in-line with the Prime pack values so you only spend what you need to, is also a pretty big red flag in itself

Edited by Pakaku
  • Like 5

19 minutes ago, CosoMalvadoNG said:

That is the only correct answer, a company is not going to lower the price of something that makes money to satisfy ppl that are not willing to pay.

Simply if you don't want it, don't buy it, period.  Besides, you know, there are laws and things like that.

And let it be clear that I have never spent on a ''regal aya'', as you say it seems expensive to me but I am sure that there are people who don't care about that and can spend that money without complaining.

laws? for what? and i get that the generally the knee jerk reaction is pedestal the corperation and get on knee. take a victim stance have no control over any of this. 

so some corrective hyperbol? yes ? 
  if no-notta-one . single . indivdual . persson is willing to pay, right? your making zeeero dollars, right?
your made aware by marketing research  a wide spread general consesus of what people would pay. 
you have payroll utlites server costs etc  payment due in a week. do u think your are gonna make your pho currecny  a little cheaper? cuz it costs u essentailly nothing to make. ultimatey. 
so now your nice and cynical.... do u want a medal?
LAMO ROFL WTF? "let me be clear?" LOL......... no one asked if u did!!!! nor accused u!!! =D=D lol  just couldnt resist? mmmm that high horse seat soo shiney? lol .  now its so far away unless: consider the matter honestly and come back witha substative response...who you respond to will show if im on the right track remember
its not about you. =O 

I thought we bullied DE into ensuring the packs being equal when the unvaultings where changed to regal aya. I remember them trying to sell packs of regal aya for the same price as previous unvaulting packs but "forgetting" to put in the plat those packs had.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb OuroborosGhost:

laws?

it's embarrassing enough that people are talking about mythical "laws"...
THERE ARE NO RULES HERE! the company can do whatever it wants. the account doesn't belong to me and I can't sue the company if they ban me without reason! the police won't do anything and tears won't help either...

Edited by Venus-Venera
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Pakaku said:

It's a rip-off and it's obscured by the way the pricing is set up, which is pretty deceptive. The fact that the "value" is padded out with Plat to force you to over-spend, instead of adjusting the original numbers to be more in-line with the Prime pack values so you only spend what you need to, is also a pretty big red flag in itself

Yeah, except DE manipulated the majority of the playerbase with the "you can choose exactly what cosmetics you want, so it's fine" and it worked. The fact they tried to pad that value with Endo before Platinum really shows you their true intentions with Regal Aya as a system to be honest.

• Like 3

Lol, actually look at the numbers. It's effectively an even exchange for the majority of packs and is a gigantic discount when you only want individual items.

The only time it's a bit questionable is when considering Primed Noggles as they used to be a "free" addition for buying a pack with a frame. However at the same time you can now buy them without being forced to buy farmable items.

Edit: actually there is the one other exception which is relevant with Mesa being in Resurgence. That being Primes that came with a non-standard selection of accessories like Mesa having the alt helmet thrown in. In those cases buying only the accessories does come at an increased cost. However their full bundles (the ones that include the gear) is the same price as old PV and you can still get their Noggle, or anything for 1 Raya, without spending more.

Edited by trst
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Techmaster7032 said:

So, I like the idea of Regal Aya, it's a way for players to get specific prime items without having to buy the enitire pack. On paper it works. But last time I looked at things (and I don't know why it took me this long because when I did I was looking at Titania Prime's accessories) I found the price for Regal Aya compared to how much I'd be getting is a complete ripoff. It was to the point I actually felt it would be more worth buying the accessories pack itself considering how little you get from buying the Regal Aya bundles. Even the bonus platinum doesn't make it feel worth the price being paid.

"Just don't buy it" is one thing I can already see coming from this, but can I send feedback without that tired answer always being given?

There was an absolute riot about this when it first dropped, because the old pricing before the Resurgence system was much better.  They fixed some of the issues in the original system because of that riot, like charging as much as they are right now but not including plat, but it's still mathematically worse than how it was.  Part of that price increase justification on their part was because they were letting us buy things individually, instead of only in bundles.  I half understand and still half disagree with this.  But no, you're not alone because a massive part of the community was mad about this when it dropped.  I still don't like it, but I'm also fortunate enough to have been playing long enough that I'm not missing any primes, so I don't have to interact with the system at all.

I thought the exchange rate was the same. Haven't bought an accessories pack in a bit though. That and Tennogen is all I buy honestly.

I'm so used to old MMOs where I paid to grind much longer that Warframe just can't get me to spend money unless it's cosmetics. Which I prefer anyways. I think I've dumped 4k into Path of Exile since 2013. Warframe considerably less because I only want cosmetics. Tennogen is super cheap and Accessories are hit and miss.

The Heirloom concept might have worked for me but the price point was way off. You have to consider PoE skin are interchangeable with all parts of the body and work on all characters. Spending that same amount of money for one skin on one frame was just a terrible price. Esp if said frame is one rework away from dead.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Techmaster7032 said:

You don't have to buy them, they can be farmed out by the relics or bought via Plat through the Warframe market also. Its a convenience for players who want to spend cash to buy items versus going through the full Prime packages, or just don't want to spend the etxra time

Honestly, it's also not required if you're not grinding for MR30 either. There's a TON of weapons and stuff that can be farmed and built through the regular market with credid bought BPs to build up extra mastery. If you're OCD for completion, then time is money, friend

2 hours ago, HoustonDragon said:

You don't have to buy them, they can be farmed out by the relics or bought via Plat through the Warframe market also.

Accesories cant. He is clearly writing about accesories.

Edited by Zakkhar
  • Like 1

I took a break from WF for a few months, and missed this beauty with the release of Nidus Prime, so I for one am thankful for the introduction of Prime Resurgence as these Prime Accessory items would be impossible to get otherwise. It's been 3 years, so I'm hopeful it will cycle back around soon =)

- Karnolyth Necramech Skin -

0C29aBN.jpeg

"sup b**ches, Mooorrrrrp"

• Like 3

It seemed like everyone was very happy with Regal Aya after the initial change they made shortly after the program launched, and I count myself among the people who thought the system provided a fair value.  Provided they haven't changed anything since then, I certainly don't think it's anywhere close to a rip-off.

• Like 3

Depends. Its been a while since I did the maths as far as prices and all that, and its the kind of thing where local currencies might actually make a small difference, but the last time I personally remember comparing pricing, where I am, the old value of Unvaulted Prime Accessories (which IIRC you could either get as a double pack or single), was a better deal than if you brought the equivalent Regal Aya to use to purchase those items instead. Though it depended a little, since IIRC some accessories can cost different amounts, as far as Regal Aya, plus the way the bundle tiers worked... like depending on what you may have wanted, you might either end up with too much Regal Aya or too little... plus generally IIRC the higher priced bundles tended to be more price efficient... 

Where it can be ideal and cost saving, is the choice involved. Like hypothetically if I had wanted every single item in a Dual Prime Accessories pack, the prices would have been even, and again its been years, so IIRC, a bit cheaper, but if I didn't... like even one item wasn't wanted, then the Regal Aya exchange should be more beneficial/cost saving, along with the flexibility of being able to chose from just your favs/actual wants, from say hypothetically multiple different Prime Accesses. So as far as I am aware, should generally be more beneficial to most, outside certain situations. 

Though it might get a bit tricky if you add in other factors. Like where you around when Regal Aya was initially proposed? It was pretty controversial and had a lot of backlash, and for a few different reasons. I was personally critical because they planned on swapping out the "Bonus Platinum" you usually get with such bundles to add in "Bonus Endo" instead... Which uh... so unless you really really love Endo and don't care for Plat, then how much of a rip off you would have thought then... but they ended up changing that, which was good.

So I personally don't really view it as a rip off myself, well... I mean I kind of do, but only in the sense, I already thought Prime Accessories was/is a rip off in general, like in my area, the new Prime Accessories bundles are the same as brand new games, but... I always remind myself that Warframe uses a FTP model. Thats not... Thats pretty important factor in the equation. I have brought a few Prime Accesses/Accessories specifically, but whilst I like getting some small shiny armour thing, I am never spending that much money because I think its worth it... I'll spend that much money because I thought... Whispers in the Wall was a really great quest, with great content, and the update before that was a huge QOL (and the changes they made to Heirlooms were excellent), and even today they added a 100x Air Support BP, and X2 Forma BP, and I think DE is great and worth supporting. Thats just my own personal metric though obviously, everyone will be different. 

Oh and one other thing, you may also want to post this in the Feedback area. At least thats what others usually recommend (General being more for general discussion), but I don't work here so shrugs. 

11 hours ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

You may also want to post this in the Feedback area. At least thats what others usually recommend (General being more for general discussion), but I don't work here so shrugs. 

Yeah I wasn't even sure where to put this. When I sent a ticket to DE about this same issue the person who responded just told me to go to the forums. They didn't tell me exactly where to go so I took a shot in the dark.

Breaking News: 

Gamers claim any prices they do not agree with are a "rip-off" and seem to assume prices never go up or change for things out in the world as inflation progresses.

Next week on As The Hamster Wheel Turns, we see our main gamer protagonist discover not everyone has the same outlook on entertainment value as they do.

Edited by Zimzala