The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

The prologue quest was a disappointment

This is probably the shortest quest yet in the whole game, can be done 5 minutes or less, without speed running it even.

Nothing special or major, just meh, maybe the soundtrack was single worthwhile thing in the quest.

They could have at least given us the 1999 hub back, since it's what lots of people wanted and enjoyed.

Edited by Zaniver
  • Like 1

I think this update would have been well received if we hadn't already had 2 weeks to look around the mall. Having this be the first look would have been cool. ut since we've already seen everything on the map, it felt lazy.

• Like 7

Valid points here for sure. Our communications regarding The Lotus Eaters wavered between calling it a Quest and also a Prologue, which is a confusing misstep on our part. We should have been labeling it as a Prologue from the get-go and be explicit on just how short, as even saying “short Quest” holds historical context. 

We recognize our new personal record in Prologue length, and our intention wasn’t to overhype it. Setting the 1999 stage of “how and who goes to 1999” was important for us to tell even in its small package within the short amount of development time we had between Jade Shadows and TennoCon.

Appreciate the feedback as always, Tenno! Unannounced Fall Update is next and 1999 coming this winter! 

• Like 21

13 minutes ago, Void2258 said:

I think this update would have been well received if we hadn't already had 2 weeks to look around the mall. Having this be the first look would have been cool. ut since we've already seen everything on the map, it felt lazy.

It felt more than that IMO

16 minutes ago, Zaniver said:

They could have at least given us the 1999 hub back, since it's what lots of people wanted and enjoyed.

I was hoping for this as well

or at least give us SOMETHING, like early access to the Atomicycle, a new weapon, being able to walk around in the City itself, like come on...

For real tho, early access to the Atomicycle, would be a dream come true, maybe send it to our Inbox as another Quest Reward, Please I'll give up anything, you want a sacrifice, I'll sacrifice a Frame or my Kavat, anything D:

Edited by Circle_of_Psi
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Valid points here for sure. Our communications regarding The Lotus Eaters wavered between calling it a Quest and also a Prologue, which is a confusing misstep on our part. We should have been labeling it as a Prologue from the get-go and be explicit on just how short, as even saying “short Quest” holds historical context. 

We recognize our new personal record in Prologue length, and our intention wasn’t to overhype it. Setting the 1999 stage of “how and who goes to 1999” was important for us to tell even in its small package within the short amount of development time we had between Jade Shadows and TennoCon.

Appreciate the feedback as always, Tenno! Unannounced Fall Update is next and 1999 coming this winter! 

I believe I can speak for everyone that an acceptable solution to this problem would be to buff Radial Javelin, maybe make it a pseudo-exalted.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Agall said:

I believe I can speak for everyone that an acceptable solution to this problem would be to buff Radial Javelin, maybe make it a pseudo-exalted.

Your beliefs are misplaced :D

• Like 1

yes it's a little disappointing, this quest is extremely SHORT than normal, I just saw how long I have to do the quest, but frankly it's so short, no enemies, no new weapons except one  , is that we learn that the drifter is going to travel in 1999. This prologue we learn nothing.  it's disappointing.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

Come on Agall, you want a badass Atomicycle or do you want a small power buff?

1 minute ago, 0_The_F00l said:

Your beliefs are misplaced :D

Studies I totally didn't make up state that 80% of the Warframe playerbase's opinion on the overall quality of a patch is proportional to the amount of buffs Excalibur receives. In this case, there were 0. 

• Like 3

I liked it, I just didn't like it in total isolation. 

I'm kind of confused why the Prologue wasn't used as a direct prologue in the 1999 release. Wrenched away as its own thing just makes it seem small and jarring. I think giving it its own named release also made it seem like it would be much more substantial.

Perhaps it was intended to whet our appetites, but I think we're hungering for 1999 already. 

Edited by Schwitzer
  • Like 15

Just now, Schwitzer said:

I'm kind of confused why the Prologue wasn't used as a direct prologue in the 1999 release. Wrenched away as its own thing just makes it seem small and jarring. I think giving it its own named release also made it seem like it would be much more substantial.

Perhaps it was intended to whet our appetites, but I think we're already hungering for 1999 already. 

a very fair comment we'll remember moving forward <3 

• Like 10

hace 1 minuto, Schwitzer dijo:

Perhaps it was intended to whet our appetites, but I think we're already hungering for 1999 already. 

To fill the checkbox of "update launched".

• Like 6

2 hours ago, 0_The_F00l said:

made us follow a cat through an empty mall.

You got a free pager, what more could you expect? :V

Jokes aside the quest was really  mundane, i too was expecting a lot more from it, at least they could have added some new weapons kinda like old TennoReinforcement updates, stuff for us to do aside just grinding for Sevagoth Prime wile we wait for an actual content drop.

15 minutes ago, Agall said:

I wouldnt protest to that, also maybe giving Exalted Blade a Buff and making its Element based on the blade's energy color instead of the frame's energy color.

• Like 4

I must say, adding a 2 minute quest where you follow a cat 2 months after a patch that also added nothing but an afk elevator and theres a bug that you cant complete it if you go into an operator is a GIANT achievemnt, did you not test literally one of the main mechanics of the game being used in the quest?

If this is how a 2 minute quest looks like, im quessing that the Winter patch won't be any less buggy, so if anyone wants to play with not many bugs, i recommend waiting a month after the update drops so they can fix the bugs, so until next year.

• Like 7

33 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Yes the update is in winter, but people will wait a months anyway so they dont have to endure the 50 bugs that will also be added in with the update :)

And im not saying this to be mean, but its crazy how a 2 minute "prologue" was still let out with a damn bug that bricks the mission, this is a total achievement, it took 2 months to make this thing

• Like 6

hace 5 minutos, 2003kamil dijo:

Yes the update is in winter, but people will wait a months anyway so they dont have to endure the 50 bugs that will also be added in with the update :)

And im not saying this to be mean, but its crazy how a 2 minute "prologue" was still let out with a damn bug that bricks the mission, this is a total achievement, it took 2 months to make this thing

They even stopped updates to make this thing. So full dedication to it x'D

• Like 8

12 minutes ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

You got a free pager, what more could you expect? :V

Jokes aside the quest was really  mundane, i too was expecting a lot more from it, at least they could have added some new weapons kinda like old TennoReinforcement updates, stuff for us to do aside just grinding for Sevagoth Prime wile we wait for an actual content drop.

I wouldnt protest to that, also maybe giving Exalted Blade a Buff and making its Element based on the blade's energy color instead of the frame's energy color.

Verglas Prime will be a gold mine of content for me, at least until Radial Javelin gets buffed.

10 minutes ago, Eclipse2024Qc said:

we learn that the drifter is going to travel in 1999.

The only thing of substance is that Operator and Drifter apparently both exist. It isn't one or the other.

Jade Shadows implied that the Canon choice from TNW was Operator....

This somewhat throws a wrench into that, but the question still looms...

If we chose The Drifter, where does The Operator go? Are they in Duviri? If so, I want to play Duviri as my damn Operator. 

Won't lie, I am rather upset that I can't do 1999 as my chosen character. I respect DE's decision. Although it seems like an easy way out. I'd rather be able to skip out on romance by selecting The Operator.

In old 90s games, selecting a character often changed the story of the game/playthrough. With some characters experiencing events differently, having access to exclusive features, etc.

Mega Man X4 comes to mind. Where X got access to X Armor, and experienced a more distant storyline with Repliforce, while Zero did not have access to armor, but experienced a very personal and involved storyline with Repliforce.

The growing Drifter/Operator issue really just makes me wish DE just reconned The Operator Age, gave Drifter an age slider, or made it to where The Operator actually died/was lost in the Void and aged in TNW, this meaning they are permanently replaced by The Drifter. 

Cause now, as far as my mind is concerned....

When one is active in the Origin system, the other is exiled to Duviri. (Yet I can't play as that one in Duviri?)

This is good reason for Duviri combat to be expanded to Operator/Drifter outside of Duviri content...

But I really think this needs to be nipped in the bud. Have one. Not both. I get the fear/reluctance to alienate one character's fan base. But one should be gone. End of story. Make choices matter/have lasting impact.

• Like 7

visiting mall again after tennocon didnt feel that impactful, exploration was prohibited by darkness fog if u fall behind the cat, and mall itself didnt have any NPCs

was at least expecting albrecht to appear

no "lotus eaters" appeared as well, was half-expecting them to be some enemy type

but i did like operator/drifter dialogue, and pager could be used for occasional teasers later on

3 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

I liked it since we got alot of new factual lore info that was earlier speculations and two versions of headcanon. We also got some info regarding why one will be used in 1999 and not the other, and that the two have significantly different meanings for Wally in the story. I really didnt expect more, since we've known for quite a while that this would not be a cert update, so no chance for anything big at all.

Best parts of the update: More lore, more forma from rare tier forma in relics, and last but not least Dorrclave dispo increase.

it's less the expectation of more, but the question why they even bothered, they could have just let us play this as the intro to the next questline. i didn't think we learned anything new either. since there is romance involved, only the drifter could be sent back or did you expect them to allow kids/teens to romance adults?

the other changes have nothing to do with the quest, so i view them as separate additions and i agree that these are nice

• Like 5