The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Lotus Eaters: Hotfix 36.1.4

[DE]Megan

1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:

We have some code changes & fixes for Orbiter lighting coming in the fall Koumei & the Five Fates update!

Awesome to read!

1 hour ago, Binket_ said:

Auto-Melee Toggle.

It's been months now, do it.
Takes 5 minutes at most.

I might misremember, but I thought they stated they'd add a toggle element in the accessibility menu back when this was pitched and presented? I've believed it was there all along but my life was a lie...?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, LittleLeoniePrime said:
1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:

Known issue: The zone VFX does not appear for Clients. 

finally. after like... 2 years lol.

Nine months, but who's counting? :P  (Lethal Levitation genuinely did take more than two years though.)

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, NightmareT12 said:

I might misremember, but I thought they stated they'd add a toggle element in the accessibility menu back when this was pitched and presented?

Nah, Reb herself even went as far as to so crudely say "Just don't Melee, dummy!"

Like, sure Reb-- better yet, why don't apply that logic to all parts of the game?
"Don't like quests, just don't do them silly!"
You just gotta ignore all the progression locks, variety of items obtained from them, lack of direction that follows suite, etc, etc.

Sometimes I can't help but wonder how DE has gotten this far.

• Like 4

vor 3 Stunden schrieb [DE]Megan:

Fixed casting Vauban’s Tesla Nervos on a moving Defense target/platform causing the ability not to work and its sound FX to layer at painful levels (think marbles clanking together at 100 km/h). 

Oh, that was unintentional? I thought that was meant to be a complement to the blinding radiance of stacking enough vortexes with the wrong right energy colour settings.

• Like 2

3 часа назад, Numerounius сказал:

Is this what you're talking about?

Yeah, about this. Greedy Pull is still completely broken since Jade update. To strange that DEvs kinda ignores that issue, ever. No reaction, no explanation, no announcements about that.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

We have some code changes & fixes for Orbiter lighting coming in the fall Koumei & the Five Fates update!

any plans to fix this long-standing bug with cloth? still haven't gotten a DE response on it at all.

• Like 3

Still no  codex fix....🥲 after 4-5 years of waiting 
Still 3 deimos ennemies not spawning on deimos.
Still scanning the Fortress Scanner counts as security camera.
Still a Juno Geminex Moa and a Rogue voidrig duplicate in the codex.
There is still 12 ennemies entries from old event in the codex/simulacrum (put them in simaris hunting list).
Still missing 116 codex entries from existing ennemies and objects.

The warframe codex wiki contains all the information you need to see what bug the codex really has.
Maybe because its someting that require time, it will come with the next uptade.

Edited by Momoque2
  • Like 5

16 hours ago, Binket_ said:

Nah, Reb herself even went as far as to so crudely say "Just don't Melee, dummy!"

More specifically:  If you don't want to use auto-melee then let go of the key.

Old system:  Tap key, get 1 attack, for repeat attacks mash button furiously
New system: Tap key, get 1 attack, for repeat attacks mash button furiously or hold button down

People are acting like we're being stubborn about something, but to be blunt our stance on this issue is one of general confusion: If you prefer mashing the button then we aren't stopping you from doing that. What we've added is convenience for people that want to reduce their finger strain. It isn't clear why this is a problem that NEEDS an option setting since the user is already in control, by their mechanical inputs, whether it get used or not.

• Like 14

45 minutes ago, [DE]Momaw said:

It isn't clear why this is a problem that NEEDS an option setting since the user is already in control

PRECISION. IT'S PRECISION. IT'S ALWAYS BEEN A PRECISION ISSUE.
I know that means nothing to most players since... well... Revenant exists.
Why do the players who do enjoy actually playing a decent level have to suffer though?

Contrary to what you seem to think, if you so much as lightly graze the button in an extremely slow attack at 0.5 Melee Speed?
It doesn't matter how long ago you pressed it, it could've been at the previous attack for all we care-- you end up doing another one.
Yes, I can roll out of it or animation cancel... but just like a loading screen after every 3 minutes? That adds up. A lot.

One could just hypothetically "hold their hand off the button", but that would imply it stops when I want it to.
It's gotten a point where I'm feeling you guys are gonna remove the ability to roll out of Melee attacks.
Not because it's "unintended mechanic", but mainly out of abstract spite. (Can you blame me when stuff like this keeps happening though?)

This isn't even accounting for some bugs that still happen.
Namely one where I just can't toss any objects like Thermia Canisters because thinks I want to Melee... for some reason.

But here's the funny thing though-- what would you lose from making this an option?
Better yet, why is it considered an "Accessibility Function" if it's making the game LESS accessible for me and others?

You have this for Semi-Auto Weapons, there's a toggle there!
(Which I just found out about now, so if I missed it? Chances are many others did too.)
image.png?ex=66d1e186&is=66d09006&hm=a0dccc57df65fa1f0e6726b687f53c654174678362d1d75d14fade6f07080750&=

... but Auto-Melee not having one is the absolute choice you will not budge on?
Call me crazy, but doesn't that seem backwards? Like... who does it hurt, really?

I've seen a handful of others express a similar concern.
Hell, I just replied to one yesterday about this very notion in the previous hotfix.
Why is it enforced? This wouldn't have been an issue at all if there was a toggle for it.

Post-Edit: @FaraTenno, I think you may want in on this.
I don't normally do this... but I think you got your own two cents to add, yeah?

If there's some massive roadblock of code, maybe it'd be more understandable. (Not that we'd know without someone saying that, of course.)
... but this isn't like Channeling, Void Blast, Self-Damage, etc, etc, etc. where mechanics were tied to this.

It's a change that could be as simple as an on/off in the code that addresses a single aspect.
A toggle if you will. A toggle for a specific part of Melee that makes it automated.
Almost like a "Toggle Auto-Melee" option.

Point is: If it's so difficult to implement, explain why.
I've said it before, this is practically a 5 minute fix and it's probably only going to get more unstable the longer you ignore it.
We're not asking for miracles with this. Hell, you could probably get an intern to do this.

Anyway, here's to the next update not having it. I know how this system works, but I'll humor the attempt. Eventually it'll work, right?

Edited by Binket_
Ctrl+F -> "Post-Edit" -> There ya go.
  • Like 5

20 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

Nine months, but who's counting? :P  (Lethal Levitation genuinely did take more than two years though.)

mind you lethal levitation was a fix this is just them adding it to known issues..

Edited by LittleLeoniePrime
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Binket_ said:

Contrary to what you seem to think, if you so much as lightly graze the button in an extremely slow attack at 0.5 Melee Speed?
It doesn't matter how long ago you pressed it, it could've been at the previous attack for all we care-- you end up doing another one.

That is not auto melee. If you press the melee button during a melee attack, the game will queue another attack. Unfortunately I don't know how it worked before the patch that added auto melee, but I suspect just giving you an option to turn off auto melee won't fix this: if you use auto melee, you'll notice that it finishes the current attack and then stops - it feels more responsive than mashing, because mashing will queue up an extra attack, auto melee will not.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, --N-- said:

If you press the melee button during a melee attack, the game will queue another attack.

Partially the issue, Auto-Melee queues this supposed attack-- but with frame windows so small that you have no choice but to USE that attack.
The window I've found was also a lot more generous prior to it, though that might be experience talking.
That and finding Melee Speed basically unusuable anyway.

Most games reward the player for making precise inputs and learning how to effectively use their attacks.
Warframe does the opposite it seems. It punishes you for daring to think there's anything but crude violence in it's future.
Why? I don't know. Monkey's Paw is really my only good answer for that... because there is no good (or even logical) answer.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Binket_ said:

Partially the issue, Auto-Melee queues this supposed attack-- but with frame windows so small that you have no choice but to USE that attack.
The window I've found was also a lot more generous prior to it, though that might be experience talking.
That and finding Melee Speed basically unusuable anyway.

Most games reward the player for making precise inputs and learning how to effectively use their attacks.
Warframe does the opposite it seems. It punishes you for daring to think there's anything but crude violence in it's future.
Why? I don't know. Monkey's Paw is really my only good answer for that... because there is no good (or even logical) answer.

Auto melee does not queue the next attack. As long as you let go of the melee button before the next attack commences, you will not get that attack. As soon as you let go, it finishes the current attack, and that's it.

Mashing melee allows one extra attack to be queued up. Press the melee button 2 times before the first attack finishes -> 2 attacks. Press it 3 times -> 2 attacks. Press it a hundred times, as long as you can do that before the first attack finishes -> 2 attacks. Try it with Tempo Royale's block + melee combo, it's pretty slow, so you can press the melee button a bunch of times during the first attack, and you'll get an extra attack.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, --N-- said:

Auto melee does not queue the next attack.

12 minutes ago, --N-- said:

Mashing melee allows one extra attack to be queued up.

Auto-Melee is effectively mashing as if you had a macro to consistently press "Melee" for you.
I know the mashing thing. I've used Melee extensively throughout all sorts of variations of it.

... but it's basically mashing for me, so I'm GOING to get the next attack anyway.
I don't know why that's so difficult to get for literally everyone.

Can we stop the "DE can do absolutely no wrong" facade and just get to the root of the issue?
It should not be like prying teeth to ask for literally anything in this game.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Binket_ said:

Auto-Melee is effectively mashing as if you had a macro to consistently press "Melee" for you.

No, it is not, and here's a video to prove it:

You can see that when I hold E, I only get one attack, even though I'm holding it for a while. When I mash E, I get two attacks, because it queues an extra attack.

Holding E is not equivalent to mashing E. So therefore, giving you the option to disable auto melee probably won't fix mashing E queueing up another attack, which appears to be your actual issue.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed Lethal Levitation’s damage buff not applying to Melee weapons. 

• The description of the Way states that it should grant “additional X% Weapon Damage per Lifted enemy attacked by Operator,” but it was only buffing Primary and Secondary weapons. Since Naramon is primarily Melee focused, it only made sense to apply the bonus to Melee as well. 

Much appreciated!

• Like 2