The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So i was bored, and i automated my gameplay with in game mods only. DE (You need to nerf this)

In short. I succeeded in automating chroma gameplay. 

Thanks to one single augment and a mod interaction. Guardian armor + Hunter andrenaline.

IN short, the augment makes it so chroma takes 50% dmg from allies within affinity range. Simple. 

What surprised me however, was that this dmg, IS affected by hunters andrenaline. (This is what needs nerfing DE) (Altough dont be quick about it, cause this is fun!)

AND that it grants energy THROUGH channeled abilities that would normally cancel energy regen from skills like this.

Also, with the latest addition of Arcane battery (Armor=Energy total/Primed flow replacement)

A simple cast of vex armor gives more energy then primed flow. Saving up a modslot. 

As long as vex armor is active that is, thanks to the augment, as long as MY TEAM kills thing around me, i get +1 sec to its duration. Meaning... close to infinite uptime afte a single cast. (Provided my allies know how to kill stuff, sometimes i question this)

The energy gain, is related to how 'bad' my teammates are as in how much dmg they take. Or if they are aware and simply comply and take the dmg. 

The build i have, automaticly, heals me per team member kill, gives me energy if they take dmg. On a sufficient basis i can keep effigy and gloom up AT THE SAME TIME. Stand still and not worry about my energy economy at all. (Laughs at Arcane energize players YOU ARE WEAK)

Combat dicipline is there to simply heal my teammates as well as IT ALSO TRIGGERS from vex armor dmg'ing me as for some reason, GLOOM being active around me, counts as 'me doing kills' and my kill counter goes up so i heal passivly as well. (This is hilarious DE, Thank you Pablo! i love this augment!)

If a teammate has nourish, *we all know what interaction that has with combat dici and i wont get into it* Suffice it to say, its popular enough that i have nourish on me from 'time to time'. kek.

Chroma is now an automated buff station can can press 3 ONCE. to activate vex armor. Press 1 in my case to activate gloom.

Press 4 once in a spot with enemy pathing. Then use 2 (ONLY) on CD if i want too. (Which is set to toxin)

Link in question.

DE, ruin this fun please. kekekekek. Otherwise, i will consider this intended and use it -alot-

Spoiler

GXMSmxmWkAA7yQ7?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 1

il y a 10 minutes, -ShadowRadiance- a dit :

AND that it grants energy THROUGH channeled abilities that would normally cancel energy regen from skills like this.
[...]
Otherwise, i will consider this intended and use it -alot-

Nothing broken here. Channeling abilities only block energy gain/s ; not straight up energy gain from Rage/Hunter Adrenaline, Orbs, Energize, and such.

Congrats, you found a loop hole. Enjoy it, it won't disapear.

• Like 4

Ironically, this fits perfectly into Chroma's very dragon-like theme of "&#%@ around and find out".

Drawback to the build though is that Gloom slows down enemies, which reduces their time between attacks, which means less energy gained to keep that system up.  On top of that, anything to alleviate that like reducing range or strength would also hamper your support capability.  So from that, it seems pretty balanced to me.

Oh yeah, and "automated" is a pretty strong word since this implies that you can solo enemies with the build without doing anything else.

Edited by Raarsi
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Raarsi said:

Ironically, this fits perfectly into Chroma's very dragon-like theme of "&#%@ around and find out".

Drawback to the build though is that Gloom slows down enemies, which reduces their time between attacks, which means less energy gained to keep that system up.  On top of that, anything to alleviate that like reducing range or strength would also hamper your support capability.  So from that, it seems pretty balanced to me.

Its actually quite balanced as i did alot of tinkering with that, if the enemies do to much dmg, chroma can self die from the augment and combat dici if allies are not killing fast enough to offeset their dmg to me from them taking dmg or me not finding stuff to dmg to make use of gloom lifesteal. (Hence, molt reconstruct to click 2 for a bit of healing)
Gloom currently sits at 74% slow in this build, i did push it to 95% at first but that was to high and caused the problems you describe. Lowering it to between 60-70 ish% sweemed to be the sweet spot, at least for me.

But as far as energy economy, i have -zero- problems. A single saryn can max out my energy with 1 spore cast. Its -that- broken.

il y a 3 minutes, -ShadowRadiance- a dit :

Its actually quite balanced as i did alot of tinkering with that, if the enemies do to much dmg, chroma can self die from the augment and combat dici if allies are not killing fast enough to offeset their dmg to me from them taking dmg or me not finding stuff to dmg to make use of gloom lifesteal. (Hence, molt reconstruct to click 2 for a bit of healing)
Gloom currently sits at 74% slow in this build, i did push it to 95% at first but that was to high and caused the problems you describe. Lowering it to between 60-70 ish% sweemed to be the sweet spot, at least for me.

But as far as energy economy, i have -zero- problems. A single saryn can max out my energy with 1 spore cast. Its -that- broken.

Have you tried using [Quick Thinking] 🙊🤷‍♂️😱

What level and mission type is this automating? I play Chroma a lot and he's tanky but Guardian Armor can get you in trouble om Steelpath real quick if people on your team aren't careful or coordinated.

Honestly I think you would be better off using Vazarin for increased Affinity Range for Guardian and just dashing into Chroma over and over again.

Edited by TeaHands

9 minutes ago, TeaHands said:

What level and mission type is this automating? I play Chroma a lot and he's tanky but Guardian Armor can get you in trouble om Steelpath real quick if people on your team aren't careful or coordinated.

Honestly I think you would be better off using Vazarin for increased Affinity Range for Guardian and just dashing into Chroma over and over again.

I have an anecdote around the augment. Brought chroma to that EDA with the Lego Boss centipede. I was perma downed for tanking team damage.

26 minutes ago, vixenpixel said:

I have an anecdote around the augment. Brought chroma to that EDA with the Lego Boss centipede. I was perma downed for tanking team damage.

My "oh sh*t" moment with the augment was during the Ascension Alerts with all the Jade Eximus Units. Teammates were not moving around and I was suffering from it lol.

il y a 19 minutes, (PSN)CUInc a dit :

Aren’t all mods “in-game”?

I think he is trying to specify that it's just the in-game modding system of the warframe, and not that he is using outside "mods" as in external tools, macros, ot bots.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, vixenpixel said:

Downed as chroma? This is a new entry for me. Did you go afk? 

I found that if I run loki with max duration, and my teammates keep killing stuff, all i have to do is walk around and pick up energy balls and cast invisibility once and a while.
amazingly, it works with ivara too.
and octavia (but annoyingly needs many spammy teabag button presses)
and wisp (but annoyingly needs many spammy jumpy jumps).

but low and behold - i do nothing and the mission automagically completes... so long as my teammates keep up their end of the bargain by killing things. 🤣

• Like 3

il y a 10 minutes, Monolake a dit :

You just AFK while team plays for you.

il y a 3 minutes, tucker_d_dawg a dit :

i do nothing and the mission automagically completes...

Do you guys give a insane amount of +%armor, +%damage, life on kill, lifesteal, damage reduction by redirection, aggro redirection, reload speed, with some sparkle of cc, during the whole mission ?

Because this guy does. Let him enjoy being a support. Thanks to people like him, You can play the game comfortably and get all your well deserved frags and high damage percentage in mission recap, and you are even able to blame him for taking more damage than you ! Be grateful.

He isn't AFK, he is passively improving the squad.

So in short all you did is use passive energy/health regeneration methods to keep a mediocre buff and damage ability up.  I mean good job on learning how to gain energy but there ain't nothing surprising or new here. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, trst said:

to keep a mediocre buff and damage ability up

750% armor,

600% weapon dmg is 'mediocre?' 100% uptime? 

At what level do ppl get satisfied? 

2000%?

5000?

Is there even a number? cause i doubt there is. Some will always be. 'Meh' 

No matter how high, some people will just be "Well, its not roar." Which is true,

But then again, Roar doesnt give out armor, or lets me take dmg from a stray or direct shot that might have killed or downed you, and instead transfers 50% to me, and thats 100% useless isnt it? it doesnt boost dmg? hah.

Hell its not recastable without the augment, so if you miss someone cause you where to far apart there goes your uptime. Mine re-establishes the second im back in range.

Ur right. 'Mediocre' thats what roar is in my eyes. As you decide to minmax one stat and fail in several others. Sorry, not worth it.

2 hours ago, dwqrf said:

I think he is trying to specify that it's just the in-game modding system of the warframe, and not that he is using outside "mods" as in external tools, macros, ot bots.

Correct, i dont want to miss trigger certain ppl and put it there as a disclaimer. 

10 hours ago, TeaHands said:

It did EDA just fine, mirror def was -fun-. Altough i did switch out my helminth build from Gloom to harrows condemn, that way i had more control over my health as i can spam it freely with a massive energy economy which also healed me with molt reconstruct. Also to CC enemies more. The increased armor and weapon dmg across the squad naturally helped the squad kill enemies faster which kept the objective alive easier. 

The modifier i skipped here was "Energy exhaustion" as it would have crippled me for sure if i had it. Also, another disclaimer. 
I already had cleared my EDA this week, but i enjoy using EDA as a benchmark for what 'the average' player should wanna do. And this build pulls it off easily.

And before everyone starts going "Omg did you afk in EDA?! REPORT HIM" Chill, i pulled my weight. 

But the point is, this builds let me just activate my main abilities once and i can drop and forget it. Similarly to nekros dececrate. It does it things, i dont need to care. 

Maintaining Vex armor is otherwise a chroma's job so that the buffs are up. 

With this, thats what automated.

Im a massive (Despite what mr mediocre says) buff station that puts a 'mere' 600% weapon increase on you. 750% armor, takes 50% of all dmg you take, while i also heal you, both passivly with combat dici, and every active cast of condemn from harrow. 

However, in a lower level mission, even normal sp, this would be fun to just 'see' how long i could afk with this. Altough im not stupid enough to do that outside of a squad that willing to humour me.

17 minutes ago, -ShadowRadiance- said:

750% armor,

600% weapon dmg is 'mediocre?' 100% uptime? 

At what level do ppl get satisfied? 

2000%?

5000?

Is there even a number? cause i doubt there is. Some will always be. 'Meh' 

No matter how high, some people will just be "Well, its not roar." Which is true,

Correct. It IS true.

600% weapon damage is admittedly pretty good. Well... it's decent, anyway, that is.

Let's say... you have +220% damage from Hornet Strike, I guess.

Then you have +360% from your Arcane.

That's +580% damage. Your multiplier is 6.8.

Adding 600% weapon damage to that? Now your multiplier is 12.8.

That is only an 88.23% increase to your previous damage.

If we assume a Roar sitting at 100-130%, then yes, +600% base damage is not as good as Roar. And that's BEFORE the fact that Roar can multi-dip on a lot of effects, most notably statuses.

This is how math works. So, correct, we are not too impressed with you giving us +600% base damage. Like, it's still making us stronger than if we just DIDN'T have it. But... hate to say it, this game doesn't really need a person to support others. This is not the game for supporting, unless you were giving something like movement speed. THAT'S actually universally useful, always.

As for Armor? +750% is pretty strong, yeah.

In a vacuum.

For anyone playing Armor.

Here are the problems with that:

1) Most people don't play Armor, because it's [mostly] only good in newbie content.

2) Apart from that, anyone that still plays it for hard content knows that they not only need a metric ton of it, but they also need to stack many other defensive layers as well.

• What this means is that... they're already going to have a metric ton of Armor. And they don't play the game expecting you to give them +750%. So by the time you come around, your buff is EXTREMELY diminished. Armor players are going to be able to stack up to an easy 2k Armor, maybe 3k or 4k, even. By the time your +750% comes rolling in, you are probably giving them less than 10% damage reduction compared to what they had before you came along.

So...

Yeah, big numbers look big. But after it's all said & done, the whole picture looks a lot different.

If I'm doing 60mil AoE damage and I'm still getting pressured, I don't need you to buff me to 70mil. I'd rather you be doing your own separate 60mil alongside me.

Does that make sense?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Drachnyn said:

You automated nothing. Your teammates are doing the mission while you buff them.

Seriously.

Hey, DE!  Did you know that people can automate their game by having other players in the mission?  You might want to fix that.  Seems like a pretty big oversight.

• Like 1