The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

When did you start playing warframe?

EhBlame

Closed Beta on my original account, abandoned because I wasn't a fan of the game at the time. Closed the e-mail account that it was registered with, so had to start a new one in 2014. Joined back after I saw the original Zephyr ability breakdown, because I didn't know any other game doing movement like that in a shooter setting (outside of rocket jumping in a few games, and that definitely wasn't the same thing).

Not sure how to view that information in game, but your Forum join date is always listed ^^

21 minutes ago, EhBlame said:

Is there a way to see when you started playing warframe after they removed it from the account management > profile page? From what I remember.

Says you joined August 8th of this year.

Shows what should be an accurate time stamp for me, August 12, 2013. 

I tried it out after watching Totalbiscuit's video, likely when I was playing catchup on his content and looking for a new free 2 play game. At that time, it was mostly Dota 2 and Planetside 2 occupying my time.

11 minutes ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

Closed Beta on my original account, abandoned because I wasn't a fan of the game at the time. Closed the e-mail account that it was registered with, so had to start a new one in 2014. Joined back after I saw the original Zephyr ability breakdown, because I didn't know any other game doing movement like that in a shooter setting (outside of rocket jumping in a few games, and that definitely wasn't the same thing).

Not sure how to view that information in game, but your Forum join date is always listed ^^

Yeah, I thought I remember starting playing the game in June and not August, so there might be a month or two gap between joined date and forum join date.

Should be able to see from Steam, but my forum join date coincides with my first Platinum purchase, which for reference, was 170 platinum for $9.99...... Mind you, this was before trading was a thing.

Edited by Agall

I watched Bro Team Pill's video on Warframe and was very much interested in it from it's aesthetics and premised. My account says that I joined July 6th 2013, although I stopped playing after a month or two since I was starting to get into other games at the time more, particularly TF2 if I recall correctly.

Came back around 2018, around the release of Revenant and cemented my love of the game with the help of Atlas and his bulky pecs- I mean brawler play style.

Edited by Xycelium

34 minutes ago, EhBlame said:

Is there a way to see when you started playing warframe after they removed it from the account management > profile page? From what I remember.

You can check your steam achievements for dates.

According to mine, I got my frame to level 1 in 2017, so that's a pretty good indicator lol.

September 2018

Though it might as well be August 2018 since when I started playing there was a bug where I couldn't progress Vor's prize since one of the missions had an infinite loading screen so I had to wait for that to be fixed

To @EhBlame

When did you start playing warframe ?

After seeing the Pre-Alpha Trailer... and hearing the call of the DRUMS...

I apply for the alpha but we were so much that they choose to do a lottery apart from the founders ! (I knew I was screwed... my damn anti-luck)

but thanksfully, few months after the Open Beta, I was able to join thanks to [DE] mail to all the ones that miss out the alpha ^^

Space Ninja Since April 2013

39 minutes ago, 4thBro said:

You can check your steam achievements for dates.

According to mine, I got my frame to level 1 in 2017, so that's a pretty good indicator lol.

Mine didn't show a date, but maybe I have to be on the Steam Client and not logged in through the browser to check.

1 hour ago, EhBlame said:

There's a few places it might be listed, depending.

-Steam account licensing, unless you played in the beta since mine shows 12 August 2014 which isn't accurate

-First achievement, unless you played in the beta, which are all post dated on November 21st 2013 which was the game's official release.

-Steam account transaction history, if you bought platinum shortly after starting, although not everything shows up (my founder's pack doesn't)

Although if you didn't play pre December 2013, then any of these 3 are accurate.

2 hours ago, EhBlame said:

Started playing warframe on December 25th, 2015. Literally on Xmas day 😆

A cousin told me about the game, I tried it cause it was free, and here we are xD.

Edited by FabioGOD

Playing seriously, with my current and main account, was in 2020, with the pandemic and lockdowns. I had a prior account a few years before that (I think 2015?), but I bounced off the game and wasn't really interested. I didn't think it was bad or anything, I just didn't have the time, the game felt grindy, and I was more into... well story and character heavy games. In 2020 though I had a lot more free time, and a friend talked about the game a lot, so I decided to research the game a bit more and give it a more serious effort, after hearing so much positive feedback from the community (I am generally skeptical of FTP games), but there were so many chill and friendly Warframe fans, and people talking about how the monetisation that DE uses is actually pretty consumer friendly compared to a lot of game devs/studios... 

Am glad I didn't bounce off the second time. 

I joined in 2017, shortly before Harrow was first revealed. The game was free and looked unique, so I gave it a chance, but I got bored after a year because I felt like my progress through the game was too slow, especially with respect to collecting frames and farming plat. I wanted that childlike joy I got from collecting action figures, but that just didn't come. So I left, thinking I'd never look back...but unique circumstances led to my return a couple months ago.

Late last year, my egg cracked, and I began my transition. In June, word happened to reach me that there was a pregnant Warframe. I realized that this game would be my one chance to really play a character like that and, in so doing, get gender euphoria I couldn't get elsewhere. So, against my better judgement, I reinstalled and hammered out the remaining quests to get to Jade Shadows. Some time later, 8 or 9 prime frames having joined my arsenal, here we are.

So really, you could say I joined twice: 7 years ago as a boy, and 2 months ago as a woman.

• Like 1

Started during breeding grounds in 2014

had no idea what was going on at the time 

didn’t get really involved until next event 

haven’t looked back since 

my only regret I didn’t start playing sooner 

Edited by Ersedu

I started on ps4 day 1 launch as well! So I was curious if there was a way to see that anywhere. But since the merge I guess my profile restarted as this year? Funny how things work.

But I took a break after eidolon was released and was focused on Destiny and just recently came back! Wow things have changed and really liking it!! 

8 hours ago, (PSN)Magician_NG said:

Was following the game in beta. Was there day-one at the launch of the PS4 (November 2013). Logged into the forums for the first time about seven months later. 

4 hours ago, ominumi said:

This account is one year old. All thanks to the account merger. Things are too whack now.

4 minutes ago, EhBlame said:

I started on ps4 day 1 launch as well! So I was curious if there was a way to see that anywhere. But since the merge I guess my profile restarted as this year? Funny how things work.

But I took a break after eidolon was released and was focused on Destiny and just recently came back! Wow things have changed and really liking it!! 

Kinda blew my mind looking this up because I remember finding Warframe before I met my wife. And she remembers me having played it during our entire relationship, which started 10 years ago yesterday. I played it on my roommate's Xbone so I had to have started sometime between Sept 2nd-9th in 2014. That was under the username ThunderPope07.

Then I dropped out of college a few months later and my cousin let me borrow his PS4 while he went on vacation for a month. That was under the username RollerSkateKing.

And thennnnn I finally started Warframe again on this account on 6/9/2015 under the username TomCruisesSon. My wife let me play it on her laptop while she sewed for her college projects. Then I had to take a break for a couple of years since eventually her laptop couldn't run Warframe anymore. 

Sometime later I built my own computer and got to play again in 2019 a little after the New Gas City Update leading up right before Railjack. Thank god I did not have the resources to start Railjack when it released, would have been hell for me lol.

And the only way I know of finding when you started playing is during the Anniversary period. It's not guaranteed to happen but sometimes DE will run a program that shows some stats for your profile, including your start date.

Edited by TeaHands