Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Koumei & the Five Fates: Hotfix 37.0.3

[DE]Danielle

On the Known Issues thread, DE states the following:

Known Issues Requiring a Code Fix:
For a refresher of what entails with a Code Fix, check out our Warframe Lexicon!

• Cases of "cone" abilities (ex. Citrine's Fractured Blast, Dagath's Wyrd Scythes, etc. ) having issues hitting enemies. 
  • Status effects from Koumei's passive do not show damage numbers on affected enemies. Rest assured, they are being applied, you just can't see them. 
  • Certain colors appearing incorrect in GI Lighting (notably dark golds appearing red, etc.).
    • Fixed on PC, Console players will see this fixed in our next Cert update!
  • Yareli on Merulina temporarily being unable to shoot after getting hit by a knockdown or stagger inducing attack.

DE, you haven't fixed the colors appearing incorrect in GI Lighting on PC and you haven't updated the Known Issues thread to acknowledge that it hasn't been fixed. Will fixing the incorrect colors on PC require an additional Code Fix? Will PC players have to wait until the next console Cert update, the 1999 demo on the 16th, or even until WF 1999 to see a fix?

Edited by OniDax
added clarity regarding the thread to which I was referring
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, ApoXx95 said:

In Shrine Defense, the thing on the table cannot be picked up when Limbo's Rift surrounds the table - would be nice if this would be addressed in the next hotfix.

also one of the companion mods/abilities that disarms enemies in a 10 meter radius leads to enemies moving again in the rift, despite stasis. so looking at Limbo in general very soon to fix some of his bugs, especially the new ones that came with the Koumei update would be very nice.

Try picking it by operator/drifter until it gets a fix (I am not sure if this will work, nor if this will get a fix because Limbo issues existed for long time).

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Dark_Lugia said:

Please also take a look at Nova's feedback. As a client, it's almost impossible to use her portals for movement because you miss them most of the time.

This is because you don't have enough casting speed. Pre-Five Fates, you needed Natural Talent (and later a Tauforged Archon Shard) to use portals as a client. Now with the casting delay, you need 2 Tauforged Archon Shards AS HOST to get the same casting behavior. Clients are in an even worse spot.

This added casting delay to Wormhole heavily damages the ability. If anything, it needed faster casting speed to allow players to use it as client without needing cast speed mods.

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 5

23 minutes ago, French said:

Please fix operator getting teleported randomly in cascade. 

Hi Tenno, the team looked into this and unfortunately this requires a code fix, meaning it'll have to come in our next Cert update. We've updated our Known Issues thread accordingly. 

• Like 3

There has been this weird Issue with Endless fissures that makes it so every rotation, immediately after selecting your relic, the timer reset once again and you have to re-select your relic. Like, you have to go through the relic selection process twice every rotation. It's mostly harmless, if a bit silly, but well, it's a random 10 to 15 second loss every time.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Okami_Amaterasu said:

Thank you.

Is anyone else getting the relic screen popping up twice during endless missions? Usually after the 10 minute mark.

Yup. I was hoping DE would fix this annoying bug before the weekend. Guess I'll have to put up with it until Monday. 🤬

2 minutes ago, Daviodraan said:

There has been this weird Issue with Endless fissures that makes it so every rotation, immediately after selecting your relic, the timer reset once again and you have to re-select your relic. Like, you have to go through the relic selection process twice every rotation. It's mostly harmless, if a bit silly, but well, it's a random 10 to 15 second loss every time.

Can confirm it's on our radar -- we hope to address this bug next week! Added here for vis: 

• Like 2

This nova rework has honestly been one of the absolute peaks of the update for me, thank you for tying her kit together into a cohesive and incredibly wonderful package.

There are some client issues I have regarding Antimatter Drop, it can be very difficult to cast and reliably shoot at while in motion depending on connection to the host. Additionally, there seems to be networking issues where an AD orb will hit a passing-by ally or companion immediately after spawning, visually get stuck in place, and seemingly the client forgets that orb exists, as I'm then allowed to cast another one that functions as normal.

It would also be appreciative if Wormhole's new targeting reticle was optional in some way, either by always skipping the targeting on tap cast or as something in the options. The new timing can make it somewhat tricky to repeatedly cast wormholes back to back when navigating quickly through tight corners. Honestly, I think I was just fatfingering. This is fine

Even then, these issues are mostly minor and easy to work around, and the actual final result of her rework is absolutely fantastic. Again, thank you <3.

Edited by Nova
changed my mind abt the wormhole indicator

41 minutes ago, Quest said:

Thank you!

Please fix reduced spawn rates in Netracells after the update: 

This please, yesterday i took 27 min to complete a single Netracell because mobs were spawning in very few and not moving towards the marked area.

20 minutes ago, LittleLeoniePrime said:

any plans to remove casting delays from novas null star and wormhole and possibly add a hold mechanic to swap permanently between slow/neutral/speed MP and cast the selected version on tap?

• Casting delay on Null Stars is intentional, will not be removed.
  • I'm not sure what you mean by a casting delay on Wormhole? I am still able to rapid-fire portals to do the glide-flying trick.
  • You can already choose to make Slow prime the default by setting Nova's tap/hold abilities to Inverted in your control options.
  • Like 4

vor 12 Minuten schrieb Voltage:

This is because you don't have enough casting speed. Pre-Five Fates, you needed Natural Talent (and later a Tauforged Archon Shard) to use portals as a client. Now with the casting delay, you need 2 Tauforged Archon Shards AS HOST to get the same behavior. Clients are in an even worse spot.

This added casting delay to Wormhole heavily damages the ability. If anything, it needed faster casting speed to allow players to use it as client without needing cast speed mods.

Thank you, I'll check it out.
The one I use most (for speed up and slow down) has only one tau cast speed shard and that was the one where I had the portals not working very often.
I have not used my other (portal focused) Nova with 2 tau cast speed shards + natural talent yet.

Might have to switch those two for now.

@[DE]MomawPlease consider undoing the Nova fast wave fast cast nerf. I managed to play that entire day that it existed and it helped get Nova out of the old boring immobilized playstyles that she suffered from and allowed Nova to be used in more than just defense and endurance missions. The rework as it existed played phenomenally and it's disappointing that Nova has seen a return back to the same old boring immobilized playstyles with the nerf in place.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, [DE]Momaw said:
  • Casting delay on Null Stars is intentional, will not be removed.

Can we get a why? What "issues" are caused by spamming? There were no performance issues with the ability being spammed for the last decade. Players need this context. Is this being balanced around Helminth again? If this is the case, why not give Null Star the Eclipse treatment, so Nova doesn't suffer because of Titania and other Warframes.

47 minutes ago, [DE]Momaw said:
  • I'm not sure what you mean by a casting delay on Wormhole? I am still able to rapid-fire portals to do the glide-flying trick.

Your "rapid-firing" must be behaving:

1. As host.
  2. Not really that fast to be honest (maybe you weren't moving at a high speed while casting alot?).

Several players (including myself) have been commenting on this. I've been playing Nova for over 2,000 hours and casted Wormhole 162,111 times as of writing this. I can absolutely tell a delay was added, and I confirmed this by slotting a second Tauforged Amber Archon Shard, which made it feel closer to "how it used to".

Here is a video from 2019 (pre-Archon Shards) that I just happen to have on my hard drive:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1037898642750713987/1291867467479781486/Ukko.mp4?ex=6701a8d5&is=67005755&hm=acf507d790fc8be979b22305f270c247ca4d3a0af25b0ab820787653d2885273&

Here is a video from even earlier in a Trial:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1037898642750713987/1291866800878911488/Smoothest_Stage_3_Start.mp4?ex=6701a837&is=670056b7&hm=a9f2b0aeb65ecd90e51262757a446e0bf167726987370cad876fd69bce17f429&

I just ran Ukko with base Nova, Telos Boltace (no Praedos), no Archon Shards, and just Natural Talent (to match the older videos). It's not a great run, but illustrates the point:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1037898642750713987/1291874616985522186/2024-10-04_17-26-37.mp4?ex=6701af7e&is=67005dfe&hm=2ccb5098f708f5419dfcc11f5580f87de4bb965f552dae31303e570e10fa4dba&

There is a difference that is felt.

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 5

37 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Happy Friday, Tenno! This small but mighty Hotfix addresses prevalent crashes that we wanted to fix before the weekend hit and you all get to enjoy what Koumei & the Five Fates brought. Thank you! 

Fixes:

• Fixes towards crashes that could occur if someone leaves the mission/Dojo/Town/Relay wearing certain types of Ephemeras. 

For list of known issues for Koumei & the Five Fates that require future code changes and cannot be addressed in a Hotfix, visit our dedicated thread: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1414761-known-issues-koumei-the-five-fates/

With each update the lighting gets worse.

Golds are too saturated and greenish in low lighting.

🤢

acOM8HS.png

HA40wUa.png

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Voltage said:

Can we get a why? What "issues" are caused by spamming? There were no performance issues with the ability being spammed for the last decade. Players need this context. Is this being balanced around Helminth again? If this is the case, why not give Null Star the Eclipse treatment, so Nova doesn't suffer because of Titania and other Warframes.

Your "rapid-firing" must be behaving:

1. As host.
  2. Not really that fast to be honest.

Several players (including myself) have been commenting on this. I've been playing Nova for over 2,000 hours and casted Wormhole 162,111 times as of writing this. I can absolutely tell a delay was added, and I confirmed this by slotting a second Tauforged Amber Archon Shard, which made it feel closer to "how it used to".

Considering Neutron Star's general QOL improvements, the fact that stars are automatically refreshed on cast instead of needing to input twice, and the addition of blast procs, spamming neutron star casts over and over is at worst nerfed from "insanely powerful" to "pretty powerful," or at best improved for players with worse APM. It really isn't that significant of a nerf.

it's also kinda silly to BM a dev assuming they're just playing too badly to notice the change

Edited by Nova
  • Like 3

Thanks for the update.

Still no fix for Bleed statuses from Ash's Bladestorm ignoring "Increased Finisher Damage" buffs.

Still no fix for Excalibur Umbra not retaining non-mod related health buffs during Transference such as Arcane Blessing. Heat Elemental Ward, etc., causing Excalibur Umbra to LOSE health upon transferring back to him.

Still no fix for "moonwalk" bug caused by Transference as a client, resulting in complete loss of functionality other than basic movement. This bug is especially problematic as the only way to fix it is to use a revive after Bleedout, or successfully kill enough enemies during Last Gasp to revive yourself during Bleedout.

Still no fix for Ember Pyraxis Chest Plate and Shoulder Pads, as well as Sevagoth Glaukus Shoulder Armor, using Warframe colors rather than Attachment colors when customizing.

Please change abilities like Khora's Whipclaw not counting towards Archon Stretch and the like. They are abilities, and the logic for exempting them from "On ability damage" Archon mods does not make sense. On the topic of Khora, please give Venari and Venari Prime base shields. There is no reason for Venari to completely lack any shields baseline. Venari not being able to use Duplex Bond is also very bizarre. If DE refuse to change these issues, a statement of some sort as to why would be appreciated.

Please give the Veilbreaker store some evergreen items to spend Kahl's Stock on to keep weekly Veilbreaker stuff at least somewhat relevant after nabbing all of the Styanax parts, Archon mods, etc. 

Please give Sevagoth Prime's Shadow a "Toggle Prime Details" option for skins. The Primed Shadow not having increased stats at all is also quite disappointing. Being able to equip Signas on the Shadow would be nice too.

Can we get an update on Stalker mode, now that we've had Jade Shadows and a Stalker themed Nightwave? Last time we heard about it the game mode was finished and working, but wasn't implemented due to "lore concerns." Has it been abandoned?

Modding Koumei for large amounts of Range seems to break Kumihimo, causing the threads to not spread properly on the vertical axis. It also makes the ability extremely unreliable due to the initial ball's "bounce" effect that it has, resulting in a delay that causes the ability to activate in an unintended location. Only being able to have one instance of it active is also rather frustrating because of these traits. You are actively discouraged from modding for Range due to these factors, and it really could use some attention. Not being able to recast her third ability for better rolls is pretty annoying, and I don't see the reasoning for the scaling cooldown on her second ability. It doesn't seem to add anything other than more reason to NOT use the ability.

Proboscis still has not received any changes. Having it scale with Claw mods would be nice, as well as having it hit multiple enemies rather than just one. Anything would be better than it's current state.

Edited by DawnoftheWhiteFury
  • Like 2

vor 58 Minuten schrieb LittleLeoniePrime:

any plans to remove casting delays from novas null star and wormhole and possibly add a hold mechanic to swap permanently between slow/neutral/speed MP and cast the selected version on tap?

That sounds nice too, maybe something like Xaku, Khora, Vauban or Jade and their switchable abilities.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Nova said:

it's also kinda silly to BM a dev assuming they're just playing too badly to notice the change

It's not BM to tell them that they aren't casting fast enough (while moving) to notice the change. Lots of players are commenting on this. I would understand DE here if they were being 1-guyed about Wormhole. 

Clients historically have had a worse time with Wormhole and required casting speed to be able to take their own and chain it. This update made this fact worse for hosts, which is exponentially worse for clients.

• Like 4