Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Color Blind Changes: Lockers

[DE]Rebecca

De, please improve color customization too

Its hard to see/select what color you are looking at unless you are playing on gigantic Tv or sitting right next to the screen

ex Try spotting which color am I browsing right now

4r6EXa0.jpg

Its this

LsOeFAo.png

Turn off color correction and bloom

hmm, it is a good idea, but i feel like it needs some more work before it is done. in the heat of battle, i dont know that i would notice the horizontal vs vertical bars. perhaps make the openable ones shiny, whereas the locked ones would be dull in comparison? some other visual cue beyond simply a few shapes on the locker.

it looks like openable Lockers will glow, and locked ones won't. that makes a pretty noticable difference, right?

For the Orokin lockers, just make it simple; Unlocked: Green light with vertical light down the body; Locked: Red light with no lights at all in the body

Frankly, the mock-up looks somewhat strange and out of place for the locked ones because a bunch of striped lights and one vertical light down the middle is just too much of a difference (like two different locker types instead of one locker that toggles between locked and unlocked)

Ever seen a street crossing light? You know how it switches to the man walking, and then to the hand telling you to stop? I imagine the lights on the front are similar in a fashion even if we can't see it. Forma-tized compartments!

Can't speak for the colour blind but I like the look of this, makes it even easier to tell at a glance and at distance whether its locked or unlocked. Curious how it will apply to grineer and corpus though. Corpus could perhaps be half circle, no idea about grineer.

De, please improve color customization too

Its hard to see/select what color you are looking at unless you are playing on gigantic Tv or sitting right next to the screen

ex Try spotting which color am I browsing right now

4r6EXa0.jpg

Its this

LsOeFAo.png

Turn off color correction and bloom

Console players do not have color correction option

Great to finally see some colour blind support coming through.  I like the result as its subtle yet obvious, and will make it more noticeable for everyone.

For the Orokin lockers, just make it simple; Unlocked: Green light with vertical light down the body; Locked: Red light with no lights at all in the body

Frankly, the mock-up looks somewhat strange and out of place for the locked ones because a bunch of striped lights and one vertical light down the middle is just too much of a difference (like two different locker types instead of one locker that toggles between locked and unlocked)

If you look at the 'lights' being part of the actual locking mechanism, the mock up makes a lot of sence in that each of the red 'lights' are indicitave of the locked state ('holding' the seam of the doors closed) moving from the horizontal to verticle for the unlocked state (as in no longer holding the seam of the doors closed).

Edit:  On the locker note too can you check out Master Thief (and the kubrow version) for clients (not certain if this issue is with hosts too).  This often can activate to open a locker and unless you actually open the locker at that exact point it will stay locked and not change to green leaving you unable to open it later.

Edited by Loswaith