Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The U16 Anticipation Megathread

DonGheddo

Realistically, the soonest we can hope for is March 11th.  I say 40% chance it will be March 11th, 30% chance it will be March 12th, 10% chance it will be Friday the 13th (this would be unwise), and 20% chance it will come out the week following.

Edit:  Hell, if they're skipping this Wednesday update, we could even get the update as early as March 9th, but I don't expect that to happen.

Maybe end of march but early april  more reasonable. If you waited this long you can wait an extra month too.

I'll bet you 50 plat you're wrong.  

Edited by JakeRobber

I would guess DE might give you guys up to 15.16.1 since once U16 drops for us, there will be the inevitable rush of hotfixes and it will most likely take a while to get to a stable-ish U16 build, so I think DE might give you the more stable rest of U15 first.

I would guess 15.16, for sometime between mid-march to mid-april and then U16 possibly Mid-May for consoles. (Those are just my estimates, DE has confirmed nothing about this). 

pretty much this. Put still mid-may sounds little bit too early release... i would say mid-june if we are lucky. Im so done with these update rates.

What is this?!?!

Update 15.16.1?Where is U16?I stopped playing after Update 15.8,hoping to return back after U16 hits.But when I logged in,It showed Update 15.16.1.

Well,wasn't U16 suppose to come after U15.9?The last Prime Access release was almost 80 days ago.I don't remember warframe taking this long to bring updates.What is happening?

What is this?!?!

Update 15.16.1?Where is U16?I stopped playing after Update 15.8,hoping to return back after U16 hits.But when I logged in,It showed Update 15.16.1.

Well,wasn't U16 suppose to come after U15.9?The last Prime Access release was almost 80 days ago.I don't remember warframe taking this long to bring updates.What is happening?

Version numbers can go beyond .9 Primes take ~90 days. What is happening is DE are trying to make a polished update for us, rather than churning out a buggy mess every 2 months.

Edited by DeMonkey

Quality over quantity.

I really hope DE sticks to this statement...would love to see this game running with (almost) no bugs. Right now (in my opinion) that's the only thing the game Destiny has on Warframe. Well that and a ridiculous amount of money to promote it. Warframe seems to have more loyal fans and I think it has potential to out last Destiny...especially if it's bug free:)

Most definitely not.

The amount of content coming out in U16 means a lot of bugs that have to be fixed before hitting consoles.

Hopefully DE has a plan to quickly get it onto consoles, but I wouldn't be surprised if there was a considerable wait period.

Edited by (PS4)Legolegend144

Nope. PC will receive U16 first.

(Like U15 we Pc players are there and get a more buggy version of U16 than you console players because we can test all the stuff and provide important feedback...in theory :3  ....mhhh.. that sounds a little bit harsh...but I mean that in a good way o3o)

Very highly unlikely. The typical strategy of DE when it comes to updates, is that the PC platform gets it first. The consoles get it some time later because the companies that own and control the consoles do not allow the same kind of on-the-fly patching frenzy that the PC allows, and demand that a higher standard of stability and reliability be met. This means DE uses the PC as the beta test, and the consoles get an update after it's been patched up based on what the PC players find.

It's  up to microsoft and sony really. DE needs to send a cert and sony/microsoft needs to approve it. PC will get it first without a doubt because PC doesnt need a cert (PC isnt a privately owned platform of course) and DE can send it out whenever they desire. The only way they would get it at the same time would be if DE delayed the PC release

Consoles will probably get it about a few weeks to a month after PC like normal. I would assume so since there has been no big announcement that there will be a change from the old system of PC release, then fixes, the cert from Sony/Microsoft, the console release. I know some console players see this as us meaning less to DE, but I like it a lot. We get a version with fewer bugs and usually get extra time to prepare for changes. 

I pray for the update at the same time. Please Rngeezus

The problem with this is, if you get it simultaneously, and there are bugs. DE has to make a patch to fix the bugs and send it to Sony for certification, which can take up to a week, meaning you will have whatever bug for a week, while if PC gets it first and finds the bug, it's fixed in 24 hours on PC, and then when you get the completed version, you never encounter the bug.