Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #49!

[DE]Megan

What are you doing about the power creep, especially in regards to the oh so expensive Clan Tech tier weapons?

When do we get to see older primes get buffs?

Will we only be seeing PvP related stuff in the patch notes for the next couple years months weeks?

When do you plan on remembering the old ways of the Tenno and seek to balance your game more instead of only profiting from it like a lowly corpus?

Wouldn't mind the long running bugs to be FINALLY patched, Rebecca... Would be nice if you could bring them up because some have existed for over 2 years...

Namely, the overlay bug with snipers and an issue with the HUD crosshairs while you're in window mode (my crosshair dot hasn't meant anything to me for 1 year and a half, I have to aim about 2cms over their head to hit their body).

Seriously I came back after like a 6 month break and I almost flipped my desk after I spent 500 plats on a loadout because the bug is STILL here. What are you guys doing?????? It's a trivial issue with a simple fix and if *anyone* saw me playing this game they would think its a bugged mess of an alpha. I wonder how many newbies have left for these small but incredibly annoying issues..

Every time I come back to this game I feel like an idiot.

As you'll see, I can't even see my energy or ammo. It usually isn't *this* severe, but this is the result of me changing my sensitivity slightly while in window mode. It has been this way for as long as I can remember. The white circle is where the crosshairs *should* be.
6r26gg.jpg

This is how bad it is. The blue circle indicates where the bullets are actually going.
nfic07.jpg

Edited by ePilgrim

Would it be possible to add another "world" (read: region of empty space) with exclusively Archwing missions? As it is you have to grind the same missions repeatedly in order to level and (try to) get mods. I'd like to see more game types on a greater variety of level missions with the release of the Odonata Prime.

Question:

Do you plan on reworking Excalibur completely, along with other warframes, in the future?

I personally feel rather upset by this recent change to his Ult, along with many others in this community, as i believe there were other more effective ways to eliminate Draco and other forms of farming without having to alter his Ult by this much.

I personally believed you could have gone with a "bubble" method & reduced the range from 25 to 20 or so, but this is just one idea. Im sure the community has much more effective ideas than this.

I feel that Excalibur will need to have a significant overhaul to both his stats & abilities as i believe this will not only bring him back up to par with the other frames, but also help mitigate or eliminate the Draco Farming abuse issue.

you can't expect anyone to remove the farming (abuse if we're really going to call playing the game as it is designed to be played abuse.. sure) out of the game.  There was nothing wrong with Draco or any other speed farm that pops up and no matter what frames DE put out and what nerfs they release.. it will never stop because the underlying reward structure to their game is BROKEN.

They provide us with XP, Resources and everything else in between to max out the game from Killing. so essentially, "winning" Warframe boils down to who is the best at genocide.  If you can kill more enemies faster then you will see higher rewards.. so DE labelling this behaviour as Abuse would be contrary and misleading.

It is like telling someone the more products they sell the more money they earn and then labelling it as abuse when they find a great way to market the product so it sells in excessive quantities without breaking the law.  Draco farming with Excalibur not once required an external hack, macro input or anything else to farm it up.. it worked using a clever and resourceful combination of warframe abilities to achieve a goal commensurate with the ones presented by the game they are used in.  Kill 2 Win.

If DE are serious about changing the Kill 2 Win nature of Warframe they would require the introduction of concepts like Tactical Selections : https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/383582-tactic-selections-putting-a-stop-to-macro-farming-rng-and-grind-walls/#entry4231027

I come back to this concept as there simply are not enough of these concepts by the community out there yet which directly address the K2W reward structure that is directly responsible for the introduction of speed farming, macro farming, "abuse" etc.  The more ideas we as a community present and can show support for that directly alter the core K2W mechanic in warframe.. the sooner we will see the need for nerfs to frames and gameplay freedom (anti-afk) removed.

Edited by Jax_Cavalera

I know it's not much discussed, but any chance on a Stalker 3.0 or something? He seems kind of... outdated.

Also, *insert complimentary demand for buffs to Snipers, Shotguns, and LMGs*

The issue isn't that these weapons don't do enough damage, it's that they have an extremely difficult time spreading this damage across multiple targets.

Snipers need crowd effecting capabilities, especially when the core of the game is dealing with massive crowds instead of tough individual units.

Shotgun damage drop-off exists for what purpose, when I can mow down whole crowds of enemies with a rifle from across the map? As well, all the shotguns have way too small of spread to get their pellets across multiple enemies.

Finally, both LMGs and Shotguns suffer from ridiculous reload times. So I'm not allowed to instantly reload the more inaccurate, less damaging, projectile firing Supra, but I'm allowed to instantly reload the high damage, extremely accurate, hit-scan Soma?

Any chance we could get some passes on these weapon types?

Edited by Krion112

Happy second anniversary to the folks at Digital Extremes.  Thanks very much for Warframe and the superb way you interact with your fanbase - from well over 20 years in gaming I can say what you people do isn't the norm and it's a great shame other companies don't present themselves in the same way.  It's a massively refreshing change to find a company that talks to the community on a regular basis (PrimeTime and Devstream - <3<3<3), hotfixes the game rapidly (seriously, breath of fresh air) and look to be quite enthused with the whole thing :-)

I have 2 questions:

1) Backstory and lore:  It would be great to have more of it - the semi-viral nature in which you hint at things is interesting, but a lot of people really want to know what the vay hek is going on.  Do you have any plans to expand upon the warframe universe, perhaps with novels etc?  (if so when!!?)

1.1)  Would it be possible to be able to find and playback the recorded messages/vids you've created for the events which have taken place in the codex? (speaking as a player who only came on-board around the release of Hydroid, there is so much i've missed which I can no longer see or experience - new players dont get to see the event messages and videos which only got sent to previous players unless they were somehow flung onto external sites - could the codex be expanded to include the full history along with the messages, videos, etc please?)

1.2) I know this has kind of been covered in an earlier devstream (technical difficulties in just lifting and shifting quest scripts from the old to the new) - but is there any way the earlier events could be replicated on the new engine, for replay value?  Even if there was a platinum cost to enable the old content (and thereby the old rewards).  (flame proof pants for that request!)

2) Please could we have a functioning trading market?  The ability to put items on sale for bids etc, even if only online to begin with, would really be a great addition to the game.  I LOVE playing warframe, I hate chat-textbox-frame.

<3

Edited by Githnaur

Could some of the older melee animations get reviewed? When I say older, I'm talking about ones that existed before the combo system was put in place (melee 1.0), and perhaps some of the ones that first appeared at melee 2.0's release. Having melee 1.0 animations be alongside the 2.0 animations within the same stance makes the moveset style jarringly inconsistent, with the older, chunkier animations transitioning straight into the newer, more fluid ones.

I'm bringing this up because of the new Dex Dakra anniversary weapon - the disparity in animation style and quality between combos is particularly noticeable with dual sword stances. The "Winding Claws" combo of the Swirling Tiger stance is by far the most fluid and practical attack combo of any dual sword stance, and it's a shame that none of the other dual sword attack animations match the quality of these ones.

Edited by Farge

you can't expect anyone to remove the farming (abuse if we're really going to call playing the game as it is designed to be played abuse.. sure) out of the game.  There was nothing wrong with Draco or any other speed farm that pops up and no matter what frames DE put out and what nerfs they release.. it will never stop because the underlying reward structure to their game is BROKEN.

They provide us with XP, Resources and everything else in between to max out the game from Killing. so essentially, "winning" Warframe boils down to who is the best at genocide.  If you can kill more enemies faster then you will see higher rewards.. so DE labelling this behaviour as Abuse would be contrary and misleading.

It is like telling someone the more products they sell the more money they earn and then labelling it as abuse when they find a great way to market the product so it sells in excessive quantities without breaking the law.  Draco farming with Excalibur not once required an external hack, macro input or anything else to farm it up.. it worked using a clever and resourceful combination of warframe abilities to achieve a goal commensurate with the ones presented by the game they are used in.  Kill 2 Win.

If DE are serious about changing the Kill 2 Win nature of Warframe they would require the introduction of concepts like Tactical Selections : https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/383582-tactic-selections-putting-a-stop-to-macro-farming-rng-and-grind-walls/#entry4231027

I come back to this concept as there simply are not enough of these concepts by the community out there yet which directly address the K2W reward structure that is directly responsible for the introduction of speed farming, macro farming, "abuse" etc.  The more ideas we as a community present and can show support for that directly alter the core K2W mechanic in warframe.. the sooner we will see the need for nerfs to frames and gameplay freedom (anti-afk) removed.

True, you cant get rid of Farming, but unfortunately, we have seen them try to at least try to tether it or agressivly deal with it at Vivergate. There was no need to do that to the frames, but i feel that they did it again with this recent change to Excalibur's Radial Javelin. There will always be farming in your game, but hopefully, they will find a better solution rather than nerf things without thinking of the consequences.

I believe Mogamu said it best: "There will always be a Viver"

P.S.: i apologize for my wording in that statement. I phrased the statement wrong when i said eliminating Draco and other farming forms of farming. My bad, everyone.

Edited by WanderoftheAether

Is there any consideration of phasing a "complete" pvp balance model into PVE with enemy adjustments? It is indisputably clear that the PVP team is both more attentive and regular when it comes to making adjustments, so it seems like an excellent opportunity to put their accumulated experience to use once their task is relatively "complete." 

Here are my questions I'd really like to see some answers to:

Will the supra's base status augment ever get fixed to properly affect the status chance so that it updates to include the full bonus from it? I've not seen that full +20 base status like the mod promised to add at max rank. Sure it will add its bonus, but the mods adding status will not properly scale off the "new" base chance and still only scale off the original.

Will gorgon ever get some kind of buff to bring it more on par with the supra, either in terms of damage, its own personal status or reload augment, or both?

When the new movement system finally comes out, will we be able to do the stuff that was shown in the "tombs of the sentient" video, and will the old dojo obstacle course get an overhaul to accomodate and test these new moves?

And like many others I also want to know when, or even if for that matter, we might finally get a dedicated slot for frame augments. Dedicated slots for weapon augments might be nice too by the way.

Edited by Cmdr_Forge

Is there any consideration of phasing a "complete" pvp balance model into PVE with enemy adjustments? It is indisputably clear that the PVP team is both more attentive and regular when it comes to making adjustments, so it seems like an excellent opportunity to put their accumulated experience to use once their task is relatively "complete." 

What's the complete PvP balance model?

Will Helios be able to use the new infinate scanners?

New Sentinels?

Wardrame OST was talked about, soon™?

Radial Javalin "nerf" and balance between all the different warframes and their powers, what is the logic behind some being LoS/Aware trigerd and some being range based?

I was wondering if someone from DE could explan the level to rank ratio. Due to the fact that Weapons, Frames, Archwings, and Companions can only achieve the highest Rank of 30. Yet, Enemies are measured in terms of Levels. As well in mission types such as Defense and Survivals as they progress the enemies increase in levels Yet many of the Weapons damage and Warframe abilities suffer a drop off of effectiveness. Can you also explain this as, One would expect the weapons and abilities to remain constant and the Enemies would only increase to match the current rank or level to which the players are. Never has this been explained to me and many of the people I have asked don't seem to know either.

As well prior to the destruction of the Void don't you think its time that there is an Assassinate mission in the Void as well as an Archwing mission especially since now there is a Primed Archwing.

Thirdly when will there be another quest and that being said. Why was the ability to fix Ordis's memories so lamely discarded with the Chroma quest ending with him having to choose to go to the santuary but instead chooses to make new memories. This portion would have been better executed had your prolonged service to Samaris beem to acquired more data that he then could have used to improve Ordis's memories as well as led us into further expansion of the Orbiter. As well as the release of more lore. (ie customization of the Liset and the Orbitor from an interior perspective.) As was told to me by DE Steve was coming via Twitter. .

Thanks for the quest ending spoiler... But yeah, what's up with that? We are forced to a cap of lvl 30 and yet they go upwards to well over 100's and 1000's for lvl while the damage from our weapons and frames takes a major plummet. Why is this, and will there actually be more "endgame" content that is not centered around T4 endless survival and Defense with constantly scaling enemies soaring well above 100's+? Seems like a real letdown if that is the main thing to look forward to now for endgame and just spamming those simply to see how high you can make it.

With some further refining I think that new trials feature could be interesting. also when will we get more expansion into the arcwings? The quest for it was great and actually gave the "invasion" a more dynamic feel to it. Enemies were punching in and exiting the pods, areas of the ship detonating or taking hits, and then finally leaping out to your arcwing and continuing the fight in space. Will we ever see that expanded to possibly be integrated into the old invasions?

Warframe refuses proper progression at every turn. The game lumps players and their expected knowledge too closely together. Core paths of player progression and evolution are neglected. It's readily apparent on the PS4. Enemies don't evolve. Warframes don't evolve. The stakes rarely rise. The game itself very rarely knows when to ask more or less of players. In an effort to make every part of the game engaging for every manner of player, warframe itself assails the reasons for becoming stronger within the game. How does the DEV team plan to achieve core progression within warframe? How does the DEV team plan to improve the gameplay knowledge of PS4 players within the warframe client? How does the DEV team plan to curb players' dependence on the wiki?

(22) Warframe's lack of reward proportionality has been magnified with the release of the 8-player trial. How does DE plan to create a standard for rewards within warframe? How does DE plan to provide proportional rewards retroactively in endless missions? Will trials be given proper incentives?

(18) Will the mastery system ever reflect game advancement, longevity of play, or skill-strength proficiency? This system requires reform before it can be given meaning.

(6) Will enemies ever evolve with level? Rather than base stat increases alone, shouldn't enemies gain new weapon types, gear, abilities, and higher skill-demands?

Will parry and channeling ever become universally viable systems? How does the DEV team plan to complete these systems?

(24) Short and/or light melee weapons would benefit greatly from step-in, what is the DEV team's view on this mechanic?

(17) Does DE have any plans to curb wiki dependence?

(19) What sort of content does DE intend to provide for veterans to support the demands of the legnedary-10 mods? Will there be mastery-locked content with rewards uniquely suited to veterans? 

Assorted Topics for the DEV team to speak on below. Questions may be assumed.

1. Restrict the trade of ranked mods and prime parts using the mastery system

2. Increase switch to melee speed & switch weapon speed

3. Nekros

4. Progression

5. Warframe Evolution

6. Enemy Evolution instead of endless scaling

7. Unfinished Parry System

8. Archwing

9. Awkward combos and too few combos

10. Damage 2.0 Balancing

11. Useless mods

12. Dark Sectors riddled with glitches, unbalance, and lacks incentives

13. Shotguns

14. Ammo Eaters

15. Bi-weekly rotating enemy mod drops

16. Dodge Movement, and Verticality

17. The Wiki Elimination Act

18. Mastery Reform

19. Difficult and Rewarding mission types unlocked through mastery.

20. Larger balancing team

21. Slowly regenerating health

22. Reward Proportionality

23. Serious bosses

24. Step-in for all melee weapons

25. Power augments that only affect team members changed to also affect the player

26. Assorted comprehensive warframe balancing

27. Better ways to get credits

28. Primary and Secondary shared sniper ammo

29. Kubrow & Sentinel Evolution

30. Nullifiers & Bombards