Coming Soon: Devstream #49!

[DE]Megan

1. Any info on Tombs of the Sentients?

2. When will the focus system arrive?

3. How's the progress on J3 golem?

4. Any hint on the next big event?

5. How's the progress on Mios?

6. What's the theme of the next frame?

7. Will we be able to equip more than 2 sigils?

8. How will you guys return Frost, Latron, and Reaper Prime?

9. Will slower weapons be buffed to be able to destroy nullifier bubbles easily? Since it's kind of silly seeing nullifier bubbles only get reduced a bit when shot by opticor.

Edited by Jangkrik

Is there anyone over at DE that has themselves grinded all the credits and cores to max all of their level 10 mods? Is there anyone that has at least 10 maxed level 10 mods, be it Serration, Hornet Strike, kubrow mods, archwing mods primed mods? Is there anyone at DE that fairly grinds for all the content you release, and then gives you feedback on how it went in terms of burnout?

Because if there's nobody like that, then how are you supposed to know how it feels to play your game? Or perhaps you consider it unnecessary for you to know how it feels to play it?

Wall of text ahead, Main questions have been bolded.

After the recent adjustments to Excalibur's Radial Javelin, I'm unsure what direction warframe abilities are headed in. While I think that many frame abilities need to adjusted in some way (some buffed, some nerfed), I'm unsure what your evaluation on the current state of things is. Radial javelin has been nerfed to not hit enemies in spawns and  unalerted enemies out of LoS (at least thats what i think the intended change/current behavior is). In the past, we have gone back and forth on the issue of abilities killing enemies in spawns/around corners/the next room over. However, adjustments often only adressed a part of the abilities that could do so (Saryn can still do this against any enemy, Mag can do it against Corpus, even if it may not have the range Radial Javelin has). While limited resources/time are legitimate reason to only adjust some abilities, I feel that an official statement regarding those kinds of abilities in general is needed.

How powerful does DE believe frame abilities (esp. 4s) should be? How difficult/skilldependent should it be to apply that power? How does DE compare abilities between frames (or frames as a whole) as well as with other abilities of the same frame?

Following up on that, what kind of abilities do you think frames should have and how powerful should that kind of ability be? Many games have stronger skillshots vs. weaker, but easier to hit skills as well as team oriented skills that (attempt to) subtly enforce teamplay.

Do you want abilities to be niche/tactical/situational (i.e. things like Electric Shield, Sleight of Hand, Hallowed Ground)? Do you want the game to have skill-shot type abilities (uhhm-Bloomer? Other 1 abilites like Fireball could fit that description if they weren't so overshadowed by the 4s)? Do you want more team-oriented buffs (Infusion type skills, Sonar)? More types of debuffs(Radial Disarm, Chaos)? What do you think of radial AoE abilities in general?

My Chroma is still building, but from the skill descriptions he seems to be more on the situational skills/buff side of things. Mesa on the other hand had situational skills and teambuff as well, but also a more "traditional" room clearer. Limbo was almost completely focused on situational and team"buff"-type abilites. Hydroid and Zephyr are both lacking a "traditional" roomclearer. Is that indication of a new design approach?

What type of abilities can we expect to see on new frames? Will abilities on older frames see adjustments/augments in that direction as well?

How do you feel about roles and how will it influence both existing and new frames? (in the sense of having frames specialized for a specific task/weapon group/enemy faction etc.). Some frames (like Valkyr=melee frame, Vauban=static defenses) seem to be designed around a specific role while its not as clear for many other frames.

I can think of a few questions that need answering.

• How often does DE perform unit Testing of game pad usability/functionality on windows? I have personally found that there is major problems within the main user interface that should be fairly easy to fix if you take a look into how some of the input is handled on the Xbox One.
    NOTE: I brought major portions of these issues up in the 2015 bug report thread more than 2 months ago and nothing has been done to fix it. A quick suggestion i can think of is to update the launcher to where when you use the gamepad to initiate the game that the game will go into an XBox One styled user interface since the user interface hints for this should also be valid for windows if you use an xinput capable controller. Also as a side note, you can use an xbox one controller on windows by simply installing a driver ( Xbox One support Article over this ) and a microusb cable.
  • Will the game ever support the Steam Machines( or Steam OS)?
  • How well is Windows 10 going to be supported? I know that this operating system is currently undergoing public testing.
  • What is being done to improve LAN play? I know that I frequently play games where there three players in the squad are on the local network ( Same router, wireless access point, etc), and the last member is generally from the internet.
  • Is any work is being done to fix rejoining of endless Missions. I know that there has been multiple times where where crashed (or hanged ) and could not rejoin because of the error message that the objective has been complete. I also know that things get worst if the host ( or void keyholder) was the one to crash.

This will probably not even get a mention but ill throw my question out there anyway !

Why are level 10 mods just soooo grindy ? I want to be a powerful Tenno but ranking mods up past level 8 is where the fun stops ! Friends have explained to rank a mod up from 0 to 10 will take 400 + gold fusion cores and a bucket full of credits . I don't mind grinding to some extent but to farm to that degree is time consuming and very demanding . You explained in Tenno live you wanted players engaged in missions that have by and large been played once and forgotten about ( Hijack being one of them ) so how do you expect players to play these missions and still grind out nearly 10 000 gold cores to max out all the lv 10 mods ?

10 000 gold cores was a wild guess thinking about it now , its probably more !!!!!

Any cross-plateforms features planned ? Like Relays or PvE stuff shared with console tennos ?

Why no Vectis Prime this time ? :(

What are the incoming buff/nerf ? 

Will we ever have a fix for the Mesa Noble animation breaking attachements ?

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/416224-targis-prime-armor-clipping-with-mesa-noble-animation-on-other-frames/#entry4605048 

Edit:

Stealthfixed with Hotfix 16.1.3, since it wasn't mentioned in the patchnotes hopefully you where aware of that bug so it wont show up again. Anyway thanks DE!

Year of Quality?

Movement and shooting mechanics are bugged for a while now, since it seems nobody cares about that,

i felt the intention to finally bring that up now. For me this is a essential gameplay mechanic which made

Warframe having a fast paced gameplay.

Source thread here

Inb4 this was stated as a bug and was fixed with HotFix 11.5.3:

• Fixed aiming and shooting knocking you out of a wallrun or slide.

Full Patch notes here

Run'n gun feels extremly broken. Especially when the action starts and you really try to use your mobility. Beeing

unable to shoot while sprinting or vice versa does heavily interrupt gameplay and leads to some weird behavior.

For example: Start shooting while sprinting and slide-jumping will abort the slide-animation in mid-air with the

character doing a crouch animation with the shootinganimation pointed to the ground. Ohhh...wait....

remember the TWOOOOOO GRAKATA! Grineer fanart? here

For the sake of year of quality, please fix.

Greets

Edited by NotoMaru

Scott:

any plans on introducing new ways of earning mastery experience?

Geoff:

can you please fix thrown weapons using some pistol animations in some instances?

Joe:

what is the pvp team working on right now

what do you focus on when balancing weapons between their variants and other weapon types

what do you think about the current state of 2.0 - frames, abilities, energy, weapons, movement and mechanics

Edited by onemoonlight

Hi DE good job for making the game so d a m n good, anyways I have questions that the players will also ask

1. When will the Mios be released

2. Is the tyl regor revamped still in progress

3. Besides the grineer manic (he is freakin badass) being released will we ever see the juggernaut in future updates

4. Will the sentients be released in future updates (not major updates like u17,18, ....)

5 Lastly is j3-golem still work in progress?

Edited by InfamousDerp

I'm sure this has been asked but i'm too lazy to search for it because its 7 in the morning and I just woke up.

Why doesn't Chroma have Radiation, Corrosive, Magnetic, Blast, and Gas elemental types for his possible damage type? There should be a line betweeen different colors that'd be close to the colors that Zephyrs Tornado changes more specifically in color based on the elemental type that hits it. So why can't chromas be more precise to have more elemental damage types added to his damage type pool? Is there any plans to update him to be able to field those other 5 elemental types?

EDIT: additional thought that what if a specific color of his armor when combined with the energy color changes his elemental type, so it'd be far easier or plausible to create the other damage types. It'd be interesting to be seen done, but thats just me.

Edited by Cmdr-A

1) What kinds of changes do you have in mind for the existing sniper rifles, as far as making them more viable in typical missions?

2) Right now there's a whopping three sniper rifles (Snipetron series is in the vault, it doesn't count), and one, the Lanka, performs more like a bow (charge time, non-hitscan, silent, innate punch through). Do you have any plans to release more?

1: Is the design of Chroma a sign of what those at Digital Extremes would like to achieve with the other 'tank' frames (Rhino and Frost)? Because, as it stands, neither really appear as 'tanks'.

Rhino, as the unstoppable force, has powers that could easily be reworked to allow him to play like a tank (An aggro control tank IMO), but has the issue that none of them really behave in ways that are appropriate for a tank, or they aren't effective enough to let him do this job. Frost, as the immovable object, could use work to put him into that area whilst still keeping him the king of 'sit in one spot and claim it as your kindom', without simply making him reside solely in defence.

2: As much as some members of the community may be attached to the [bug/exploit/unintended side-effect] of slide attacks, do you not feel that it would impede on the work of Parkour 2.0? This relates to my previous question as this bug is causing any intended function of tanks being powerful but slow as pointless.

Edited by White-Glint

When can we see Focus / will we ever see it? Have you guys scrapped the idea?

Also, will we ever get more places to put Sigils (such as on our helmets)? Right now with all the Sigil variety in the game, and the fact that it's pretty much obligatory for us to use a Syndicate Sigil, many of the awesome Sigil designs go to waste.

And finally, are we going to get an Arcane Enhancement buff? Because as it stands, their bonuses are quite negligible - even when you stack them 4 times :( And that's not even considering the ridiculous amount of effort/money that would have to go into getting 10 of the same Arcane. 

so i take that you havent gotten any near to the maxium rank of the arcane buffs they are insane some of them are lame but most of them are insane for exsample i have max arcane nullifier in my syandana and i can just walk into the grineer sencor bars coz it stop the effect with 100% it wont even allow it to begin not to mention other insane like arcane barrier on last level 10% chance for full shield upon damage and they way it get shot at that makes me blody invincible to kill or arcane trickster or whats it called 25 % chance to go invis on finisher and like for 30 seconds

so yeah and now that they reduced the cost to 200k instead 500 thats your buff right there its ment to be expensive and time taking because that is what one would call end game content. so if i was you i wouldnt dare to whine that these need buff if so then youre bad at the game

PS. sorry for bad english

Question : In Tenno Live 2015, Sheldon said the void would disappear in a future update and the players could farm for prime parts in the Star Chart doing the missions they like.

Want to know more ??

Edited by DeadShot-PT

Suggestions/Questions to Joe of the conclave team:

I enjoy the new conclaves a fair bit, reminds me of playing UT (made by DE & Epic) in my youth but with a twist, but there are some tweaks I'd like to see to make it less confusing:

Announce what team you are on: If you join during an ongoing match you don't know until you meet an enemy, you don't know if you're in the enemy base or your own base until you do.

Mark the cephalon carriers better: the tiny cube in their hand that vanishes during some moves isn't distinct enough, I can't tell which enemy player to focus on in many instances, something larger and more visually distinct would be appreciated. Marking them on the minimap might be a good idea as well, there are some pretty weird places you can hide currently like below the floor and high above the ground in the outdoor map etc.

Not allowing the cephalon carrier to copter would be another suggestion of mine, they're nearly impossible to kill atm due to the small maps and insane speed of coptering. Perhaps implement a flat speed reduction like when holding void key in void sabotage?

Wait for 4v4: I've had 1v1 games, 1v4 games etc, it's not fun, it's silly. Matches seem to be balanced during load screen and between load screen and game starting, but it doesn't balance after the game starts, if 3 guys on one side leaves instantly/doesn't connect properly you're left with a 1v4 game, implementing team balancing during matches would be nice.

Time limit: CTF games of old usually had a time limit, please implement one, would also be a work-around for the fairly common vanishing cephalon bug (please fix that bug, I think one way it occurs when ceph carrier disconnects) but it also helps end rounds where both sides are being too defensive at some point, games can currently go on forever.

Tell players the objective: A lot of players joining the games don't seem to know it's CTF, and/or how CTF works, spell out the rules in the loading screen or perhaps make the new guy tell us in more detail, like that you need to have your own cept in base to score. 

Last but not least: We need some way to tell if warframe abilities that linger (like frost ground effect, snowglobe, volt's overload ring etc) will harm us or not, Normal WF is a PvE co-op game so it's safe to assume all warframe abilities are harmless/good for you, but in PvP it's really confusing, you don't know if a snowglobe will slow you or not, you don't know if an expanding ultimate will kill you or not, etc Best solution I can come up with is to have an option to force team colors on energy client side, ie if I tick that option box all enemy warframe effects (and gunfire perhaps?) would have the enemy team's color, and all friendly have that team's color, do you have a better idea?

Oh and also please implement team/all chat, currently "squad" goes to everyone, can't talk only to your team, I assume the same is true for voice? Don't have a headset atm.

Edited by KriLL3