Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Easiest Daikyu Fix

HAYABU5A

"Daikyu takes great strength to draw back, but provides added power and range to every shot. Its lethal arrows have been coated in a powerful neurotoxin."

just change the IPS to toxin damage

logically it makes sense it was common to coat arrowheads with poison and will allow the status to work reliably

the daikyu does not have to be the king of dps or single shot damage its fine having a status based bow but because of the low rof it just wont work with ips dilution causing player frustration with this particular weapon

you want your single precious shot to proc reliably, to inflict the required status for utility

removing the ips and giving the weapon innate toxin damage at the same base damage value would solve all the problems and allow this bow to fulfill its role

it doesnt need to receive the 100% toxin DoT that scales off base dmg but it certainly wouldnt hurt a weapon with such low rof 

we know dev dont like to just up and change weapon details especially just after release but there are countless threads brimming with frustrations and this would be so simple to resolve for this unique case 

the weapon itself is very aesthetically pleasing and fun to use, but the ips conflicts too hard against its usage and lets face it puncture bows have been done to death anyways 

I wanted to say that 'fixing' the Daikyu is unnecessary but... honestly yeah IPS can be ok, but Puncture is just the worst on a bow with such a great Status chance. Half your shots are just going to end up weakening things and that's so pointless. I'd rather they do something like force Daikyu to be a Primary and Secondary with arrows of Fire, Electric, Toxin, or Cold in your secondary slot that can be modified all on their own (and maybe even thrown with a large damage reduction while downed). Basically it'd be nice to get non-IPS element but actually have a choice since you might not want to build around Toxin damage.

At the very least change it from Puncture to Slash and I'd be happy since Slash has a decent effect.

Edited by overomega

from my point, the damages are ok since i don't bring a bow to face against hordes of enemies, but what makes my frustration is that shot-cancel that occur once every 6/8 seconds, which makes me to aim, charge, wait a few for a target, and then charge again when target is in sight ...so awkward !

Maybe in addition to that, give anyway even a little buff to RoF. Even modded with maxed Speed Trigger, it is SOOOOO SLOOOWWW ...

Use Vile acceleration instead.

This is an excellent idea though, one that ive posted on other threads as well. I set Gas up on my Daikyu so that i could take advantage of the high damage and try and hit small groups with it. I then realised just how pointless it is when only 1/10 shots actually proc'd gas. Status weapons only really work if theyre elemental weapons.

If I'm remembering my bow history correctly, Great bows like the daikyu (there is actually no such thing as short bow, long bow, or great bow. Just bows too big or too small for you) would fire their arrows so fast that any poison applied would actually fly off as it flew.

So  longbow, or great bow as I call them, (Again, no such thing) users would never put poison on as it would be a wasted effort.

Just throwing in some fun history, although to the guy who got shot by those shots, the lack of poison on the tip did little to make him feel better

Use Vile acceleration instead.

This is an excellent idea though, one that ive posted on other threads as well. I set Gas up on my Daikyu so that i could take advantage of the high damage and try and hit small groups with it. I then realised just how pointless it is when only 1/10 shots actually proc'd gas. Status weapons only really work if theyre elemental weapons.

I actually thought about it, but when I saw how little effect Speed Trigger has, I've come quickly to the conclusion Vile Acceleration wouldn't unfortunately make such a big difference. It could be an excellent bow, but RoF, mechanics (no uncharged shot) and inconsistence of Status procs just ruin it in my opinion...

Edited by Arkhenbarn

I actually thought about it, but when I saw how little effect Speed Trigger has, I've come quickly to the conclusion Vile Acceleration wouldn't unfortunately make such a great difference. It could be an excellent bow, but RoF, mechanics (no uncharged shot) and inconsistence of Status procs just ruin it in my opinion...

You are completely right, its not worth the hassle of using, i merely used Vile acceleration over Speed trigger to make it a tad more comfortable whilst i leveled it.

...maybe give Daikyou the Chroma treatment? Such high status shouldn't go to waste on IP (Slash is awesome), giving us an option to decide what elemental it has could offset some of its drawbacks.

I'd friggin love this!

I'm totally PRO the rework Daykyu as a chroma-bow. As in elemental damage, energy color dictates element type. 

We already have puncture bows. 

(Still want to see Kela De Thaim drop her rocket launcher for a Grineer-Orokin hybrid impact-bow to pair with the Cernos, but at Paris prime/Dread stat levels. but this wouldn't be the Daykyu)

Edited by -TP-BrazilianJoe

Seems like a good idea. The newly released arrow skins and chroma energy effects clearly shows that it would be possible to alter things. Customization is good :)

Different arrows - different stats.

Different colors - different elementals

or what op suggested. Seems good to me...I still hate bows but hey, might as well make them as good as possible.

...maybe give Daikyou the Chroma treatment? Such high status shouldn't go to waste on IP (Slash is awesome), giving us an option to decide what elemental it has could offset some of its drawbacks.

At least OP's suggestion makes sense. This just seems random, and doesn't fit the weapon. If something like this happened, I would expect it to be implemented on every other elemental based weapon too.

The only thing what could fix the full charge is speed trigger and with shred it could charge fast. The bow it self is fine, mine ate 4 forma's but i think 5 would be fine too. I personally like the daikyu bow. It has some sense, long bow which does require full charge, however i wonder if they could fix it by increasing the damage a bit up. Since longbows were designed logically to fire the arrows for larger distances and have more power than the short bow. At least if i understand the logic on why there are short bows and long bows. Short bows are good for hunting and long bows are good for more power/range. 

split chamber, serration, shred with speed trigger and lastly status mod makes it YUM... It kills 5 to 10 soldiers in 1 row like hot knife slices through butter.

I actually thought about it, but when I saw how little effect Speed Trigger has, I've come quickly to the conclusion Vile Acceleration wouldn't unfortunately make such a big difference

You have to use speed trigger AND vile acceleration to make this a practical weapon. (And it's still slower than the other bows)

I suggested this in the past and still think it is the optimal solution. Elemental weapons are far more effective at applying status procs of your choice than physical weapons, and making the base element type dynamic lets every player set up their build how they want it.

Seems like a good idea. The newly released arrow skins and chroma energy effects clearly shows that it would be possible to alter things. Customization is good :)

Different arrows - different stats.

Different colors - different elementals

or what op suggested. Seems good to me...I still hate bows but hey, might as well make them as good as possible.

^very much this

That way daikyu can be customized according to the mission

What if one click would fire a half-charge arrow, doing base damage, and then click and hold to full charge would do 2x damage?

So, like the opticor, but I really like not having to hold for arrows.

Of course, this would come along with a lot of other fixes to damage type, status chance, overall base damage, to make it usable when modded right.

What if one click would fire a half-charge arrow, doing base damage, and then click and hold to full charge would do 2x damage?

So, like the opticor, but I really like not having to hold for arrows.

Of course, this would come along with a lot of other fixes to damage type, status chance, overall base damage, to make it usable when modded right.

I was thinking something similar to this. Cut the draw time in half. Then allow for an "overdraw" mechanic unique to the Daikyu (and, perhaps, any other longbow released in the future) for some kind of bonus (bonus crit chance, maybe?).