Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Next Prime Frame Confirmed! Vauban Prime!

(PSN)Elctrcstel

It think it is cool that perhaps the person who created the frames modeled them after his love or someone he thinks of but the frames themselves I do not think should be considered as a romantic couple. The frames are of technology and flesh and probably do not have the concept of love in them. However, I think that the pair being infamous to the Tenno as a kind of poetic symbolism with their powers working well together is a very amazing concept!! 

Also so if anything batman goes with cat woman.

18 hours ago, SirSleepy said:

"For your consideration..."

It sounds like he's talking to a board of investors, advertising the "latest in Orokin Warframe Technology." I just thought that was interesting.

That was the vibe I got from watching it. A tech demo.

Also, more interesting was the fact this was aimed at what is presumably a social faction with the Orokin society, namely the corpus or what they were when the empire still stood. Apparently, the Orokin Empire was rather fractious. Parallels with the Roman Empire are hard to ignore. Or maybe Byzantium, though the executor council seems more like late republican Rome, especially near the time of the social war.

Interesting stuff as always.

On 4/22/2016 at 4:15 PM, (PS4)Lowk721 said:

Just frame cross-powers interaction alone would be cool. Having one special based on the history of the frames would be that cool extra bonus.

Plus, this can be used so people arent pushed in playing certain frames. You know, "we need a frost!"

On 4/22/2016 at 4:23 PM, TARINunit9 said:

Unless DE proves otherwise, I'm going in the assumption that Ballas is dead. Like long dead, died alongside his Emperors in the Outer Terminus the day we pissed off Stalker. This would have been centuries before the capital-C Corpus ever existed

Also Margulis is not Saryn. Saryn was a gift that Ballas created in Margulis's memory

Doesnt matter if he is dead or alive now, the videos shows him talking about the process of the creation of the frame.

He is explaining why each frame was made in both videos. He clearly states that Vauban is to fight the Corpus to stop their greed, to stop them from profiting from the end of the war. So this tells us that he was alive after the rebellion of the tenno and that he created Vauban after the Old War ended specifically to fight the Corpus.

So it appears that there were some Orokin left still trying to get their empire back.

18 minutes ago, Mak_Gohae said:

Doesnt matter if he is dead or alive now, the videos shows him talking about the process of the creation of the frame.

He is explaining why each frame was made in both videos. He clearly states that Vauban is to fight the Corpus to stop their greed, to stop them from profiting from the end of the war. So this tells us that he was alive after the rebellion of the tenno and that he created Vauban after the Old War ended specifically to fight the Corpus.

So it appears that there were some Orokin left still trying to get their empire back.

Possibly, it's kinda vague. Obviously it's cherry-picked to sound exactly like the modern capital-C Corpus. But also remember, the Orokin weren't as unified as they like to claim. The Mara Detron's codex blurb spells out they had pirate raiders and other nasty groups like that; perhaps they are the "merchantiles" that Ballas looks down upon with such disdain

6 hours ago, Mak_Gohae said:

The Saryn introduction makes it seem like that dude made Saryn in her image. He is "talking" to her about what he is doing.

I will say that Vauban is a bit more vague but he does sound mad about what they are doing after the war ended.

He was simply telling her that her sacrifice wasn't in vain and that he transformed the "flowers"(i.e Tenno) into deadly weapon. Saryn was dedicated to Margulis because she was made specificaly to reclaim the Earth, and Margulis used to dream about it. There was nothing about Saryn being modeled after Margulis.

At this point I have heard multiple people claim it is both weapons by means of datamining or otherwise, all claiming with certainty and none giving any proof on the matter. It could be either one... until I hear something official I refuse to get my hopes up about either weapon. 

13 hours ago, Sloan441 said:

That was the vibe I got from watching it. A tech demo.

Also, more interesting was the fact this was aimed at what is presumably a social faction with the Orokin society, namely the corpus or what they were when the empire still stood. Apparently, the Orokin Empire was rather fractious. Parallels with the Roman Empire are hard to ignore. Or maybe Byzantium, though the executor council seems more like late republican Rome, especially near the time of the social war.

Interesting stuff as always.

Corpus exists as Archmedians since the Orokin Empire. After the fall, they started as scavengers, then funded colonies and industries, and now are Corpus. DE doesn't have archmedian models in game, that's why they used Corpus in the trailer. Saryn trailer shows her killing infested grineer, while Ballas is talking about Infested Earth during the War. To me, Ballas is talking about Archmedians and how Vauban could be the perfect weapon against them and their machines. Ballas really was/is a Orokin elitist. He hated the Archmedians because their greed weakened the Empire and hate the Tenno because they are powerfull.

I'm more curious about the new Vauban's stats than anything. 

I am expecting some kind of energy buff because he is a caster, but I also feel like he badly needs an armor buff. And with all the new armor bits on him I think an armor buff probably is likely -- he looks noticeably more bulky. It would also make sense and fit well with his rumored new passive ability. 

I would be fine with only getting Loki and Nova Prime levels of energy instead of Volt and Saryn Prime if it meant getting a bigger armor buff though. I mean, he definitely needs a energy increase, but he is slow and relies on locking down everything, he really needs more armor above all else. 

Edited by Tesseract7777

I'm just hopeing they rework Trash-Ban, as all of his powers are useless (besides Vortex/Bestill)

They need to remove his Jump-Pad & Tesla, cuz they are trash, every other frame, can do his stuff better 

P.S Whats this passive people talk about?

Edited by LegionCynex

3 hours ago, -SDM-NerevarCM said:

Corpus exists as Archmedians since the Orokin Empire. After the fall, they started as scavengers, then funded colonies and industries, and now are Corpus. DE doesn't have archmedian models in game, that's why they used Corpus in the trailer. Saryn trailer shows her killing infested grineer, while Ballas is talking about Infested Earth during the War. To me, Ballas is talking about Archmedians and how Vauban could be the perfect weapon against them and their machines. Ballas really was/is a Orokin elitist. He hated the Archmedians because their greed weakened the Empire and hate the Tenno because they are powerfull.

To be honest, what I gathered from the trailer is that Ballas is somehow talking about the present-day, and the actions Vauban Prime perform are present-day as well.

"Lust was my sin. But greed is the blight that weakens us still. These industrialists, gorged on the harvest of our long war. Their mind-drones, their mechanizations toil in foundries remote. For what purpose? We must set watch upon them, baiting our snares with the worms of profit. Those who kneel at the altar of commerce will be returned to the Void.
For your consideration... Vauban."  ~ BOOBEN Prime Trailer

The way its spoken at the end has 2 interpretations:

1) Someone send a message to Vauban to consider what the Corpus are doing: profiting from the Old War's ruins. And decide how to best act on it (which of course was: kill 'em). But it remains a mystery on "who" is it. Its not Balas, this is after the Orokin fell. And that person was there when the Old War and the fall of the Orokin happened, so who?

2) Its in the form of a message and can be put like this:

"Lust was (...) returned to the Void.

For your consideration,

Vauban."

It implies that Vauban himself send that message and someone else is reading it.

What you guys think?

It's Ballas, and he is likely asking the Council of Executors to consider and approve his new warframe: Vauban.

It's voiced by the same person that did the previous trailer and the line "Lust was my sin" is probably referring to his love for Margulis.

Edited by PikeOrShield

I Think its Vauban him self. Sending a Messag to the Orokin Council or the Lotus (before the Tenno decided to rip the Empire appart but after the War with the Sentinents). The Corpus where there even at this time .He questiones their plans because they still run their Machniery nonstop for no reason but to make profit out of the War the Tenno and Orokin Soldiers fought.

Edited by Cruelitas

It is Ballas. Its the same voice from the Saryn Prime trailer and the second dream flashbacks. Also notice how he said "our long war"? Fairly certain thats meant to imply the old war is still going on and that the Corpus at the time somehow profited from the war. Mabye the Corpus rose so much in power from these profits that the Orokin thought they could potentially challenge them and the Orokin in their panoria made the first Vaubans to keep them in check.