Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Community Elitists

Hellslinger

So I have been gone for a while and decided to get back into Warframe cause I was bored and one of the things I have noticed is that there seems to be some kind of trend where if you have an MR below 20, you're regarded as clueless and have no idea what you're talking about. Typical elitist attitude, yes? I am not sure due to my absence, but have there been more Warframe players with an elitist attitude growing as of late? Let me know your thoughts.

In some cases yes, but in general no.

I'm not sure who you are meeting or...what you are meeting in, but if you are below MR20, that doesn't justify that you are bad.

I only justify players MR6 or below to not know of how to do LoRs, and stuff. However, there have been some cases where they overtake MR10+ players.

The only thing I can assume that you might be misleading on is assumption.-However, there have been more and more players thinking that new players have no clue of certian mechanics, or how to do some things.

EX: Hosting ODD, nanospore farm, speed run, need nekros.-Brings middle nekros

EX2:Hosting ODD, nanospore farm, need desecrating nekros.-Brings Desecrating nekros.

--------------------------------------------

In the end, I say that it well, isn't a common thing to me, I have rarely met players that judge people directly on MR.

I can't say it's a growing trend, but I don't judge other players by MR for the least.

I'm at MR 14 and I literally feel like I've done everything there is to do in the game. I can't even imagine leveling fodder to get up to 20... I also seem to often find MR 20 players who don't know how to do spy missions, especially Moon spy missions without failling or setting off an alarm or whatever.

You'll see that more in the Recruiting chat than anything, because people there aren't smart enough to realize that MR =/= skill (hence you'll see MR 18+ players that are complete morons). And heck, even if they did want to, most people that aren't really new are pretty good. But yeah, typical elitist mentality, it's unavoidable in any game, but it's not overly prominent.

Meh, I am Mastery 16 and look down on everyone.

Random teammates are almost always terrible, and most people here have no idea how things work. 

I'm a proud Elitist, but know that it is because of experience and not because of your mastery rank. 

5 minutes ago, Sixty5 said:

Meh, I am Mastery 16 and look down on everyone.

Random teammates are almost always terrible, and most people here have no idea how things work. 

I'm a proud Elitist, but know that it is because of experience and not because of your mastery rank. 

MR 12 here and i do the same thing :p

I look down on anything that doesn't look close enough to my colour choices as well.

20 minutes ago, Reitrahc said:

I'm at MR 14 and I literally feel like I've done everything there is to do in the game. I can't even imagine leveling fodder to get up to 20... I also seem to often find MR 20 players who don't know how to do spy missions, especially Moon spy missions without failling or setting off an alarm or whatever.

Moon spy missions are new. MR 20 players are old.  It is quite likely they just began the game again recently an haven't had practice in moon spy missions.

I don't really care about mastery rank. I always just check what equipment people are bringing, then their Health/Shields once we're in mission.
I only care about MR if it's under 4 and they'll have difficulty with using sub-par equipment, then I just try to keep an eye on them and make sure they don't get overwhelmed with enemies.

Most of the Elitist stuff comes from Recruiting chat with people forming the most efficient (and boring) squads to handle a task and think that anything else isn't worth it. The main reason I haven't done any of the raids yet is because you can't do Pug matches to avoid handpicked squads.

I don't think I'm an Elitist. I'm only MR 20 because I used Draco for a number of weapons I didn't care about after I was already MR13. Had taken a break before Syndicates and wanted to more easily get Daily Rep. After 3 years of playing Warframe and 1300 Mission Hours I think I'm pretty experienced though.

Edited by Maicael

Only time I care about it is pug'ing a LoR.  In recent memory, I haven't had a smooth one with anyone under MR15 in the group.  I've had some rocky ones with nothing but MR19-21 too though - about a week ago a MR21 Mirage thought he was recruited to be a damage frame - the only cc ended up being me running in circles to keep the stun of Silence up.  Not to bash Mirages, but yesterday one on Hieracon didn't understand why I wasn't popping Maim off when I was running Peaceful Provocation.  It's definitely the people, not the MR.

It happens... And not just about MR either.

You also have build and gear snobs who look down on anything they don't perceive as "accepted"

It is what it is at this point. 

For my part, I am glad that those people make themselves known so loudly as it lets me slot them in my ignore list with no work.

I'm MR 0 and I look down on anyone who has more than MR2, and I call them no life shut ins. Kappa.

There is no Elitism based off MR. There is only Elitism based off the Meta.

To put it short, Warframe is the sort of game where many people hug the Meta really tightly and they look down on anyone who doesn't embrace the meta. 

founders in the design council are pretty chill. they all know the burnouts happen and this game keeps moving without you. Game is deep, if someones being a $&*^ just let em be a $&*^ mastery rank has nothing to do with $&*^heads