Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop Part 2: ...& more Warframe Changes.

[DE]Rebecca

As someone who mains an Excalibur, I am mostly looking forward to these changes. I do think the spin attack energy cost will be a bad change. I would rather have a regular spin attack without any blind than have a spin attack that basically just wastes energy. 

I think there are also some issues with EB and the way energy is consumed while channeling.

Exalted Blade's "additional" energy costs already makes it less usable in melee. let's say you want to melee a group of dudes and have melee channeling enabled. all your energy will be drained in one strike. now with the spin costing you energy will make the ability even less intereseting for melee encounters. remove the blind, make sure the waves are more of a gimmick, than actually killing hordes of enemies, but remove those additional costs, please :(

the trin changes are great, because no other healing frame even needs to bother with their healing abilities because of it. and encounters have to be balanced around "99% dmg reduction with 100% uptime" in trials, for example. that is crap. I like the changes very much. now do something about EV next.

Edited by [DE]Taylor
removed inflammatory comment

Trinity GOD Blessing nerfed, reasonable.

Blessing range reduce from infinity to 50m, reasonable.

% reduction base on all Tenno average? not reasonable.

Why? well if you take a Rhino into account who is design to take little damage as possible, so I fight with my 99% damage heal against 0% damage heal of a tank? So I average with the two is roughly 50%, which is a crucial defense from Trinity beside link to assure she can survive as a study healing tank to revive and heal the team in the fight.

I can already predict that the average best would be with 4 Tenno, (99+70+65+30)/4= 66% reduction.

My suggestion would be simple, take the two highest damage once* (since even solo if you have a companion it would be still two health, and solo entirely without companion is self explained.) and just use there average rather then the whole group.

*PS, the health of you companion also seem to count in the current state does that mean they are included in the math?

Dunno if this has been asked, but I'm going to ask it anyways. Will the Vazarin Focus tree allow you to extend the range of Trin's Blessing as it does the affinity sharing? If it does not it would make knowing the range of Trin's Blessing a bit tough with that ability activated/maxed. I'm not overly bothered with the changes to blessing, just worried that the changes made to the ability will be ruined by the functionality of something else.

I main excal and i have some thoughts on the changes, 

First off, FINALLY. I really love EB but ive always thought the waves were too strong in comparison to the Blade itself so the nerf on the waves is extremely welcomed.

Secondly, i gotta say i disagree with making the mini radial blind cost energy, EB should promote actual swordsmanship and to be honest thats how i get into a fight (run in, spin attack, wail on them) and id say this is extremely going against EB melee playstyle, which isnt what i want from melee frame.

Third, would it be possible to give EB some form of movement speed buff and/or slight sword range increase (just the blade not the waves) to conpensate to be able to get into range for the EB (especially since body count doesnt work with EB and its a bit harder to keep combos going)

Thanks for listening(:

15 hours ago, Valsako said:

Nerf Trin's blessing and I'll quit the game after playing well over 1,000 hours since 2013. That simple.

Mirage is fine, I get it, the blind is OP. Valkyr is also fine, I get it, staying in Hysteria forever with no reason to ever leave it is kind of stupid. I feel Excal's mini radial blind nerf is kinda silly since it was never that effective to begin with and it seems a little weird to be charged energy for what's possible to just accidentally engage, but whatever.

But do not nerf Trin's blessing. If you do that, what's the point of even using Trin outside of EV? If you make her healing useless, it'll be just another Well of Life - another 100% useless ability. At that rate you may as well go EV Trin so you can just heal everybody's shields, because blessing's current design is the only thing that makes it a better option for health support. These are the only ways you could limit it:

Range - Making the range no longer be infinite would just render the whole ability pointless since this is a game where everybody flies everywhere, it's painful enough to give people energy without them missing it completely unless you use an EV build.

Damage reduction - Removing or reducing the damage reduction given from HP regenerated would just make EV far more favorable. Costs virtually nothing, and rapidly buffs + restores shields. Why spam a 4 to heal everyone for no other benefit when you can do that?

Healing - Reducing the amount the ability heals would defeat the purpose of even having it as a 4th. What good is a 4th that does absolutely nothing to enemies if it doesn't even properly heal you and your allies?

These are the only three ways you could possibly nerf Blessing, and all three of them are bad ideas. How else would you nerf it? Because I know you don't want to buff it. Just stop right there and don't even think about it. Trin's in a good place right now as she is aside from her useless first ability, since she has zero offense abilities, and she's entirely built toward tanking while offering support. Why nerf the one and only thing she's made for? Do you WANT her to be useless? Do you WANT Trin to join the ranks of Hydroid and Mesa? Do you WANT her to be a one-trick pony with EV? No? Then leave her as she is. Thanks.

Yep i echo this post... steam says 912 hours played there's a dreadfull flushing sound in the background now.....

The abilities where broken, no question whatsoever, but that's because the game is broken.... enemies do scale infinetly, defenses do not.... stacking defences means it takes more ammo than you have to take 1 raid enemy to 50% hp (since your powers do nothing coz you've moded for surviveability)... add in the Mag change wich i'm now 100% sure it makes Polarize LoS dependant to.... and since magnetize is something to you want to use now you also need duration... so we run into the saryn Rework problem of needing 200% in every single stat to do... anything...

Abuse your Ashe's like it's the last  @#&*( in a struggling Thai brothel because after bladestorm gets... adjusted we're SOL&JWL

The Trinity nerf is just awful, you should really consider making a poll about it, most of the people seem to be against it, even Oberon (which is in desperate needs of a buff) has infinite range on his healing.

Like many (including myself) have said before, please do not rush this balance changes, you need to do them at the same time you rework enemies, otherwise the game will just feel lackluster.

Another thing, isn't this supossed to be a co-op game? because with the nerf to blessing I'm better of soloing missions than playing in an actual squad, so I don't have to worry about being near my teammates to heal them nor about the damage reduction calculations.

10 minutes ago, GreyEnneract said:

It just makes no sense to me having a slow on Warcry, yet it can't be recasted. There should be something else there or I'd rather have it removed entirely than keeping it on.

I always thought Ripline could just be changed to a ranged slash strike power where she grows her energy claws out.

Paralysis should have more range and draw aggro.

I added a lot to my post if you'd like to read the rest. Also, yes, I agree to basically everything you said.

3 minutes ago, WingedCrusade said:

You people are kind of ridiculous. These aren't nerfs to anything more than your cheese tactics in the slightest. Here's a suggestion, think about how and when you use the abilities?

Wrong. Trinity was my first frame ever built. In 3 years not once have I ever abused the whole "self-damage for massive DR" meta. Now because of those people who would abuse that, I have to deal with severely nerfed range.

2 minutes ago, WingedCrusade said:

You people are kind of ridiculous. These aren't nerfs to anything more than your cheese tactics in the slightest. Here's a suggestion, think about how and when you use the abilities?

oh yeah, I see new bless working miracles in sorties/ high tier towers

It's an irony if you didn't guess. Trinity, best teamwork frame, with this change will become solo only frame. With no benefits added, just straight nerf.

I only wish I could refund my plat, it was waste of money as I see.

Oh no, you'll only get 60% damage reduction and enemies won't be completely useless in raids.

These changes are all fine. You don't need invulnerability and useless enemies. Let the blind spammers cry. Their tears are delicious.

Edited by Neightrix

12 minutes ago, PowerofTwo said:

Yep i echo this post... steam says 912 hours played there's a dreadfull flushing sound in the background now.....

The abilities where broken, no question whatsoever, but that's because the game is broken.... enemies do scale infinetly, defenses do not.... stacking defences means it takes more ammo than you have to take 1 raid enemy to 50% hp (since your powers do nothing coz you've moded for surviveability)... add in the Mag change wich i'm now 100% sure it makes Polarize LoS dependant to.... and since magnetize is something to you want to use now you also need duration... so we run into the saryn Rework problem of needing 200% in every single stat to do... anything...

Abuse your Ashe's like it's the last  @#&*( in a struggling Thai brothel because after bladestorm gets... adjusted we're SOL&JWL

We don't even have numbers or scaling values for the reworks yet. Put down your pitchfork and wait for the patch to drop. Sayrn can do a hell of a lot without having every single stat above 200%, and I'm sure Mag will be just fine, too. Bladestorm pretty much needs deleted. It's honestly as bad as Mesa's Peacemaker was.

12 minutes ago, Reaper-God said:

Players quitting warframe again incoming. Thanks for the nerfs. Consider buffing frames to increase their usage and not nerfing then to the ground so no one ever uses them again. Hello Mesa.

Many of the underused frames aren't underused because they are too weak. It's because there are outliers that are so hilariously broken that no one wants to use anything else. Mesa deserved her nerfs. Don't act like anyone played her for anything other than Peacemaker and easy farm on things like Draco. You don't actually have to speed the grind up and trivialize the missions to have fun. If you do that, you might get that shiny new Prime faster, but once you've gotten it, you'll be right back to where you started with another notch in your Mastery belt and nothing more. You'll have nothing to do. Furthermore, it's not fun for everything to instantly die to Bladestorm/Peacemaker/World on Fire/Exalted Blade before anyone other than those frames can touch an enemy.