The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mesa Revisions Feedback Post Update 18.13

[DE]Danielle

Hey Tenno! 

This megathread will be used to host your discussions regarding the recent Mesa ability changes in Update 18.13:

Mesa Changes

•    Mesa's personal Peacemaker weapon now scales with Secondary Weapon Mods. To accommodate the increase in power, Peacemaker's base stats have been reduced. 
•    Mesa’s Shooting Gallery will now grant her a permanent buff, but Allies will still have it rotate. 

Please be respectful and keep your feedback constructive. Thank you! 

I still want to see Peacemaker not have a root effect. Given that it is now a directional ability instead of 360 degrees I feel it is more warranted. Mesa is the gunslinger, what western have you watches that someone wasn't running and shooting. As far as the secondary mods, that was a change that was definitely needed.

using a crit status build on my akstilettos prime with 200% power strength my opening shot on peacemaker crits for 26k and can build up past 100k with shooting gallery active

shes err pretty good now shes probaly gonna outclass ash on tower defence missions 

edit: post 18.13.1

same build on mesa and aksteillettos

opening shot doing 4k crits getting up to 10k with shooting gallery activated

crit chance and crit damage are affected by pistol gambit and target cracker (primed version making it crit nearly every shot)

multi-shot mods do seemingly nothing, hornet strike doesn't affect damage as much as a 220% increase would imply more around 80-90% increase (opening shot unmodded pistol around 90, just with max hornet strike 140

Edited by klokw3rk
updated

Changes are awesome. Damage is sweet. But the thing I wonder about is modding.

Clarity is crucial, right? And it's hard to understand what build is better on her. From what I see:

1).Crit mods don't do much (because pistol crit mods are bad in general)

2).Physical damage of Regulators is almost even so physical mods aren't that good.

3).Fire rate mods don't work (?)

(that's what I understood from personal tests)

At first, the way it is - it's not that okay. The best way to mod is pure damage/multishot/elemental/fraction. What I want to see - crit builds were okay (if they aren't right now), Regulators will have some physical damage in priority (to increase it with mods).

At second, there are no clear stats of Regulators. Modded/unmodded. All building is quite intuative (don't say about wikia, game should provide info by itself, right?). We should have special window for this weapon and also Wukong/Excalibur's weapons (maybe Atlas as well on his 1st?). That would be cool.

Anyway, this patch is big step to great future, and I'm happy to see all of those changes. Great job!

18 minutes ago, -BM-Leonhart said:

Why? Mesa got great buffs and Volt was never better. Oh yeah, the cheese frames got hammered hard, I almost forgot about that...

Because he's trolling all of the new frame feedback threads. He has no real thoughts on the issues. 

tested it and it's lovely, procc'ing elemental status based on the mods i had on the pistol , high numbers crits i haven't seen before , primed pistol gambit works wonders i didn't notice any substantial speed increase when using anemic agility or gunslinger, but dont take my word on that, need more testing, and the permanent shooting gallery buff is simply refreshing and sweet

Quite happy with her, no complaints, and I'm not finding energy drain an issue. With 183% duration, 130% eff and maxed primed flow I'm sustaining her ult with little problems. One QoL tweak I would like to see is her Shatter Shield recastable, like Saryn's Toxic Lash but otherwise job's a caroooot!

I like how it works, tested on 20 Lv80 Corrupted Gunners and it's actually more than fine.

The only thing that I'd like to see on Mesa is maybe the capability of slowly walking while on her ult, so you can reposition yourself slightly without having to deactivate and reactivate the ability by itself.

Changes seem to work really nice, but just out of curiosity, would you mind giving us more info? like pacifiers stats right now, or the so called "tone down", was it directly to pacifiers or the actual damage increase from the aim reduction? which mods do not modify peacemaker in any way? Thanks in advance.

Like I stated before, the changes are really great, specially the shooting gallery one.

I really enjoy the changes to her abilities, the new shooting gallery feels quite good.

There is only one request I want to make, please make her 2 and 3 recastable while the abilities are still active.

Edited by ChubbysCurryMcToastKing

39 minutes ago, Nesit1 said:

1).Crit mods don't do much (because pistol crit mods are bad in general)

What about Primed Pistol Gambit? 187% increase in crit chance is not bad.  Peacemaker had a 50% crit chance in the past, unless this has changed, every shot should be a critical hit with some red crits thrown in there. Throw in Creeping Bullseye for an additional 48%. 

These buffs will help Mesa a bunch. The damage on peacemakers has gone up not to the extremes but still it is nice.

But yes, it would be cool if you could actually move while peacemaker is active. If you are not moving you will probably die pretty fast, even vs medium level enemies.