Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop Part 4: Hotfix 18.13.2 information & more!

[DE]Rebecca

10 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Just a bit more information for everyone comin' in hot here. Rejoice!

Okay, I need some more clarification. If the item at rank zero after forma-ing, starts with mod capacity 40 at MR20, will it get to mod capacity 60 when it gets to rank 10 and stop there or will we have to rank it to 30 again to get full mod capacity?

2 minutes ago, Myscho said:

So all new weapons after claiming now will be insta rank 21 (as i am MR21) ???

No, they'll just have 21 mod capacity (or 42 if they have a reactor/catalyst). You still have to fully rank the gear from 0-30, it's just not useless anymore while doing so.

1 minute ago, Gabbynaru said:

Okay, I need some more clarification. If the item at rank zero after forma-ing, starts with mod capacity 40 at MR20, will it get to mod capacity 60 when it gets to rank 10 and stop there or will we have to rank it to 30 again to get full mod capacity?

I'd like to know this as well...

16 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Thank you for keeping us up to date on the latest  :)

Now, my take on it: This is cool; and good for weapons - letting you get some base damage mods in while not depriving you of the experience of leveling it, but still doesn't address my problem with leveling frames - i.e. your abilities are neutered - for the exact same reason. Which is 'fine' for when you're first getting familiar with a new frame, but rather frustrating when formaing for the nth time.

On the bright side, you can preemptively start modding for when your abilities unlock, if you're leveling in a long endless or so.

Edited by Chroia

6 minutes ago, ryu-hayabusa1 said:

Why not buff the other healers?

This person speaks MADNESS!!!

But seriously, why aren't we buffing the other healers? The enemies sure have a hellish power creep, so why do we keep bleeding dry on power ourselves?

18 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

I don't care myself on the weapon levels as long as we can use the mods, so I think this is a pretty cool solution.

Thanks for the heads up Rebecca! ^^

EDIT:

1 minute ago, Chroia said:

Thank you for keeping us up to date on the latest  :)

Now, my take on it: This is cool; and good for weapons - letting you get some base damage mods in while not depriving you of the experience of leveling it, but still doesn't address my problem with leveling frames - i.e. your abilities are neutered - for the exact same reason. Which is 'fine' for when you're first getting familiar with a new frame, but rather frustrating when formaing for the nth time.

On the bright side, you can preemptively start modding for when your abilities unlock, if you're leveling in a long endless or so.

On second thought I didn't think of this... We truly need a bit more of work on the Warframes themselves.

Maybe disabling the restriction altogether once you've forma'd your Warframe? Like a prestige mode or something?

Edited by NightmareT12

For myself I think it would have been better to increase the capacity of mods instead of what they did, to me this is just their way of trying to combat Draco for some reason. As far as the grind to level up weapons is really a non-issue, you don't need the extra boost. If they are trying to reduce grind they are doing it in the wrong place in IMHO.

Edited by Pendragon1951

3 minutes ago, GamingVirtue said:

No, they'll just have 21 mod capacity (or 42 if they have a reactor/catalyst). You still have to fully rank the gear from 0-30, it's just not useless anymore while doing so.

I'd like to know this as well...

Still the half solution, but better than nothing

18 minutes ago, HarlequinSocks said:

Does no-one think about new players or those looking to level weapons and frame OUTSIDE of Draco?

Where is the progression if new players can get Prime equipment?

As for levelling, Draco is presumably being fixed, other planets have higher level mobs than T3/T4, as do Sorties.

17 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Enemy Plasma Grenades:

If you're like me and you have been playing a lot of Void Defense lately, it's more than likely you've had a mission failed due to one stray grenade from the enemy. These seemingly infinite-damage-scaling grenades of doom can be a death sentence, so here's what's coming:

Before enemy Plasma Grenades explode, they will live for 3 seconds after coming to a rest on the ground. Plasma Grenades can now be shot in air or when they are on the ground. When an enemy Plasma Grenade is shot and killed, it will explode and damage any enemies in range with no damage to you. A Tenno with a keen ear will be able to identify these threats and counter them with an accurate shot before it's too late.

Ballistas:

Ballistas will have telegraphing when they are winding up to fire off a round from their deadly Vulkars. An observant Tenno will be better able to identify and prioritize these threats.

THIS!  THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS!

THIS is the kind of stuff you do to make Warframe a better game!  Make certain uncommon/rare enemies deadly, but give players feedback so that they can identify when deadly stuff is coming and do something about it.  Be that something "dodge" or "prioritize killing" or even some situation-specific response, like shooting a sapper osprey's mines or, in this case, blasting a grenade out of the air.

Reward skill and attentiveness on the part of your players!

Warframe Feedback:

Valkyr: Hysteria: Each kill reduces her Hysteria Aura by 1 meter, the aura will continue to grow but killing frequently will keep it tight around you so you can control its range.

This is actually not a bad change.  It rewards killing, which is what you should be doing in Valkyr's berserker mode, and gives you an opportunity to get out of Hysteria when you need to safely.  Too many enemies in your Hysteria aura?  Murder enough of them and the further ones will drop out.  Make your own breathing room.

Starting Mod Capacity Changes:

When Hotfix 18.13.2 launches, the starting Mod Capacity for your gear (new or Forma'd) is now determined by your Mastery Rank and if an item has an Orokin Reactor or Catalyst installed.

For example, a Mastery 20 player would experience the following:

• Claim a new Warframe from the Foundry with no Reactor installed.
  • Observe the 'Unranked' item and see the starting the Mod capacity is 20.
  • Install a Reactor, observe the Mod capacity has doubled to 40.

This is determined by the following:

Starting Mod Capacity = Mastery Rank (if Orokin Reactor/Catalyst installed: x2).

The cap on capacity remains unchanged.

Please note this is a slight deviation of our discussions on how Mastery Rank will reflect gear level, but by affecting capacity it fundamentally enables you to use Mods the moment you get your hands on new gear or Forma an item. Have fun!

If I'm understanding this right, it means every piece of equipment you have will have a capacity equal to your Mastery rank or its level, whichever is higher, with the number doubled if the equipment has a catalyst/reactor on it.  If that's correct, then honestly I welcome this change.

Finally, Mastery rank actually has a use after MR12, and you don't have to run a few low-level spies to get a new weapon up to the point where you can throw a Serration or something in it.  It's pure convenience for later-game players, and an incentive for newer players to actually raise their mastery ranks.

1 minute ago, Pendragon1951 said:

For myself I think it would have been better to increase the capacity of mods instead of what they did, to me this is just their way of trying to combat Draco for some reason. As far as the grind to level up weapons is really a non-issue, you don't need the extra boost. If they are trying to reduce grind they are doing it in the wrong place in IMHO.

The sad truth, though, is that this doesn't solve the problem with Draco at all. It's still the same problem it always has been, in that it's literally the fastest way to cut the grind down. It's just getting even faster now that our stuff isn't total garbage with each reset.

Just now, Fifield said:

Where is the progression if new players can get Prime equipment?

As for levelling, Draco is presumably being fixed, other planets have higher level mobs than T3/T4, as do Sorties.

Getting prime equipment still requires you to go into higher tiers of void and repeat the missions. Effectively removing this from all new players would be a massive mistake. If you want to feel better than new players find your kicks elsewhere. Don't try and take void away from newbies.

Just now, HarlequinSocks said:

Getting prime equipment still requires you to go into higher tiers of void and repeat the missions. Effectively removing this from all new players would be a massive mistake. If you want to feel better than new players find your kicks elsewhere. Don't try and take void away from newbies.

I'm sorry if the design concept of progression eludes you.

16 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Starting Mod Capacity = Mastery Rank (if Orokin Reactor/Catalyst installed: x2).

Great!  I can't believe how fast that got done!

A few questions:  

- So if you are MR 20, then does that mean your weapon or warframe will hit its mod capacity limit at rank 10 and stay there until rank 30?

- Does this means it still takes the same amount of affinity to rank a warframe/weapon to 30 regardless of MR?

- Does this mean that if you have a focus lens on your weapon or warframe then it still won't get focus XP until it's at rank 30, even if it's hit its mod capacity limit?

Just now, Fifield said:

I'm sorry if the design concept of progression eludes you.

Im sorry if the concept of being an elitist fool will hurt the growth of this already hard-on-new-players game eludes you.

Edited by HarlequinSocks

Just now, Slaviar said:

@[DE]Rebecca could you please explain how capacity gain will work? Do I, mastery rank 20 player, need to level weapon to rank 10 to get full capacity, or do i have to go all the way to 30?

From what I read if you have a new weapon it starts at what your current Mastery level is, so if your rank 20 your weapon jumps to rank 20

18 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

June 1 Update:

Here comes another Update on Hotfix 18.13.2.

Starting Mod Capacity Changes:

When Hotfix 18.13.2 launches, the starting Mod Capacity for your gear (new or Forma'd) is now determined by your Mastery Rank and if an item has an Orokin Reactor or Catalyst installed.

For example, a Mastery 20 player would experience the following:

• Claim a new Warframe from the Foundry with no Reactor installed.
  • Observe the 'Unranked' item and see the starting the Mod capacity is 20.
  • Install a Reactor, observe the Mod capacity has doubled to 40.

This is determined by the following:

The cap on capacity remains unchanged.

Please note this is a slight deviation of our discussions on how Mastery Rank will reflect gear level, but by affecting capacity it fundamentally enables you to use Mods the moment you get your hands on new gear or Forma an item. Have fun!

Now we just need to get progression through the same weapon/gear family, like how I covered in a feedback thread. *wink wink*

15 minutes ago, Pendragon1951 said:

From what I read if you have a new weapon it starts at what your current Mastery level is, so if your rank 20 your weapon jumps to rank 20

From my understanding of op, you get extra mod points based on your MR but rverything starts at 0

Just now, Slaviar said:

From my understanding of op, you get extra mod points based on your MR but rverything starts at 0

correct but depending on your mastery rank it automatically jumps to that rank, so say I'm MR18 my new weapon jumps from 0 to 18 immediately