Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Works Part 5: 'Speedy' Update!

[DE]Rebecca

Holy cow, I never expected you'd let us recast Speed! This changes my play style quite a bit now, providing speed bumps (so to speak) for my mates while darting all over the place!

Shield count buff is great as well. Now I can have my riot shield without worrying about leaving gaps in my shield fort!

Thanks a bunch DE, keep up the good stuff!

24 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

This is going to be a really short Dev Workshop compared to Parts 1 through 4 - but it's worth giving everyone a heads up on! We are still iterating and playing through the changes, but we have some confirmed Volt changes coming in the 18.14 Update.

The changes are as follows:

Speed:

- Volt will be able to see the Speed pickup he creates.
- Volt can now recast Speed (like Mirage's Eclipse). Each recast will replace the prior speed pickup to the new casting location.

Electric Shield:

- Volt can now place up to 6 Shields (was 4).

Short and sweet - just some awareness for everyone that we are indeed still reviewing your feedback on the changes.

Still no fix for Chroma not having a proper passive.

Very glad to see volt got his shields count buffed up like I wanted.

Now my question is- is the shotgun falloff not being removed when weapons are shot through his shield finally going to be fixed?? I don't know how many updates it's been or how many reports it's had at this point since this happened.

RECASTABLE

MAX

POWER

SPEED

AT LAST!

Now if only discharge's pulse went out with duration and not range, it'd be better...

Seriously, it's an ability SIMILAR to molecular prime which spreads with DURATION.

Mag's polarise ALSO spreads with duration.

Speed AND the shield need duration.

Build for Discharge, and you have to sacrifice power, duration OR efficiency so you can use range so that Discharge actually GOES ANYWHERE!

Change the pulse to require duration JUST like nova and mag's respective abilities and duration builds BENEFIT!

There isn't that much of a downside TO having it work that way either and would likely make EVERY volt user happy, maybe even people that DON'T use volt!

I love volt FAR too much to see it's potential go to waste.

Edited by (PS4)Foxboy1993

Can speed please not be a pickup?

I'd much rather have an opt out than an opt in and with the way gameplay is it isn't really suitable to go out of your way for a pickup.

I'd suggest changing speed back to casting how it was and opting out by doing a backflip (Aim + Move Backwards + Roll) since it really isn't a widely used manuver and won't affect the pace of the game by forcing you out of it if you try to move around.

34 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Electric Shield:

- Volt can now place up to 6 Shields (was 4).

Short and sweet - just some awareness for everyone that we are indeed still reviewing your feedback on the changes.

Is there any information you can share with us in regards to use/activate actions? Many players have complained about the new shield causing problems with picking up objective objects (Power Cells and whatnot), reviving allies, hacking terminals... etc.

20 minutes ago, Weidro said:

what else is there ??

for a small fix like this 18.13.4 would have been enough

i asume there is more to this update

There is as the OP says that Volt changes are confirmed. We can infer that more updates are coming. Hopefully something surprising enough to get a majority of us hyped.

39 minutes ago, Wolfnrun said:

YES FINALLY still needs A LOT more work but this ok for now...I am expecting more soon. Please read more on the volt megathread because there's more problems that haven't been addressed that need to be ASAP 

Every ability still needs major buffs, ES has been nerfed to the ground yet again, this is not fixing anything but thanks for the effort 

What's the worst that has happened to ES in your opinion?

37 minutes ago, Myscho said:

I expect removing that silly dmg cap from ult

This by a lot.

When I thought of "Alternative to gun play" I pictured something like loads of casting abilities and a good damage output. Right now we've got loads of casting abilities but the damage, eh...

3 minutes ago, NightmareT12 said:

This by a lot.

When I thought of "Alternative to gun play" I pictured something like loads of casting abilities and a good damage output. Right now we've got loads of casting abilities but the damage, eh...

Right now Volt's alternative to gunplay is activate speed and just melee everything to death!

Which is likely NOT what that statement is supposed to mean!

Until his ultimate becomes really worthwhile, things are hardly going to change!

36 minutes ago, Domaik said:

No, no no!!! This will not solve the core problems!

The core problems are still the following:

1-Speed is unconventionally placed and not given to the whole team while they run and move. For a mobility-based game this is fatal and kills the fun...You don't want to stop and go back to pick up a speed boost even if it is closer to you after this update the core problem is still the same. We need something like limbo: roll to get out. 

On the other hand, recasting speed while active can and will be abused for perma speed builds...which Im actually curious about but it will make sancti tigris a machine gun...

2- Electric shield pick-up is awful. You want to revive someone? nope drop/pick up shield. you want to pick up a data mass?nope drop/pick up shield. you want to hack a panel?nope drop/pick up shield. you want to use a zip-line? basically, the X key is not a bright idea because it gives so many problems!!

3-Discharge has a damage cap. Period. I mean...it doesn't even do any damage to begin with, why would you cap it? it makes it very unreliable and not very consistent...Do something about this please...

I know you are tired of listening to Domaik, the crazy volt guy who will not stop asking for a Volt rework but really now we have some serious issues with the current volt and these proposed changes are not going to fix anything!

" 1-Speed is unconventionally placed and not given to the whole team "

It lies, as always, in the eye of the beholder...  it's fine for me... 'cause i dont want it, and i dont need it :)

Still a really bad idea. I don't think anyone likes the "pickup" thing. Following this mindset, warcry should work the same as its speeding up your squadmates.

Please revert it.

49 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

This is going to be a really short Dev Workshop compared to Parts 1 through 4 - but it's worth giving everyone a heads up on! We are still iterating and playing through the changes, but we have some confirmed Volt changes coming in the 18.14 Update.

The changes are as follows:

Speed:

- Volt can now recast Speed (like Mirage's Eclipse). Each recast will replace the prior speed pickup to the new casting location.

Doesn't address the big problem with the new speed.  The whole idea of using a drop that Volt leaves behind is just bad.  Honestly the old speed was much much better because people could just move together without having to worry about finding a drop.