Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The War Within: Less wait, more update!

[DE]Steve

5 hours ago, nicklam445 said:

finally, we can now murder those grineer queens, and putting end to whole grineer faction.

Probably a billion clones of them ready to take their place. I mean, that's how the Grineer still exist is from constant cloning. 

The Queens are not Grineer. We are about to get one more piece of the puzzle that is our hidden past.

If they arent Lorists I will be very surprised.  And kill them? The entire Grineer army bowed down to serve them.

What ever they are, it will not be easy or might not even be possible to kill them.

I really like the idea of chunking up the updates over a period of time. I like that each part gets featured, we get some content earlier and you guys aren't killing yourselves trying to get a massive-game-changing update out all at once without breaking the game. Sounds like a win-win for everyone! I'm guessing the arm cannons are the new game-changing mechanic being added in the War within, along with the fairy frame. Anyone know yet what it will actually be called? My vote would be for Monarch, that'd be a good name for her. 

8 minutes ago, SirDraco said:

I really like the idea of chunking up the updates over a period of time. I like that each part gets featured, we get some content earlier and you guys aren't killing yourselves trying to get a massive-game-changing update out all at once without breaking the game. Sounds like a win-win for everyone! I'm guessing the arm cannons are the new game-changing mechanic being added in the War within, along with the fairy frame. Anyone know yet what it will actually be called? My vote would be for Monarch, that'd be a good name for her. 

Fairy Frame is called "Titania", was decided by a design council vote after people suggested names.

For Ash Blade storm rework you can keep it same and make it a Quick Time event per every 3 blade storm attacks where you have to press a key within 0.5 seconds  in order to continue the storm. That would make blade storm fully skill based and nerf blade storm ability unless the person is really good at timing and matching. 

This would be similar to Final Fantasy 9 - Sword Fight in the very beginning of the game. 

I'm bit worried about next updates as they will most possibly nerf Ash to the ground.

I remember Mag rework that was planned to make her stronger but ended as nerfing her to be used at low levels only.

So we will lose the only one DD for survivals, that's sad :(

Who knows, maybe new frame would possibly replace Ash in that.

3 hours ago, Death_Master_ said:

I'm bit worried about next updates as they will most possibly nerf Ash to the ground.

I remember Mag rework that was planned to make her stronger but ended as nerfing her to be used at low levels only.

So we will lose the only one DD for survivals, that's sad :(

Who knows, maybe new frame would possibly replace Ash in that.

MAG isn't a nuker anymore, but she's still crazy strong with the right weapons, and a little strategy with Magnetize. I think she needs some tweaks, and maybe a replacement for Crush. That's about it though. I'm thinking change Polarize to a lower cost, but make it purely an enemy debuff/team shield heal. Give it back it's instant effect for the team shields, or make it so allies continuously regen shields while in the Polarize field. Even while under fire. Another thing is to maybe make this stronger based on enemy armor/shield reduction done so it scales. 

1 hour ago, Cerebrum123 said:

MAG isn't a nuker anymore, but she's still crazy strong with the right weapons, and a little strategy with Magnetize.

What strategy and weapons will make her good against corpus levels 100+ - 200+?

I mean better than other frames with same weapons.

Edited by Death_Master_
Precising

59 minutes ago, Death_Master_ said:

What strategy and weapons will make her good against corpus levels 100+ - 200+?

I mean better than other frames with same weapons.

Any beam weapon with decent damage will really start racking up damage inside the Magnetize bubble. With my Quanta Vandal alone I can very quickly start racking up damage a very short amount of time can get you into 25,000 damage, and that's without a max power strength build. When enemy projectiles are factored in as well the damage starts soaring even higher. Normal Quanta will work as well, and even Phage gets in a lot of damage quickly. From what I understand multishot, and shotguns don't work right with Magnetize. Projectiles with punchthrough can get crazy too, as the projectiles circle around inside and hit enemies repeatedly. 

Against Grineer and Corpus MAG can be very deadly, less so for infested since they don't really shoot at you. Since it takes enemy shots into account, Magnetize scales. It's not pre-rework Polarize, but it's still a powerful ability. 

14 minutes ago, Cerebrum123 said:

With my Quanta Vandal alone I can very quickly start racking up damage a very short amount of time can get you into 25,000 damage, and that's without a max power strength build.

And me with any frame and Toncor can do 50 000 - 100 000 from a single shot. And even 100 000 is often too few for high level mobs.

Sadly mobs scale up armor much faster than damage so at some point catching their shots becomes less and less effective.

And before nerf Mag was able to nuke a crowd of corpus at any level(if crowd isn't hidden fully under null bubble).

5 hours ago, Death_Master_ said:

And me with any frame and Toncor can do 50 000 - 100 000 from a single shot. And even 100 000 is often too few for high level mobs.

Sadly mobs scale up armor much faster than damage so at some point catching their shots becomes less and less effective.

And before nerf Mag was able to nuke a crowd of corpus at any level(if crowd isn't hidden fully under null bubble).

Yeah, she was OP at Corpus, and Tonkor is OP too. Not to mention MAG now permanently strips armor with Polarize. With 4 CP though MAG scales endlessly, and also does that on most Corpus. 

BTW, the 25k was DoT, and ticks rather fast. It wasn't even close to fully charged. I saw one I hardly watched go off for 60k, and that was mostly due to enemy fire. Throw in some tonkor blasts on a high range bubble and you might get into six digits. Bring a Redeemer or thrown melee, and you can also hit past your bubbles. I saw some crazy videos with the Lanka as well. 

ETA: Maybe a mod should split this over to the MAG feedback thread?

Edited by Cerebrum123

16 hours ago, Cerebrum123 said:

Yeah, she was OP at Corpus, and Tonkor is OP too. Not to mention MAG now permanently strips armor with Polarize. With 4 CP though MAG scales endlessly, and also does that on most Corpus. 

With 4 CP polarize becomes useless, and why would I limit myself to a frame like Mag, when I could play nova, saryn, mirage, or mesa and kill much faster with the same CP setup?

2 minutes ago, Lithorrhage said:

With 4 CP polarize becomes useless, and why would I limit myself to a frame like Mag, when I could play nova, saryn, mirage, or mesa and kill much faster with the same CP setup?

Polarize still restores shields for your team, as well as reducing enemy shields so it's not "useless". If you're talking about going into crazy hihg level Corpus, Grineer, or Corrupted, no, you won't be able to do what MAG can do. 

MAG scales much higher since she returns their own damage, and multiplies it. Just a few bubbles in the right place, and the enemies will kill themselves. 

I don't want to limit people's choices on frames, in fact, I only mention these things because someone said MAG was useless on high levels. Which is completely untrue. Just ask my buddies for when we did the 100-200 infested alert. That's who MAG is weakest against right now, and I still held my own. My only problem was when we had ospreys laying toxic everywhere. That was oneshotting all of us though.

MAG used to be a mindless nuke against Corpus, and a not so mindless nuke against Corrupted. Now she takes more skill, but is extremely good against everything but infested. The infested lack projectiles, and they use a lot of toxin. MAG has a small health pool, and that's not a good combination. 

30 minutes ago, Cerebrum123 said:

Polarize still restores shields for your team, as well as reducing enemy shields so it's not "useless". If you're talking about going into crazy hihg level Corpus, Grineer, or Corrupted, no, you won't be able to do what MAG can do. 

MAG scales much higher since she returns their own damage, and multiplies it. Just a few bubbles in the right place, and the enemies will kill themselves. 

I don't want to limit people's choices on frames, in fact, I only mention these things because someone said MAG was useless on high levels. Which is completely untrue. Just ask my buddies for when we did the 100-200 infested alert. That's who MAG is weakest against right now, and I still held my own. My only problem was when we had ospreys laying toxic everywhere. That was oneshotting all of us though.

MAG used to be a mindless nuke against Corpus, and a not so mindless nuke against Corrupted. Now she takes more skill, but is extremely good against everything but infested. The infested lack projectiles, and they use a lot of toxin. MAG has a small health pool, and that's not a good combination. 

Trying to use a slow wave to restore shields to teammates instead of an instantaneous pulse is not very helpful, and in the time it takes to reach your allies they may as well be dead, making it primarily only useful for you, as opposed to blessing, which is a much better cleric affect, restoring both health and shields instantaneously to all allies in the affected area.

Magnetize certainly is a good skill now, but I still see enemies ignoring the fact that it exists whenever I play with a mag. there are far better and far less buggy alternatives, especially since mag is STILL a 1 trick pony. In all circumstances, I'd rather have a CC frame over a Mag, because they will stop all enemy fire anyway, without the annoying side affect of messing up MY fire.

While it is true that she is no longer a mindless nuke, the way they went about her change was not constructive, they made her an overall worse frame, that has one ability that is great, when it actually works, and only on a handful of enemies at a time.

Also, literally any frame with a good weapon could have done that alert, the only thing dangerous in infested regardless of the level is the osprey toxin clouds, saying that mag did good against her weakest faction is a moot point when the faction doesn't get harder with level

13 minutes ago, Lithorrhage said:

Trying to use a slow wave to restore shields to teammates instead of an instantaneous pulse is not very helpful, and in the time it takes to reach your allies they may as well be dead, making it primarily only useful for you, as opposed to blessing, which is a much better cleric affect, restoring both health and shields instantaneously to all allies in the affected area.

Magnetize certainly is a good skill now, but I still see enemies ignoring the fact that it exists whenever I play with a mag. there are far better and far less buggy alternatives, especially since mag is STILL a 1 trick pony. In all circumstances, I'd rather have a CC frame over a Mag, because they will stop all enemy fire anyway, without the annoying side affect of messing up MY fire.

While it is true that she is no longer a mindless nuke, the way they went about her change was not constructive, they made her an overall worse frame, that has one ability that is great, when it actually works, and only on a handful of enemies at a time.

Also, literally any frame with a good weapon could have done that alert, the only thing dangerous in infested regardless of the level is the osprey toxin clouds, saying that mag did good against her weakest faction is a moot point when the faction doesn't get harder with level

1. Which is why in the MAG feedback thread I suggested a few things for Polarize to make it better for shield restoring. Either make it so that it has the instant travel within it's radius only for allies, or make it so that all allies within the radius constantly regen shields even when taking damage. With high duration you can cover very large portions of the map for long periods of time.

You seem to have the idea that "not perfect" or "not the best ability in the game" means "useless", which it most certainly does not. I don't expect a frame who isn't focused on healing to have anything equivalent to the best healing ability in the game. One that has been overpowered for a LONG time as well. Why are you trying to compare the two?

2. I've only one time seen some bullets go through Magnetize, and haven't seen it since. Now the enemies die the moment they set foot inside the bubble. In a public match a bad MAG could certainly be annoying, but a good one will do far more good than harm. The ability needs only a few tweaks to be perfect. The biggest one is to make enemy bullets that enter the bubble no longer dangerous to your squad. Another is to make it so energy isn't wasted when cast, which can happen if an enemy dies before the cast finishes.

Right now DE is working on getting rid of all the mindless nuke abilities in the game. I'm pretty positive that mindless CC is next on the chopping block. I'm expecting things like Radial Disarm(which is soft CC) to no longer be permanent on cast. I expect diminishing returns on things like Vortex and Bastille. They already changed Mirage's Prism so it can't lock down whole tiles anymore. Fortunately they are working on enemy scaling so we don't need this kind of cheap stuff just to survive higher levels.  

3. Before the rework she had two decent abilities, one of which was clearly OP. Pull is good cheap crowd control, and synergizes with Magnetize. Polarize now strips armor and creates shrapnel to work with Magnetize. Magnetize can completely destroy anything walking into it while it's up, and destroy anything within it's blast radius when it ends. Put moderate range on it, and it will take down a lot of enemies. Now she has abilities that work together for more benefit, like Saryn's rework. Although, they need to make some other adjustments before MAG can be considered as successful a rework as Saryn. 

4. How are you defining "good weapon"? Do you mean crazy OP like the Tonkor, or pre-nerf Synoid Gammacor? The infested to get tougher with level, their damage gets higher, and their health goes up. At a certain point even the tar moa puddles one shot you. They can hit you from crazy direction too. Low levels tend to not have the eximus units either. So saying they don't get stronger is just flat out false. I'll admit they are easier to cheese since they don't have many abilities that can hit from range. I will not be at all surprised if they change the infested to be much more resistant to CC than other factions. Maybe even going so far as to make many of their units completely immune. to hard CC. 

On 17.06.2016 at 10:11 PM, CrazyCortex said:

Devstream confirmed that nothing is happening to the infested door these next couple of updates. Might be an Update 20 thing. 

or 19.5 or later

On 6/13/2016 at 10:06 PM, [DE]Steve said:

Hello my lovely Tenno. How are you? Genji, amirite?

Part II: Specters of the Rail
Part two will be called SPECTERS OF THE RAIL. This is the Solar Map 3.0 update and we’re planning for release just a couple weeks after Lunaro. It’s why I wake up in a cold sweat most nights. This update contains a redesigned navigation system, a redesign of the Void/Key system (your collection still matters, earning wll be a bit different but there is no 'content lock out'), Kavats and a few interesting surprises for old and new Tenno alike. Pray for me.

I hope for umbra in part 2....please let it be in part 2 update :smile: