The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The War Within: Less wait, more update!

[DE]Steve

40 minutes ago, Ookami_Nihonto said:

Question why does DE give definitive ETA's just to push them back even further than predicted. I would think that I'd know this by now but for some reason it still upsets me when things don't release when we're told they will.

To be honest Ookami, its to be expected...by such..

well, just gives me more excuses to stay away from warframe, I begin to even not bother logging in for the rewards now  

11 minutes ago, bowiespoon said:

So, has it been confirmed that spectres is not in june?

for the most part yes it has been comfirmed. I just know that in my line of work that If i gave a customer a completion date and I was unable to deliver I would be fired.

8 minutes ago, Ookami_Nihonto said:

for the most part yes it has been comfirmed. I just know that in my line of work that If i gave a customer a completion date and I was unable to deliver I would be fired.

DE is always like this. It sucks, but there's nothing we can do.

2 hours ago, Ookami_Nihonto said:

As an engineer, yeah. Even if you don't get fired you won't be able to work with that customer, ever. 

Note: DE never gave exact dates.

A couple weeks can be taken in different contexts. We assumed it meant 2 weeks from Lunaro. The other context is "as soon as possible, but not immediately." As in the devs are still within a reasonable time frame.

Also, they at least have us a heads up on what's going on instead of keeping us in the dark. Working on a game is not easy, delays happen, things just don't work right the first time or the billionth time. The only way to assure that something works is to put a lot of man hours on it, and even then there will be issues wether with the code, stats, textures, whatever. Have patience.

17 hours ago, Charismo said:

While they never gave an exact date, they did repeatedly say "June" during the last devstream. If "couple of weeks" is accurate, then we're looking at a July release.

So... more waiting (again) I guess.

Just now, UltimateGrr said:

Cinematic quests seemingly take a while to make.

Yeah, but this one is going off the chain then because before u18 the wait was not THIS long.

(and i was meaning the "specters of the rail" update not the WHOLE chunk, my bad)

3 minutes ago, mrrobotto67 said:

Yeah, but this one is going off the chain then because before u18 the wait was not THIS long.

(and i was meaning the "specters of the rail" update not the WHOLE chunk, my bad)

Before U18, we didn't have these kinds of quests.  Compare Natah to Second Dream, and tell me there isn't a major difference.  Most of our quests were a few modified missions with some between mission VOs and that was it.  Now?  Actual cut scenes!

But yeah, it's been a while since our last major content update, which is why U19 is getting the chunk treatment, or it'd be longer still.

Just now, UltimateGrr said:

Before U18, we didn't have these kinds of quests.  Compare Natah to Second Dream, and tell me there isn't a major difference.  Most of our quests were a few modified missions with some between mission VOs and that was it.  Now?  Actual cut scenes!

But yeah, it's been a while since our last major content update, which is why U19 is getting the chunk treatment, or it'd be longer still.

I know, but i was saying the time between U17 and U18 was not that long ... hopefully it will be woth it.

8 hours ago, UltimateGrr said:

Sure, there's no arguing over cinematic quests taking longer to make. But "long wait" complaints come mostly from inadequate ETA assumptions on DE part.

10 hours ago, UltimateGrr said:

I actually think its the spectres of the rail part thats taking so long, rather than the war within.

One quest - no matter how good - does NOT take this long to make.

Lets be realistic here, the issue im having (and i can probably speak for the majority here) is the shameless delays, not the actual wait time. If they were to say "We'r gonna release the U19 in 2 month instead of 1" it would have been fine yaknow, hickups in dev do heppen and its a non issue, after all, a month here a month there isnt a big issue. The issue is tho, when they keep making release dates they cant deliver, first it started with the sudden "We gonna release War within in 3 parts, the actual WAR WITHIN gonna be the last part with 1-2 ("COUPLE") of weeks between them" which is abit iffy but aiight, i can dig that but now, its been 2 weeks since lunaro came out and specters should be out (As this topic still shamelessly propagates) *And yes, a "COUPLE" literaly means 2 and not a "Undeffenite ammount we can hide behind"*. The hardest pill to swallow tho, is what heppening right now, with the "3 part specter of the rail each week reveal - not realease mind you, only REVEAL" so we know most of the update already and we can probably guess the 3 parts with a 100% accuracy it being - 1. archwing, 2. solarmap, 3.kavats. and they still insist of releasing a new piece of information every week, information you would know if u watched the last devstream and that adds a minimum of 3 weeks which with the 1 week since lunaro release adds up to a month, twice as longer as they said it would take to release specters. 

My point is: dont make promises you cannot keep, we get it, u wanna give us contect, we wanna resive it aswell, constant content is the blood-line of this game but dont keep shamelessly delaying.

20 hours ago, motorfirebox said:

Because... if they didn't split the update, we'd have all of it right now...?

Well, if they shipped Specters first instead of returDEd Lunaro (*in Teshin voice* THAT NOBODY CAREO), and second would go War within - I believe there would be a lot less complaints.

Edited by U-thug

Just now, U-thug said:

Well, if they shipped Specters first instead of $&*&*#(%& Lunaro (*in Teshin voice* THAT NOBODY CAREO), and second would go War within - I believe there would be a lot less complaints.

Specters and Lunaro are being worked on by different people. Lunaro is a PvP thing, almost certainly involving the PvP team. Specters seems like it involves mostly Steve himself, along with whoever he has working on art assets. They're releasing stuff in the order it's finished, like they always do.

5 minutes ago, motorfirebox said:

Specters and Lunaro are being worked on by different people. Lunaro is a PvP thing, almost certainly involving the PvP team. Specters seems like it involves mostly Steve himself, along with whoever he has working on art assets. They're releasing stuff in the order it's finished, like they always do.

I saw couple of Steve`s vines with Lunaro - my inner paranoid tells me that actually it is Steve`s crew works on Lunar as well, since we have never seen PvP development team in any of the devstreams or another highlighting event held by DE.

Besides DE eventually likes to delay some stuff from immediate release.

Edited by U-thug

I think some people are simply being a little too impatient. Lunaro isn't even 2 weeks old yet, and they did say a couple of weeks. Hopefully the next update will take place this week, which if they do, will still be in June. No need to complain about it unless it doesn't come out this week.