Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lunaro Feedback [Megathread]

[DE]Danielle

Please remove stagger when getting hit with out the Lunaro. It's just an irritating way to troll players. Sitting there trying to be goaling to have some jerk Limbo sitting there stagger spamming me is not so fun.

Or maybe a second of being immune to check with the lunaro, It's hard to play as a team when you have a guy constantly pressing E on you

The game mode has so much potential to be fun. It's just a bit too limited movement wise, and vulnerable to troll tactics!

1 minute ago, Censium said:

Please remove stagger when getting hit with out the Lunaro. It's just an irritating way to troll players. Sitting there trying to be goaling to have some jerk Limbo sitting there stagger spamming me is not so fun.

Or maybe a second of being immune to check with the lunaro, It's hard to play as a team when you have a guy constantly pressing E on you

The game mode has so much potential to be fun. It's just a bit too limited movement wise, and vulnerable to troll tactics!

This. Checking needs some serious retooling, right now it's just used to keep players staggered 100% of the time or knocked down entirely.

3 hours ago, Multicom-EN- said:

Quite harsh, but yeah, movement is quite limited. I would like to atleast be able to wallrun with it. Fun gamemode though, I must admit.

DE have not "failed", it's just not perfected yet. I can't wait for improvements to this gamemode :)

Sounds exactly like people was saying about archving.

Well, by seeing what happening right now in matches just confirms expectation of new PvP mode. They all look different but result is similar. Not interesting. Too bad we even got movement momentum nerfs in PvE because of this.

Maybe assigning the vacuum button to the pass button when you have the ball as well. Right now if you have allies anywhere near you or the goal, you just pass to them rather than shooting like you're trying. Separating the two functions would make things much easier.

go ahead and check Lunaro stats for people that is permanently hosting, the profile grinding is beyond ridiculous, people that has never lost a match and no one can touch the ball but them

Edited by rockscl

Feedback part two:

Now that Lunaro is 3vs3. Its definitely better now. Im starting to see that people are assigning roles. 1 as a defender. The other two as attackers.

The two major problems I have currently with the current Lunaro Gamemode are LMB SPAM on each other and with the ball relocation.

1. LMB should only stagger the person who are holding the Lunaro. Why? Well I just played a game where one player focused on hitting me constantly because I was defending my goal. Either implement a goal protection area for the "defender of the goal" or go with the first idea of how LMB should only stagger the ones holding the Lunaro.

2. When the opposite team scores on either side, the ball spawns on the side that it scored on. During this time, the opposite team has to get out of the inner zone, but there's a major problem with that. The team that just scored can just go out of the inner zone and then reenter to get the Lunaro and just score again. Leaving the team that  just got scored on, no time to recover. There has to be a barrier like for five seconds, before the team that just scored to reenter the inner zone.

I don't think I'm alone here where you'd have an opening on the goal or are aiming up to clear the ball out from your goal but as you throw it the automatic passtargetting 'feature' passes it to a teammate who's just close to you.

Can we get a limit ignore to pass targetting?

As others have said, Its a bit frustrating that i keep passing the ball to the teammate to the side of me when im aiming at the goal. several would be 'shots on goal' become 'pass to the guy surrounded by the other team'. 

Pass and Shoot need to be two different buttons.

VIsuals look good to me and physics are pretty tight.

The solution: dont stand still. Seriously though, I have not had this problem. I also think a cooldown is also a bad idea. It will slow the pace down too much. If the team has a good goalie, you will have a real hard time getting a shot in. So what you do is send someone to beat him up so your buddies can score, otherwise you wont get a shot in. 

Just want to post it here. I had a 1v1 match with a guy, but it turns out, I couldn't even throw the ball while moving forward without re-catching it immediately right after. I was playing as the client, and the p2p connection was terrible.

I tried another round hoping to play under a better host. I did find one where I could actually throw the ball while moving forward, but lo and behold, the host had the major advantage yet again. Our team was extremely lucky enough to score 3 goals, while the other team scored 12 total, and 11 of them was scored by the same guy, who I am assuming was the host. The clients had no choice but to spam "tackle" and hope the ball heads towards the right goal direction.

This seems to be a fun side-game if executed properly, but at its current state, I don't think that having one guy having all that advantage is a fun experience. I'll hold off playing the game mode for a while and probably try to return once this gets fixed.

Thanks for reading the feedback!

More power to Warframe! :)

practiced abit and played a match post lunaro hotfix 1.

- where is lunaro mode key binding? As of the moment I have to press WSAD and E (slide) then F (channel) to do any slide throwing. Yep I might as well not do any of that.

- mini map indicating ball and team location. This is generally on how the on screen map UI works that is fundamentally problematic since Archwing and before that that needs fixing much like enemy scaling. The arrows on screen locating the ball ain't even correct/ intuitive much like the on screen icons in archwing interception missions. I have double check in practice mode while the ball being completely still on the floor and the arrow is just not pointing at the right direction of where is the ball. A mini map can temporarily band aid this problem.

- rework/ separate quick passing and throwing buttons! ..or frankly remove quick passing all together. Nothing gets more frustrating than throwing the ball to where I aim only to not knowing where the ball went after pressing the button.

- Oh did I say nothing is more frustrating than that? because sorry there actually is. For a brief second where you finally have the ball,you will likely get stun locked by all the tackles and losing the ball right away anyway if you are not the host. GG.

No cool-downs please. You can make an effective escape from the crowding when you get the ball. It also punishes a team that all go for the ball so when a player gets the ball they can make a break for the net. The pacing is perfect right now and putting cool-downs will slow it down. 

Stunning should also stay because firstly, it is easily escape-able  and secondly, it provides an effective way to counter a decent goalie. It becomes very difficult to score a goal with someone standing in front of it. Engaging in a fist fight with them is a good way to sneak a goal in.

I am having lots of fun with the game mode right now and I dont think anything needs to be changed.

It seems that the movement speed reduction to the shoulder charge has also affected your ability to score with a unstable ball within the 3 pillars of the goals. The ball seems to stay more closer to the ground down when you try to charge it near the goal line making it harder to make shots with charging but that's just my personal experience.

There are probably better players out there you can still make the shots but I am thinking that it might just be me.

-lunaro game mode should include energy (warframe's energy) in it.

-Checking & attacking should consume energy, can only be replenished by touching lunaro ball or going near the goal. Rapid succesion of checking/attacking will drain energy faster.

-no "friendly fire"

-better indicator when players posseses the ball (perhaps channeling?)

-separate pass & shoot button

Edited by (PS4)ATreidezz

10 minutes ago, TheCakeIsAyLie said:

No cool-downs please. You can make an effective escape from the crowding when you get the ball. It also punishes a team that all go for the ball so when a player gets the ball they can make a break for the net. The pacing is perfect right now and putting cool-downs will slow it down. 

Stunning should also stay because firstly, it is easily escape-able  and secondly, it provides an effective way to counter a decent goalie. It becomes very difficult to score a goal with someone standing in front of it. Engaging in a fist fight with them is a good way to sneak a goal in.

I am having lots of fun with the game mode right now and I dont think anything needs to be changed.

The gamemode calls for Fast paced movement but we are unable to acheve this half of the time causing the ball to stay on the ground constsiatnly. i have played a decent amount of games and heres what i think needs changing,

Buff movement speed,
Reduce knockdown range
4vs4 was FINE, just had alot of clueless people
Usage of dedicated hosting rather than rely on a teammates network
No cooldowns needed. Reduce casting speed would be efficient on some ability's

Would be nice if we could wall run while having ball in the whatever u call it
ADD a FOV Option in the settings.(Could see potential problems with this)

Highlighted teammate names

Better projection of who team is who.

make the team string longer and more identifiable

Better Ball location on ui (had to stop and think where that ball was)

Edited by WASPGOD

On 6/16/2016 at 1:37 AM, TheCakeIsAyLie said:

I can agree with Astery. You don't see hockey players beating up the goalie to get them away from the goal. Sure, there are good goalies that need to be dealt with, but modern sports has shown that there are other was than to beat their eyes out.

I also have to speak to the fact that it is easy for the opposing team to exit the zone and reenter to get another goal. There should be a barrier that lasts for a set time or when the team throws the Lunaro out of the defense zone.

Edited by [DE]Danielle
Removed quote from hidden post

I just played a couple of games after the patch and even with 3v3 I feel like in the cartoons i'm at one end of the court and the action is happening at the other end and by the time I get to the other end they are now on the opposite side. I feel like i'm pulling a truck behind me when I'm playing which it makes it not very fun for me. I'm using Loki which is suppose to be one of the faster Warframes and yet I feel like I'm slogging in mud. I don't get the same feel of speed and movement that I do in the regular game and I don't understand why? The new mode looks great and I love the UI for it, but for me the speed is really holding me back, my FP is like between 150-200 so it's not lag.  

1 minute ago, WASPGOD said:

How? Please explain.

Just imagine in a game of football (or soccer, depending where you are from) players can keep tackling the goalie legally so you can "sneak a goal in". 

Luckily in football that will result a yellow/ (more likely red) and send the offender away for good.