Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

FrellingHazmot's Art Dump: Corpra Mag 2.0 updated in the Steam Workshop!

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, warren685 said:

I like to suggest on adding a sort of scope on the Visor, maybe something similar to the Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell visor. It would make sense in a way since Mesa is a sharp shooter and the scopes help out with her aim and precision.Image result for tom clancy's splinter cell

Its better for him to use that style on Ash or maybe Loki 🙂 

I love your skins! It really makes me happy that there’s someone working on Corpus aesthetics for Tennogen since they’re by far my favorite faction in the game, and at such high quality too. I love that you’re working on Mesa as we speak, and I hope we’ll see more skin from you as it goes because I definitely would love to support you. Cheers!

Edit: I love, love the hoodie look for the Corpra Mesa skin that you’re going for, reminds me quite a lot of the Helghast Snipers from Killzone, very cyberpunk and aesthetically pleasing! However, as others have pointed out, her vizers do seem just a *tad* bit too bulky and disproportional. I think they could look better if it was smaller and sleeker. But otherwise I think you’re doing a fantastic job and I’m looking forward to seeing more. (My wishes being Ivara, Trinity and Nezha, personally)

Edited by Tuxie

I really like your Corpra skins. I bought day one and using the Excalibur and Nova even though I have many other skins (specially for Nova). The Ash to tell the truth wasn't that close to what I expected and I am glad you thinking things over, perhaps he needs some changes to better match the Nova/Excalibur skins.

The Mesa skin you are making? I really like the clothed hood and the shape of the head (rounded like futuristic helmet) but I don't like the bulky squared 3D mobile shaped visor you have at front as the "facial" feature. I don't mean to offend you but looks exactly like those cheap plastic so called VR for mobile phones (or even the most expensive VR headsets for PC if you like). Its bulky and ungly, needs something more rounded to fit the clothed hood. I like a lot Favens Graxx helmet for Mesa (or even the dead eye from NotYou) and Harrow too fits nice with clothed hood if I could suggest something more close to why I personally like. Vlada's or warren's suggestions are interesting and more close to what I would like instead of the current rectangular one.

Vladas one could match the snipers from Killzone universe (I really-really like).

SniperKZ2.jpg

Some ideas perhaps?

Like the "sniper" one from an (unknown?) reddit user (the Tech one is a bit similar to your thinking):

ilqidy92iu001.png

https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/7gaod2/some_ideas_i_had_for_new_less_toaster_looking/

also one I found from deviantart and the creator robthedoodler

helmet_design_by_robthedoodler-d6p5ory.j

https://www.deviantart.com/robthedoodler/art/Helmet-design-405052846

If you google futuristic military helmets or take a look at: 

https://gr.pinterest.com/pin/356136283012020430/

I understand that you want to make your own unique helmet and not something that will be similar or look like a copy from another game.

I think there is plenty of stuff better than this:

samsung_gear_vr_header.png

Edited by (PS4)Nek_Food
  • Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

Update on Corpra Mesa! Sorry I'm slow you guys should expect that by now! The front of the "helmet" has to be worked on yet. I spent some time on the torso and arms. Still a bit of ways to go though! It's a bit of Fortuna/ Solaris inspired. Hope you guys like the direction I'm taking her in!

ShCC9p0.jpg

Edited by FrellingHazmot
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, FrellingHazmot said:

Update on Corpra Mesa! Sorry I'm slow you guys should expect that by now! The front of the "helmet" has to be worked on yet. I spent some time on the torso and arms. Still a bit of ways to go though! It's a bit of Fortuna/ Solaris inspired. Hope you guys like the direction I'm taking her in!

ShCC9p0.jpg

Something about the white stripes on her shoulder and thigh feels off. For the thigh stripes I suggest you make it look parallel to the 2 "cartridges" at the side of the thigh. Hope this skin will continue the double metallic tint that other Corpra skins have too.

Edited by LogaMC1995

On 2018-12-11 at 12:49 AM, FrellingHazmot said:

Heya guys!

Here's Corpra Mesa! (Ash is on the back burner until I figure out what the hell I'm doing with him)

ZoUrNpG.jpg

Here is my critique for improvement.  She very much looks like a boxy, LEGO version of Ivara.  There is some of Valkyr’s alt-Helm but more simplistic and less polished.

kCELCZj.jpg

Also, You’ve managed to incorporate every SONY PLAYSTATION SYMBOL into the box on her face. 

09xMzuF.jpg

The trick to Corpus is basic shapes but details within those shapes. Do not be afraid to put the time in to add stylish contour, detail, and attitude that represents Mesa....Robotic Blocky Mesa isn’t so much Corpus Mesa...Hit-scan, lasersight, Hi-Tech-deadly Assassin Mesa...THAT’s Corpus Mesa.

Killzone influences...Deus Ex..Solid Snake...Boba Fett...just some ideas.

”The Void Devil is in the Details!” (TM)

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

8 hours ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

Here is my critique for improvement.  She very much looks like a boxy, LEGO version of Ivara.  There is some of Valkyr’s alt-Helm but more simplistic and less polished.

kCELCZj.jpg

Also, You’ve managed to incorporate every SONY PLAYSTATION SYMBOL into the box on her face. 

09xMzuF.jpg

The trick to Corpus is basic shapes but details within those shapes. Do not be afraid to put the time in to add stylish contour, detail, and attitude that represents Mesa....Robotic Blocky Mesa isn’t so much Corpus Mesa...Hit-scan, lasersight, Hi-Tech-deadly Assassin Mesa...THAT’s Corpus Mesa.

Killzone influences...Deus Ex..Solid Snake...Boba Fett...just some ideas.

”The Void Devil is in the Details!” (TM)

Uhh... you're sort of late on this. He's already changed the helmet a bit from what it used to be, if you were to look at the updated version that they recently posted. 

51 minutes ago, Scruffel said:

Uhh... you're sort of late on this. He's already changed the helmet a bit from what it used to be, if you were to look at the updated version that they recently posted. 

I’ve seen it.  My critique still stands.  These guys are top-notch artists AND technicians.  I’m just presenting information from an Art Director/fellow artist’s perspective so he can put out the best product as HE sees it.

He needs to really make the face stand out.  Having said that...

He can do what he wants with my feedback.  😊  

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

• 1 month later...
On 2019-03-18 at 9:08 PM, (PS4)EntertaingGaming said:

Any update on Mesa or Ash Corpra? Any future projects in the works that we can inevitably expect?

Sorry here ya go. Progress from a two day baking session. This is just the base texture of the body, no details yet (decals, textures, grime etc). Should be starting the helmet sometime next week. In the meantime,there's a bunch of errors I need to sort out yet since I've been fighting with the body quite a bit. Unfortunately, Ash is going to be on hold until I figure out what I'm going to do with him.

4bQvDjj.jpg

Edited by FrellingHazmot
  • Like 1